• Published 17th Aug 2017
  • 1,988 Views, 40 Comments

A Perfect World I Almost Ruined - Metatoda42



When Bruce Gunderson stepped into the Land of Equestria, one question remains. Will he bring peace or destruction? As a human, it is within his nature to bring the latter.

  • ...
12
 40
 1,988

Chapter Eight: The Doctor

Author's Note:

Just a filler and the introduction of the Time Travelling duo.
That's why this one came out so fast...

"BRUCE YOU HAVE TO HELP ME!!!"

"Gaah!!" 'thud' Bruce harshly fell down from his bed. He rubbed his head and saw Twilight looking at him like a mad pony. "My god Twilight..." He looked at the clock nearby. "It's 4 a.m... This better be good..." He stood up from the floor and sat down on his bed. "Talk."

"My Future-Self time traveled and warned me about an oncoming disaster next Tuesday!" Twilight exclaimed. "Bruce! If my future-self was forced to go back in time and warned me then... What kind of disaster awaits us?"

Bruce nodded and took a deep breath. He stood up from his bed and walked towards a monitor in his room. "Where did you appear?" He asked her, picking up a mouse and scrolling to CCTV database. "Wait nevermind, I got it."

They all watched closely as the Twilight from the Future appeared in the living room. The human smirked at the outfit the future Twilight wore while past Twilight just watched the recording grimly. Then, the Twilight from the future disappeared before she can deliver her message. "Something is creating a Stable Time Loop..." Bruce muttered to himself.

He looked at Twilight and studied her for a moment. "Twilight, I know what's happening and I might be gone for an unknown amount of time. In the mean time I need you to stay calm and don't panic. Got it? Stay calm and don't panic." He took out his Walkie-Talkie from his pocket. "You will not be able to contact me with this so if I don't answer it, doesn't mean I'm in trouble. All right?"

He took out a bunch of tools from his workshops and put them all into his backpack. Then he walked towards the shotgun strapped on his wall and grabbed it. "Wh-where are you going?" Twilight asked in concern. "Why bring Jeffery? Bruce, what is going on?" She asked in fear.

The human sighed and put down the shotgun. "That's the problem Twilight, I don't know where I'm going... I could be back before dinner or I might be gone for years." He walked towards his radar and turned it on. "Oh my god it's in Ponyville..." He quickly activated his Pegasus Might Armor and opened the window. "Gotta go! Remember, don't panic okay? That's all you gotta do!" The human opened the window and soared through the sky, leaving a very panicked and not calm Twilight alone in the cabin.


Bruce looked at a small radar in his watch and followed it towards a small house near the town hall. He landed in front of the entrance and took out his Walkie Talkie. "Hi Princess C, Princess L, just wanted to say that something happened. It has something to do with Space-Time Disturbance. I don't know what's gonna happen next, but I need you all to stay calm and don't panic no matter what happens. Just do whatever you can to protect Equestria during my absent. Remember, stay calm and don't panic." He closed the connection and looked at the house in front of him.

Then Bruce knocked on the door a couple of times. "Excuse me, I know this is very late and I'm very-very sorry, but I'm afraid there's a Space-Time rift inside your house. Would you please open the door?" He said.

Soon enough, the door opened. Revealing a cross-eyed Pegasus with grey coat and light yellow mane. "Hi, how can I help you?" She asked innocently.

Bruce looked inside the house and saw a Stallion running around pulling dozens of levers, knobs, and switches on some kind of a weird machine. The Stallion has grayish brown coat, dark brown mane, and an hourglass Cutie Mark. He seemed to be very focused on his task and doesn't seem to notice him. "Hi uhh... Derpy right?" The Pegasus just blinked at him and nod with a smile on his face. "Umm, who is that?" Bruce asked.

The second he said that, the Stallion looked back and noticed the human's presence. "Derpy! How many times do I have to tell you, do not answer the door when I'm using the TARDIS!!!" He walked towards Bruce with a wary look in his eyes. "Bruce Gunderson, I am very sorry for the time-space disturbance. But I assure you there is nothing to be worried about."

The Human folded his arms in front of his chest and stepped into the room. "You caused a Stable Time Loop. How is that nothing to be worried about?" He deadpanned. "Who are you anyway?"

