• Published 17th Aug 2017
  • 1,988 Views, 40 Comments

A Perfect World I Almost Ruined - Metatoda42



When Bruce Gunderson stepped into the Land of Equestria, one question remains. Will he bring peace or destruction? As a human, it is within his nature to bring the latter.

  • ...
12
 40
 1,988

Chapter Five: The Cutie Mark Crusaders Operation Infinity!!!

Author's Note:

My god, I tried real hard to see Scootaloo as a filly but NOPE!!! She's a Colt in my eyes.
Don't worry I didn't change her gender or anything, but I might accidentally refer her as he or him.

On a side note, this chapter explores Bruce's Manipulative and Devious yet Caring and Loving personality.

With the Cutie Mark Crusaders!!! (Cause they're just so adorable and I love them)

Also, I want to make a fun lighthearted little chapter before another dramatic ones. Because the next chapter took place in The Last Roundup Episode.

Bruce stood in front of the trio of young fillies. "Congratulations Cutie Mark Crusaders, you have earned my attention." He took out three small badges from his pocket. The badges are black and white spiraling shape with a symbol of infinity on top of it. "This is the badge of infinity, I created it to represent the Cutie Mark of all mankind."

"But we're all fillies! Not human." Applebloom pointed out.

The human smirked and gave them the badges. "Tell you what girls, being blank flanks might be the most joyous moment of your entire life. For you, the possibilities are endless. You have the potential to become anypony you wanted to become." He explained.

"I wanna be like Rainbow Dash!" Scootaloo exclaimed.

"I wanted to be like Rarity!" Sweetie Bell said.

"And am gonna be like my sister!" Applebloom said.

Bruce crouched down to their level. "But, you can all be much more. You three have the potential to become the most powerful ponies that has ever existed." He looked at each one of them. "That badge in your hand is the symbol of infinity; endless, limitless, unlimited. If you have that Cutie Mark, you can have the cutie mark of all ponies that has ever existed and the talents that comes with them."

Applebloom narrowed her eyes. "But I don' wanna have more than one Cutie Mark! It's horrible and scary!" She exclaimed, remembering the time when she was infected with the Cutie Pox Disease.

Bruce smiled comfortingly. "The difference between the Cutie Pox and the Cutie Mark of Infinity is that you can easily control it. Plus, you will have to earn each Cutie Mark before you can use its power." He explained. 'or steal them' he added as an afterthought.

"So, what do you say? Are we in?" He asked them.

"We're in! Operation Cutie Mark Crusaders of Infinity is on!" They all exclaimed.

The human let out a chuckle at their childishness. "Great! Now go CMC! I'll see you later today in your Clubhouse." He said before walking back to his cabin.

They all nodded before walking together towards the Sweet Apple Acres. "I can feel it everypony! Today we're gonna earn our Cutie Mark!" Applebloom exclaimed in excitement.

'Bzzt' Twilight Sparkle teleported beside Bruce after the CMC disappeared into the distance. "Please tell me you are not doing what I think you're doing..." She said in a mixture of fear and disbelief.

"Yep! They are going to be my proudest student. You know, like you and Princess Celestia." Bruce replied simply. "Besides, they're just so adorable!" He added.

Twilight shook her head. "I certainly hope you know what you're doing..." She muttered to herself. "What would Princess Celestia say about this anyway?"

Bruce's expression turned flat in a matter of seconds. "She wouldn't agree with this and I don't give a damn." He replied darkly.

The Unicorn raised an eyebrow in confusion. "Whoa, hold on there Bruce, what's going on between you and Princess Celestia?" She asked him.

Bruce looked down. "We fought about something... I really don't wanna talk about it." He replied. "Don't you have a better thing to do?" He added.

Twilight nodded. "Yes I do, and I hope that you and Princess Celestia can get over whatever it is you're fighting about." She replied.


A few hours later...

Bruce stood in front of a clubhouse in a private and secluded parts of the Apple Farm. He climbed on to the clubhouse and knocked on the door. "Crusaders? Are you in there?" He asked from outside the door.

"He's here!" A voice came from the clubhouse. "Where's the script?" A crashing sound, followed by the sound of glass breaking could be heard from inside the clubhouse. "Scootaloo! That's Applejack's!" Another commotion followed shortly after before the door opened, revealing the CMC looking at him in excitement.

