• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 666 Views, 14 Comments

Lost in Her Time of Need: Rise of the Wolf - Okami1197



With Ōkami having gained the full power of his Keyblade, he must now master leading a kingdom and master the power he holds within.

  • ...
4
 14
 666

The Darkness Within

Luna slowly walked through the castle. Watching every shadow move as she did. Since She sent the Guardians and Seresutia off to look for Ōkami, the ponies around the castle started to stay clear of her. Almost like she was hated. The only person who she dealt with anymore was Runa, and even that was strictly business. To say she was angry was an understatement. A shadow appeared in front of her and stood there, “How did you get here?” she asked not caring if it could understand her or not. It quickly scurried down the hall, “Wait for me!” Luna called out as she followed the shadow. As she ran after the shadow she did not notice the world around her shift and change entirely. When she finally stopped to look around, instead of the castle corridors she was running in, she now stood in a large field of heartless, but not one of them moved to attack her.

“They want to follow you.” a man in a black coat said as he approached Luna, “Just as the nobodies follow me to an extent.”

“Who are you?!” Luna demanded.

“My name is Exulk. I normally try to stay away from people who deal with _____ in any way, but with him missing I see no reason to stay away. How would you say, the sheep play while the wolf is away?” he asked tapping his chin under his coats hood, “No matter. I have come to say that in two weeks time your world will either become a graveyard or a world of true peace under a single leader.”

“What do you mean?” Luna asked.

“I’m sorry but that is all I am allowed to say. My master would have my head if I said any more.”

“Who is your Master?”

“Let's just say that he don't like your lover or any of the ones who call themselves warriors of light. Oh and loverboy is on the world that is an experiment for the Master from before the break.” a DTD, “Have fun.”

Suddenly everything went black and Luna found herself in her bedchambers. Runa looked at her from the bed, “Is everything alright Luna?”

“No. We need to mobilize everyone and lock the world down. We have two weeks before something happens.”

“I guess our short break is over then?” Runa asked playfully.

“Sadly yes. Now go load up the vertibirds and get our people in their emergency locations.”

“What are you going to do?”

“Get help.” Luna replied darkly causing Runa to look at her weird.

“I'll be going get started then.” Runa walked out the room slowly. Once she was out the room Luna turned off the light and started to focus.

“If you wish to follow me then now is the time. I need your help with defending this world.” as she finished that sentence her eyes started to shift and her normally circle pupils were now slits.

*****

Runa ran through the halls of Pevensey Castle calling all thestral guards to the courtyard furthest from her room, “Mistress Runa why have you called us here?”

“Something is wrong with Luna. I don't know what it is but I fear she is going down a dark path, and I want everyone ready to move on a moments notice. I will be going gather the changelings and the rest of the humans then we are going to Canterlot.” Runa looked at the gathered thestrals and saw the lone white mane sticking out of the crowd, “Moonlit Lilly,”

“Yes?” the mare in question responded.

“I want you to fly to Canterlot and warn Celestia and tell her what we are doing. And if anyone tries to stop you, you have full permission to incapacitate them. Just no killing.”

“Yes Mistress.” the white maned thestral took to the air and flew away.

“Now the rest of you,” Runa started, “Get moving.” she ordered. As the thestrals began moving about getting things together, Runa ran into the woods towards the changeling encampment. Before she got close to the camp Crystal landed in front of her, “Crystal, something's wrong with Luna. I fear she fell to the darkness in her heart. We are moving everyone to Canterlot. Get your changelings ready to move.” before Crystal could respond, Runa ran back into the forest towards the human camps. Once she got close she yelled, “Get the Prydwen ready for departure. All civilians are to go to their emergency locations and board their vertibirds!” she got salutes as she ran through the camp towards her tent. Once she got to her tent she quickly grabbed some fusion cores and jumped into her power armor.

“Elder why are we leaving?” Danse asked from the door to Runa’s tent.

