• Published 9th Dec 2017
  • 667 Views, 14 Comments

Lost in Her Time of Need: Rise of the Wolf - Okami1197



With Ōkami having gained the full power of his Keyblade, he must now master leading a kingdom and master the power he holds within.

  • ...
4
 14
 667

The climb

Author's Note:

Well here it is. The next chapter is finally out after a heck of a case of writers block.

On another note, here's the link to the discord group.
https://discord.gg/SQ2GBru

All of us Mian keybladers hope to hear from you guys.

Nightmare stomped around the throne room cracking the once pristine marble floor, "That buffoon." she snarled before a DTD opened and Exulk walked out, " What do you want?" She spat at the cloaked man.

"What I want is of no importance to you, but seeing as the council closed its doors on me I may as well stay here and help you win this fight. After all, heartless are but only a half of the power we have at our disposal." He finished as a couple dusks appeared behind him.

*****

I sat in the chair next to Luna's bed in the infirmary, "I wish I would have made it back sooner."

"Ōkami," I turned and saw Sarah standing in the doorway, "You did what you could. It is my fault for being selfish. You would have made it back a good while before everything went downhill if it wasn't for me."

"Yeah, but then you would have been left struggling to help your world. I am thankful for that. I'm glad I met you and the others."

"Ōkami…" Luna said slowly as her eyes eased open, "Ōkami is that you?"

I smiled, "Yes it's me. I'm back." before I could react, she pulled me into her as she started to cry.

"I hurt so many. So many of our people fell to me alone not to mention the heartless."

"That was not you. That was Nightmare, and trust me she won't be hurting others for much longer."

"How could she be hurting others still if I'm not under her control?"

"I split you from her so I didn't have to hold back anymore. I couldn't risk hurting you."

She pulled her head back and smiled at me with tears still trailing down her cheeks, "You dumb lovable idiot, what would have happened if you couldn't have separated us?"

"I would have delved into your heart and helped you regain control."

Luna gave me a kiss on the cheek before she laid back down, "Go finish the fight. I will be here waiting for you." she said with a smile.

"I will be back then. Our people need me." I stood up and started walking out of the room. I stopped at the door and looked at Luna, "Love you. See you again soon."

*****

I looked over the hangar while humans, ponies, and changelings alike ran back and forth loading transports with supplies, "Clara what is our ETA to Canterlot?"

"I am expecting us to be within firing range within the next ten minutes." Clara responded.

"Good, patch me through to the ship's intercom."

"Your good to go."

"Attention all personnel, this is Ōkami, and if you don't know already, I am the reason you are all here. Some of you don't understand the importance of this world while others do. In approximately nine minutes we will be within combat range of the mountain city Canterlot. Our mission is to secure the city and push the forces of darkness back and off of this world so that it can be home for all of us. I know that some of you have grown used to fighting for the survival of your people," I looked at the speaker and the nearby guardians, "And others have not had a home to call their own in some time," I looked at Kira and the other pilots from the Archangel, "But the one thing we all share is the opportunity for us to not only live in peace, but to have a home that we can call our own. A home that welcomes all, humans, ponies, changelings, and even half breeds like me. This world represents the very meaning of harmony and I will not see it fall today, or ever so long as I can breathe I will fight to preserve this beautiful world and all others like it. But before we can help others we need to start here. We have already pushed the darkness back once, now let's do it once more and rid this world of its influence." cheers reverberated throughout the ship as I finished my speech.

"Five minutes out Captain." Clara said.

"Everyone to your stations. We are five minutes out." I said before walking to a nearby gravity lift and went down to the ground level of the hangar. I made my way over to the wolf gundam and my jumpship, "Clara have Sarah meet me here, I have special orders for her."

"Yes sir." she replied.

I didn't have to wait long before Sarah came running towards me, "You wanted to see me?"

"Yeah, I want you to take the Wolf Gundam and lead the ground assault. I will be heading the fighters and transports."

"What about your girls and brother?"

"Seresutia and Celestia will be riding with me, because once we break through and the transports can start dropping the infantry in the city, we are going for the castle. Midnight and Runa will be heading their respective forces, and Jessica will be with her fireteam."

