• ...
8
 107
 4,327

Visitors and Unwanted Guests

I continued to fiddle with the console in Vinyl’s music room ever since the unicorn left me here in her house. I’ll admit it, I’m hooked. Very ironic considering I despised music not too long ago. Sadly in this world, what I once despised is beginning to grow on me.

I began to spin the turntables and rummage through this console (which was much more difficult to work with unlike the ones back on Cybertron, even though this console by far was obsolete). I stumbled across a file found within the beats section and played the track. What came next was a horrible heap of noise. I cringed at the sound of it and immediately slid my hands off the two rotating discs for I felt it tearing through my audio sensors. By primus, what was that noise?

I looked at the console screen to find that strange noise. The source of the sound made me brighten my visors. That audio was from the day I tried to establish communication with the inhabitants of this world. Slag, was the noise that dreadful? Possibly explains why Vinyl altered in the first place.

I decided to spare my audio sensors and left the console unoccupied for a bit. After all, spending too much time on that stadium began to rust my chassis once again. I didn’t want to go through the same process as I did while I was locked in my alt mode when in my Cybertronian mode.

I walked down from the stadium and proceeded down and out of the room to glance around the house; for the twenty-fifth time. It was all the same things I saw the twenty-fourth, but still through each time, I could not recognize certain items. I walked into the front of the house and made way into the room that appeared to have a chair of some sort along with a monitor in front. I carefully inspected the room for precautious reasons. When I saw nothing out of the ordinary, I sat down on this odd looking chai-

……

I felt my backstrut began to unwind and felt myself actually slumping on this item. It was absolutely comfortable. Why hadn’t Vinyl Scratch told me about this item sooner?

I begin to hear a slight creaking noise coming from inside the house. I turned my visor around to scan the area but saw nothing out of the ordinary. Well, unordinary to this place. .. Actually-

CRACK!

My body collapsed onto the ground as debris began to flail over me. I defensively shot myself up looking for my attacker but only found the scattered remains of the chair beneath me. Apparently I was my own attacker, because my body mass couldn’t be sustained by such a fragile thing. Well, I guess it’s standing from here on out.

Pathetic materials are too weak to sustain my body. Not surprised in a world run by horses.

And flying horses.

And unicorns.

I walked away from the scattered mess, figuring that it would be best to leave it there. It was the chair’s fault it broke, not mine. I walked further into the room up to a window which allowed a view of the outside. It seemed as if the star illuminated this world had faded and the moon came up in return. I found it very odd that this world only had one moon, unlike Cybertron.

Suddenly, I heard a short thud come from behind me. I immediately spun around to the source of the noise .

I cautiously walked over to the sound, passing over the remains of the chair. The noise appeared to be coming from the entrance door. I slowly approached the door wondering who was making that strange noise. I questioned if I should open the door wondering if it was Vinyl, but quickly tossed the idea aside.

No, if it was Vinyl, she would’ve opened the door already. After all this is her structured building.

More knocking.

Who was this figure? Was it that Nightmare Moon Vinyl told me about?

I sighed at the thought of having to fight once again, this time against an opponent whose gaze could turn me into stone. I readied myself, positioning myself in a battle stance and loosening each one of my limbs. Last thing I need is to rust up in a melee battle.

“Open this door! I know you can hear me!” a voice shrieked from the other side. I became a bit stunned at his words. How the scrap did it know I was here?

Maybe that wasn’t the case. Maybe the figure was looking for Vinyl Scratch or someone else. Another thud, this time though, I heard a crack come from the door.

“If you don’t open this door Soundwave I’m going to break it in!”

Did Vinyl blow my cover? How the scrap did it know who and where I was?

As soon as I lowered my senses to think about those questions I heard another voice. It sounded tired yet familiar.

“RIVERS!” Vinyl shouted. She didn’t sound any closer than the figure at the door.

“Forgive me Vinyl! I’ll pay for your door later!” I heard the voice shout back. Oh scrap!

KSHH!

