• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 6,423 Views, 235 Comments

My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest pegasus alive - Kaliann25



The Flash arrives to Equestria and turns into a pegasus

  • ...
23
 235
 6,423

Race 16

Race 16: Sonic Rainboom!

Fluttershy was flying, slowly and sadly, going back home from her job at the cloud factory, alongside her brother. The never-ending night mirrored her mood. The siblings were grateful that their father had gotten them the job, but neither Zephyr nor Fluttershy took any joy in it. They were more than qualified, and the money was decent, but nothing could ease the overwhelming feeling of wrongness they felt every time they set hoof within. It was as though destiny were calling -- elsewhere.

The coronation of Queen Nightmare Mood had marked the end of happiness. There was no joy to be found in night eternal. It mattered not where she went; depression followed with the tenacity of a pit bull.

A sickeningly familiar voice called, “Hey, it’s Fluttershy!"

Fluttershy, as always, held her tears. As they had done every night since the queen's coronation, her childhood bullies had come to torment her.

“Fluttershy, Fluttershy! Fluttershy can’t really fly!”

Fluttershy hurried to her home in order to escape. It was always the same chant, and no matter how many times she heard it, still hurt. This night, as she had on more than she cared to remember, she wept in her solitary apartment, alone, unloved. Such was her life.

This time, something different happened. A very familiar voice came out of nowhere, and called the bullies.

“Hey you! How many times do I have to tell you?! Leave my friend alone!”

One by one, the bullies turned around. Rainbow Dash? They haven’t seen her since the emissaries from the new queen came to recruit all the strong pegasi. Nopony thought they would see her again, especially after they heard the rumors about how she killed the dark alicorn. They didn’t believe the story; in fact, they though it was Nightmare Moon who had killed Rainbow Dash. Now that they saw the pegasus in question, their faith wavered.

“Ehem, hi Rainbow Dash,” said Hoops with a smile. “This . . . this is not what it seems!”

“So, you weren’t upsetting my friend?” asked the Reverse Dash, with a devilish grin.

“No, this is just fun between old friends, right Fluttershy?” asked the bully, looking at the crying pegasus.

Before Fluttershy could say a word, a multi-colored streak of light surrounded him, and before anypony could respond, he was lying dead, in front of his friends. The Speed Queen’s grin grew wider.

“Now is time for you to escape, right?” mocked the speedster.

The bullies flew away as fast as they could in opposite directions. Reverse Dash yawned, and counted: one second, two seconds, three, four, five.

“READY OR NOT, HERE I COME!”

Fluttershy cried in fear as she watched the streak of light surround the two pegasi. The yellow pegasus covered her eyes, but she still heard the screams of fear and pain from the two bullies. Finally, Fluttershy felt a gust of air right behind her, followed by a kind voice.

“Hey, are you okay, Fluttershy?”

Fluttershy turned to see her friend. “What happened to you, Rainbow Dash? What did Nightmare do to you?!”

Reverse Dash’s eyes sparkled in anger, but the Speed Queen managed to control herself for her friend’s sake. “Well, let’s just say that when she tried to kill me, she gave me these amazing powers. I just had to return the favor, except for the powers part. An experience like this can mark you for life, turning you into the reverse of your former self.”

The Speed Queen cackled evilly. Fluttershy shrank in fear, making Reverse Dash to stop.

“What are you doing here, Rainbow Dash?” asked Fluttershy weakly.

Reverse shrugged. “Well, now that I've consolidated my Kingdom, it's time for me to lay these rumors to rest. I’ve erased all the alicorns from existence, and Equestria now belongs to the Speed Queen. Still, I need someone I can trust. I need my best friend by my side. I know how hard it’s been for you, Fluttershy. We can go back to how we used to be, partners, best friends, forever and ever. What do you say? Want to come to live with me, away from the life you hate, in my new castle? It's the least I can do for you, the only one who always stood with me, before Nightmare Moon tore us apart.”

Reverse’s tone was kind. Right now, the Reverse Dash sounded almost like the Rainbow Dash Fluttershy remembered. Fluttershy was no fool, though; she knew that her friend turned into something truly dangerous. She knew if she upset the Speed Queen, she would share the bullies' fate.

“I would love to, Rainbow Dash! Oh, I have so much to tell you, old friend!” said Fluttershy with a fake smile.

“Same here, Flutters, same here.”

Fluttershy was uneasy at her front-row seat to history in the making. True to her word, she stayed at the Speed Queen's side, offering comfort and support as Reverse Dash conducted her victory tour of Equestria.


