• Published 23rd Jul 2017
  • 528 Views, 22 Comments

The Rift - Colors



There is a rift on the large crystal sphere that surrounds the known universe.

  • ...
3
 22
 528

#3 Fluttershy

I

A pleasant shiver ran down Fluttershy’s neck, reaching all the way to the tip of her outstretched wings. Twilight giggled ... maybe she had felt it through their close touch? ... whispering something, her muzzle only inches away from the pegasus’ ear.

“I can’t,” Fluttershy breathed, involuntarily ducking her head at the tingling sensation of the other mare’s breath. “I have to... g-go... to feed... a-angel.”

“Huh?” Twilight made. “But angel is right here.”

“What?” Fluttershy loosened herself from Twilight’s embrace, her eyes scanning the contents of the room. The library’s upper floor. “Uhm, where?”

“Right...” Twilight whispered. She walked across the room, as if to pull out angel from behind a shelf. Then with a flash she disappeared, momentarily reappearing in front of Fluttershy.

II

“... here.” And before Fluttershy could say anything else, their lips were locked in a kiss, and her silly heart jumped with joy, so predictable, so euphoric. A surge of electricity, warming and tingling every part of her body.

“My angel’s right here. And why would she leave me?”

“She likes being here,” Fluttershy mouthed, trying her best to furl in her shivering wings. “But she has... things to do.”

Twilight kissed her again, then parted with a giggle.

“I can come over, can’t I?”

Yet another shiver. She had hoped Twilight would say that. She nodded, smiling.

“I’d love that.”

III

A trillion miles above Equestria, there is a large crystal sphere.

A complex web of lines decorates the shell, shining in a lighter color. Their are thousands, millions... countless lines.

And there is a rift on the surface of the sphere. Through it, control and order seeps out, out, out...