The door before me bolted off the frame and hurled to the ground. Instinctively, I lunged towards the trespasser, bringing my arm down as I rushed in. Apparently the figure was to fast though, for it slid to the side and caused me to flail down to the ground. I tried to bring myself up, but instantly felt a sharp pain jab through my side.

I toppled over looking up at the ceiling. Then a figure appeared in front of my visor looking down at me. It was a grey horse. I looked at my attacker and realized I just got my exhaust port kicked by a horse!

The horse looked at me with furious curiosity, and I saw this as a chance to lash out at it for pinning me down. But I felt a familiar feeling. I couldn’t budge.

“You’re…you’re not…Soundwave…” the horse stammered. What did he mean? I am Soundwave! Not that he should know that though.

I looked back at him with my visors brightened and slit. He started to shake his head with his optics closed. I then heard the sound of steps coming in at an extremely fast pace.

“Rivers what the…” Vinyl started but soon trailed off. I heard her gasp, and the horse looking down at me now turned to the entrance.

“Rivers get out of my house!” Vinyl shrieked enraged possibly looking at the broken door before her.

I knew we couldn’t do that. As much as I wanted to kill this horse for humiliating me, he couldn’t leave knowing of my existence.

“No, Vinyl” I grumbled on the ground. The horse turned his eyes on me with a stern expression.

“By Primus, you even sound like him…” the horse grumbled. How did he even know about Primus? This horse knew not only about my existence but about our beliefs. I needed to know more about this horse and know where he got his Intel from.

“WHAT?” Vinyl gasped. “Did you just se-“

“Yes I did” I snapped. I was lying on the floor paralyzed. I didn’t have time to argue and whine. “But it seems your ‘friend’ over there, has some knowledge about my kind…”

I saw the grey stallion look down at me chest from the side. He snorted and looked down at me. “Who do you think you are bearing the heroic Decepticon insignia when you can’t even bear it in the right colors?”

Heroic?

“Who the scrap are you?” I shot at him. I was now able to turn my head and face the grey horse. The horse only glared back at me.

“That’s none of your concern” he spat. I could still see the outline of Vinyl’s shadow at the doorway. I decided to revert back to my treacherous tactics.

“It may not be any of my concern” I retorted, “but I think it may be of her concern…”. I narrowed my head in Vinyl’s direction. She looked furious.

Rivers (if I could recall) turned around to face Vinyl. That’s when I saw the symbol on his backside. It was the Decepticon insignia, except it was a vibrant pigment. Red. How can a horse possibly bear the Decepticon insignia?

“Who are you Rivers, really?” Vinyl asked. I saw River’s expression shift from stern to guilty. He sighed and shook his head.

“Ughhh…this is my fault for opening my huge mouth” He grumbled. I was really depending on Vinyl now. She was the only one at the moment who could gather Intel from him.

After that there was a short spanned silence. Rivers finally grumbled and stopped shaking his head. “Fine I’ll explain everything to you” he whinnied. He then turned to gaze down at me. My body’s senses soon began to come back to me and I was trying to get up from the floor.

“I want to know more about him though” Rivers added. I lifted my head to meet his gaze and then looked at Vinyl.

She shrugged and let out an uncomfortable laugh. “Good luck with that, I can’t even get much out of him…”

“…Oh he’ll talk…” Rivers pitched in. He let out a laugh and begin to walk towards the living room with his head looking back at me. “…If I know Soundwave, I know he loves to hear a good bit of info…”

Rivers stopped when his leg bumped something on the ground. He looked at the bits of the chair and then looked back at me. “…rmation.”

I glanced over to Vinyl Scratch and she looked a bit worried. “Are you okay dude?” she asked walking to my side. I slowly got up to my feet, grunting on the way up. Wow, I guess being small means a weaker frame.

“Yeah, I’ll be good. I just don’t think I’ll forget I got knocked down by a horse” I replied. Vinyl giggled and began to direct me into the room with the monitor.

