• Published 17th Aug 2017
  • 1,987 Views, 40 Comments

A Perfect World I Almost Ruined - Metatoda42



When Bruce Gunderson stepped into the Land of Equestria, one question remains. Will he bring peace or destruction? As a human, it is within his nature to bring the latter.

  • ...
12
 40
 1,987

Chapter Two: Tank and Pets

Author's Note:

Short Chapter Ahead!!!

By the way, if any of you are wondering; yes, Bastion is inspired by the Last Bastion from the Overwatch game. I just love the concept of a nature loving death machine, fits perfectly into this story.

Feedback and Criticism is always welcome!!!
(Really, really, really need them actually)

After two months of being hospitalized, Fluttershy and Bruce are finally freed from the pristine dungeon. They found all of their friends waiting for them in front of the hospital entrance. Bruce has a relieved smile on his face when he saw Twilight standing among them with a cheerful smile on her face. He was afraid Princess Celestia punished her too much.

“Hi, everyone! Miss me?” Bruce greeted them.

“We just visited you yesterday!” Rainbow Dash retorted.

The human just chuckled and looked at Fluttershy standing behind him. She has a longing look on her face, and it’s obvious that she's getting very impatient. “Well, what are you waiting for?” Bruce asked.

She smiled at him and ran towards her friends. Everyone welcomed her with a warm group hug and cupcakes courtesy of Pinkie Pie. “Aww, we missed you too Fluttershy…” Twilight said.

“Things ain't the same without you around Fluttershy. Glad you're back.” Applejack added.

“Hey! What about me!” Bruce joked. They let go of the hug and looked at him.

“We have something else for you.” Twilight walked towards him and took out an object from her saddlebag. It is a book called ‘The Taste of Predator.’ Bruce can’t help but chuckle in amusement. “Now you can make ‘cheeseburgers’ without killing grasshoppers.” She said cheekily.

Bruce grabbed the book from her telekinetic grasp and start skimming through the pages. “Where did you get this?” He asked her, looking at a vegetarian nugget recipe.

“The Culinary Expo in Canterlot has a wide assortment of exotic food and recipe.” She replied.

“Wow, thanks a lot Twilight. I know what I’m having for dinner tonight.”

“Hey! Let's party at Fluttershy's new cottage!” Pinkie Pie shouted randomly.

“A party? For me?” Fluttershy muttered in disbelief.

“Well yeah! To celebrate your recovery and your new cottage!” the hyperactive pony replied.

“Oh my… you don’t have to do this Pinkie Pie, I mean…”

Pinkie Pie put a hoof over Fluttershy's mouth. “Look, I am a pony on a mission.” She said with an intense look on her face. “My mission is to make the most fun, awesome, unforgettable, and amazing parties for my friends, and I will make you attend my party one way or another. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?” She yelled out the last part.

Fluttershy gulped nervously. “Oh dear… I suppose it's alright…” She replied.

Pinkie Pie smiled brightly when she heard that. “GREAT! Come on everypony, Gummy and Angel are waiting at the cottage.” She hopped away cheerfully, followed by everypony else.


“Wow…” Bruce muttered in awe.

Princess Celestia didn't say anything about creating three stories high wooden cabin the size of the Golden Oak Library. The Cabin has six trees growing from the base of it and surrounded the cabin like a beautiful flower petal. Tree Houses are built on each one of the trees, making it a perfect place for many kinds of wild animals.

“Oh my… I don't know what to say…” Fluttershy whispered with tears of happiness rolling down her face.

“Do you like it?” Twilight asked with a hopeful expression on her face.

“I love it! I just don't think I deserve this…” She replied, walking towards the cabin in awe. She looked up and saw hundreds of birds perching on the branches of the trees, welcoming her to her new home. "It's beautiful... I don't know what to say..."

“Of course you deserve it, darling, I designed this cabin for you and all of your pets.” Rarity said proudly.

Bruce narrowed his eyes in confusion. “But I thought Princess Celestia made this?” He asked in confusion.

Twilight looked down for a moment before sighing. “She was going to build the cabin, but I was so guilty for destroying it in the first place. We decided to spend two months building this place.” She replied. Then she chuckled to herself. "Of course, I can't build this cabin on my own so I asked everypony else for help."

“Celestia did a number on you didn't she?” Bruce asked with a knowing expression on his face. She just nodded quietly before staring longingly at a distance. "You're still her student right?" He asked her again.

Twilight nodded before sighing. "But not the most faithful one..."