The Stallion held out his hoof and they both shook appendage. "Call me the doctor. I am Ponyville's resident Timekeeper." He replied. "Also, it is a stable time loop. It is safe and it won't do any harm.

Bruce walked towards the machine and noticed the familiar buttons and switches reserved for the human fingers in front of him. "Well now it's Stable, what if you screw up and cause a rip? The world could be destroyed!" He took out his scanner to scan the huge pipe in the middle of the machine. "What are you using this for anyway? Sightseeing?"

The Doctor knew that there is no going out of this. "Yes, but it's broken and I am still trying to fix it for almost a year now. Perhaps we should start at the beginning..." Derpy sat down in front of him in excitement.

"Story Time!" She exclaimed.

The Doctor smiled at the Pegasus. "Yes, story time. Sit down everypony, I have a story to tell." He said. "You too Bruce, sit down." He motioned Bruce to sit down right next to him.

"I was born during the peak of Discord's Tyranny." The Doctor started his story. "During that time, life is very hard. Especially for someone such as myself. It was a time where nothing make sense and logic was thrown out of the equation."

"One day when I was running from a flock of Pigasus, don't ask, I heard a loud noise coming from behind a tree. A blue box faded into existence with every noise it creates. I was afraid it was just an elaborate trap from the god of chaos. But I realized that a blue box in the middle of a forest is a bit too orderly for Discord."

"I decided to test my luck and pressed my hoof against the door. A bright light appeared and a small key materialized in front of me. I opened the box and walked into it, needless to say I was very-very amazed."

"Inside that small box is a pocket dimension. A Time And Relative Dimension In Space. I cannot find the owner, yet I feel like I have known this device for years." He looked at the machine with a smile on his face. "When I stepped into this box, it just clicked to me how this thing operates. I wasted no time pulling that lever to take me away from Discord's Tyranny."

"The TARDIS sent me to the Ponyville Village just a year before Twilight came to Ponyville. There, I met Derpy and say what you want, she is the perfect assistant I could have ever wanted. Her innocence is as comforting as a light in the darkness and her sense of wonder and curiosity makes me think more than even the cleverest riddle." Derpy blushed in embarrassment when the doctor said that.

"And that's when it was all started. I traveled through time and space, witnessing crucial events that happens throughout the history of Equestria. I watched the Princess imprisoned Discord with the power of the Elements of Harmony, I watched the Banishment of the Nightmare Moon, and I was there when the Main Six reformed the Nightmare Moon."

"Until one day... Something amazing happened. A rift appeared in the fabric of time and space, ejecting a new variable into the mix." He looked at Bruce with a knowing smirk on his face. "I've seen the future of Equestria without you, yet I cannot see the future of Equestria with you. You are a wild card, an unknown code in the digital fabric of time and space. You have the power to change everything. For the better or for the worst."

Bruce clapped his hands at his story and stood up. "Well then what are we waiting for? Come on! Let's fix this bad boy up!" he said, taking out a bunch of tools from his backpack. "After this, we're gonna visit some hardcore places."

After a few hours of hard work and tedious amount of Quantum Physics Calculations, Bruce, Derpy, and the Doctor finished repairing the machine. The Doctor has an ecstatic grin on his face as he pulled the lever. "HAHAHA!!! The Doctor is back in action!" He laughed almost maniacally. 'Vworrp' 'Vworrp' the sound of the TARDIS echoes through the air.

Bruce just chuckled at the sight of the doctor pulling levers and switches like Pinkie Pie on a sugar rush. He look at his right and saw Derpy doing a happy dance beside him. "Adventure! Adventure!" She exclaimed in excitement.

'Boom' a small explosion appeared from the console, followed by another round of laughter from the doctor. "Yes! We are almost there!" He exclaimed. "Derpy, pull that switch before we get stranded in an Alternate Universe."

The Pegasus saluted at the doctor and pull the switch. "Wait, did I say switch? I mean the lever!" The Doctor exclaimed, causing the human to face-palm. "Never mind Derpy, we have arrived. Slightly out of the course but we'll never know until we open that door."

