• Published 5th Sep 2017
  • 878 Views, 2 Comments

Shadowbolt Chronicles: Codename Prism - RDDash



Long time ago one little filly would meet the strangest earth pony in a city far far away in the North.

  • ...
6
 2
 878

19: All Roads Lead to the Moon

Sweetie Belle had been waiting for AppleBloom to arrive, she thought about it for a second that technically she had been living with her sister, and now that she was left alone with her parents, she thought that she could find some excuse, to sneak away. The plan was to act in a support role, to do whatever it is that going to need to be done.

"Yeah, the plan!" Sweetie kept on waiting, the internal clock slowly counting seconds until the meeting time, until finally the soft tapping noise tapped on the door and then Sweetie Belle saw that it was, in fact, Applebloom who came inside. But there was one filly who was missing, it was Scootaloo, and Sweetie already had an idea of where she could be.

"She ran away, isn't she?" Applebloom and I had been standing in CMC s clubhouse, Scootaloo was the only one who was missing because she vanished after the news that Rainbow Dash got arrested.

"Yes, she was! it would have been better if she didn't!" I quickly heard myself sighing, and then I continued, "The problem is that I am going to be deployed as the support unit for my commanding officer. That means that I am going to wherever Rainbow Dash is going to eventually end up. And now I am forced to look for our friend as well."

"Rainbow Dash is in the prison," I heard Applebloom trying to protest.

Then I shook my own head, to express disapproval, "She wouldn't be for long! I suggest that you come with me if you want?"

My reaction really did surprise my friend because I kind of figured it all out when she said the following,"Why would I want to do that? I need to stay and help Big Mac on the farm, he would be the only one left with Granny Smith."

"Because, one, you are my friend and friends need to stick together, and two I need a living pony to operate the starship at full capacity."

"A starship? What the hey do we need a starship for? Also, I thought... wait I am really confused what do you need me for?"

My intuition told me that I will be better off if I start explaining it, at worst I feared that by trying to explain things, I risked to bore other ponies." Alright, I can explain this, just give me a moment. I don't really know for sure how it's going to help us, but I know one thing, it's better to be safe than sorry.

"When ponies first created me they refused to give the machine a full control, you can imagine that when a smart machine makes a mistake in judgment a situation, a lot of things can get ugly very fast. Having a live crew along with the machine is ensures that machine in question doesn't make a mistake!"

"Aha! So when you are saying that you need a full control?"

"That means I can't operate a starship unless at least somepony who is authorized to be there is present."

"Well okay, I don't really know if it's such a good idea, but fine, I will go!" shrugged off Applebloom.

"Cutie Mark Crusaders Three Little Rascals!" For some reason, I did find it a bit amusing at what I just said, "I am going to wait for you at the gates sometime in the evening."

"Sure!" Applebloom nodded and just went straight to school, and so did I. Tomorrow is going to be the last day of school.


I have been waiting for Applebloom to come to her waiting spot, however, she was more than surprised to see that not only Applebloom that came to the gates but Big Mac was with her as well. "Okay, everything is cool, I think I can still fix that."

"Hey, do you remember how I said that I and Big Mac are the only one left to take care of the farm?"

I feel "Yes, I do remember that. You know because I do have a perfect memory after all!" Sweetie Belle deadpanned.

"Right, well, turns out that Big Mac caught me when I was about to leave, he insisted that if I am going to go where Applejack was eventually going to go then it would be better if he could watch over his little sister!"

I went ahead analyzed the information that was presented in front of me, so Imiidietly, "You didn't want to come completely alone, so you thought that your brother should join you, and as a bonus, you would receive a guardian to look over us"

Applebloom sighed, "Yes! I think we should just go. Our top priority should be able to find Scootalloo right?"

"Um, okay, I guess I don't really have another choice!" Maybe I even could use an adult to my advantage!

All three of them joined up and then exited the city gates, each of them was hoping that they could find Scootaloo as soon as possible.


Twilight Sparkle had been waiting for Pinkie Pie to come back from her errand to scout possible information on where to Rainbow Dash had gone too. Ideally, she already knows that Rainbow would probably want to stay with Gilda, but the problem was that Twilight didn't really know where Gilda was. So Pinkie Pie seemed to be a perfect candidate to scout the information they need it. The only major weakness of Pinkie Pie was giving her money. There is a small chance that Pinkie Pie would just waste it on a sugar overdose, but eventually, she would end up succeeding in the mission and then just come back.

Twilight and the girls had been waiting for Pinkie to comeback in one of the many hotels in the Griffin Empire

"So I went ahead and asked a bunch of griffins if they saw a blue pony with a rainbow mane, calls herself rainbow Dash!"

"And..." Twilight said impatiently

"Maybe you should let the Pinkie finish!"

"Twilight, Rarity, let me just find the piece of paper where I wrote it down." Pinkie Pie had been trying to find it in her mane, eventually, she found it. "So how many more chapters we still have until this story will end. I am betting my bits that we didn't really have that long, to begin with!"

Pinkie wasn't loaded with sugar this time, instead, she made sure to go to the local tavern and getting herself drunk.

"Pinkie Pie, please focus!"

Pinkie'[ eyes focused, "Oh right, sorry Twilight! So anyway they told me that you don't want to bother with her because she will kick your teeth or something. So that's that! I am wasted! and I guess I need to calm myself down!"

"Pinkie Pie are you okay? " Fluttershy gave her a worried look.

"I don't know how to explain it, its like somepony had a party in your head and then made a huge mess at the same time! Its like having a hangover without actually getting drunk!"

twilight raised an eyebrow, "But you are drunk aren't you?"

"Well you may think that, but actually no!" Pinkie Pie trotted toward the stairs and then stopped when Twilight called her over.

"Um, Pinkie Pie?"

"Everything is written on the paper!"

Twilight sighed and glanced at the paper, indeed there it was a small drawing of a pegasus and a griffin that was drawn next to the arrow that's been pointing straight to the moon. "Hey, is this a joke right?"

"Nope!" Twilight heard Pinkie Pie yelling from the second floor.

Author's Note:

It took a lot of time to finally cycle back to this story, and then write the satisfying amount of horse words. And I wasn't quite happy with what I wrote either.

So I decided to just when all else fails to write from the first person point of view, that always works right? So that's why there is a weird 1st person view segment that is buried in there somewhere.