"And Finik?"

"Finik will be staying on the ship. Clara will watch him until this is over."

"We are now within combat range." Clara said.

"Put us on full alert. I want everyone ready to launch on my mark." I ordered as I climbed onto my jumpship.

Seresutia and Celestia both came running towards us, "Clara said we are riding with you?" Seresutia asked once they were close.

"Yeah. Go ahead and climb in the back. We will be moving as soon as your ready."

"Alright, just don't do anything stupid while we are back there." Seresutia said before her and Celestia got into their seats.

I nodded to Sarah as she walked over to the Wolf Gundam and climbed in the cockpit. Once she was inside I climbed into my seat and started up the thrusters on my ship, "Time to fly." I said with a smirk.

I eased the throttle forward. The ship slowly moved forward picking up speed as I headed toward the hangar door. Once I passed the threshold of the hangar and flew into the open night sky. I turned the nose of my ship towards Canterlot, "Alright." I spoke over the radio, "it's time to wake them up." I slammed the throttle forward and the ship rocketed towards Canterlot. Before we got close to the city flying heartless and nobodies appeared and started attacking me and the other jumpships. Lining up with a group of heartless I let loose a spray of machine gun fire destroying the group, but before I could find another target warnings flashed across my console and I quickly pulled up and rolled my ship as the missiles tried to follow me but they collided with one another. I pulled my throttle back and let gravity take hold as the ship flipped into a nose dive towards the castle.

"Ōkami, what the hell are you doing up here?" Seresutia asked as she climbed into the cockpit from the back.

"Oh you know," I rolled the ship to dodge more missiles, "Just keeping us alive. Hold on to something." she quickly strapped herself into the chair behind mine as I killed the thrusters and spun the ship before slamming them back on and flying straight at a large group of nobodies that were heading towards the Archangel.

"Ramius, you have a large group of nobodies moving in on you port side."

"I see them." The front of the Archangel opened and two gundams launched out, and flew towards the approaching foes, "Kira and Shin got these guys. Get to that castle and end this."

"Alright." I switched channels on the radio as I change our course to the castle, "Sarah how goes things on the ground?"

"There is a lot of Darksides down here but nothing me and the other mobile suites can't handle. The ground transports are getting hell from a group of invisibles and large bodies."

"Just keep those Darksides focused on y'all. I'll help the transports." I switched the channel again.

"Focus on the invisibles. They are the ones who can dish out all the damage. The large bodies will just take anything you throw at them, unless you hit their backs." Runa called through the radio.

"Runa which transports have the most heat on them?" I asked.

"Transports one through eight are swamped with large bodies making it difficult for them to push forward."

"Roger that. Airstrike inbound." I flew lower to the ground and started dropping bombs into groups of large bodies making them disappear. I pulled up and lined myself up for another run on the other side of the transports, but as I was about to start dropping bombs, a beam of darkness shot from the castle and destroyed the entire left side of my ship, "Hold on!" I called out to Celestia and Seresutia as we fell from the sky and slammed into the ground creating a crater, "Is everyone alright?" I asked.

"I've been better." Seresutia responded, "Celestia you okay back there?" we both looked back into the spoke filled section of the ship and saw a golden light among the dust.

"I never thought I'd have to use a shield for a crash landing in a metal box." Celestia said with a smile as she blasted the remains of the cockpit window from above us, "So I guess we move on hoof now right?"

I smiled and pulled a silver cylinder out of one of my pockets and threw it a little ways away from the remains of my ship. The cylinder started to flash blue before something large slammed into the ground, "I would never ask two ladies to travel through a battlefield without it being in style." as the dust settled around the impact zone the Black Winged Gundam was revealed.

"What about you?" Seresutia asked.

"My ride is on it's way." I smirked as the Wolf Gundam approached.

"You called Ōkami?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah. Me and the girls need to get into that city. But the problem is that we need a lift over there. The ladies have their ride, think there is room up there for both of us?"