Derpy just strolled to the door and opened it, revealing a dark, gloomy wasteland filled with the choirs of the damned. "I think it's nighttime doc!" A howling sound came out of nowhere. "In a forest." A distant screaming sound could be heard from their left. "Near a rock concert."

Bruce and The Doctor stepped outside and looked around. A wide grin appeared on the Stallion's face when he realized where they are. "We are in Tartarus, the super villain museum." The Doctor said with an excited grin on his face. "Well come on now everypony! I will be your guide."

Bruce followed the Doctor and Derpy around the dark wasteland. "Huh, here I am having a tour around Tartarus with Time-Traveling Stallion..." He muttered to himself. "Well, I guess there really is nothing to be worried about. I wonder how Twilight is doing..."


Meanwhile at the Fluttershy's Cabin, Twilight is pacing around in panic and confusion. "Oh what do I do? what do I do?" She muttered over again and again. "I can't stand still when there's a disaster coming!" She exclaimed.

Fluttershy who is calmly preparing the table for breakfast just sighed patiently. "Listen Twilight." She looked at the Unicorn with a comforting smile on her face. "I know Bruce and I trusted him. If he told you that everything is under control then you should not worry." She said.

"He didn't say everything is under control, he told me to stay calm and don't panic because there is nothing I can do about it." She said in panic. "But how can I stay calm? There's a disaster coming in a week and there is nothing I can do!!!" She sat down on the table and slammed her face on to it. "Celestia help us all..."

"Maybe you..." "Wait that's it!!" Twilight exclaimed, cutting her off. "I just have to tell Princess Celestia!" She stood from her seat and ran upstairs to get her walkie-talkie. "She'll know what to do."

A few seconds later she walked back downstairs with a pissed off expression on her face. "Well? What did she say?" Fluttershy asked.

"Bruce already told her to stay calm and she did..." She muttered flatly. "Can't believe how calm she is about this either! Isn't there anything we should do about this?" Twilight picked up a forkful of pancake and munched on it. "I mean, sure there is nothing we can do. But what if there is something we can do. This is delicious by the way."

"Thank you." Fluttershy replied.

"Moving on, what I'm trying to say is... We just have to be very prepared for absolutely anything." Twilight explained. "If we can make Ponyville disaster-proof, we can prevent anything from happening." A hopeful smile appeared in her face. "That's must be why I went back in time! To make sure I'm prepared for anything!" She exclaimed.


"And this is the abdominal Bugbear." The Doctor said, pointing at a huge monster that looked like a cross between a bear and a wasp. It is trapped inside a huge metal cage and chained down to the ground. "The fact that it is still in his cage put us about a decade before Twilight's arrival." The Doctor walked towards the Bugbear. "It was captured by Agent Sweetie Drops from a secret anti-monster agency in Canterlot called the SCP Foundation which stands for the Secret Canterlot Ponies Foundation" Then he smirked and shook his head. "Then in three years time, he will escape, resulting the SCP Foundation to be disbanded."

Bruce nodded and took some notes. "This Agent Sweetie Drops, where is she now?" He asked.

A knowing smile appeared on the Doctor's face. "She is currently hiding undercover in the Ponyville Village under the name Bon Bon." He replied. "An interesting fellow she is, perhaps you should tale to her someday. The SCP Foundation made her a formidable ally. Trust me, I know."

Then they moved on from the cage. "Ooh... Shiny!" Derpy exclaimed, pointing at a floating dark crystal kept inside a magic force field. She walked towards it and pressed her face against the force field.

"That is the Core of Corruption. It is an object with the power to corrupt any being in Equestria. It is also what turns Princess Luna into the Nightmare Moon." The Doctor explained. "In a few decades it will turn Princess Celestia into the Daybreaker, but it might not happen now that you're here." He said. "Or maybe, you being here just accelerated the process."

They moved on from the core and walked towards a huge set of staircase guarded with a huge three-headed dog. "Ah, Lord Tirek. A being with the power to absorb any and all magic thrown at him. Making him one of the most powerful being that has ever existed." The Doctor took a step towards the stairs and the Cerberus growled at him. He smiled sheepishly and took a couple of steps back.

