• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 6,434 Views, 235 Comments

My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest pegasus alive - Kaliann25



The Flash arrives to Equestria and turns into a pegasus

  • ...
23
 235
 6,434

Race 1

Race 1: the Arrow and the Streak

Blue Blood couldn’t stop looking at the strange pony who had come from nowhere straight to his lair. Who had sent this unwanted guest? Had the untouchable criminals learned of his lair and sent this stranger to fight him? That was a strong possibility, but the Arrow couldn't sense any kind of hostility from this guy. So, the archer lowered his bow and arrow.

In the meantime, Barry was still processing what had just happened to him. He understood he had changed species, but there was something tantalizingly familiar about the masked pony. "Ollie? Oliver Queen? It's me, your best bud, Barry."

Blue Blood snarled as he swapped out of his normal broadhead for a special Zebrican tranquilizer arrow. He let fly as the intruder made his preposterous introduction. Before the fastest pegasus alive could react, the arrow was almost at his neck. Four years trapped on that hell of an island had turned Blue Blood into one hell of an archer.

Blue Blood's eyes widened as the arrow clattered onto the floor, well behind the pegasus.

"Impossible!" he exclaimed.

In a blur of motion, he unleashed a salvo of broadheads, left, right, and center. This time, he barely made out the red streak that dodged his projectiles with no apparent effort.

"How did you do that?" asked Blue Blood.

“I told you, I’m the fastest pegasus alive. But before I turned into this, I was the fastest man alive.”

Blue wasn’t in the mood for this. The prince screamed as he launched himself at the intruder. As he slammed onto the loo, he could have sworn that he went through the pegasus as if it were a ghost. From directly behind, the pegasus said:

"What's with the attitude, Ollie? Did you get up on the wrong side of the bed?"

Blue Blood whipped the bow at the voice as he regained his feet. Again, his blow met with only air. With a frustrated scream, Blue Blood bucked at the intruder, only to find the scarlet speedster five meters away just before his hooves could make contact.

Readying his bow, Blue Blood said, “I must admit it, you have some small skill. Who are you? Who sent you to stop the Arrow?”

Barry pulled down his cowl, revealing the blond mane that had been trapped underneath. Blue Blood continued to glare at him.

"You aren't Ollie, are you. I swear I mean you no harm. I don't even know where I am. The Speed Force just dumped me here."

Blue Blood nodded as he shot. Barry tilted his head to avoid the arrow, just as Blue Blood had hoped. Barry silently cursed as the arrow's payload activated, unleashing an ultrasonic assault. He should have expected this Arrow to use the same tactics as the Arrow from his home world. As Barry collapsed from the resulting loss of balance, Blue Blood shot him with a tranquilizer arrow.

“That was interesting, to say the least. Who in Tartarus is this?”

When Barry opened his eyes, he found that his neck and all his limbs were shacked to a stretcher.

“You woke up earlier than expected, but, no matter. It’s time for answers, Barry Allen. Who are you? Who sent you?”

“I already told you; I’m the fastest pegasus alive, and I was sent by the Speed Force.”

“If that’s how you want it, fine,” said Blue Blood. He took a bodkin arrow from his quiver and jabbed it into Barry's flank.

The Flash grimaced, but he made no sound.

"Do you need more help remembering?" prompted Blue Blood.

Barry sighed. “Look, I've already told you everything. The Speed Force dumped me here after it transformed me into this." Barry coughed. He then rasped, "What do you know? I'm a little horse."

Blue Blood groaned. “I guess you’ll need a little more convincing.” He twisted the arrow as he pulled it from Barry's body.

“Come on, Ollie! This doesn’t have to be this way!”

“Ollie?”

“An old friend of mine, you’re just like him . . . except for being a unicorn.”

Blue Blood rolled his eyes. As he was about to stab the pegasus again, it became blurry. He gasped as the Flash seemed to bleed through his bonds.

“Since the Speed Force sent me here, you're probably just like Ollie. I know you'll be a great ally, but we should wait until you're not in the mood to break things and hurt people before we talk again," said Barry as he stretched.

