• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 6,435 Views, 235 Comments

My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest pegasus alive - Kaliann25



The Flash arrives to Equestria and turns into a pegasus

  • ...
23
 235
 6,435

Race 24

Race 24: Reverse to your old self!

Reverse Dash looked up from the grimy streets of the abandoned industrial section of Canterlot. It was one versus four, the hard way. Reverse didn't care about the odds; the object of her hatred was literally staring her in the face. She couldn't kill this one; making her suffer would be much more satisfying.

Forged in the crucible of Nightmare Moon's cruelty, it was hard for Reverse to remember when exactly she stopped actively resisting and just stopped caring. The Nightmare had used any reason, real or imaginary to justify her tormenting Reverse Dash. Somewhere along the line, the pegasus had stopped even trying to play along. Little things like uniform violations graduated to bigger things like following orders literally, until the Nightmare finally decided that the abuse no longer amused her.

Reverse would never forget her rebirth. The Nightmare started with her ridiculous speech.

"First you question my legitimate right to the throne, then you prove to be worse than useless. You serve at my pleasure, and I am not longer pleased. Allow me to grant you early retirement. Your service, and you, are hereby terminated."

With those words, Nightmare electrocuted Reverse with near-divine lightning and left the broken pegasus to die in a puddle of potions and chemicals. With that act, the mare who had been Rainbow Dash had been reborn as Reverse Dash.

Reverse had been so full of hope when she first met Rainbow Dash. She thought she'd finally met the kindred spirt she had so fervently prayed for, a mare broken at the hooves of an insane alicorn. Surely, this was a fellow penitent, earning absolution by eradicating the multiverse of the alicorn menace.

She was sickened to discover that her counterpart was not only a protector of those abominations, but also a close friend. This version believed in the fiction of good versus evil. This version had friends she could rely on. This version was the pathetic weakling that Reverse knew she had to destroy. This version had to learn the same harsh lesson that had been beaten into Reverse; the only one she could count on, the only one she could care about, was herself. This version now revised Reverse's life mission. Elimination of alicorns was priority one; molding all her alternates in her own image was priority two.

Reverse fumed as she eyed her opposition. The archer and the screamer posed as much threat to her as did a ponyquin. Her doppelganger could be easily distracted. The one in red was the real threat. As new as she was to her powers, she could easily tell that he was too fast to outrun, too smart to outwit, too strong to break.

"YOU CHEATER!!" shouted Reverse to Rainbow. "THIS ISN'T FAIR! YOU DON'T DESERVE TO HAVE A TEACHER LIKE THAT! HOW IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE TO HAVE SOMEPONY ELSE LIKE US?!"

The Dash glared at her reverse. "It doesn't matter, Reverse. What matters is that this ends now!"

Reverse Dash screamed in anger and launched herself at Rainbow Dash. The latter hooked her foreleg around Reverse's outstretched limb and spun her toward the Flash. The scarlet speedster slammed the tumbling pegasus to the ground.

As she wiped the blood from her mouth, Reverse Dash expressed her displeasure in terms that would have dismayed her parents.

She glared at her opponents: two masked vigilantes, two speedsters. She fumed, "This can't be happening! Heroes are always too busy protecting everyone to actually help each other! What is going on!?"

"You don't get it, do you?" asked Dash. "There are a lot of things more powerful than the Speed Force. I am loyal to my friends; my friends are loyal to me."

Coldly, the Flash added. "Rainbow Dash would never leave a friend hanging; we're returning the favor."

Reverse's eyes flashed red with anger, and she launched herself at the two speedsters.

Flash and Dash flew line abreast, twenty-five meters apart, forcing Reverse to choose between the two of them as they charged toward her.

Reverse continued flying toward the two until the broke toward her. She dove into a split-S, screaming toward the Canary, who was ascending via fire escape to join the Arrow on the rooftop. She knew she only had a fraction of a second to kill the Canary; it would take that long for her opponents to recover from their near-collision.

To Reverse's surprise, the Canary stepped onto a balcony and waited with her bo staff at the ready.

Heretofore unnoticed, concussion arrows detonated beside her head, temporarily blinding and deafening her. The Canary's cry slammed her to the ground.

Reverse bounced once before Rainbow Dash bucked her onto the wall of a building. Rainbow shouted, "That was for Starlight!"

Reverse spread her wings to break her fall. They were then pinned by a pair of arrows. "That was for my friends in the Solar Guard," said the Arrow, calmly.

As the evil speedster tried to free herself, another sonic blast slammed into her, forcing her back onto the wall while destroying her sense of balance. The Flash and the Dash hovered ten meters away when another concussion arrow detonated on the ground at Reverse's hind hooves.

“And that, was for my friends from the Lunar Guard." said the Arrow, again, calmly.

The Reverse Dash tore herself from the wall. The humiliation of her defeat hurt far worse than her rapidly-healing wounds.

"YOU CHEATERS!" raged Reverse. "YOU HAVE NO RIGHT TO WIN!!"

