• Published 29th Nov 2017
  • 5,110 Views, 47 Comments

Weekend With The Pies - Mister Phoenix



Spike & Pinkie has been spending more time together, it doesn't help Pinkie who been trying stop being on one way street. Since she loves him and knows he wouldn't return her feelings. That changes when he get bought to the rock farm to her sisters.

  • ...
6
 47
 5,110

Chapter Two; Meeting The Pies

Spike smiled seeing Pinkie sleeping on his shoulder. He let out a silent laugh, while she started muttering in her sleep about cupcakes, pancakes and well every kind of cake. Spike shook his head, but he had his arm wrapped around her, when she started struggling in her slumber. Spike watched the birds, flying in the blue sky, fillies running around on the train station, Spike shakes Pinkie awake, she let out a cute yawn, giving Spike a grumpy expression.

"You interrupted my Cake Dream, I could eat a giant cupcake." Pinkie started drooling at the thought.

"Yeah, sorry, but the train is soon to arrive." Spike said, Pinkie grumpiness broke, pulling Spike in a hug.

"This is great, you'll love my sisters! They’re like the best ponies ever, no matter what the fandom says." Pinkie said, Spike was about say something just when the train arrived.

Pinkie pulled him by the arm, it doesn't matter how big or old he is getting. Pinkie is still somehow strong enough to pull him anywhere, even if he doesn't want to go. The train itself was nothing exciting, Pinkie kept going on about how she can't wait to see her sisters once more. Pinkie soon started clapping her two front hooves together and letting out some sort of yell that the other ponies in the train cart looked over at them in confusion.

Spike just smiled and join in for Pinkie’s enjoyment. Ponies turn their head in disgust at their unpleasant behaviour. Pinkie just digging into the food that they served on the train, Spike fired a spoonful of some mashed potatoes at Pinkie's face. She licked off her face, giving the dragon the most evil smile that a pony who always smiles could give.

Ponies soon began to leave the cart and leaving the only two left in the cart to their food fight. Pinkie firing her peas and carrots, that Spike blocked with his arm, returning fire with grapes. The two were laughing, before their heard the coughing of the train conductor, who were glaring at them in anger, in which Pinkie let out a nervous laugh.

"He started it!" Pinkie blamed Spike, pointing at him with her pink hoof.

Spike couldn't believe that Pinkie sold him out like that, she returned fire! The unicorn stallion still remained upset at the two actions, shaking his head in disappointment.

"You both have to clean up your mess. I don't care who started it, clean it up before you get off at your stop." The train conductor spoke, Spike's and Pinkie's heads lowered in same.

"Yes sir." Their answered, he walked over to the other side, to sit down on one of the empty seats to watched the pony and dragon cleaning.

Spike were mopping the floor while Pinkie cleaned the windows, even though they didn't speak, afraid of what the train conductor might say. They keep stealing glances at each other, each time their eyes meet, Pinkie blushed for getting to see his nice emerald green eyes. While Spike blushed since he was embarrassed that Pinkie caught him when he looked over at her.

The train conductor, smiled, as the two finished much faster than he thought.

"Good job you two, you two make such a cute couple." He said, leaving the train cart.

"Wait, she's not my marefriend. She just a mare, who's also happens to be my friend!" Spike let out quickly, Pinkie couldn't help blushing at the thought of her and Spike as a couple.

Pinkie let out a small giggle, Spike sat down while muttering something to do with only being friends with her. Pinkie moved closer to the purple dragon.

"You know Spike..." Pinkie said, Spike turned his attention to her and stopped his muttering.

The train whistle blew, interrupting Pinkie, she gave a small frown, that disappeared the moment she felt Spike's claw grabbing a hold of her pink hoof. Once at the deserted train station, the colourful train sped off to its next stop, Spike let go of Pinkie's hoof much to her disappointment. It didn't break her smile, as she let out a cry of joy, seeing Maud Pie, slowly trotting towards them.

"Maud!" Pinkie shouted, rushing over to the oldest of the Pie Siblings.

Maud still had that same emotionless expression on her face, never breaking a smile or a frown, Spike sometimes wondered if she even feels. Spike gave her a wave causing Maud to blink and look inside her pocket.

"Boulder says hello." She spoke in a tone of voice that sounded extremely bored.

Pinkie didn't seem to know, since she gave her older sister a suspicious look with those blue eyes of her's. Maud blinked at her sister, she turned around and lead the two back to the farm, Spike tried several times to try and start a conversation with the gray coated earth pony, he failed since each time Maud just turn to him looking at him with those light green eyes.