Blue Blood stared at Allen in disbelief. How could he escape so easily? How could such a wound heal right in front of his eyes? How could a pegasus just vanish in a streak of red and gold

Confused the prince asked, “Seriously, what in Tartarus just happened?”

As the Flash emerged from the lair, he was greeted by the sight of the beautiful city of Canterlot.

"Where have you brought me, Speed Force?" he asked.

He canvassed the city at super speed, memorizing every street and building as he passed. He finished his run at main branch of the public library. It seemed like the best place to find answers.

Two days later, Canterlot suburbs:

Caballeron returned from an unsatisfying victory. He had more than enough to turn a tidy profit with the stolen artifacts from the Mesoponymian era. The priest's headdress was made of pure gold, and sported aquamarine accents. The battle axe had intricate engravings in its head, and its handle was decorated with jewels. The pick of the hoard was a gold statue of an ancient deity; even if its magical properties were pure fiction, the piece was priceless.

As he headed upstairs to assume the guise of the clean-shaven, gray-maned antiques dealer Moldy Gold, he said to his closest henchponies, "You know, guys, the only thing missing is getting to rub this in Daring Do's face. She may be a nuisance, but she makes my life interesting."

While his henchponies grumbled, Caballeron continued. "I can just hear her now, 'Do you know this is patrimony of Ponykind? How can you sell something that belongs to everypony? If you're going to plunder tombs, at least donate the irreplaceable items to the museum.'"

Caballeron sighed. "It's just not the same without her there, being a pain in the flank. How I miss her"

"I told you she was right. What do you think you are doing?" said a cold voice behind him.

Caballeron and his henchponies looked about, frantically searching for the source of the voice. Heightened senses caught the twang of a released bowstring. Years of evading booby traps had everypony's reflexes horned to a razor's edge. A blue arrow flew where a thug's heart had been just an instant earlier.

"What?"

The arrow exploded, filling the room with a cloud of blue smoke.

The henchponies reacted reflexively, charging at the stranger, but the newcomer was faster. In a blur of bow and hooves, he mowed down his attackers. The first received a forehoof that shattered his muzzle. A thug leaping from behind was dropped by a solid blow from the bow. A powerful buck slammed yet another attacker into the wall. The Arrow used his magic to grab a burly henchpony by the neck, swinging him into the path of a blast from a rogue unicorn. The Arrow dropped his shield before dispatching the unicorn with an arrow to the neck.

After he dispatched the last thug in the room, the Arrow turned to the feeing stallion.

"Doctor Caballeron, you have failed Equestria!!" shouted the Arrow.

Without breaking stride, Caballeron replied, "And you have pissed me off. Go get him!"

More ponies flooded the chamber as Caballeron made his escape. The Arrow was not fazed by the two dozen who stood between him and his quarry. The thugs were puzzled as they watched an arrow hit the ceiling . . . until it exploded in a dazzling ball of light. The Arrow used every weapon at his disposal, be it on hoof, bow, or magic. He mowed down his opposition before their vision cleared.

The sound of violence spurred Caballeron to unheard of speeds. It seemed like a lifetime had passed before he finally collapsed into a hansom pulled by two of the most trusted bodyguards.

The bodyguards took off like a shot, only to be pulled short as the wheels fell off the cab.

"What? What is this? asked Caballeron as he watched thug after thug fall to a red and golden streak that wound around his mansion.

He watched in horror as the streak approached and dispatched the two harnessed to his cab.

The streak resolved into an orange pegasus wearing a red body suit. He dropped the nuts that had secured the cab's wheels in front of an astonished Caballeron. "I also do weddings and bar mitzvahs."

"Don't hurt me! Don't hurt me! Take care of the Arrow and I'll pay anything you want!" Caballeron begged.

The Flash gave a confident smile. Caballeron relaxed, right before the Flash stunned him with a jab that was too fast for the doctor to see.

It was a bedraggled Arrow who approached the cab a few minutes later.

