• Published 23rd Aug 2017
  • 572 Views, 4 Comments

World of Unowns - FandomPlays1234



When a distortion appears in 28 worlds, three ponies and a dragon are summoned to stop negativity in it's tracks

  • ...
 4
 572

Chapter 2: Twilight's Bone Rattling Encounter

Twilight continued down the dark path of the world she had been sent to an hour earlier. She had remembered what Dialga had told her before he sent her here.

"If you wish to reunite with your loved ones this is the only way" said Dialga.

"You said I had to befriend at least one member in each of these worlds," said Twilight. "How do I know which individual is the right one?"

"Each of these heroes are to be chosen by the Unown who currently resides there," said Dialga.

Still confused on how the one eyed letter would choose the legendary warriors, Twilight continued her search on the current resistance camp that was supposedly set up somewhere in this alien world. "I hope Dialga knows what he his doing," said Twilight. Looking at the map she was given by Dialga she continued looking for the small village near the castle. In fact she had been so focused on her map she didn't even notice the gateway leading into village before a guard stopped her.

"Halt who goes there?" the guard called out. Twilight looked up to see two small creatures holding spears. Although they may have been guards they were still small compared to Twilight and since their heads looked like giant Mushrooms with eyes it didn't make them look any less threatening.

"Um I'm looking for a certain resistance camp," said Twilight.

"Name," one of guards ordered.

"Twilight Sparkle," Twilight answered.

"Never heard of it," said the guard. "Where you from Mrs. Sparkle?"

"Equestria," Twilight answered.

"Never heard of that either," said the guard.

"I was sent here on a mission but a certain deity," said Twilight.

"Uh-huh," said the guard. "What business do you have for the resistance camp?" asked the guard.

This Twilight didn't know how to answer without making it sound awkward,"Um I'm looking for a legendary warrior," said Twilight.

"Oh you mean Master Mario?" asked the guard.

"Master who?" asked Twilight. She had never heard of anypony named Mario. Did Dialga really know what he was doing.

"Oh right you were from a different world," said the guard.

Suddenly Twilight heard the sound of footsteps approaching the guards followed by a voice,"Hey guard has my bro returned yet?" Twilight looked up to see a tall figure wearing blue overalls with a green T-shirt underneath. He had green hat with an L on the center and the mustache that sat under his big nose made him look easily recognizable. The figure noticed Twilight and looked up. "Oh um,"

"Master Luigi," said one of the guards.

"Guards who is this?" asked the man named Luigi.

"Uh someone named Twilight Sparkle," answered the guard. "She claims to have come from another world looking for a legendary warrior,"

"Does she mean Mario?" asked Luigi.

"I have no clue," answered the guard. "I highly suggest you take her to see Peach,"

Luigi let out a sigh as he turned towards Twilight forcing a smile,"Well Mrs. Sparkle this way," he said. Twilight confused decided not to take any chances and followed Luigi. As Twilight followed Luigi down the path through the village she noticed that almost everyone she saw was armed. They later came up to a series of green tents and entered the first one they came across. Luigi stopped before calling in,"Princess we have a visitor,"

"Let her in," responded a female's voice. Luigi opened the tent for Twilight so she could walk in. Twilight hesitated at first but summoned the courage to go in. Inside she noticed a woman in her mid twenties or thirties sitting on a throne with two guards by her side. "Welcome," she said. "Make yourself comfortable,"

"Um thanks your highness," said Twilight sitting down on the ground.

"So what brings you here today visitor?" asked the princess. Twilight took a deep breath as she explained who she was, why she was there, and her quest. At one point through her explanation two more figures other than Luigi stepped in and joined in. Once she was done the princess nodded,"I'm sorry to hear that," "I'm Princess Peach," said the princess. "As you can see our world the Mushroom Kingdom has been overrun by this negative energy you spoke of," "If there is truly a way to fix this then please by all means help us," She looked up and pointed to the man next to Luigi,"That's Mario right there," said Peach. "If your looking for a legendary warrior he should be it,"

Twilight turned around as Mario reached out with his hand,"Nice to meet you," he said. Twilight took his hand and shook it.

