• Published 5th Sep 2017
  • 878 Views, 2 Comments

Shadowbolt Chronicles: Codename Prism - RDDash



Long time ago one little filly would meet the strangest earth pony in a city far far away in the North.

  • ...
6
 2
 878

10: Dreams of Different Worlds


Capital Wasteland, 20 miles outside of Ponyvile Ruins.


Another day in a Wasteland, and another gang of raiders fallen victim to the bullet of justice. That's right kiddies don't be a raider or you going to end up dead. Who is this mysterious stranger that we need to be thankful for? For all of you who never heard about the mysterious stranger, shame on you, and for those who did, well I am just thankful you are not completely lost cause. So anyway here is the little reminder, the mysterious stranger is well mysterious, nopony knows who she is. All they do know is that she is female, wears a pre-war Stable Tech salespony trenchcoat, a stetson, and usually use a deadly revolver. However, the main difference between the mysterious stranger and our hero is that in our case, ours isn't afraid to use big guns.This being once again yours truly DJPon3 reporting live from Tempony tower once again, our main HQ.


Rainbow Dash smirked at that, recently she did found a corpse of the pre-war stallion, just some bones. The important thing though he did have a trenchcoat and a hate.

"Well look at that, this place is a dumpster trash, even after two hundred years later from the world go boom, and look it's full of obscene gore, geesh somepony an artist." Rainbow kicked a raider corpse.

"Need I remind you that some of those corpses are freshly made by us."

They still live in the dumpster, I mean it's like they don't even care to keep their place clean, something. Hold on I think I am going to vomit."

Rainbow feel sick a little bit. You would think she would get used to pretty much everything by now, but it's not a disgust, it was the smell of rot.

"You do aware that there is a sprite bot have been following us around for about two days now," Matilda had been extremely peeved at that.

"Oh, I do! I've already fried ten of them, for some reason they just keep coming and coming. Whoever it was controlling them is very persistent." Rainbow was quite annoyed at that too.

"Controlling them?"

"Yeah, if you smash one open there is little transmitter inside, those had to be controlled, or it's feeding information to somewhere."

"And you are not worried?"

"Nuh, If I need to say something secretive, there will be another one of those buggers fried."

"What are you doing?"

"What does it look like I am doing. Help me to clean up the place. We are going to stay here for the night."

Rainbow and Matilda went into one of the many houses. They threw the corpses outside. However, this is not enough. Rainbow then took a shovel from somewhere and started to dig graves, she did feel that for some of the corpses its been long overdue, and they deserve a chance for a final rest. Matilda personally understood what Rainbow was trying to do, it's just not many Equestrians would bother. It could be that it was too dangerous to reclaim the territory or let's face it, not that many have resources to do it. Equestrians took care of each other in a harsh, unforgivable wasteland however they can, just not everything was perfect.

"So, like, let me get this straight, back in your home all the native ponies were, how should I say this, they were made of a living crystal?"

"Yep! They were extremely fragile and nopony was really sure what their relationship with the dragonkind was. It was either love or hate relationship."

"Really, is that so? So, then how come pegasi like you ended up so far away to the North, and not only that but called that frozen tundra home?"


"We flew there using wings, that's how it works. I think if I remember correctly my history, the original pegasi settlement first came from Pegasopolis. They call it Frozen North Initiative. Something to do with a sudden ice age, which caught every single one of us with our pants down. And then somepony got a bright idea that we should adapt to it instead of fighting it. Then that's how our fishing diet got, started, it was simply an evolutionary trait that we got from our ancestors."

"Just like that?"

"Just like that," Rainbow agreed. "I don't think that even back then ponies would reserve to eating their own kind, ponies are well, ponies, and there is always an alternative. If this is everything, good night Matilda!" Rainbow offered, and with that, she went to sleep.

"Uh yeah, sure, good night to you too!"

Rainbow Dash had a dream today, she was in the middle of the city made of crystal, it was her city, it was her home. The city was empty, nopony was in it Rainbow looked left, she saw a statue of a wingless dragon. It was so weird to see it, maybe it was some kind of mutation or worse genetic experiment which had been performed on Intelligent species. If that's was the case then this was borderline criminally insane. Rainbow looked right there she saw a plaza, in the center of it she saw a heart made of crystal, it was cracked.

This must be the new thing, she didn't remember it being there, or that castle for that matter. Crystal Empire didn't have a castle, it was extremely weird for it to do so. Yes, the city was a capital of the Nothern Equestria, but it wasn't a monarchy in any shape or form. The only reason because of such misleading name is because, Rainbow would have guessed it, is that citizens wanted a city with a strong and intimidating name, and Empire did sound that way. Rainbow flew straight to the castle. Maybe she will find some clues in the dream. She touched down on the balcony, she then entered inside, so far nopony was there. She went through several corridors and entered into what she assumed into the throne room. Rainbow Dash casually scanned it and her eyes centered on the teenage pony filly, who did have both wings and horn. Rainbow never even heard of such subspecies, but if she would have to guess that pony, might have been really important. However, the pony that has been standing nearby her, Rainbow knew who he was.