Sweetie Bell walked forward with a piece of paper in her hand. "We, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, elect Bruce Gunderson to join us as a sister..." Bruce coughed when he heard that.

She looked at Bruce sheepishly before continuing. "I mean, as a brother, friend, confidante, ally, bossom buddy, gal pal, compadre, chum of chums..." Scootaloo cleared her throat. "Well you wrote this." Sweetie Bell retorted.

" Homegirl... Amiga... blah blah blah blah blah. Oh, yes, here. ...and fellow Cutie Mark Crusader! You are solemnly sworn in, here this day, in witness of your fellow sisters, friends, confidantes... bossom buddies... compadres..."

"Congratulations!!! You are now an honorary member of the Cutie Mark Crusaders!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "Phew... Gotta revise that..." She added to herself.

Meanwhile, Bruce is watching the three of them in amusement. For some reason after another, their childish and adorable traits are making him happier than usual. "Well I am honored to become an honorary member of the honorable Cutie Mark Crusaders." He said, kneeling down in front of them.

They all kneel back before motioning him to step into the Clubhouse. "Nice place you got here..." Bruce exclaimed, looking around the clubhouse with a smirk on his face.

"Yeah and here are some of the highlights of the Clubhouse!" Applebloom walked towards a small white board with three checklist on top of it. "This is where we do our role call." Sweetie Bell took a marker and draw a checklist. "This is where we eat out food." Sweetie Bell eats some invisible food. "Sometimes we stand here and think of great ideas." Sweetie Bell walked towards a red target on the floor and the lamp above her turned on.

Bruce chuckled in mirth before walking towards the thinking spot. "Let me try to think of something." He stood on top of the thinking spot for a moment.

"What are you thinking?" Applebloom asked.

"I'm thinking that being an Honorary member of the Cutie Mark Crusader is going to be one of the best decision I have ever made in my entire life." Bruce replied without hesitation. "I love it here."

"YAAY!!!" They shouted in excitement. "WE HAVE A NEW MEMBER!!"

Bruce laughed and took out his camera. "Come here girls, let's make this moment last forever!" They walked towards him in curiosity as the human held the camera above their faces. "Look at the camera everypony!" 'Click' the camera took a photo of Applebloom, Scootaloo, and Sweetie Bell pressing their face against each other so they can fit the frame.

After taking the photo, Bruce sat down on the floor with the CMC sitting in front of him. "So... You're all trying to earn your Cutie Mark aren't you?" He asked them.

"Yeah! Because we are..." Applebloom started.

"The Crusaders!" They all yelled at the same time.

Bruce tried to hold back a smile. "Okay Crusaders, now tell me everything you know about Cutie Marks." He said, wanting to learn more about Cutie Marks from the expert.

Sweetie Bell stood up and grabbed a whiteboard from a corner. Then Scootaloo moved in for the explanations. "The Cutie Mark." Sweetie Bell drew a basic image of a pony. "Is a mark that represents the special skills and talent a pony has." Scootaloo explained. "When a Pony do an incredible feat that makes them special, they will earn their Cutie Mark."

Bruce nodded and rubbed his chin in deep thought. "Interesting... So what happens when you get a Cutie Mark?" He asked them. "Will you only able to be good at one thing? What if you get a Cutie Mark you don't like? What happens then?"

The Crusaders froze when they heard that. They were so focused on getting their Cutie Mark that they haven't think of what would happen when they get one. "Umm... I haven't thought about it..." Applebloom muttered.

The human smirked and rubbed his hands together. "That's the exact reason why you all need to become the Cutie Mark of Infinity. That way you can be anything and everything." He explained. "For starters, we need to figure out a talent that needs all sorts of skills."

The CMC looked up in deep thought. "Talent that need lots of skills..." Applebloom muttered. "Ooh! I know, Farming!! You need to know how to plow on land, plant seeds, buck apples, and lots more skills."

Scootaloo shook her head and raised his hoof. "Well I think the talent that need lots of skills is stunts! You have to be aware, keen, fast, and generally awesome to pull off an amazing stunt like Rainbow Dash!" She exclaimed.

Sweetie Bell stood up. "Well in my opinion, the talent that need lots of skills is singing. You have to be graceful, confident, and elegant to perform in front of the public eyes." She explained in a Rarity-like manner.

