• Published 23rd Jul 2017
  • 527 Views, 22 Comments

The Rift - Colors



There is a rift on the large crystal sphere that surrounds the known universe.

  • ...
3
 22
 527

#8 Sigma

I

A trillion miles above Equestria, there is a rift on the surface of a large crystal sphere.

In the center of Equestria, seven hundred yards from Canterlot, there is a rift on the ground. Sigma stood at its edge, her long mane blowing in the soft wind, the only part of her body that was moving.

(some of its texture is moving. some of its texture is moving.)

She was wearing two large saddle bags on her back, brown and nondescript. For over two minutes, she stood still. Eventually – perhaps she had come to a decision? – a steady stream of purple erupted from her horn, forming a web around her entire body. As time passed it grew lighter in color, until it was almost invisible.

She took a deep breath. Then she took several steps backwards. Then she ran towards the rift. Then she jumped, even though at the last moment, it seemed as if she had changed her mind. But it was too late. Or was it? She had passed over the edge, but momentarily she cast a different spell, one which caught her in mid-air. Breathing heavily, she directed it to float her back to the edge. On shaky hooves, she stepped back onto solid ground.

She sighed.

II

Forty minutes later, Sigma closed the door of her apartment building in Canterlot.

Many ponies talk to themselves when they’re alone. It’s more common than most think, because many who do are too embarrassed to admit it. If Sigma had been among them, perhaps now she would have said something informative. But she didn’t. She only dropped her saddlebags, shuffled to her fridge, poured herself a glass of wine, and sat down onto a couch. Not a single word that would explain what had just happened.

III

Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving. Some of its texture is moving.