Official reports of Nightmare Moon's defeat had initially been met with cheers. However, the lingering darkness quashed any hope that Celestia had returned triumphant. Rumors of a murderous, super-fast pegasus spread like wildfire.

Ponies came to Canterlot from all corners of Equestria in response to the summons. The entire city was decked out for a party. At the appointed hour, a grand military review began. Legions of soldiers marched in formation, displaying their gloss black armor emblazoned with a cyan lightning bolt. The motif was present on barding, helmets and shields. The crowd could not help but wonder: whose symbol was that?

The answer came when a golden sky chariot appeared, pulled by six pegasi. The sun and moon emblems had been forcibly removed. A gasp rose from the crowd when they saw the remains of Princess Celestia and Nightmare Moon within. Above it all was a cyan pegasus in a black body suit, wearing magenta goggles. They were sickened as the horrendous sight, and the sadistic smile of the pegasus.

Triumphant, Reverse Dash alighted on a tall platform, especially built for the event, and spread her wings, using them as a sounding board.

“ATTENTION, EVERYPONY! I AM THE ONE WHO KILLED THE MIGHTY ALICORNS! THIS IS A NEW ERA FOR US PONIES, THE ERA OF THE SPEED QUEEN!”

The crowd began to mumble among themselves, terrified of this pony.

But there were also brave ponies who tried to confront the pegasus.

“Celestia brought us the sun, what will you do for us?” asked a unicorn.

Reverse’s ears twitched slightly, and she disappeared in a streak of light. Before the horrified crowd, the unicorn lay dead at the evil speedster’s hooves, back at the platform.

“Anypony else?”

Nopony dared to say anything. The Reverse Dash grinned.

“That’s what I thought, but, hey, WEREN’T YOU PARTYING?!”

The crowd half-heartedly resumed their party to please the psychopathic new Queen. Reverse smiled, satisfied, and turned to her soldiers.

“You continue parading those poor excuses for ponies,” said the speedster, kicking the remaining of both alicorns. “I’m going back home. You guys are too slow for me!”

The soldiers saluted their Queen, and she flew back her new Castle, where Fluttershy was waiting for her.

“Hi Flutters, are you finished unpacking?” asked the pegasus, kindly.

“Ahem, yes Rainbow Dash. How was your parade?”

“Too slow for my taste.” Reverse shrugged. “But, the message is already delivered, and I even got to give a demonstration what happens to those who dare to defy me.”

Fluttershy shivered, and shrank in fear. Reverse's expression softened as she gave Fluttershy a kind smile.

“Sorry, sometimes I forgot you don’t like this new side of me.”

“What happened to you, Rainbow Dash?” cried Fluttershy.

Reverse Dash sighed. “Well, as I said, after Nightmare tried to kill me, I’ve become the reverse of my former self. All my problems started when that stupid alicorn came, brought us the eternal night, and forced me to join her army. Am I forgetting something? Oh, yeah, when she fired me, she threw me out like a piece of garbage and tried to kill me. I've hated alicorns since then.”

“But why?” asked Fluttershy. "Why would she do such a thing?"

“I made one little mistake, and the Nightmare decided she'd had enough of me. She fried me with lightning, throwing me into a shelf full of potions. She left me to die alone."

Fluttershy sobbed.

“I’m so sorry Rainbow Dash! If only, I was a better flyer, she would have recruited me as well, and we could have taken her on together! But now, you’re just . . .”

Rainbow Dash hugged her friend. “No, don’t blame yourself. We’re together now, and I won’t allow anything to get in the way of our friendship, not my resentment, not my new powers. Whatever happens, I will be the same for you, Fluttershy. I failed you the day I allowed the alicorn to take us apart, but now that I have the power, I swear, in the name of the deceased Celestia, we'll be together forever.”

That made Fluttershy shiver again, and Reverse mentally kicked herself. Regardless, now that her best friend was with her, Reverse felt that she could do anything.

Fluttershy was thankful that a little of the old Rainbow Dash still remained. The yellow pegasus changed the subject, trying to reach what was left of her old friend.

“Rainbow, now that you're this fast, I’m sure you would achieve great things, right? Like the Sonic Rainboom?”

Reverse Dash giggled. “Yeah, when we were kids I always said I would do that one day.”

Fluttershy nodded. “But we both know that’s impossible, right?”

Reverse remained silent, as she considered her alternatives. A millisecond later, she shrugged.