Bruce put a hand over Twilight's mane and gave her a comforting smile. "Don't worry about it too much Twilight. I'm sure you'll earn her trust someday." Then a mischievous smirk appeared on his face. "Besides! Isn't worrying causes this whole mess in the first place? All the more reason to not worry!"

A small smile grew on the Unicorn's face before she looked back at Bruce. "Thanks, Bruce, now come on. I have something to show you.

With that, they walked towards the cabin and opened the door, revealing a huge living room filled with hundreds of woodland creatures. “Should've seen this one coming…” The human muttered. The living room is a huge open space filled with dozens of small critter houses in every corner and a huge round table at the middle of them.

About a hundred of different creatures stood in front of the entrance. From small rodents to a huge bear, they smiled and welcomed the Pegasus with a party hat on top of their head.

Bruce watched in amusement when Fluttershy lunged towards a certain white bunny in excitement. “Angel!” she shouted, hugging the bunny in relief.

“Well, thanks to a bunch everyone but I want nuggets for dinner. So…” Bruce walked back towards the entrance, only to have Twilight teleporting in front of him.

“Where do you think you're going? Your house is up there!” She said, pointing at the ceiling.

First, the human cocked his head to the side in confusion. Then, he looked up while trying to understand what she’s talking about. Finally, a look of shocking revelation spread across his face, and Bruce Gunderson stood petrified in disbelief.

“It was Princess Luna’s idea.” Twilight added while waiting for Bruce’s head to reboot.

“I-I wha lyf fls uh?” He failed to complete a sentence.

Thankfully Twilight seems pretty adept in gibberish language. “Yes, Princess Luna already informed you and Fluttershy about this in one of your dreams. Unfortunately, human’s nature is that they always forget about their dreams the second they woke up.”

Fluttershy put down Angel Bunny and walked towards him. “Umm, I'm sorry… if you… Don't want to stay with me… But it was Princess Luna's order…” she said nervously.

Bruce does not have the heart to tell her that he cannot live with woodland animals. “Sure, I'm going to check on my room. You have fun down here.” He said, pressing his hand against his head.

He walked upstairs and found himself standing in a corridor. A bunch of doors lined up at the side of corridors, most of them are labeled 'empty'. Bruce walked through the corridor and saw a door labeled 'BG' at the end of it. "A room of my own... Wonder what we talk in my dream..." He muttered.

Bruce's breath hitched the second he opened the door. “How did she know?” A nice cozy room with an ocean blue bed overlooking a round window welcomed him when he stepped into the room. A wooden desk with all of his projects rested on top of it stood on the side of the room. Bruce can feel waves after waves of emotions rolling off him. "Th-this is... this is my old room..."

'Bzzt' A certain pony teleported right behind him. “Do you… like it?” Twilight asked.

The human looked back and embraced the unicorn into a hug. “Yes, yes it's perfect… I don’t know what crazy magic you did, and I don’t care. I love it.”

She hugged him back with a relieved smile on her face. “Princess Luna designed this room after she visited you in your dream,” Twilight said.

Bruce was going to ask her about what Princess Luna saw in his dream, but decided against it. “Well Twilight, if you have any doubts about making it up for us, just remember that you’ve made me happier than I’ve ever felt in a long time.”

Twilight smiled in happiness before taking out a small paper from her saddlebag. “Here, sign this so I can finish my test.” She held a small letter of apology in her mouth and a quill floating beside her.

Bruce chuckled in amusement before signing the paper. “There, you’re forgiven. Now go, enjoy the party.” She nodded and walked out of his room.


A few days later…

Deep inside the Everfree Forest, a Pegasus walked through the darkness. With little bunny perched on her head and a basket full of fruits, she traverses warily through the forest. She knew it is unwise to travel alone in the Everfree Forest, but she would do anything to help an animal in need. Even if it means risking her own life.

A clattering of woods stopped her in her path. She looked around warily as her wings clamped shut in fear. “Wh-who's there?” She whispered in fear. A low growling voice came from the woods, and a pack of wooden beasts surrounded her from all sides. “Timberwolves....” She whispered in terror.

The wolf inched closer and closer towards her, baring their wooden teeth menacingly. Fluttershy embraced the bunny close to her chest as closed her eyes in acceptance.

A loud mechanical whirring echoes through the air. Followed by booming footsteps of a mechanical giant. A robot, covered with vines and dirt ran towards the Timberwolves. It raised its iron fist and ‘crash’ it destroyed one of the Timberwolves in one hit.

Another wooden beast tried to sneak up on it, but the robot took out its submachine gun and start shredding the Timberwolf with numerous amount of bullet.