“Luna. Something has changed in her, and I think that there will be something bad happening involving her. So the thestrals, changelings, and us are getting to Canterlot to ride out the storm.”

“But why run? Shouldn't we stop her from hurting herself or any of the people on this world?”

“That is the problem. None of us can help her. The only person who can is missing and shows no sign of showing up any time soon. Now if that is all, I have to get to Canterlot to have a chat with Celestia on what we should do.” Runa responded as she pushed her way past Danse and walked over to a landed vertibird and climbed in, “I have a bad feeling about all of this.”

*****

Luna looked out her balcony and watched as everyone in the Lunar Republic began to move, “This is perfect.” she grinned as heartless began appearing behind her, “I want you to secure this forest and make sure that there is nothing trying to stop us.” all the heartless vanished and she started to laugh as thunder cracked in the background, “It is good to be back.”

*****

“Get word out that everyone need to leave the forest now!” Runa yelled as she saw numerous neoshadows and soldiers run through the forest. She looked up from the forest and saw a couple vertibirds get smacked out the air by some darksides, “I need you to deliver the message to Celestia.” she said to the pilot, “I am not leaving anyone to the mercy of those creatures.” Runa jumped out of her vertibird and slammed into the ground creating a shockwave. She looked towards the rising smoke in the distance and started running through the woods. As she came up on a group of heartless that cornered a child she summoned her keyblade, Metal Chocobo. Cutting down the heartless quickly she opened a DTL, “This will take you out the forest and to a town called Ponyville. Find Twilight and tell her that the moon has been consumed. She will know what it means.” the child nodded quickly and ran through the portal. Continuing towards the smoke, Runa saw the heartless swarming the crash site. But what made her stop was the group of changelings surrounding the wreck fending off the dark creatures as her people climbed out the vertibird. As Runa continued to approach the group and invisible spawn from the shadows and threw the changelings to the side. Runa used her jetpack and flew towards the powerful heartless and knocked it away giving the changelings time to get back on their hooves. Runa opened another DTL, “Go in. Twilight Sparkle should be waiting for more refugees to go through. She will help you to Canterlot.” she order to the humans. None of them argued as they ran into the portal.

“Commander Runa. We will help you sweep the forest for the others. Crystal is still here picking up the stragglers. We will not leave till she is out.” one of the changelings said as he resummonded Sleeping Lion.

“Very well. You just better keep up.” Runa quickly exited her armor, “Run!” she yelled. The changelings quickly followed her. One of them looked back as her armor started to glow and exploded taking out all heartless in the area.Once they reached the next crash site, the group saw Crystal holding up a shield that held the crews of the last two vertibirds. The strain from keeping the heartless out was visible as the group approached taking out heartless as they got closer, “Crystal are you alright?” the changeling shook her head before she collapsed. Quickly Runa opened a DTL, “Get her out of here!” she ordered. All the humans and changelings left except for the one with Sleeping Lion, “I said leave.”

“I will not leave while there is work to be done.”

“Fine. But we will not be leaving the same way everyone else did. We need to get Zecora out.”

*****

The changelings exited the portal carrying Crystal, and Twilight runs up to them, “Is that everypony?”

“No. Runa and one of our own are still in there. I think they might be going get Zecora before they leave.” the mare at the head of the changeling group responded.

“This is not good. I was worried when I saw all those flying things going to Canterlot but when that little kid delivered Runa’s message I realized how bad it is. Where is Ōkami?”

“You didn’t hear? He is missing right now. The Guardians and Seresutia are all looking for him right now.”

“That could complicate things. From what I could get from Princess Celestia, losing him is what put her off the deepend a thousand years ago.” Twilight looks past the changelings towards the forest, and slowly starts to back up. The changelings looked and they all summoned their keyblades.

“Get Crystal to safety.” the mare said as she passed Crystal to Twilight. “Alright.” she started as she moved towards the approaching darkside and neoshadows, “We cannot allow these heartless the ability to leave the forest.” the others agreed and they all charged the heartless.