The three arrived at the farm, Spike didn't think it would be grand and he was right, just rocks for miles, some were bigger than others. Two mares walking up to them, from what Pinkie told him about them, Spike at less knew the mare on the left was Limestone Pie while the mare on the right was Marble Pie.

The moment she gazed at Spike, Marble hid behind Limestone for protection. Limestone glared at Spike, Pinkie smiled at her sister.

"I hate him." She down right stated

Spike, didn't know what was happening at the moment, he slightly heard Marble Pie let out a "Mm-hmm?" To Limestone, who seem to roll her eyes. Pinkie jaw drop at what Marble seem to say, while Maud took boulder out of her pocket to let him get some fresh air. Spike didn't understand what was going on between the Pie Sisters and he most likely would never understand.

Pinkie gave Limestone a slap on her back before letting out a laugh. Spike turn to Maud to see if she knew what was going on at the moment, which she gave to him was just blinking her eyes. Limestone seem to let out a sign of defeat, keeping her angry green eyes on the dragon. Spike swallowed his breath, slightly afraid of what the mare might do to him.

Spike scratched the back of his neck, feeling the goosebumps that Limestone is giving him going up his spines. Pinkie gave Spike a smile.

"Limey and Marble will show you around Spikey. Maud wants a word with me, later." Pinkie said, hoping to Maud, Spike looked around apprehensive.

"Wait, Pinkie! Don't leave me alone with her!" Spike cried out, which fell on deaf ears, since Pinkie was already to far away.

Spike looked at Limestone's evil smile that appeared on her face, if Spike had boots, he would be shaking in them.


Pinkie hopped next to Maud, Pinkie even showing that smile of her's, she never seen Maud more nervous when she saw Spike. Pinkie seen Maud nervous before, just the way how her emotion are bouncing all over the place right now. Pinkie never seen her like this.

"Pinkie, why are you doing this to yourself?" Maud asked, Pinkie made popping noises with her mouth.

"I don't know what you mean, Maudy." Pinkie said, her eyes shifting suspiciously .

"I know you only bought Spike here because you wanted to try and tell him how you feel. I also know you forgot that I also like your friend, I’ve been trying to control how I feel about him since you and Spike have arrived." Maud explained

"Oh, that's why you wasn't as excited to see Spike, normally your over the moon." Pinkie spoke, Maud blinked her eyes.

"I rather not steal him from you Pinkie, you talk about him a lot in our letters. I don't want to take that away from you." Maud said, in her normal monotone speaking voice.

Pinkie looked away from her older sister, her blue eyes drifting off the see the rocks as far as she could see. Pinkie knew once Maud had made up her mind it was near to impossible to try and change it. Pinkie let out a gasp soon coming with the greatest idea that she has ever made!

"Well maybe you don't have too, we can just share him. You know harem and all that stuff." Pinkie smiled at her sister, hoping Maud would agree.

"Good idea on paper, but for a harem you need at least four mares and one male, to have a start." Maud spoke, Pinkie gave a pout.

"Shoot, I totally forgot about that, Limey and Marble just met him, but..." Pinkie said, hoping that Maud would understand where she was coming from.

"Fine, if Marble and Limestone like Spike like we do, then yes, we can make a harem." Maud said, Pinkie clapped her two front hooves in joy.

While Pinkie were persuading Maud in starting a harem or helping her create a harem for Spike. The dragon himself was trapped with a mare whenever he tried to talk to would turn back and shout "Shut your mouth." While each time he tried to start a conversion with Marble she would try and escape his gaze.

"That's Holder's Boulder!" Limestone spoke up, Spike looked at the large boulder that she was pointing to.

"If you put one claw on it, well would you miss one of your arms?" Limestone asked, Spike wanted to scratch his head with that strange question.

"Yes?" He answered, not sounding sure.

"Good, I'll aim for the right arm then." Limestone said, staring him down, this mare has eyes that would frighten the most bravest of dragons and ponies.

"Mm-Hmm." Marble seem to try and say to him.

"Got it." Spike nodded in fear, he turn to see Marble who was taking glances at him. Her face burn bright red, running next to Limestone so she would be safe.

Spike lowered his head, following behind Limestone and Marble Pie, he just gave up on trying to prove he wasn't here to ruin their rock farm, Limestone showing him where they smash rock, where they move rocks, it all looked the same to the purple dragon. Until he followed the two sisters into a cave, Spike swallowed hoping that this wasn't how it ended, but seeing a whole field of gems, one of each colour, there must be over one thousand, Spike couldn't help, but drool at the site.

