• Published 1st Nov 2017
  • 1,454 Views, 13 Comments

Harmony - All Art Is Quite Useless



The Bearers gave up their physical Elements, but that doesn't mean that they didn't remain in their hearts.

  • ...
6
 13
 1,454

Awaken

I watch them without eyes. I feel them without nerves as they step upon me, as their voices reverberate against my inner walls. The lilt and cadence of their voices inspire me to feel, to reach out and touch them in return.

I know their happiness.

I feel a sudden jolt of sensation as confetti blasts against my side.

I know their pain.

I hold a silent vigil as Twilight Sparkle drifts off into a pleasant sleep.

I know their dreams.

With a small measure of my influence, she begins to break out in a cold sweat, kicking at her covers and bringing her hooves over her face, silently sobbing in her slumber.

I know their fears. They fear me. Why do they fear unity? Why do they not wish to unite?

She wakes the next day as if nothing happens. She forgets her torment and woe. She forgets me. After everything I have given her, after all that we have experienced together, she forgets me. They all do.

The next day they all sit in the throne room. They laugh and cavort about, taunting me. I mean nothing to them. If only they could understand my desire, my need for camaraderie. For years now they have been a part of me, but they see me not, they hear me not.

And then there are the two intruders. They have no place here. They mock me with their presence, and I graciously ignore them as they take up my space, admire their reflections in my walls. I have been accommodating, I have been patient.

No longer. Now they will all see me, see themselves.

Now they will understand true harmony.