• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 672 Views, 14 Comments

Lost in Her Time of Need: Rise of the Wolf - Okami1197



With Ōkami having gained the full power of his Keyblade, he must now master leading a kingdom and master the power he holds within.

  • ...
4
 14
 672

Lost

Luna was sitting in the throne room of Pevensey Castle. She kept fidgeting in her throne on the account that she was now very obviously pregnant. Suddenly a DTL opened in the middle of the room and she went to stand up but was stopped by one of the guards. Nine of the ten Guardians walked out and right before it closed Midnight walked through with bloodshot eyes, “I see you ten, but where persay is Ōkami?” at the mention of his name Midnight started to cry. Drem stepped forward.

“He forced us to leave him. He said that if he didn’t come home that it was our job to defend the kingdom.” he said with a slight bow.

“Midnight come here.” Luna said in the most caring tone possible. The sobbing mare slowly drug herself to Luna, “Please tell me, who he stayed to fight?”

“It was Zeke. Something happened and he went crazy.” she cried as she held onto Luna.

Suddenly another DTL opened and God walked through it, “Something terrible has happened.”

“Well no shit. Now unless you can be useful leave.” Luna snapped.

“I can. He just has to pass this test. If you find him, in your adventures do not interfere or he will never pass. This will be considered his Mark of Mastery. Quite possibly one of the most interesting ones I have seen. As to why Zeke attacked him. That was not Zeke, at least mentally. It was a being called a Psychopath. Sadly that is all I really know at the moment.” he looked at Luna, “Question did he by any chance join the family of a man named Cript?” Luna and Midnight nodded, “That explains the pregnancy, Just so you know there is a lot of babies in there and you can birth them whenever you want.”

“How do you know that?” Luna asked.

“Because I have been keeping tabs on everyone I brought to this realm. He was not the only one to accept the deal from Cript. I am actually surprised you didn’t know that already. Cript is normally good about that warning. By the way what is his mom?”

“His mom is a Succubus.” Midnight said just loud enough to be heard.

“Ok. So he should be fine so long as everyone on that world does not try to have sex with him.” God said nonchalantly, “I don’t think things are to bad on the world he is on.”

*****

“FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!” I yelled as I ran away from the Fallen Devil Archon. I jumped as the rounds from his massive gun impacted the ground I was standing on.

*****

“So you are saying you have an idea of where Ōkami is but you won’t tell us?” Luna said in a monotone voice.

“Pretty much. This test is crucial to his progression. While he has reached the point of Two Become One’s last wielder, he can grow so much more. But he has to do this on his own. He has to earn the next stage of his power. Yes he got a boost from Cript, but he is far from his full potential.” God looked at Luna and Midnight, both of which had their keyblades out.

“Either show us or face the wrath of a pregnant mare you asshat.” Luna growled.

“No.” before Oblivion could hit him, God stepped into a DTL and was gone.

“I really hate him.” Luna grumbled as she returned her focus to the nine thestrals before her, “You are to each take teams of at least twenty and search for him. The only one who is exempt from this is Midnight. She will be here with me and Runa helping us deal with our pregnancies. Seresutia will be taking her place and you nine will report to her. Do you understand?”

“Yes Mistress. Everyone of them except Midnight responded.

“Do as I said and find him. Do not interfere as the asshat said, but I want to know what world he is on. So that once I am able to, I can go and strangle him myself for being an idiot.”

“Yes, Mistress.” the nine said in unison as they saluted her before leaving the room.

“Midnight, please be a dear and help me to our room. My back is killing me.”

“Ok.” she responded as she helped Luna out of her throne, “Do you think that they will find him?”

“I hope so. but until then we have to keep our country going. Currently we are the only nation capable of fighting the heartless and any other forces of darkness. Since Zeke didn’t distribute Keyblades before he got taken over.” as we talked many thestrals, changelings, and humans looked at us in shock. It seems that the news of Ōkami’s disappearance has traveled fast, “I know that Ōkami didn’t want the changelings joining the Lunar-Key Guard, but at this moment we need all the help we can get. When you have a chance after I am settled, find Crystal and send her to me. You can distribute keyblades and train the changelings. I will handle the humans.”