"This is the Gem Mines, where we sort out the reals and fakes, keeping out thieving Diamond Dogs while we trade them to either Dragons, Ponies, Zebras, or Diamond Dogs as long as their pay I don't mind. I don't like being scammed." Limestone said, turning to Spike who quickly shut his mouth.

"If I see you eating them, then you'll be out of here faster then Maud can break a boulder." Limestone had rage burning in her eyes.

"Got it." Spike nodded, forcing a smile on his face, noticing Marble whispering something in Limestone's ear.

"No, he's a dragon. An unwanted dragon, I don't care if he's Pinkie's friend, if he steps out of line then I'm sure Pinkie won't miss him." Spike jaw dropped hearing Limestone.

"Mm-hmm." Marble said, Limestone letting out a sign of defeat.

"Fine, then. I'll give him one chance, but that's all he's getting." Limestone turn to Spike, "Got that, one wrong move then..."

"Yes, yes, I know, I'll be sleeping with the fishes."

"I never liked a comedian." Limestone said, walking past him, her green eyes not watching him, Spike could still feel the hot gaze that burned from them.

"Umm... Thanks." Spike said to Marble, who let out a "hrm." Before rushing over to Limestone's side.

Spike followed behind them, this is already turning out to be a blast. Limestone was going on about the rules of the Rock Farm that Spike wasn't paying attention to, the angry earth pony stopped him with her hoof.

"You will work while you're here. One of us will always be keeping an eye on you so don't get any funny ideas." Limestone told him, Spike looked at Marble who quickly turned her attention to the solid rocky earth, Spike started wondering what the Rock Convention was all about.


Hundreds of earth ponies watched in amazement, their expression might show that they are bored, but to these stallion and mares this is the most excited in their life, it was The Rolling Stones competition, where five chosen stone will be rolled down the hill. The winner will gain five thousand rock dollars, they like normal dollars, but for rocks.

"This is the most extreme race, that we have seen, Number Two hoping to win so his wife would take him back, while Number Five is wanting to take first place for the tenth year in a row." The announcer spoke, to normal ears he might sound like the bored pony ever, but like everypony else he was on the edge of his seat.

"Now for the music, from Twisted Rock Sisters; I Wanna Rock."

The earth ponies stomped their hooves, seeing a drum set, two bass guitars and a microphone with all have rocks next to them, the stallions tapping their hooves. One mare fainting from when the leader singer took a glance at her, Cloudy Quartz looked at her husband, with a light smile.

"This is our song." Cloudy Quartz spoke, nuzzling her neck against Igneous Rock Pie.

"It just as good as I remember it being." Igneous Rock said, Cloudy let out a sigh and gave her husband a kiss on the cheek.


Spike was looking at the list Limestone Pie gave him, it read what Pie Sibling he's meant to be working with;

1. Maud Pie; 9:00 to 10:00
2. Limestone Pie; 11:00 to 12:00
3. Pinkie Pie; 13:00 to 14:00
4. Marble Pie; 15:00 to 16:00

Spike walked over to where Pinkie told him to go and meet up with Maud. Spike gave the mare a smile, Maud turn to see the dragon, Spike scratched the back of his neck, letting out a small chuckle not knowing how to even start a conversation with Maud.

"So, umm... What do I need to umm... Do?" Spike asked, Maud blinked at Spike.

"We only need to deal with the main types of rocks; Sedimentary, Metamorphic and Igneous. Sedimentary can't be next to Igneous, while Metamorphic can be next to both, but only if Sedimentary and Igneous ain't too close." Maud told him, "Call if you need help."

Spike looked at the hundred thousands of all the different types of rocks. He looked back at Maud, who seems to be smelling the rocks on the ground and then kicking them away. Spike moved his green eyes towards the ground, picking up the first rock he saw, Maud turn to face him.

"That's a Metamorphic rock, he can stay where you found him." Maud said, Spike dropped the Metamorphic Rock from his claw, Maud shook her head sideways.

"This is going to be one long hour." Spike muttered to himself

"So Maud, how are you?" He asked, trying to at least more about her.

"Good, Boulder’s having fun with the other types of rocks." Maud said, Spike lowered his head and went back to work.

Maud kept her eyes on Spike when he wasn't paying attention to her, Maud's eyes slowly blinked, she is still amazed that Spike hasn't noticed the massive crush she harbored on the purple dragon. Spike turn to noticed her staring, he gave her a wave with his right hand, Maud blinked turning away from him, smiling that he saw her.