The Dash looked calmly at her reverse. "We told you; this ends today."

Reverse glared at her opponents, sizing them up. There was nothing she could use to distract them. There was no avenue of retreat they could not block. There was no way to attack them without leaving herself vulnerable. There was only one move left.

Reverse Dash closed her wings and looked down. "You win. I'll go back where I came from."

The Dash nodded. "And don't ever come back."

Reverse glared at her counterpart. Multi-colored, miniature lightning bolts coursed around her body. She lauched herself straight upward; the tiny, rainbow-colored, shock collar marked the portal through which she escaped.

"She gave up? Just like that?" asked the Arrow.

"Of course not," said the Dash, frowning. "Knowing me, it'll only take a few seconds to get over this defeat and attack again."

"We'd better hurry, then," said the Flash.

Dash nodded as she touched her earpiece, activating the transmitter. "Twilight, Cisco, do you hear me?"

"Loud and clear, Rainbow!"

"She'll show up any second now. I need you to be ready."

"Understood. Everypony, to your positions, NOW!"

Dash cut the transmission and nodded to her friends.

"This was the easy part. Are you ready for the real fight?"

The Canary nodded and then mounted Rainbow's back.

"I am. Be gentle, please"

The Arrow groaned as he did the same to the Flash. "I know I'm going to regret this.”

The Flash winked an eye at his old friend. "I'm glad you can join us."

"When this finishes, you must help me to get away from my aunts."

Flash nodded, and then, he turned to the Canary.

"Hey! I asked Cisco to make you a machine like he made from our friend Laurel, my world's Black Canary."

"Thank you, darling. My throat will appreciate it." Rarity smiled, closing her eyes. "I'm ready, Rainbow Dash."

The two speedsters exchanged a quick look before flying to the Castle of Friendship, accelerating at a slow but steady rate, hoping to arrive before the Reverse Dash, hoping their masked companions would keep their lunches.

Reverse Dash streaked through the sky like a meteor; her aura was red hot with anger. This was impossible! Her super speed let her do whatever she wanted. There was nothing, nopony, fast enough to stop her until now. There was no way she could forgive or forget this humiliation. How could these pathetic excuses for ponies defeat her?

To care was to be weak. Friends were just an avenue of attack, a distraction from what really mattered. How dare her other self to use these so-called bonds of friendship to save the ponies she cared about?

The ghost of her past again haunted her. This damned mare was what she used to be, back before the Nightmare came. This was not the way life was supposed to work. This weak, pathetic excuse for a pony did not deserve success, did not deserve friends, did not deserve happiness!

Reverse located her objective, the skylight in the Castle of Friendship. Gritting her teeth, she performed her speed boost.

"This is not over, yet. THIS ISN'T OVER!!"

In the throne room in the Castle of Friendship, where Starlight Glimmer had fallen, the trap had been set. Two streaks of color entered through the skylight, resolving themselves into the Dash and the Flash. Their masked passengers seemed none the worse for wear as they turned to the sudden source of heat.

"What are you two doing here?" demanded Celestia, glaring at the vigilantes at the speedsters' backs.

The Arrow rolled his eyes, as he dismounted and returned his aunt's glare.

"Are you really that petty? The fate of Equestria is on the line; Reverse Dash will be here any second now."

The Cutie Map showed a black lightning bolt speeding toward the Castle of Friendship.

"He's right; she's about to get here!" announced Cisco.

"Huh, that was fast!” mumbled Dash.

Flash grinned grimly. "Good one!"

The Reverse Dash came through the skylight as before, looking around furiously as she landed.

"Hey!" Pinkie Pie called.

The Reverse Dash glared at her. So that's where her other goggles went!

"What?!"

"Smile Dashie!!” said the cheerful pink mare, taking a picture with a portrait camera.

The flash blinded the Reverse Dash, who groaned in annoyance. She backed away as she attempted to blink away the spots in her eyes.

Twilight telekinetically launched a crystal at Reverse's hooves. The Arrow shot it with a broadhead, releasing the freezing spell within. Reverse Dash was now standing on a sheet of ice, as she discover to her dismay. She slipped, uncontrollably sliding into a wall. The bookshelf over her head was jarred loose by the impact and deposited its contents on her.

In the ensuing half second, the Reverse Dash shook her head to recover her senses. Looking arounds, she saw the group from before, less one baby dragon and one dead unicorn. Grimly, she also noted there were two more alicorns, the source of all her problems, including the dark one whom she hated more than anything else.

"You can't win this, Reverse Dash. We're ready for you!"

Twilight shot a magic beam toward the evil speedster. The Reverse Dash grinned as she simply tilted her head to let it pass harmlessly. Twilight returned the grin as the beam struck what looked like a fancy crystal sculpture. The crystal exploded in a cloud that rapidly sucked away the heat.

Reverse gasped in surprise when she felt her feathers develop a thin coat of ice. Dash tackled her, pinning her against a wall.

"I'm not gonna let you hurt any of my friends!"