"When he escaped, he absorbed all magic in Equestria including all of the Alicorn's and Discord's magic. The Main Six used the Magic of Harmony to defeat it." Then the Doctor looked at Bruce with an excited smile on his face. "But now that you've destroyed The Elements of Harmony, I wonder what will happen..." He said

Bruce looked at Tirek with a steely look on his eyes. "Well... He might be able to absorb magic, doesn't mean he can absorb kinetic energy." He said with a threatening look on his face.

With that, they ended their trip and went back into the TARDIS. "All right Derpy, where should we go now?" The Doctor asked.

The Pegasus put a hoof over her chin and furrowed her brows in deep thought. "Hmm..." A bright smile appeared on her face. "Ooh! I know! Let's go to the Alternate Universe!" She exclaimed. "I want to see what happened if Bruce isn't around."

The Doctor grinned and flicked a switch. "What about you Mr. Gunderson? Where do you want to go after this?" He asked, pulling a lever to activate the TARDIS. 'Vworrp' 'Vworrp'

Bruce just shrugged. "How about next Tuesday? Pretty curious about what happened to Twilight." He replied.

The Doctor nodded and walked towards the entrance of the TARDIS. "This is what the world's going to be like if you are not around." He opened the door, revealing the Ponyville Village in all its mundane glory. "Pretty much the same except for the fact that the Super Fillies never existed and Spike is still around." He said.

Bruce paused a second after he heard that. "Are you saying that... Spike leaving was my fault?" He asked with a hint of regret in his voice. "Should've seen that one coming..."

The Doctor walked towards the Human and pushed him out of the TARDIS. "Instead of assuming, why don't you see for yourself what's going on?" A roaring sound came from the distance and Spikezilla came rushing in towards Rarity's Boutique. "Bruce, Derpy, you go on ahead. I'll go catch up with you." The Doctor ran back into the TARDIS and it disappeared from existence.

Bruce activated his Pegasus Might armor and nodded at Derpy. "Come on Derpy, let's watch where I screw up." They both flew from the ground and landed on top of the mountain where Spike kept all of his treasures. 'Vworrp' 'Vworrp' The TARDIS materialized right beside them and The Doctor walked out of it with a pair of binoculars.

"Ah! There's the difference!" The Doctor exclaimed.

Bruce raised an eyebrow and took out his own Binocular. At first he thought that the difference is Spike caught Rarity, but then he noticed a very familiar gemstone on Rarity's cape. "Oh no. You are not getting this gemstone! This was given to me by my dear friend Spikey-wikey, the kindest, sweetest, most generous dragon ever. And it is too precious to me to give to a greedy old beast like you!" She exclaimed.

Bruce's eyes widened when Spike turned back to normal just like that and plummeted down from the sky. "Princess Celestia's Dress... She's not working on her dress and there was no trip to the beach..." Bruce muttered in conclusion. "Well, I guess it's not my fault but technically it is my fault. Did I make any good difference though?" He asked the doctor.

The Doctor motioned them all to step into the TARDIS. "Fast forward to Hearts and Hooves day. Quite possibly, your biggest achievement yet." He said, pulling a lever to start the machine. "By the way, the accident with the Love Poison gave Fluttershy a new home. That's a major plus in my book."

Soon, they stepped out of the TARDIS and saw Big Mac rushing through the Ponyville Village like a mad pony. They watched as he fell down on to a hole near the boutique while yelling nonsense. Then, Cheerilee burst out of the boutique and jumped into the hole. "Love Poison... The Crusaders use the love poisons..." Bruce muttered in disbelief. "Are they going to be all right?" He asked the doctor.

The Doctor just pointed at the three little fillies being chided by Cheerilee for using the Love Poisons. Bruce sighed in relief. "Thank Goodness... By the way, what happened today? I mean in the time when we're living. Is there any Stable Time Loop?" He asked.

The Doctor shrugged. "I do not know... The Time Loop happened when I forced the TARDIS to activate on its broken state." He replied. "Perhaps the same thing happen but without you helping me."

They went back into the TARDIS to plan their next move. Bruce sat down on a chair near the machine. "So doc, do you have any time enemies or something? Or are you a pure bystander in the history of Equestria?" The Doctor stopped tinkering with TARDIS for a moment.