"I appreciate you giving me the name princess but you see as I've just said Unown is the one who chooses the legendary warrior," said Twilight.

"Ah yes that's right," said Peach. "Well I suggest you go look for this Unown,"

"Do you have any clue to where it might be?" asked Twilight.

"You say it's responsible for causing this mess right?" asked Peach. Twilight nodded. "Then I suppose it's important to the culprit responsible for this," "Check the castle it was swarming with enemy guards," said Peach. "If this Unown is important then it's most likely being heavily guarded by the enemy,"

"Right thanks for your cooperation princess," said Twilight.

"Please just call me Peach," "Oh and one more thing," She snapped her fingers and the third figure, a skeletal turtle with blue eyes holding a large bone stepped up. "This is Bone Shell the Dry Bones," said Peach. "He is our top guard and has a lot of knowledge in the combat system," "Take him and the Mario Bros. they should be able to help you,"

"Thank you Peach," said Twilight bowing.

"It's my pleasure," said Peach. "Now go," Twilight nodded as she left the tent with Bone Shell and the brothers following behind. "Hopefully they'll be ok," said Peach.


The four continued sneaking past guards as they walked through the enemy infested castle.

"So do you have any idea of what this Unown looks like?" asked Bone Shell.

"Yes the question is where they're keeping it," said Twilight.

"Hey how about we check in there," said Luigi pointing to a pair of doors heavily guarded.

"Peach's throne room?" asked Mario.

"Well it's being protected by a lot of guards so I thought maybe they're hiding the Unown in there," said Luigi.

"Good thinking Luigi," said Twilight.

"Ok how do we get in there?" asked Mario.

"Leave that to me," said Bone Shell. He raised his large bone at an angle and threw it striking each of the guards on the head and knocking them unconscious, after a full turn the bone came flying back at him like a boomerang. "There done," said Bone Shell.

"How did you do that?' asked Twilight in awe.

"Bone-a-rang," answered Bone Shell. "Now come on we can't be wasting time," said Bone Shell rushing ahead.

"That's Bone Shell for ya," said Mario running after him followed by Luigi and finally Twilight.


"Ay bro I'm bored,"

"Chill Yami surely somebody would come for it,"

"But Kuro it's been like three hours since we took over this castle,"

Twilight could hear to figures talking with one another in the throne room as she approached the pair of doors.

"Ready?" asked Bone Shell. Everyone nodded their heads. "Ok then lets go," said Bone Shell kicking down the door.

"What the hell?" asked Kuro. Twilight rushed in first followed by the bros. and Bone Shell. "Oh lookie here Yami I told you someone would come," said Kuro turning to his brother.

"Yay finally some action," said Yami jumping up and down.

"Well, well some uninvited guests huh," said Kuro. "Who do you think you are barging into my throne room like that?"

"I'm Twilight Sparkle here to take back that Unown," Twilight beamed.

Kuro grunted,"Someone actually came for the stupid thing?" "I was only joking,"

"Keep the jokes for yourself buddy," growled Mario. "Who are you to attack us like that anyway?"

The two stood up and puffed out their chest,"I'll tell you," "I'm Kuro and this is my lil brother Yami," announced Kuro. "We're two of the top soldiers in the Shadow Force Army," said Kuro.

"And the toughest," added Yami.

"You won't be after this," said Luigi lunging at the the two.

But Kuro quickly dodged his attack punched him in the face and kicked him back towards the group,"Nice try green stache," Kuro laughed. But Kuro was too busy laughing he didn't take notice of Mario who pounded him in the face and threw towards Bone Shell who pummeled him with his bone.