Another one of them managed to sneak up on the robot and start biting down its head, only to have its wooden teeth shattered in a matter of seconds. Bastion grabbed the Timberwolf from his head and threw it at the other Timberwolves.

The rest of the wolves took the hint and ran away to the forest.

Fluttershy dared to open her eyes and saw Bastion holding out its mechanical hand for her. She warily took its hand, and the robot put her on its shoulder. She watched the pile of woods and twigs below her in surprise. “Y-you saved us... Th-thank you...” She said gratefully. The robot nodded as they walked through the forest in peace.

After about ten minutes of walking through the forest, they finally made it towards the Cabin. Bastion gently put Fluttershy near the doorstep and deactivated himself in front of the entrance. The Pegasus realized that it’s almost dawn, so she decided to go in before Bruce realized she was missing.

However, the door opened before she can open it, revealing Bruce Gunderson looking at her with a relieved expression on his face. “There you are Fluttershy! Where have you been and...” His words faltered when he saw Bastion standing beside the doorstep. “Hey you found him!” he said, walking towards the robot in curiosity.

“Umm, I’m going to make breakfast...” Fluttershy said, walking into the house in a hurry.

“I already made some; you can have the cakes and salad if you still don’t want to try the nuggets,” Bruce replied without taking his eyes off of the robot.

“Thank you... No one ever made me breakfast before...” Fluttershy replied in surprise.

Bruce just chuckled in response. “Well, you lived alone for quite a while. Of course, no one cooked you breakfast,” he said.

“Thank you, really...” Fluttershy said once again before stepping into her cabin.


The next day, Bruce is tinkering with a small digital camera. He tried to find a way to charge the battery without having to utilize the Crystallized Singularity. He looked around him, and his eyes lingered on a single desk lamp standing innocently on top of his desk.

He inspected it for a moment, trying to find the source of its power. A few minutes later, he saw a small device stuck inside the lamp that seems to generate electricity. "Huh..." He took the device out of the lamp and tried to connect it to his digital camera. It worked, and an amazed grin appeared on Bruce's face. "Wireless Power Technology... and here I thought I live in a primitive world."

With that, he brought his camera out of his room for a test run. He left his room and quickly ran through the corridor. When he walked downstairs, he saw Fluttershy standing in front of Rainbow Dash outside the house. A small grin slowly appeared on the human's face. He opened the door and sneaked outside the cabin.

Bruce carefully hid behind some bushes and turned on his camera. He aimed the camera at the two Pegasus standing amidst some woodland critters. "Jackpot..." He whispered to himself.

“Now, Rainbow, my dear, I cannot express my delight...” Fluttershy sang in a beautiful melodic voice. “Perfect Timing...” Bruce muttered with a mischievous smirk on his face as he pushed the record button on his camera.

“It’s abundantly clear. That somewhere out there. Is a pet that’ll suits you just right.” She sang in excitement.

‘Please let Rainbow Dash sing too, please oh please let her sing too...’ Bruce thought, thinking of how awesome it’ll be if both of them have a duet.

“I can't wait to get started, but first let me set a few rules.” Rainbow Dash replied in a matching tone.

‘Yes! Oh, this is amazing!’ They both sang back and forth while looking through many animals to become Rainbow Dash’s pet. Bruce himself chuckled at how determined the Tortoise is to become Rainbow Dash’s pet.

Long story short, Bruce got a music video worthy of a million views.

“The Perfect Pet for Me!” They all sang at the same time. "And may the best pet win!" RD said before she flew away to prepare for the contest. Bruce smirked to himself and turned around.

“Hi Bruce, I didn’t realize you were here,” Fluttershy said just a few inches behind the human.

“Whoa! Holy hell!” he shouted in surprise. “You scared me...” Bruce muttered.

Fluttershy looked down guiltily. "Oh I'm sorry, I don't mean to startle you. Then she noticed the digital camera in Bruce’s hand. “Bruce, what’s that in your hand?” She asked.

Bruce sneakily took out the wireless power receiver and gave the camera to Fluttershy. “It’s a device used to make flashes of light. But it’s broken.” He replied, watching in amusement as Fluttershy inspected the device with her oversized hoofs.

“Oh, I hope you'll fix it. By the way, Rainbow Dash is having a pet contest in the park. Would you like to come with us?” Fluttershy asked, giving back Bruce the camera.

Bruce nodded and pocketed the camera. “Sure, why not... Let’s go!” He said, hoping he can sneak a few photos for his gallery.


Animals are lined up for competition. Rainbow Dash swooped in and start drilling them like a World War II sergeant. “Dibs on the second winner!” Bruce said, watching the competitors in interest.