Bruce nodded, already knowing what their cutie mark's gonna be. "Well girls, those talents can still be categorized with one cutie mark." He pointed at Applebloom. "An apple." He pointed at Scootaloo. "A vehicle or wings." Finally he pointed at Sweetie Bell. "A star or a musical instrument."

"So... What kind of talent that needs lots of skills to do?" Applebloom asked. Wondering what kind of Cutie Mark makes them good at everything.

The Human also thought about it for a few moments. "Think about it... A skill is used to solve multiple problems at once..." He muttered. "Then a talent that needs a lot of skills would be..." He snapped his fingers in realization. "Helping People!!!"

The CMC smiled and nodded in agreement. "Yeah! A Helping Ponies Cutie Mark doesn't sound too bad." They all exclaimed. "We'll be like superheroes!!!" Scootaloo exclaimed. "Just like Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle!"

Bruce couldn't help but chuckle at the mention of Twilight Sparkle. Looks like the Mare Do Well hype hasn't died down at all. "Well then, what better way to start getting the Cutie Mark than helping others in need? Come on, let's go look for some trouble!" He said, motioning them all to follow him.


Twilight stood in front of the Golden Oak Library with a sad expression on her face. Now that she no longer resides here, the mayor turned it into a public Library. She can always come in whenever she please but... "Oh... Spike..." She whispered to herself.

Suddenly she noticed something quite particular. It is The Cutie Mark Crusaders strolling through the town with Bruce Gunderson following them from behind. "Hey Twilight!" Bruce greeted her.

They walked towards her with an excited smile on their faces. "Hey Crusaders, what are you doing?" She asked them.

"We're looking troubles!" They all exclaimed in a perfect sync.

"WHAT!?" Twilight glared at Bruce. "What have you been teaching them!?" She asked in disbelief.

Bruce cringed and looked at the CMC. "Look girls, that came out very wrong. Now explain to the Mare Do Well what you are trying to do before she blasts me into an orange." He said, taking a few steps back from Twilight.

"We are trying to earn our infinity Cutie Mark!" Scootaloo said.
"By doing things that needs lots of skills!" Sweetie Bell said.
"Like helping other ponies in need!" Applebloom said.

Twilight rolled her eyes in realization before smiling at them. "So you're trying to help people, I thought Bruce corrupted you into doing pranks and making troubles." She said in relief.

"We're not making troubles, we're looking for troubles!" Applebloom replied while the others just nodded in agreement.

Twilight sighed. "It means the same Applebloom. But if you really wanted to help..." She smiled and opened the library, revealing piles and piles of books strewn all over the place. "You can always help me cleaning up the library." She said as the CMC happily walked into the Library.

Bruce noticed that Twilight made no move to walk or enter the library. "You still can't move on huh?" He asked her.

Twilight nodded sadly. "It's just... he's been with me all my life and suddenly he just... he just left..." Her eyes started to well up. "I missed him so much..." Bruce embraced her in a hug and stroked her mane comfortingly.

"Hey, it's okay Twilight. He's living his life happily in the dragon mountain." Bruce said comfortingly.

Twilight looked at him in confusion. "H-how do you know?" She asked.

Bruce took out his tablet and turned it on, showing a live footage of a huge volcano from bird's eye view. "Hey buddy, take a closer look will you?" The camera dived down towards the crater. It stopped at the edge of the volcano, overlooking what it seems to be a Lava Pool Party in the middle of the volcano.

"Y-you sent... Skywalker?" Twilight asked in disbelief.

Bruce nodded as Skywalker flew towards a certain purple scaled dragon lazing around on a pool of lava. "Spike!" Twilight took the tablet off of Bruce's hand to get a closer look. The Dragon isn't fifty feet tall, only about about fifteen feet and he has a pair of wings behind his back. He has his eyes closed as he floats around the lava pool. "He looks... so peaceful..." Twilight muttered in a mixture of sadness and happiness.

"Like I said, Spike's fine. He completed his growth spurt and now he's in his teen years." Bruce explained. "By the way, you can have it. It's the least I can do to help."

Twilight smiled at the human. "Thanks Bruce, I can't thank you enough."