Pegasus resistance to the elements came to the fore as Reverse shivered at super speed to shatter the ice that threatened to sap her strength. Planting her rear hooves against Rainbow's belly, she bucked her nemesis away.

"We will see about that!"

She escaped through the skylight in a streak of light.

"She's going to do the speed boost!" warned Dash as she went to pursue her other self.

"I'll cover you!" said Flash, going after his student.

As the other combatants caught their breaths, Cisco's voice came over the loudspeaker hidden in the throne room. "That sounded pretty intense. I'm going to patch in Flash's and Dash's audio."


The Reverse Dash zoom climbed, trading speed for altitude, making her Immelmann turn easier. As she turned toward the castle, she saw two streaks of light coming straight at her, blocking her way. She tried to move around, but whichever way she went, one would follow, denying her a clear path to her objective.

"Fine then!"

She charged toward the red and golden streak, determined to punch through.

"YOU!"

The Flash had faced down more experienced speedsters, more determined speedsters. A brute force attack like this was easily countered. Instead of dodging, he grappled with the other pegasus, doing a pair spin like a skater.

Reverse Dash raged at the hero in red.

"It's all your fault! If it weren't for you, I'd have killed another one of her friends easily!"

"Why? Why do you need to beat her so badly? What are you really after, Reverse Dash?"

"I'm gonna erase my past. What's it to you?"

The Flash frowned. "Nothing good comes from trying to change the past. I've tried before."

As Reverse struggled against the hold, she noticed something; the Flash wasn't using his wings in the fight. She braked the spin by opening her wings and flung the Flash into the oncoming Dash. The two collided with a dull thud as Reverse made her escape.

"DAMN!" complained Dash.

"Urgh,'" said Flash, rubbing his nose.

They looked down. A small rainbow ring marked where Reverse had used her speed boost.

"Oh, no, you don't!" said Flash, flying after her.

The Reverse Dash looked back. She gasped when she realized that Flash was closing the gap.

"WHAT?"

"Rainbow already told you. I'm the fastest pegasus alive." smiled the Flash.

Then, she looked at a small rainbow-colored explosion behind the Flash, and she saw her other self, instantly getting a speed boost as well.

"No!!" shouted the Reverse Dash.

"Anything you can do, I can do better." said the Dash.

The evil speedster frowned, but then, she got an idea.

"Fine then!"

Reverse dove into a screaming split-S. A rainbow ring marked where she used her speed boost on the recovery.

"No, wait!" shouted the Flash.

But it was too late; she turned into a blur, even for the speedsters.

"No, I won't let you hurt anypony!" shouted Dash, trying to do the same move.

"NO!!" screamed the Flash as he held the Dash back.

"But Barry!"

"Look at her lightning!" shouted Flash.

The tiny bolts coursing through Reverse's body were no longer multi-colored; they were now entirely blue. Rainbow Dash shivered as the relived Barry's memories. This was the sign of an overboost.

"One more of those, and she'll be history."

Dash gulped as she watched the blur enter the castle. She exchanged a look with the Flash, and the two of them went after Reverse.

Reverse was now travelling faster than she had ever gone. Once inside the castle, everypony looked like a statue to her. She had time for one, or perhaps two victims before her speed boost wore off. She had to choose wisely.

The choice was obvious.

Celestia and Luna suddenly felt a powerful impact that sent them into the wall. The only thing that saved them from certain death was the shield spell they had specially modified to resist a high speed attack. The force of the blow, however, was enough to leave them stunned.

With a maniacal grin, Reverse took two knives from her wings, and she threw them at the princesses.

This time, Dash appeared right on time, easily catching the handles in her mouth.

Reverse cackled maniacally, as tiny blue lightning bolts coursed around her body. She prepared for one more boost.

A sudden, loud voice caught Reverse’s attention. It was a shock to everypony; rarely was it louder than a whisper. "Rainbow Danger Dash!"

Reverse looked at the source of the voice. Her gaze locked with Fluttershy's. The speedster hovered, unable to do anything else.

Fluttershy commanded. "You stay right there!" Reverse complied, compelled by the Stare.

Applejack bucked a pile of crystals around the speedster. Twilight and the Canary detonated them with their magic, encasing Reverse in ice.

"It's over!" said Rainbow. "GIRLS, NOW!"

"But we can't do it without Rarity!" called Twilight.

"I'm right here, darling." said the Rarity.

Everypony turned to the voice. The fashionista stood beside a neatly folded stack of clothing.

"HOW?" the others Bearers shouted in unison.

Rainbow repeated. "NOW!!"

Reverse Dash used to think that the Speed Force was the most powerful thing in the multiverse. She now witnessed the full power of Harmony. The rainbow beam ravaged her mercilessly as it hid her from view. Nopony witnessing the event would ever forget her scream.

Author's Note:

So, the fight is over. There’s only one more chapter remain, a closure for Reverse and the definite return of Barry and his friends. I hope you like it and,

Read ya’ later!!