Spike once finishing his work hour with Maud, he journeyed to the Gem Mines; Spike would be alone with Limestone Pie, for an hour. He just wondered if Pinkie Pie's "Pinkie Sense" was going off at the moment. Limestone glare him down once he entered, Spike rolled his eyes.

"You don't need to explain Gem Farming to me, do it all the time with my friend Rarity." Spike said, before Limestone could speak.

"Shut it, while you're with me, you follow my rules. First you'll call me Boss Limestone, second don't even think of pocketing or eating any of the gems, I know the exact number of Gems in here. Third don't you dare sass me boy, or call me cute or pretty. Got it." Limestone said, her head is just inches away from Spike's.

"Yes, Boss Limestone." Spike said, Spike thought she would've have smiled, but the earth pony moved away from him.

"Get to work!" She yelled, Spike rolled his eyes, going as far as he could go away from the angry Pie Sister.

Spike started digging at the ground with his tail, Limestone noticing the purple gems started shaking violently, heating up with anger, right before she could yell at the dragon to stop. Spike dug up three Fire Rubies and three Aquatic Sapphire's, he stopped looking over at the mare whose jaw was slightly dropped in surprise.

"Am I doing something wrong?" Spike asked, Limestone shook her head sideways.

"No, umm... Could you do that again.... Please?" She forced out, Spike gave her a smile, Limestone looking at the spot where he was digging.

Limestone just rolled her eyes at the tiny emeralds that Spike dug up.

"They’re useless," Limestone spoke, Spike put his claw on his chin.

"Not unless you're making a necklace." Spike said, Limestone rolled her eyes.

Limestone stomped back where she was stand before, grabbing the pickaxe with her mouth. Her eyes moved over to the lazy dragon that hasn't moved since she left him alone, Limestone made a growling noise with her mouth, lifting up her left hoof. Spike gave her a smile, putting a purple colour necklace, with one of the small Emerald's as the center.

"It matches your eyes." Spike said, Limestone just stared him down.

"Don't flirt with your boss," Limestone said, once she turn around she slightly smiled with a small red blush on her face. "But thank you." She whispered out.

"So why are you so good at Gem Farming. Even the Diamond Dogs we hire sometime ain't that good." Limestone spoke, Spike let out a chuckle.

"My friend Rarity; she's likes to take me with her with her when Gem Farming since she doesn't want to get her hooves dirty." Spike explained

"So are you and her, together." Limestone said, surprised at herself that she even asked that question, not even knowing where it came from.

"No, I used to like her, but... stuff happened, I rather not talk about it." Spike said, Limestone gave him a nod.

'Maybe this dragon isn't that bad, Heh, Pinkie sure knows how to pick them.' Limestone thought, looking at her necklace that Spike gave to her.


Spike didn't know how much he would miss Pinkie's joyful attitude and just how she's fun to be around. With Limestone has clearly stated, multiple times that she didn't want him around, while, well, he didn't know where he stood with Maud. Pinkie bounced next to him while the two friends journey through the closest town, Rockville. Spike looking around and the name of the town doesn't lie, the whole place is rock themed.

A shop selling sofa's made out of rocks, a bakery that sold food made out of rocks, with Rock Pies sitting on the window sill. Spike couldn't believe that his stomach letting out a growl at the site of Rock based food. Pinkie let out a giggle, hearing the loud rumbling.

"Don't worry Spikey, we can get a Rock Burger after we're done, they better than you think." Pinkie said, with that smile, right now the dragon would eat anything right now.

"Sure, that sounds great." Spike said, adding a bit of sarcasm at the end that Pinkie didn't catch up on.

"So, what are we getting?" Spike asked, Pinkie shrugged her shoulders.
"I don't know, sometime Limey just wants me to get off the Farm for a bit since she doesn't think I'll be that useful." Pinkie stated, her blue eyes moved away.

Spike pulled his pink pony friend next to him, Pinkie in return let out her best Fluttershy's "Epp." At the sudden surprise, but she rubbed her head against his warm scales. Pinkie enjoyed the small moment, it’s not like the other ponies in the town seem to care about the dragon and the pink party pony hugging in the middle of the street.

Spike let go of Pinkie, much to her disappointment, giving off a small pout. Her eyes grew wide, grabbing Spike's arm and dragging him off to a random direction, Spike has gotten used to Pinkie tugging his arm to force him to go where she wants to go. Pinkie threw the dragon on a green colour chair, while she sat opposite of him, beaming him a smile.