"I have enemies, but I banished them from this world." He pulled a lever and the TARDIS sprang to life. "And by that I mean I tricked Startswirl the Bearded to banish them from this world." 'Vworrp' 'Vworrp' Vworrp' "I don't think it's possible for them to go back."

Derpy looked at the Doctor in confusion. "But why won't they? Isn't banishment just a cool way of saying kicked out? What's stopping them from coming back?"

Bruce smirked and pointed at the Pegasus. "She got a point, I mean just look at Discord, Bugbear, Tirek..." He watch in amusement as the Doctor's face started to pale. "Since when does a super villain ever stay in the prison? Perhaps it's only a matter of time before they came back. Stronger than ever!"

The Doctor sighed and slammed his hoof on the console. "All right, you're right, they will be back stronger than ever." He put a hoof over his face in frustration. "But I won't stand by and let that happen, they're my responsibility the second I found the TARDIS." He walked to the entrance of the TARDIS. "Come on now, this is the mysterious next Tuesday."

They all walked out of the TARDIS and found themselves in the middle of the Ponyville Village. "Looks exactly the same..." Bruce commented. "Maybe there really is nothing to be worried about." He walked around the place and saw Fluttershy walking on the street with some groceries. "Fluttershy!" He greeted her.

The Pegasus looked at Bruce and smiled. "Bruce! You came back, is everything all right?" She asked him.

"I was about to ask the same thing! But judging by this lovely day, there is absolutely nothing to be worried about." He said with a relieved expression on his face. "By the way, how is Twilight? Is she all right?" He asked her.

"She's all right, but just last night she sneaked in to a Library in Canterlot to stole a Time-Travel spell." She pointed at a building under construction. "And that's where the Cerberus escaped from Tartarus. Twilight brought him back so there's nothing to be worried about."

Bruce nodded and looked back. "They ditched me..." He muttered, looking at an empty spot where the TARDIS is supposed to be. Then he looked back at Fluttershy and smiled. "Well Fluttershy, I've been gone for almost a week now. Come on, let's get something to eat."


"Why did you leave him doc?" Derpy asked inside the TARDIS.

The Doctor smiled and walked towards the TARDIS entrance. "He's fun to hang with, but three's a crowd." He opened the door, revealing a beautiful land filled with Crystal Ponies in the middle of a frozen wasteland. "Welcome to the Crystal Empire five years into the future!!!" He exclaimed.

A bright excited smile appeared on Derpy's face. She walked out of the TARDIS and looked around in excitement. "Ooh!" She exclaimed in amazement. "Everything's so pretty!!!"


'This is it Twilight... You are going to meet him again.' Twilight thought to herself. She rose from her bed and walked towards a mirror. She looked at the mirror and saw a unicorn brimming with the power of Determination. 'I will bring him back, no matter what happens.' A small confident smile appeared on her face. 'Spike, I am coming for you!'

With that, Twilight walked out of the room and walked downstairs to meet the others. There, she saw Bruce and Fluttershy eating some pancakes for breakfast. "Hi everypony, you're early." Twilight sat on the table beside Fluttershy.

"So, you're ready for the dragon migration?" Bruce asked her without looking up from his food.

"Sure I am!" She replied confidently. "What about you Fluttershy? Are you ready?" She asked the Pegasus who is drinking a cup of tea.

A sheepish smile appeared on Fluttershy's face. "I'm sorry, but I am not coming." She replied. "I'm still... afraid of them."

Twilight smiled at Fluttershy comfortingly. "Fluttershy, together we beat the God of Chaos, you alone can defeat the Cerberus, the Cockatrice, the Kraken, and a human being." She held Fluttershy's hoof and her horn glows a little. "Have some confidence Fluttershy, you are stronger than you think."

The Pegasus smiled at Twilight gratefully. "Thank you Twilight, that was very nice of you..." She said. "Maybe it wouldn't hurt if I come." Twilight patted Fluttershy's back with a smile on her face.

"That's the spirit!" She exclaimed before looking back at Bruce. "What about you Bruce? Your first dragon migration, shouldn't you be excited?" She asked him.