Twilight looked at him questioningly. “You want a pet too?” She asked.

“Sure, but I’m bad at making decisions, so I’ll take whoever got the second place,” Bruce replied smoothly.

Suddenly, Fluttershy came floating in with the tortoise in her hand. She put it on the ground and gently cleaned its shell.

“Seriously Fluttershy? The turtle?” Rainbow Dash asked incredulously. “What did you bring him here for?” RD looked at the Tortoise and shook his head.

“Technically he’s a tortoise. And he always wanted to be somepony’s pet.” Fluttershy said.

“Five bits the Tortoise become his pet,” Bruce said with a knowing smirk on his face.

“Make it ten,” Twilight replied challengingly.

The human and the unicorn shake hands/hoofs. “It’s a deal!” they both said at the same time.

No sooner, after that, Rainbow Dash brought everyone to the racetracks. Bruce carefully took out his camera and start shooting from afar. “Everypony ready? Get set...” RD blew the whistle, and almost all animal shoots off like a bullet.

“That Falcon is going to win...” Bruce muttered, looking at how fast the Falcon is moving.

“Oh, I thought the tortoise is going to win.” Twilight taunted, appearing right beside the human hiding behind the bushes.

“I didn’t say anything about it winning a race.” Bruce retort.

The Unicorn suddenly realized that Bruce is fiddling with a rectangular object in his hand. “What is that? Some sort of...” Twilight’s eyes widened as she telekinetically took the digital camera out of Bruce’s grasp.

“Hey! I’m using that...”

“Camera, a small high-technology portable camera!” Twilight said in excitement.

“Yeah, now if you’ll excuse me I...”

“Wait, is that Fluttershy?” Twilight muttered, somehow managing to browse through the gallery.

“Give me that!” the camera flew out of Bruce’s reach.

“I know she can sing, but I didn’t know she can sing that well...”

Suddenly a flash of realization appeared in Twilight’s head. “Wait... You’re spying on her?!” She asked narrowing her eyes towards the human.

“Whoa! Hey, I’m going to use it as my private collection only. You’re the one who’s intruding to my business.” Bruce replied.

Twilight shook her head and returned the camera. “Would you, tell me how it works?” She asked, curious of how the human technology worked.

“Sure, but we should probably wait until Rainbow Dash find the perfect pet.”


Next is the agility part of the competition. Most of the smaller animals are winning on this one while the larger one struggles to compete. “Too bad the Tortoise can’t fly,” Twilight said, earning a disgruntled sigh from Bruce.

“Oh just you wait Twilight, I’ll show you that my theory is correct.” He said.

“What theory?” Twilight asked in interest.

“That your world operates on Laser-Guided Karma,” Bruce replied.

Twilight can’t help but chuckle when she heard that. “I guess you’re right, but I still can’t see the connection between that and the tortoise winning.” She said.

Bruce just shrugged in response. “Well, if the Falcon or the Eagle won, Rainbow Dash wouldn’t learn the true meaning of having a pet.” He replied easily.

Twilight’s eyes widened when she heard that. “You’re right! At the end of the day, we all have to learn a lesson and...” She looked at Bruce with a deadpan expression on her face.

Ten bits flew out of her saddlebag and straight into Bruce’s pocket.

“Pleasure doing business with you Twilight Sparkle.” The human said, smirking at her.
“Don’t get smug.” The unicorn retorted.

Finally, it is the coolness competition. Rarity gladly took the photos for RD and her pets.

“Wow, that one with the owl is golden,” Bruce commented, looking at how cute and nerdy Rainbow Dash is with glasses and piles of books.

“How did Rarity made her wear that?” Twilight commented.

“Beats me, by the way, can you all wait here for a moment? I wanna grab something.” Bruce said before running away from the park.

“What is that sound?” Rarity said, covering her ears as mechanical whirls and sounds of huge footsteps echoes through the air.

“WOW!! IT'S BASTION!” Rainbow Dash exclaimed, flying away from the stage towards Bastion before Rarity could take a picture.

Everypony cringed and looked in a mixture of fear and awe as Bastion walked towards them with Bruce sitting on his shoulder. “Hey, Rarity! You mind getting a picture of us?” Bruce shouted from the top of the iron structure.

“Oh my! W-well, I suppose there’s no harm in getting a couple of pictures.” Rarity said, before preparing herself for a photo unlike any other. She lined up her camera towards the robot and took a picture.

“Okay, thanks!” Bruce said, jumping off of Bastion before motioning the robot to go back home.

“Wow, well that was a bit anti-climactic,” Twilight commented.