“As you wish Luna, but what about your pregnancy? You can barely walk.” Midnight asked.

“As God said I can birth them when I want. I will have Runa get the BoS and the Minutemen to construct a nursery for them. One of us has to lead our people through all of this. You have the Guardians to worry about. Neither Runa nor Seresutia like leading. So I will be taking Ōkami’s place until he returns. I will become the face of the United Lunar Republic.”

“You don't need to take this role alone. We can split the role between us.”

“Not going to happen. You, Runa, and Seresutia hold positions among the military side of our country. I will be setting up a Council to take some of the stress off me. While I will need a military councillor it will not be you. Your place is at the front with the troops. That is what our people expect from you.”

“You know I don’t like this right?”

“I figured you wouldn’t. I want you to do something for me though. Something that will be off the books.”

“What is it?” Luna leaned in and whispered something into Midnight’s ear, “Why do you need me to do that?”

“Because, If for some off chance that Ōkami does not return, we need a trump card.”

“I guess but I don’t like it. I hate secrets. You know that.”

“That is another reason why you will not be the face of our country.” Luna stopped and looked at the large double doors before them, “Looks like we are here.” she looked at Midnight, “I can handle it from here. Go and get Chrystal.”

“Alright. I will come see you before I leave the world.” Midnight responded before she walked away.

*****

Midnight wondered outside of the castle grounds looking for the once queen of the changelings. Since joining Ōkami the changelings have changed. They no longer look like monsters. All the holes in their bodies have filled and they now all have regular eyes with round pupils. While they still feed off the emotions of others, they are freely given love. Everyone in the Republic enjoys their company.

Midnight looked at the large number of shacks in front of her, “I guess this is the changeling village.” as she continued into the village many changelings smiled and waved at her. At the center of the village was a single shack that was smaller than the rest. Midnight approached the door and knocked.

“How many times to I need to tell you guys to just wal-” Chrystal stopped when she saw Midnight, “Midnight what do I owe the pleasure of you coming all the way out here? I hope Ōkami is well.”

“That is the problem. Ōkami is missing. Luna has requested that you meet her in our private chambers, and has also sent me to collect any changelings that wish to become Lunar-Key Guards.” Midnight responded. Not giving the once Queen time to answer.

“I will have them meet you on the training field at Pevensey Castle.”

“I shall be on my way then.” Midnight responded before leaving the town, “Now to the human camps.” she muttered as she walked deeper into the Everfree.

The human camps were spread out. The only ‘groups’ that stayed close to each other was the Minutemen and BoS. They also have made the two largest camps. In Between the two camps was a single building. Midnight walked over to it and pushed the door open. Once inside she saw a group of humans standing around a map of Equus, with Runa at the head, “I don’t see why we can’t just go off on our own. Why do we need permission from these horses to do anything?” one of the men in BoS armor asked.

“Because those ponies can do a lot of damage if they so wish. Not only that but it was thinking similar to that, that caused our world to die. You are dismissed. I want your armor and gun at my tent before nightfall. If you don’t comply then you will be marked as a heretic and shot on site. Do I make myself clear?” Runa growled.

Midnight cleared her throat causing everyone to look at her, “Luna has need of your services. It may not be the best of jobs but it is something. Also Ōkami is currently MIA that means she is in charge until otherwise stated.” all the soldiers except for the one who lost his place saluted her, “Runa can I talk to you for a moment?”

“Everyone out.” all the soldiers left.

“We need to watch Luna. Something is not right she is splitting us up. You and her will be the only ones of us that will still be on world. After I train some changelings I will start a secret mission for her. She was going to be the one to come and talk to you about getting things done at the castle, but instead I came so I can tell you these things.” Midnight explained.

“So you are saying that she is going crazy?”
“I think losing Ōkami has done something to her. Once I finish the mission she gave me I will be going look for him myself, and when I find him I will drag him back here to fix this.”

“Alright. Just let me know when you find him. I want to beat some sense into that head of his also. He should not have left to fight whatever you guys went fight without all of us.”

“Runa, you and Luna are pregnant. You can't fight. Me and Seresutia are the only ones who can right now and I don’t even know where she is.”