"I don't see why not." she responded as she opened the cockpit to let me in. I focused on Whole as One's creation ability and made a second seat for Sarah to sit in while I controlled the Gundam.

"Seresutia can you go see about cleaning up the mess by the mobile suites while I go and help the transports?"

"Sounds fun. See you in a few." She responded making her Gundam blow a kiss in my direction. I smiled and gave her a salute before heading back towards the transports.

A few Darksides appeared before us. Summoning Whole as One I threw it in a strike raid destroying one of them. I called One back to me as I jumped over another and slashed it's back destroying it. Focusing I drew out the darkness within me, " Midnight Hunt!" large metallic wolves of darkness raced towards the remaining Darksides and the heartless surrounding the transports, destroying them all, "Runa, push forward I just gave you an opening."

"Roger." she responded, "You heard the man move up." she ordered the drivers.

*****

Luna and Finik watched the fight from the CSO's bridge, "Finik has your brother always been this headstrong?"

Finik looked at the dark alicorn in thought, "Only when something or someone he cares about is affected. And with him essentially being this worlds guardian for lack of a better word it makes sense. Back home the only two things that would get him like this was me and Seresutia."

"I thought that might be how he prioritized things." she looked at the screen and saw that Ōkami and the others made it to the base of the mountain, "They are getting close."

"I wish I could be down there helping him. I hate being stuck on the sidelines." the little black and white wolf puppy nudged his leg and whined, "And I guess you want to help also Fenrir." Fenrir barked happily at Fenik. When Finik looked back at Luna only to see her face full of worry and shock. Finik followed her gaze and saw what the problem was. Ōkami and the other were completely surrounded. The transports empty and abandoned because of the trail being to small for them.

"Fenik. Listen to Clara. I have to go. I can't let my people be cornered and turned into a target for Nightmare Moon." Luna said as she started walking out of the bridge.

*****

Me and Seresutia worked to keep the larger heartless back as our fighters tried to work their way up the mountain through the seemingly endless waves of heartless and nobodies, "This isn't good. There are too many of them for us to keep this up." Seresutia said as she got ready to attack the closest darkside.

"It wouldn't be so bad if we could just get a little space." I responded.

"Seresutia do you think that you could get me on the ground with the others?" Celestia asked, her voice coming through the coms.

"I could but our window will be short."

"Just get me into the most dense crowd of enemies." Celestia said before Seresutia's gundam moved into the mass of heartless and nobodies, and a white blurred shot from the Gundam's chest. Seresutia jumped back as beam of pure darkness blasted the spot she was standing in previously.

"Watch out for more of those beams. Nightmare will do anything she can to keep us out." I called over the main com channel. I spun and brought One up to block a whitish gray beam, "Dodge those also. I don't know who is using those but it is definitely another big hitter."

A dark blur flew past me and landed next to Celestia before a bright flash encompassed the area. When it faded it revealed a black alicorn with a black billowing mane and tail that was outlined in a dark red. The alicorn's cutie mark was an eclipse. In it's magic it held both Oblivion and Oath Keeper, "Ōkami," it said in a voice that sounded like both Celestia and Luna talking at the same time, "You need to clear a path forward. We can keep them off your back."

As I went to do just what they said something clicked inside me as my Gundam shifted into a giant wolf. Once the change was completed, tore through the battlefield tearing up group after group of heartless and nobodies. My troops followed me through the hole I made and we slowly began to push forward once more. Warnings started to flash all across my control console, I looked up to see a beam of darkness and what I assume is nothingness flying straight for me. But before it hit Seresutia blocked it from above. Her Gundam looked different also, instead of two black wings she had one, and instead of her keyblade she held an oversized katana. I shifted my focus back on clearing a path only to realize that we were at the gates for the city.

Comments ( 4 )

hope you pick this back up again. favoriting and liking!

10305834
I'm trying. Its just a little hard to find time to write and when I do my mind just goes blank

10306023
That's totally fine take your time to make it as best you can. Just wanted to let you know I enjoyed the story. Didn't want to make you feel rushed to push a new chapter out.

11045239
I'm working on it. Just having a bit of an issue getting the flow right.

Login or register to comment