"Sombra! What's the hey! What are you doing here!"

"I am afraid he cannot hear you right now."

"What? Why not?" Rainbow Dash had been a bit furious at that, "Who the hell are you? Where is everyone from the city?"

"How should I explain it to you so you would understand. Right now we are in your dream, inside your head, I am a light guardin and he is a dark guardian. We both choose the image representation people you know of."
.
"Oh, this is rich, lady!" Rainbow's anger grew "You think I know you, get real! I never met you!"

"You will! Just not today and certainly not tomorrow."

Rainbow's anger blew the lid off, she took a deep breath. "Oh! Okay then! Listen, I know where this is going so I am going to blow you off! Whatever you are going to say I am not interested!"

"I don't think you understand how this works, you cannot refuse us!"

"Watch me, I just did!"

With that, they both continued bickering back and forth, until a single shout stopped them, "That's enough out of both of you!" Sombra had been glaring at both of them."Either you tell her or I will! Now, what is it going to be?" He waited a minute for dramatic effect. "That what I thought."

"Like my companion previously said, as much It is hard to believe, we are both guardians of this city as well as all of Equestria. Personally, there is a little I really remember from my personal life, it just seems to happen that at some point I ended up in a charge of the city I don't even care about. Suddenly everypony started to blame me for everything. After about twenty years Crystal Empire got cursed by a traveling magician, as the result, it got sunk under the ice for a thousand years. Thousand years later the parents of this brat came and annexed Crystal Empire into the New Equestria as they call it. All it took is a bit of acting and the most dramatic death ever. Ever since that day, this city has been drifting in and out of existence to the moments of Equestrian history where it needs it the most."

"This is all enlightening, believe me, but what any of this has to do with me!"

"Everything!" Sombra coughed "Because of a random chance you have been chosen to fix this mess they call Wasteland. You are called here to make sure it never happens. "

"Are you out of your damn bucking minds!" Rainbow couldn't believe it, no, she refused to believe it. Those spiritual entities or whatever they are wanted her to mess with history itself. "You are aren't you! No wait it's me who is finally going batshit insane, I am only now noticing it."

"I assure you we are quite real, now this is enough for today, rest!"

With that Rainbow Dash woke up in the ruins of some very old house. "Can you agree with me that they are the cutest couple?" Out of the all possible opportunities Discord decided to come back into Rainbow's head at this particular moment. Rainbow groaned she needed a fresh air. "You are doing this again, methinks I am not being welcome here."

"Oh, what gives it away?"

"My charming looks?" Discord laughed at his own joke.

"Listen, just tell me what you want, and just!"

"Well, it would be beneficial for both of us if you would release me from my prison. I even made you a trade, you help me and I help you."

"What does that implies?"

"For example, I can send you back in time to the moment of Great Patriotic War, then it's not really my responsibility of what you do. You can ignore it, live out your life, and then boom there goes the dynamite. Or, well, you could do something about it. You can even take your Doctor friend."

"Do you!" Rainbow felt like she was repeating herself "Do you have any idea how borderline insanely difficult it would be."

"I am the spirit of chaos, my dear friend, everything I do is borderline insane and difficult."

"What has chaos has to do with it, what does the chaos...Guh!" Rainbow shouted angrily.

"Why don't you release me and find out for yourself," with saying that Discord disappeared.


"Wait, damn it!" If what Discord was saying was true then the Doctor Whooves is out there somewhere, but where, also all she needs right now is the sudden shocking news flash, that would really blow the lid of the top. "Oh, what are you looking at." Rainbow yelled at the same exact sprite-bot that's been following them since morning.

*Bzzzz* sprite-bot spat static in reply, his primitive rudimentary ai had been worried that angry mare would attack it like it did it's broken brothers and sisters.

Fuming Rainbow went to sleep and slept until morning without interruptions, next day.

"Are you sure you are alright, you seem to be a little bit off." Matilda has been performing routine weapon check.

"Yeah, I am fine I think."

"So what are we still going to that Crystal Empire place?"

"No! I mean Yes!" Rainbow swallowed. "I don't know, maybe."

"Maybe?"

"I... I feel like I am slowly losing my mind, and..."

"I can see that."

"You can, and what you just stuck with me?"
Thanks
"Sure, I don't really see what a big deal is, half of the loot goes to me, and as a bonus, you are providing me with entertainment."

The duo went outside of what used to be a city and then they continued traveling towards the unknown, onto wherever the road Will take them next. One hundred feet near them the sprite-bot had been busy buzzing the morning radio news broadcast.

Author's Note:

So, chapter length has been increased to 2k, because we can. Maybe even longer, let's see how much I can push it. While I am at it the 2k is a new chapter-length standard for me.

The update schedule kind of slowed down a bit but it should be okay since this story is not really a priority.