Suddenly the library door opened, revealing the Cutie Mark Crusaders standing in front of them with cute little smiles on their faces. "We finished tidying up the library Mrs. Mare Do Well!" Applebloom said as she and the others saluted at her.

Twilight narrowed her eyes. "But I haven't tell you how to..." Her words faltered when she stepped into the library.

The CMC has outdone themselves this time. The floors are clean and devoid of any piles of books, the tables are clean and free of dusts, and the books are neatly put into the shelves without any indent.

Except for the fact that all of the books are put in a beautiful color pattern, making it impossible to find any books through the label on the shelves. Applebloom walked towards her with an innocent smile on her face. "Do you like it Twilight? We put all purple books together to make it looks like a star." She pointed at the star shaped pattern on one of the shelves. "It was Sweetie Bell's idea!"

Sweetie Bell jumped in. "Yeah! Rarity always organized her stuff in a beautiful color pattern to make it easier to find everything." She said proudly.

Twilight took a deep breath and walked into the library. "Come on Crusaders, let me teach you how to properly organize books." She said.


A few hours later, the CMC has finally mastered the art of re-shelving.

Sweetie Bell gained the perk: Book Bender
She can now use her magic to levitate numerous amount of books in a perfect order.

Applebloom gained the perk: Title Master
She can see the title, the date, and the genre of a book with a glance from almost twenty feet away.

Scootaloo gained the perk: Nerd Rush
She can swiftly run through any hallways without creating any sounds or commotion.
+10 speed when near any kinds of books.

"We leveled up!!" the three of them exclaimed, making Bruce and Twilight looked at them in utter confusion.

Bruce cleared his throat before looking back at Twilight. "See you later Mare Do Well! We still got more troubles to find." He said, waving at Twilight as he and the CMC walked away from the Golden Oak Library.

Then the human moved his attention to the three little fillies. "So, where to next Crusaders?" He asked them.

"I'm hungry! Can we get somethin' to eat?" Applebloom asked while the others nodded in agreement. Bruce nodded and looked at a certain edible building nearby.

"Let's go to the sugar cube corner!" He said, walking towards Pinkie Pie's lair. He checked his pockets and only have about twenty bits. "Hope there's some discount..." He muttered.

The CMC plus the human stood in front of the Sugar Cube Corner. They knocked on the door and not a moment too soon, Pinkie Pie opened the door in a hurry. "Hi Pinkie Pie! Is the store open?" Bruce asked.

The pony shook his head. "Nope!" She said before slamming the door close. "Get down here pound cake!!" Her muffled voice could be heard from outside.

Bruce smirked and looked at the CMC. "Well girls, looks like Pinkie Pie need some help with babysitting. Come on, let's help her." He said before opening the door in front of him. "Pinkie Pie? Do you need any help?"

Pinkie Pie's head popped out of the door upstairs. "YES!!! These babies are everywhere!" She yelled before disappearing back into the room.

"Crusaders! Operation Babysitting is a go!" Applebloom exclaimed as the three of them march upstairs to assist Pinkie Pie with her baby issues. "Bruce you coming?" she asked.

Bruce shook his head as he grabbed a little cupcake nearby. "Nope, I'll be here for back up." He said, taking a bite out of the cupcake. Then he walked upstairs and pressed his ears against the door to hear the situation.

"Oh Pumpkin Cake, get that rubber chicken out of your mouth this instant!" Sweetie Bell yelled.

"Pound Cake! Stop running around, it's nap time!" Applebloom exclaimed

[Helicopter Noises]

"He can FLY and I can't!? What is wrong with me?" Scootaloo yelled in anguish.

"Scootaloo this is really not the time! Pumpkin Cake is eating Sweetie Bell!" Applebloom shouted.

"HELP! SHE'S CHEWING MY TAIL!!!" Sweetie Bell yelled in horror.

[Drilling Noises, followed by a train horn.]

"All right everypony stand back! I got this..." Pinkie Pie said with an intense tone in her voice.

[Cannon Fires and Gunshots followed by an explosion]

"May day! May day! We need back up!!" Pinkie Pie shouted.

"Pound Cake is loaded and airborne! TAKE COVER!!!" Applebloom yelled.

[Splattering Noises]

"Pumpkin Cake got Scootaloo! I repeat, they got hostage!" Sweetie Bell yelled.