The human chuckled and took out his tablet. "Yup! Skywalker's going with them. About time I meet him again." Then he leaned towards Twilight with flat look on his face. "I trust you're not going to do anything stupid aren't you?" He asked with a hint of threat in his voice.

Twilight gulped nervously. "N-no... I'm just going to meet him, say hi... You know like a good old friend." She fidgeted a little. "I'm not going to kidnap him or anything..." She added hurriedly.

Bruce sighed and shook his head. "You're a bad liar, do you know that?" Twilight nodded guiltily. "Well I suppose it cannot be helped." He gave her the tablet and Twilight saw Spike flying through the sky with the other dragons. "Skywalker's been keeping an eye on his for almost a month now. It's time for me to let him rest like a responsible owner. So I hope we can settle everything today."

Twilight sighed and nodded at the human. "Thank you, are you going to help me?" She asked him with a hopeful look on her face. "You know I can't do this on my own right?"

Bruce shrugged and pointed at a saddlebag lying on the floor near them. "My help is that I'm giving you permission to use that." Then he pointed at Fluttershy. "My other help is that I am not going to stop anyone from helping you." Then he pointed at his backpack. "My last help is that I'm going to make sure you won't get into any trouble."

Twilight sighed in acceptance. She knew she should be grateful that Bruce isn't going to stop her. But she hoped he at least he helped her personally. "All right I understand." She stood up from her seat and wore her saddlebag. "Come one guys! The others are waiting for us."


The Main Six plus Bruce Gunderson hid inside a trench. They are looking at a magnificent flock of dragons soaring through the sky. Hundreds and hundreds of legendary beasts flew across Ponyville, looking for a new home. "There he is!" Twilight exclaimed, pointing at a dragon out of a hundred.

Everypony but Bruce moved their attention at a huge purple dragon soaring above them. Rarity and Twilight's horns glow. A beacon of light the shape of their respective Cutie Mark Appeared above the sky. "What are you doing?" Bruce asked warily. "I thought we're hiding in this trench means we should not attract attention?"

Twilight and her friends ignored him as the purple dragon soared down from the sky. He landed in front of each one of them with a powerful yet soft expression on his face. "Twilight..." He said in a deep voice. "It's... been a while."

"SPIKE!!!" Twilight lunged at the fifteen feet dragon and embraced him into a hug. "I missed you so much..." She whispered in joy. "Please don't go away..."

The Dragon sighed and gently caressed Twilight's mane. "Look Twilight, I am a dragon. Ponyville isn't a place for a dragon and..." He looked at everypony with a regretful look on his face. "Rarity, I'm sorry for destroying your boutique. Fluttershy, I'm sorry for stealing you chicken coup. Applejack, I'm sorry for stealing you apples and leaves. And Pinkie Pie, I'm sorry for destroying the Sugar Cube corner."

"And Twilight... I'm sorry for leaving you alone. I heard that now you live with Fluttershy and Bruce." Twilight nodded sadly. "That's great, I mean, it's about time you live in an actual house." He said jokingly. Then he looked at Bruce looking at him in interest. "Bruce, promise me you'll take care of her." He said.

Bruce nodded in conviction. "With my life." Then he took out an over-sized Walkie-Talkie from his backpack. "Oh and here's a little something for you. With this, you can contact us anytime, anywhere." He explained. "Don't hesitate to call! or visit if you can."

Spike smiled and held the Walkie-Talkie close to his chest. "Thanks Bruce, another thing to make them call me Half Pony I guess." He said with a smirk on his face. "You have no idea how long it took for me to get a wing."

Twilight looked at Spike in concern. "Do you have any friends? Are the other dragons mean at you?" She asked him. "What about the Half Pony thing, are they calling you names?"

Spike shook his head. "No hard feelings, it's all fine and well in the Dragon Mountain. I have friends, not as wonderful as any of you, but friends nonetheless." He smiled comfortingly at Twilight. "Really Twilight, there is nothing you should be worried about." He said.

Twilight nodded understandingly and stepped away from him. "Okay... I understand, call me later okay?" She asked him.

The Dragon smiled and took off to the sky. "Good bye my friends! Hope I can see you again later!" He disappeared inside the herds of the dragons.