“Hi there, Ollie! I took the liberty of getting the bad guy for you,” said the Flash as he gestured toward the unconscious earth pony.

The vigilante aimed an arrow at the Flash.

“Come on!” said Flash.

The Arrow growled, "How did you find me?"

“I ran all over Canterlot until I heard your party"

“Is that so?” asked the Arrow uninterested.

“Is that arrow you’re holding special?” asked Flash.

“I prepared it especially for you; I won’t be caught off-guard again, Barry Allen,” answered the Arrow coldly.

“Wait. If I really wanted to get you, I could have done it at any time.”

“You may have a point, but you’ll need more than fancy words to convince me.”

Blue Blood flinched at a sudden gust of wind. The odd lump on the Flash's neck was gone.

"You're just like Ollie. Listen, you're the only one I know in all of Equestria. Even though we didn't meet under the best of circumstances, I promise, I mean you no harm. Just to show there are no hard feelings, here's your wallet . . . Ollie," said Barry as he held up a forehoof with the item in question.

“Stop calling me Ollie!” complained the Arrow as he returned his wallet to his pocket.

“Old habits die hard.”

The Arrow lowered his weapon.

"I don't like smartflanks, but I guess we can help each other"

Flash smiled gratefully as he pulled down his cowl.

"Thank you. Given the situation, I really need a friend"

The Arrow shrugged as he lifted the unconscious Caballeron with his magic.

"Doctor Caballeron, you have failed Equestria."

Without a second thought, he broke the doctor's neck.


The Flash shivered, this guy was exactly like Oliver Queen, the old Oliver.

"What?" asked the Arrow as he noted the Flash's disapproval. "Not even Celestia herself could reform this one. I'd already tried; this was the only way to stop his crime spree."

"Forget it," sighed the speedster.

“Fine. Go to where we first met in two hours, and I'll tell you what, if anything, I will do. Try anything funny, and I promise it'll be the last thing you do."

"Fair enough," the Flash replied with a relieved smile.

As the two started separate paths, the Flash asked, "Just out of curiosity, where are you going now?"

"Let's just say there's somepony who needs to know her biggest enemy is dead. Don't worry; she hasn't failed Equestria . . . yet.

The Flash shrugged and disappeared again in a red and golden blur.

Canterlot Hotel:

A. K. Yearling was plotting to recover the recently-stolen artifacts from Caballeron's mansion. She cursed at her own stupidity; there was no way he should have been able to find that ziggurat that much sooner! Instead of having to deal with centuries-old booby traps, now she had to take on an army of thugs in their lair. She was deep in thought when an arrow removed her cloche hat and pinned it to the wall.

“What?”

The pegasus ignored her fear as she scanned the room with her whip at the ready.

“Who is it?”

The Arrow levitated the stolen artifacts over her. "Caballeron has failed Equestria. Go do what is right."

Daring frowned. “I don’t know where you trapped him, but he’ll escape.”

“I freed him from his life of crime. However, he'll be spending the rest of time in a wooden box. Underground."

Then the author/adventurer paled as she realized what he meant. She had heard rumors about Canterlot's masked vigilante and his brutality, but having him murder someone so close to her drove home the reality of the situation.

“What do you want for me?” asked Daring Do.

The Arrow shrugged. “Not much, really. I’m a huge fan of your books. I’m convinced that you are the type of pony who lives for the thrill of a challenge. But, let's be honest. The one constant in your career was Caballeron; he was your complement, your equal, intellectually and physically. The one who made your life interesting is now gone"

The Arrow's eyes narrowed. "What I want from you is to stay as a force for what is right. Who's to say if the lack of challenge will lead you astray?"

Daring frowned. “I’ll never be like him”

“Of course not, because if you do and fail Equestria, I’ll make sure you join him.”

On that note, the Arrow left, leaving Daring Do with mixed feelings.

Author's Note:

So this is a new chapter where I focused more in the Arrow that Flash; and I warn you, there will be a lot more chapters like this, to the point this seems more like two fics in one. I hope you liked it and:

Read ya’ later!!