Suddenly, everything turned deathly quiet.

"SCOOTALOO NO!!!" Applebloom yelled in anguish.

"I'm sorry everypony!" Scootaloo exclaimed in regret.

[A muffled explosion]

"We've lost one Mare, I repeat, we've lost one mare." Applebloom said in regret.

"I will avenge you Scootaloo!!!" Sweetie Bell yelled in vengeance.

"Come back here!" She yelled again.

"Flying will not save you Pound Cake!" She shouted.

"Sweetie Bell look out!!" Applebloom exclaimed.

[Voices of Objects hitting walls repeatedly, followed by another explosion.

"They are too powerful..." Sweetie Bell muttered in pain.

[Mechanical Whirring]

"They are too smart..." Applebloom muttered in agony.

[A crackle of Thunder]

"We are too weak..." Pinkie Pie muttered despair.

[Evil Babies Laugh]

Meanwhile, Bruce Gunderson is standing outside the room with a bag of popcorn in his hands. "Well, it looks like they all have everything under control..." He said with a mischievous smirk on his face.

Suddenly a knocking sound came from the door. He swallowed the last of his popcorn and walked towards the entrance. He opened the door, revealing Twilight Sparkle standing in front of him in confusion.

"Hi Bruce, is everything okay? I came here to check on Pinkie Pie to help her with babysitting." She said, walking into the store. "Don't tell Pinkie Pie but I do not trust her with those babies." she added.

She walked upstairs and calmly opened the door, revealing a chaotic mess worthy of Discord himself. "I suppose you did everything you can to help them..." She said sarcastically.

The walls are covered with multi-colored frosting, flours, whipped cream, and some unspeakable unholy substance. Pinkie Pie is sprawled on the floor, covered head to hoof with flour. Sweetie Bell is trapped beneath a huge toy box. Applebloom is hanging on the edge of the crib with frosting all over her face. Scootaloo is buried beneath a pile of diapers with no indication whether they're clean or not.

Pound Cake and Pumpkin Cake sat calmly on top of the floor. They're all happily playing a bunch of dolls and building blocks. "Wake up everypony, let me show you how it's done." The unicorn said as she cleaned up the whole mess with her Overkill Magic.


A few hours later, the baby cakes are asleep and the CMC has finished their second lesson with Twilight Sparkle. They have now mastered the art of babysitting.

Sweetie Bell gained the perk: Hypnotic Lullaby
She can now sing a lullaby that could send even the most stubborn babies to go to sleep.

Applebloom gained the perk: Laughter Vision
She can cheer up anypony with her adorable stare.

Scootaloo gained the perk: Ninjasitter
She can walk on any surfaces at any angle with the help of her wings.
+10 speed when sprinting on the ground.

"We leveled up!" They all exclaimed.

"Okay Crusaders, but its almost night time so I think it's time for you to go back home." Bruce said. He looked at Twilight smiling beside him. "What are you looking at?" He asked her.

"Oh? You think I don't know?" She asked him.

Bruce sighed and took out three sets of small microphone from his pocket and gave it to each one of the Crusaders. "Here, this'll let you speak with each other no matter how far you are." He said.

The CMC took the microphone and the earphone before smiling at him gratefully. "Thanks Bruce! Now we don't need to go to each other's house when we're gonna have a meeting." Applebloom exclaimed.

Soon, they all bid Pinkie Pie farewell before heading back to the cabin.


For the next few weeks, the Cutie Mark Crusaders are on a roll.

Rarity made each one of the Crusaders a costume similar to Twilight's Mare Do Well costume. Since then, The Super Filly Trio was born. They've solved almost twenty four problems and made quite a reputation for themselves.

It doesn't matter whether the problem is big or small, they will always be there to help. The fact that they are possibly allied with Mare Do Well and the Protector of Equestria makes the Super Filly Trio one of the greatest team of Everyday Heroes that has ever existed.

It was almost night time, the Super Filly Trio just saved a young colt who became a victim of the dreaded Truth or Dare game in the Everfree Forest. They all have a tired look on their face as they walked into their Clubhouse. "Ahh... We've learnt so much!" Applebloom said, plopping herself on a brand new couch in the Clubhouse.