“Wanna make an actual climax?” Bruce asked challengingly.

Twilight smirked and walked on to the stage. “You are so on!”

Bruce followed her on to the stage, and they stared intensely at each other’s eyes. “Oh! This is amazing!” Rarity exclaimed before putting up the fog effect and light decoration to the stage.

A second after Rarity took a photo, Bruce took out an empty gun hidden beside his waist and lunged towards Twilight. The unicorn stopped Bruce in mid-air with her telekinetic power. Then she erected a shield, creating an epic image of a standstill between Bruce and Twilight.

“Gasp! That is absolutely marvelous!” Rarity gasped before taking a couple more shots.

Twilight let go of Bruce and levitated a rock the size of a football. The rock soared towards the human and Bruce leaned backward to dodge it. The rock froze in midair with Bruce inches below it to give Rarity a chance to take a picture. "Oh yes!" Rarity exclaimed.

The rock moved again, and Bruce did a back flip to dodge a volley of pebbles. He and the rocks froze in midair. “I think that’s climactic enough...” Bruce muttered before Twilight let go of him.

“You’re right, now where were we?” She muttered to herself. Looking at Rarity who's at the edge of her consciousness.

“The radicalness parts of my competition, remember?” Rainbow Dash complained when Bruce and Twilight just took the spotlight away from her.


After a few talent show, Rainbow Dash and the critters stood bravely in front of a huge chasm.

Bruce whistled at the sight of it before taking a picture with his camera. “To think she would go this far...” He muttered in amusement.

“You think this is where your Laser-Guided Karma theory does its magic?” Twilight asked, curious if his theory is true.

“Absolutely!” Bruce replied confidently.

Rainbow Dash started the race through the chasm while everypony else waited at the finish line.

“You hear that?” Bruce said, after hearing the sound of rumbling coming from the chasm.

“Sounds like Karma,” Twilight replied with a smirk on her face.

“Now we’re talking. I’ll make a genre savvy out of you yet!” the human said, electing a look of confusion from the unicorn.

After a few minutes of waiting, the Falcon swept through the finish line.

“And we have a winner!” Bruce said, walking towards the Falcon with a proud smile on his face. The other animals followed shortly after, with only Rainbow Dash and the tortoise missing.

“Where’s Rainbow Dash?” Fluttershy exclaimed.

Twilight took out her binoculars to look out for her. “I hope Karma doesn’t hit her too hard...” She muttered.

Soon, everyone could see the Tortoise carrying Rainbow Dash on its back. “Now that is a picture worth a million words...” Bruce said, taking a picture of Rainbow Dash sitting on top of the Tortoise.

“Maybe we should meet them halfway.” Twilight said, getting a bit impatient.

They all moved the finish line closer to them before celebrating their victory. “I think it’s pretty clear who won the competition,” Bruce commented, looking at the Falcon who stood proudly on Rainbow Dash’s back.

He laughed in amusement at the look on the Falcon’s face after hearing who’s the real winner are. “Well, I guess you’re stuck with me Skywalker. Yeah, that’s your new name.” Bruce said, walking towards the Falcon with a smirk on his face.

The Falcon looked reluctant at first, but Bruce whispered something to it, and it perched itself on Bruce’s shoulder without complaints.

“What did you say to him?” Fluttershy asked, curious of how fast Bruce tamed the Falcon.

“I told him I’m not gonna force him to eat carrots anymore.” Bruce replied easily.

Fluttershy can do nothing but sigh in acceptance. “Well, he is a predator...” She said. Then she looked at Rainbow Dash rubbing her nose against the Tortoise.

“Rainbow Dash, don’t you want a pet that can fly, so it won’t get you grounded?” Fluttershy asked. RD thought about it for a second before a brilliant idea popped into her head.


Bruce and his pony friends walked into the park with each of their respective pets. “Come on Tank! You don’t want to be late for our first pony pet play date! Don't you?” RD said excitedly as a Tortoise with Helicopter Blades strapped on its back came floating towards them.

Bruce took out his camera and took one last photo. “She made that thing?” Bruce muttered, impressed by the solar magic powered helicopter blades.

“I helped her made it.” Twilight said from right beside me.

Bruce just sighed and watched as Skywalker soar through the sky with a surveillance cam strapped to its chest. “Good boy Skywalker! Now go and find some blackmail materials!” Bruce said, earning a playful hoof punch from Twilight.

“That’s not very nice!” She said as Skywalker floated above them with the camera aimed right towards them.

“The Pony beside me is the top priority!” Bruce added as Skywalker took a photo of Twilight comically attacking the human.