• Published 5th Sep 2017
  • 878 Views, 2 Comments

Shadowbolt Chronicles: Codename Prism - RDDash



Long time ago one little filly would meet the strangest earth pony in a city far far away in the North.

  • ...
6
 2
 878

4: I Just Want to Help


Rainbow Dash was having a fun day first she melted Dalek after Dalek with her plasma disruptor umbrella. All of them tried to fight back, all of them tried to shoot death rays which would then be deflected by the umbrella.

“Exterminate! Exterminate!” Rainbow dodged death rays that whistled by.

“Exterminate this, Bitch!” She pressed the trigger a few times and the Dalek melted almost instantly. “Well, it looks like calling the cavalry wouldn’t need it.”


Meanwhile...


“Well, would you look at that, what a vicious little thing.” Missy pointed out at the former Daleks which are now a green slime on the floor. “To think that she would create such deadly weapon from your old umbrella.”

“Let’s hurry, we don’t have time. She will soon reach the core.”

“Why bother? I never thought you would care about Daleks well being.”

“It’s not about them!”

“Is this ridiculous story again? Don’t tell me it's actually true like some wolves would actually eat you alive!”

“Did I ever told you an embarrassing story where I did get gunned down by local gangsters?” Doctor Who replied with another question sarcastically.


Meanwhile...


“A little bit more! A little bit more!” Sweetie Belle finished the engine burn putting her right on the near collision course towards the local star, engines shut off, pirates chasing the with small thruster adjustments she made it so that the destroyer would just barely escape the collision by a few light milliseconds.Initializing Star Buster Protocol...analysis complete... Local planet zero life forms... Hostile entity detected.... Processing.... Firing Star Buster torpedo. "

Two seconds later a small thin torpedo was torpedo has been fired and zipped towards the center of the star and vanished. Five...Four... Three...Two... One... Primary ignition switch engaged. 30 PSL... 50... 78....89....99.9

At the same time, the local star buckled into itself and exploded consuming the pirate fleet and the planet that orbits it.

“Well that’s settles it, and let’s see where in Tartarus did she went. Sweetie Belle said referring to Rainbow Dash. “Equus?”What is she doing there, and more importantly how? Hm, the emergency warp beacon isn’t activated yet. She better has an excuse for ditching her duties.”

Sweetie Belle plotted the course to the nearest wormhole that would take it to the distance light hours to Equiss home system. And dialed the Jump Drive up to 86%. She already wasted more hydrogen than it was necessary and that means she needs to be less wasteful with it. Four nuclear reactor turbines spin up to the eight hundred thousand RPMs and the Star Destroyer vanished from the visible space.

After five hours of jumping, Star Destroyer excited into visible space once again. Reactors whined and slowed down to the eighty thousand RPMs. Satisfied with the results Sweetie Belle switched to the sunlight engines once again, and with speed of 10 PSL, she entered into the wormhole. Five seconds later the Star Destroyer excited wormhole Sweetie Belle set the speed to the 80 PSL.


Meanwhile back on Equus.


Rainbow Dash started to get physically exhausted plus she started to run out from micro fusion power packs. Making mental calculations she had about a hundred shots left, that wasn’t good. Come on you can do this alone, you don’t need your help. At the same time.

“Are you still going to follow me around?”

“As long as you are willing to accept my help,” replied Doctor.

“Well, I'll make sure that I will use you as a shield if you are offering.”

“Please, just stop being difficult and let me help you!”

“You, help me? Listen, buddy, with all due respect I work alone” Her previous idea didn’t felt that appealing to her anymore, but the combat umbrella had still been useful. So she took a small mirror and pressed a few buttons on the screen, almost instantly her previous outfit had been replaced by her Shadowbolt uniform, a few more button pressing and she completely vanished from the visible spectrum. From what Rainbow could see from the mirror it looks like Sweetie Belle got distracted by the package delivery. Well, that's probably going to take her awhile to get her home. Rainbow Dash checked the power pack, 70% charge. She then dashed towards the wall and waited for the opportunity to strike. Group of three Daleks casually going right through the corridor. Rainbow quickly fired three rounds towards them, like she was expected death rays absorbed by shield panels, and in place of Daleks, there had been three melted husks. “Enough is enough! I’ve had had it with mother bucking trash cans on this mother bucking planet!” The charge on the power pack had been depleted to the 40% charge.

Missy just kept silent, she was very interested how this whole thing would play out. From her point of view, why would she bother interfering? Whoever she was, is practically doing all of the work for them.


Meanwhile, Star Destroyer while in transit.


“First Officer, is there anything new from the base?”

“High Command wishes to congratulate us for such, uh, ruthless tactics,” he replied.

“Excellent! Is there anything else?”

“Oh right the probe failed to circularize the orbit, High Command wants us to deliver the replacement, now it has twice as much of delta V as the previous model. When they tried to build that thing, simulation exploded many times over because of badly designed payload."

"Huh, and I assume that the probe is not made to use ion drive?"

"You are correct Ma'am, the High Command prioritized rapid acceleration in favor of fuel economy. Sometimes the probe only has the five-minute window to finish the job and stabilize itself in an orbit."

Sweetie Belle sighed “As long as we get refueled, it doesn’t really matter.” The basic practice was to launch the probe from shipyards only for another ship to capture it and deliver it to the destination. Star Destroyers had been the most ideal for delivering small payloads.


Meanwhile in a Dalek Command Center.


“What is going on! Report! Report!” said the head Dalek in charge.

“We are losing other Daleks to the equine life form!”

“Impossible! Impossible! We are the superior life forms! Defeat is Impossible!”

“Loses are too great! A retreat is recommended!”

“There will be no retreat! Daleks will win! Daleks will dominate! Daleks are going to be victorious! That's just only one pathetic equine, now just squash it imminently.”
After that the Dalek exited the control room, all other Daleks paused before they all screamed “All hail to Supreme Dalek race!”

Author's Note:

PSL stands for percent of the speed of light. Because of the ridiculous level of autonomy, Sweetie Belle hardly needs a crew, yet she does.

Star Destroyers are capped at 99.9 PSL. Space Battleships are capped at 60 PSL. War Cruisers are capped at 87 PSL. Swarm Drone Carriers are capped at 30 PSL.

Anyway having Daleks in Equestria is a bit ridiculous, how did they manage to get there anyway? Hopefully, we will get to it at some point. Daleks serve as level 1 enemy. There is going to be more target practice for Rainbow Dash to come. At some point there going to be a big surprise.