Scootaloo took off her light purple costume. "Yeah, who knew that airhorns could be used to repel Timberwolves?" She said, playing with the said horn in her hoof. "It's a good thing I just finished playing pranks with Rainbow Dash. If not, we would've been forced to use Sweetie Bell's song against them."

Sweetie Bell folded her outfit nearly and put it in the Clubhouse Wardrobe. "I know! It was the first time we saved somepony's life without Bruce or Twilight to help us." Sweetie Bell jumped on to the couch beside Applebloom and made herself comfortable. "Now we're the coolest ponies around..." She muttered.

"Great! But don't cocky kid." Bruce warned, entering the clubhouse fully garbed in his Pegasus Might armor. "I don't want to hear you all bragging about your secret identity. This for me, Twilight, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy's eyes only. You hear me?"

"You mean the main characters only?" Applebloom pointed out.

Bruce threw his arms up into the air. "Now you're breaking the fourth wall." He deadpanned. "Look, the point is, I gave you those suit so you won't get all up and mighty like... Diamond Tiara." He whispered the last part.

The Crusaders jerked back in disbelief when they heard that. "No way! We are nothing like them!" Applebloom said in denial. "They are mean and evil!"

Bruce shook his head. "Maybe, maybe you're not. But just remember that Diamond Tiara became like that because she was spoiled by her father Filthy Rich. As her reputation grows, so is her ego until she became what you all know today." He walked closer towards them. "Now... You are spoiled by not two but all ponies in Ponyville. And when you forget about the true meaning of becoming a hero..." He smirked and unfolded his wings. "You are no better than her."

Crackles of thunder followed shortly after his speech. Scaring the daylights of the trio of fillies in front of him. "W-we promise we're not going to be arrogant." Scootaloo said in fear.

Bruce smiled and pat each one of them in the head. "Nice! Now go home Crusaders, we have a monster called Monday tomorrow." He said easily.


A few days later...

The school was just over. Bruce Gunderson knocked on the door of Ponyville Schoolhouse. "Come in." A sweet melodic voice came from inside classroom. Bruce opened the door and saw Cheerilee doing some paperwork in her desk.

"Good Afternoon, Cheerilee right?" Bruce said, walking into the classroom with a smile on his face.

"Yes, and you must be Bruce Gunderson, the Protector of Equestria and the Leader of the Super Filly Trio." She said with a kind smile on her face. "Please, have a seat."

Bruce sat down in front of her desk. "So, I'm here to talk about one of your student. Applebloom." He said calmly.

Cheerilee put down her paperwork. "Oh Applebloom, her grandmother is going to have a presentation next Monday isn't she?" She asked. "I would love to hear her tell the history of Ponyville."

The human gave an ironic sigh. "Well, the same thing can't be said about Applebloom. She's afraid her granny's gonna humiliate her during the presentation." He said. "She asked, no, she blackmailed me into talking you about postponing the presentation day."

Cheerilee chuckled in response. "Ah yes, that sounds like an Apple all right." She said in amusement. Then she looked at Bruce with a kind yet stern expression on her face. "Now, since you know her so well, the decision is up to you. Do you want me to cancel the presentation?"


"YOU WHAT!? HOW COULD YOU!?" Applebloom yelled dramatically inside the clubhouse. "You promised me you're gonna talk to her about it!" She said.

Bruce took out his ear plugs before talking. "Well Applebloom, I promised you to talk to her about it and I did. Besides, Granny Smith isn't so bad right?" He asked her patiently.

"B-but, Diamond Tiara's gonna..." She tried to say.

Bruce sighed in frustration. "Look, which one is more important; your status or your own family?" He asked, running out of patience. "Besides, who cares about what Diamond Tiara thinks? So what if she saw you jumping on a rabbit suit? So what if her father is basically Bill Gates? You are a Crusader! You are the Super Filly! And you should be proud of your own family more than what Diamond Tiara thinks of you."

Applebloom nodded understandingly. "You're right, I shouldn't be like that towards Granny Smith." She said. "She's my granny and that means she is the greatest granny around!" She said in conviction.

Then she looked up towards him and smiled. "Thanks Bruce, even though you're a human, you are a part of my family..." She hugged Bruce, making the human smile in happiness.

"Thanks Applebloom, it's been a long time since I have a family to call my own..." He muttered.