"Who's laughing now," asked Bone Shell pinning Kuro to the ground with his bone. Suddenly Yami came out of nowhere punching Bone Shell knocking him back. Twilight glared as she charged up magic with her horn and launched a blast at the two. Yami quickly picked up his brother and threw him in the air allowing himself to be struck by the blast. Yami yelped causing him to drop a small glass case with something contained inside. The case rolled over to Twilight and came to a stop by her hoof.

Looking inside she could see a small black creature in the form of an A with a single eye in the middle,"Found it!" she said picking up the case. Suddenly the Unown inside began to go crazy causing Twilight to drop the case on the ground and break it. The Unown glared at Twilight with it's menacing red eye forcing Twilight to step back. "Whoa hey there buddy," said Twilight with a nervous look. The Unown lunged at Twilight but before it could strike her Bone Shell came up and struck the Unown with a barrage of his bone attacks. Finally pinning the Unown down on the ground with his bone he looked back at Twilight.

"This guy is crazy what's wrong with him?" asked Bone Shell.

"It's corrupted by some sort of negative energy," answered Twilight.

"Bah Kuro they got the Unown!" screamed Yami.

"Well stop them!" Kuro ordered.

"We'll hold them off," said Mario lunging at the two with Luigi.

"How do we fix this?" asked Bone Shell.

"I don't know," said Twilight. "Try knocking it out,"

"Alright," said Bone Shell removing his bone. The corrupted Unown glared at the two and lunged. Bone Shell pulled back his bone and swung it as hard as he can striking the Unown causing it to yelp and fall onto the ground. Suddenly a burst of black energy erupted from the Unown. The black energy collected together into one big mass before exploding into sparkles. The Unown slowly got up and blinked. The Unown seemed to have returned to normal.

"Where am I?" it squeaked.

"Wait you can talk?" asked Twilight. The Unown nodded.

Kuro and Yami both seemed to have noticed because the two freaked out and began to panic,"Bro the Unown is back to normal," said Yami.

"What!?" asked Kuro.

"That's right it's over you two," said Twilight.

"This isn't over you hear!?" screamed Kuro running out of the room with Yami following behind.

Mario wiped a bead of sweat off his forehead,"So what now?"

"We should go report to Peach about this," said Twilight running out. Bone Shell followed with the brothers behind him.


"So you managed to free the corrupted Unown?' asked Peach. The four of them nodded. "I guess that explains why all the black energy vanished from this area," "I must say we owe you one Twilight,"

"Just doing what I was asked to do," said Twilight.

"So has Unown chosen this legendary warrior yet?" asked Peach. Suddenly Unown appeared from behind Twilight and over to Peach's side. It turned around and looked at Mario, Luigi, and Bone Shell. There was a slight moment of silence before Unown nodded and hovered over Bone Shell's head. Both the brothers and Peach were surprised to see Unown choose Bone Shell.

"Me?" asked Bone Shell. Unown nodded. "Well I guess that's that," said Bone Shell.

"Are you sure about this?" asked Peach. Unown nodded. "Well if that's who you would consider a legendary warrior then I guess I won't judge,"

"So I guess I'm coming with you now?" Bone Shell asked Twilight. Twilight nodded. "Alright then,"

"I think I'll stay here," said Unown. "I like it here,"

Suddenly Dialga's voice echoed throughout the tent,"Well done Twilight Sparkle you've found your first legendary warrior," "When you are ready I will bring you two back,"

Bone Shell looked at Twilight and nodded,"Well I thank you for your time Peach," said Twilight.

"Be careful out there," said Peach. Twilight nodded. the two of them said their farewells with the Peach, Unown, and the bros. before they stepped into the portal Dialga had summoned for them.

Author's Note:

Woo chapter 2 done. Man that was a long one. But hey Twilight found her first warrior only six more to go. This chapter also first introduced the main antagonists of this story. The Shadow Force. So question of the chapter. Kuro and Yami are actually both Japanese. What do you think they mean. Try and guess without having to look anything up.