The waiter, place a plate that held a rock burger in front of him and Pinkie, Spike found this strange, he had moments alone with Pinkie, having a picnic on a hill alone, but this felt different. Spike just couldn't understand why he was flustered and unsettled while he was alone with her, Pinkie was holding up her head with her two front hooves, her blue eyes stared deeply into Spike's green eyes.

"So," Spike forced out. "Why is Holder's Boulder so important?" Spike asked, Pinkie's eyes moved away.

"Well, my ancestor; Holder Cobblestone, discovered the boulder in an abandoned dragon's nest. He put it in the middle of the farm and it has been bring good luck to the farm and the Pie Family for centuries."

Pinkie paused, looking around, darting her blue eyes around nervously. "Don't tell Limestone, or she will be really mad at me, but before I got my special talent .... I touched Holder's Boulder hoping that it would help."

Pinkie stretched her legs, the two having finished their rock burgers, Spike couldn't believe that Pinkie was right about them. They were better than he thought, the duo soon started to head back to the Rock Farm, Pinkie gave her dragon friend a wave goodbye, while he left to meet up with the last of the Pie Sisters; Marble Pie.

Spike gave a smile to Marble, who just let out an "Mm-hmm." Spike didn't know how to react, since he already knew that Marble was the quietest of the Pie Sisters. He didn't even know what he's meant to be doing, each time he looked at Marble and if she spotted him, she would blush and turn her head away from the purple dragon. From what he could tell, he was moving rocks, he was still wasn't too sure.

Marble kicked one away, the rock hill began to shake, a boulder about the size of a pony began rolling down the hill. Spike's green eyes spotted at Marble, was standing in the way. Spike tackled her out of the way, Marble looked back seeing the boulder crushing Spike's tail. Marble blinked at the purple dragon who let out a strange chuckle.

"I must look ridiculous." Spike stated, Marble gave a smile.

"Mm-hmm." She answered.

Marble Pie was looking at the boulder that rested on top of Spike's tail, Marble hit the boulder, having it crumble into small stones. Marble held her hoof out for Spike giving him a smile. Spike lay on the hard and uncomfortable couch. Marble putting a ice pack on his tail.

"Umm... Thanks for saving me." Marble said, in the sweetest voice Spike has heard.

"No problem, why don't you talk much. Your voice is lovely." Spike said, Marble's face heated up in a bright red blush.

"Mm-hmm." Marble said, hiding her face away.

"Well I think it's cute," Spike stated.

"Thanks." Marble said, her whole face was now bright red.

Marble looked at the dragon, who was trying to find a comfortable position while not moving his tail much. The most quietest of the Pie Sister, who placed a pillow under his head. Spike turn to say thanks, but was greeted with a peck of a kiss on the lips, that Marble try to aim for his cheek.

Marble eyes, widen, as she quickly ran away from the living room, her face still bright red. While Spike lay there not knowing what just happen, thinking that he couldn't be that bad at kissing, it was his first real kiss on the lips even if it was a tiny peck.

At dinner, he sat next to Pinkie, Marble was avoiding his glaces, Limestone still wearing the necklace he made for her. Didn't speak, but just drank her rock soup, turning to Spike, that evil stare she was giving him, after she noticed how strange Marble was acting at dinner. Maud, was no different, she seem to be staring at Spike a bit during dinner. Pinkie was the only one who he felt comfortable talking to, but was afraid to see how Pinkie would react hearing the youngest of the Pie Sister stole his first kiss.

After dinner, Pinkie took his arm.

"Come Spike, you can share my room. We can cuddle throughout the night." Pinkie said, with a smile.

Spike noticed Limestone's stare, it chilled him to the bones, Spike let out a chuckle.

"I think I'll just sleep on the couch." Spike said, leaving for the living room.

Pinkie looked at Limestone's necklace, the pink party pony gave her oldest sister a confused expression.

"Why are you wearing a necklace, you never liked jewelry?" Pinkie asked, Limestone growled at her.

"It doesn't matter!" Limestone said, slamming the door to her and Marble room. Pinkie gave and shrugged, deciding to set Spike with her sisters the next day.

Author's Note:

Umm.... So this got a lot of attention. Now I'm afraid that I'm going to mess this up, special thanks towards Base Anonymous who been editing this for me. Also, I sat through all six episodes staring Pinkie's sisters to learn more about their characters.

I know about Maud, I think. There was about five for her while Limestone and Marble only got one, the only thing I know about them is one is anger and the other is shy so I might break their characters to fill those chapters.

Two chapters left guys and girls; next up is "Romance Blooms" and if anyone wondering who won the rock race it was Number Two, the rock gave the winnings to his wife who divorced him and making him pay child support two weeks before.