“Oh, the good old times. Now that we're together again, we can make tons of new memories together.”

The two of them reminisced on their days as Junior Speedsters. Rainbow Dash had always hated bullies, and Fluttershy had often found herself to be an easy target. Rainbow Dash was quick to protect weak, even if it got her into trouble. She made her point; nopony messed with her friends. How then, could she become the very thing she hated?

“So, remember the day you almost raced for my honor?” asked Fluttershy.

“Yes, we were about to solve things the good old way, but a grownup prevented that we end up fighting.” Reverse Dash sighed. “That day was pretty confusing, but what I do remember, is that I wanted to try an actual Sonic Rainboom.”

Fluttershy nodded as Reverse grinned.

“What is it?” asked Fluttershy.

“I’m gonna do it! For the good times, I’ll try again. Maybe all that stuff of about the Sonic Rainboom is just a myth, but it'll be fun to try. Since I’m the Speed Queen, maybe I can do it.”

Fluttershy smiled, and nodded shyly.

“I would like to see it!”

“Then let’s go! It sounds like fun!”

The two pegasi moved to the roof. Lately, Reverse Dash was impatient, and pressed her new staff to move as fast as they could, even though they had no hope of keeping up with a speedster. Still, she had a soft spot in her heart for Fluttershy, her dearest and only friend, and Reverse would do anything to keep her. Not even Nightmare Moon, who turned her into a super-fast murderer, would change that.

“We’re here. Are you ready?” asked Reverse.

“Sure! Whenever you want, Rainbow Dash,” said the yellow pegasus shyly.

The Reverse Dash smiled at her friend, and extended her wings, allowing tiny multi-colored lightning bolts to run all over her body. Fluttershy smiled, relieved to see Rainbow Dash like that. The more of her former self was there, the more relaxed Fluttershy felt. And, like in the old times, she began to cheer for her friend.

Reverse turned into a streak of light, allowing the wind to run around her, and enjoying how the world around her began to move in slow motion. Part of her newfound powers were to instantly adjust her perceptions to her new speed.

Then, Rainbow Dash moved faster than she had thought possible. She felt herself slipping past the sound barrier, refracting the light around her in multi-colored waves. SHE HAD MADE IT!

The Reverse Dash slowed down, realizing she was over Canterlot. Moving at such speed, it was only logical to find herself into a place like that without noticing. Something was . . . off. Why was the sun still in the sky? Okay, it was true that she hired a very smart unicorn to research the old spell the unicorns used to raise the sun during the pre-alicorn-era, but she couldn’t figure the spell that fast, right?

And there it was, Celestia’s old Palace. Odd, the first thing that Nightmare did when she banished Celestia to the moon, was to destroy it all by herself.

“What’s going on?”

The Reverse Dash hid behind a cloud, and watched the palace carefully. It seemed like there was some activity there. Why?

It was when a blue alicorn, with a mane just like Nightmare’s walked onto a balcony, followed by . . . Celestia?

“What in Tartarus is going on in here?”

At the balcony, Princess Luna examined the sky.

“Sister, is something wrong?” asked Celestia.

“No, I just . . . nothing, I felt somepony staring at me. I must be imagining things.”

“Well, tea is ready. Care to join me, sister?”

“Sure! Dibs on the scones!”

The two retired, much to Reverse’s confusion.

“I think I’ve seen enough.”

The Reverse Dash extended her wings, and disappeared into a streak of light, trying to perform the Rainboom again. She had to concentrate in order to get her maximum speed, but seeing the dead Princesses back on fours had shocked her. Still, she managed to do it; the world around her turned into a blur again.

When she slowed down, she was back at her palace, standing above everything, in the middle of the eternal night.

“Rainbow Dash!” called Fluttershy. “What happened?”

“I can’t really tell. What did you see, Fluttershy?” asked the Reverse Dash.

“I don’t know, you accelerated so fast, and disappeared into a . . . I guess that was a Sonic Rainboom but I’m not quite sure; there was a small ring of rainbow light, but no sound. But, I thought I had lost you! Where were you?”

Reverse Dash looked at the sky and grinned.

“I have no idea. Another world? Another time? I can’t really tell, but now I know, that my playground has expanded. Things just got twenty percent cooler." Reverse Dash cackled evilly.

Author's Note:

And we open the new arc with a chapter completely centered on the Reverse Dash. I hope you liked it, and well, the confrontation is near.

Read ya’ later!!