“Don’t worry man, I’m sure-“ she stopped talking as she immediately recognized the absence of a particular item; or the bits and pieces in front of her.

She shot me a look and I merely shrugged. There was laughter from across the room which caused us to break are gaze. We both turned to see Rivers looking at us. “Wow, you’re even his size” He chuckled.

“Alright, tell us what you know” I said, ignoring his previous statement. Well not entirely. He was obviously referring to the ‘other’ Soundwave.

“You don’t get to ask me those questions” he snapped. My visors brightened and I felt an old urge to yank his voice box from his throat, but Vinyl Scratch immediately jumped into the conversation.

“Rivers…” Vinyl simply said standing in front of me. Rivers smiled and shook his head.

“Dang it, you’re using your eyes against me…” he said, walking to the side of the window. I began to envy Vinyl’s charisma now. She was doing a better job at gathering Intel than me!

“Well, I reckon you both…” Rivers started, shooting me a quick glance. “…Would ask a ton of questions. So I’ll just start out from the beginning. Now save your questions for after once I’m done.”

No problem, I’ll just think the same ones I’ve been processing in my head until he’s done. Except this one question.

“You’re a cybertronian?” I shot at Rivers pointing at the weird symbol on his body. He looked at me and raised a brow.

“Are you serious?” he said shocked. “You of all beings should know that Cybertronians can only scan electronic devices and not sentient beings.”

That is true but that still didn’t help explain the insignia. He could be a pretender. They had a habit of being able to deceive sensors.

Rivers opened his muzzle to continue speaking.

“Let me tell you this story and all your questions will be answered” The grey horse remarked.

He sighed and stood up on his hind legs. I wondered how these horses were able to go from quadripedal to bipedal.

“I grew up in Las Pegasus as a kid.” Rivers said. Hopefully this wasn’t a life story, I just needed him to answer my questions. “At the time, I use to be a very reckless colt. I use to be everywhere up and down the streets, even the not so great ones.”

I saw Vinyl hunch downwards already entranced in his story. I just stood and listened.

“One particular day” he added, “I was walking down a street in the middle of the night. Don’t ask what I was doing there, I just happened to be around there at the time.”

Rivers sighed and continued onwards. “As a passed by an alley, I heard a slight static noise, much similar to static, coming from the alley. A piece of me told me to haul my tail out of there as fast as I could”

Rivers smirked. “I guess Celestia had other plans for me though. My curiosity got the best of me, and I retraced my steps back to the alley. As I did so, I could hear the static sound growing louder. Once I reached the alley I poked my head around the corner and what I saw, was surely the most life changing event I ever witnessed.”

I glared at Rivers the whole time. His explanation of this static sounded very familiar.

“I saw a blue hole rotating in the middle of the alley. The wind seemed to be getting sucked into it because I saw dust and papers fly everywhere. When I saw it my jaw dropped.” Rivers chuckled.


“It was massive! A strange sound started coming out of the hole I realized. After a while I started to hear it a bit better. It was screaming.” Rivers laughed. “Next thing that happened was unbelievable. I saw a white speck slowly growing inside the blue portal. Turns out the white speck was a cybertronian being flung into this world by a portal”.

I brightened my visors at the realization of what he was talking about. That blue hole was a portal opened by the space bridge! How the scrap did another Cybertronian get thrown into this world?

Rivers kept speaking. “Trust me, the first thing you expect to do when you see a giant robot being hurled out of a portal is to run…”

“Nope” Vinyl said bluntly. I wasn’t surprised.

Rivers flashed her a smile and went on with it. “…Well when this robot flew out of the portal I ran to it. Not the smartest idea, but it was just too crazy to believe! I remember running over to his side and asking him if he was okay. The expression on his visors was priceless when he saw me!”

Vinyl spoke out. “What do you mean?”

Rivers glanced over at me. “Well apparently where they come from, there is a place inhabited by ‘humans’.”

Another place inhabited by humans? The idea of Shockwave’s plan spanning across dimensions gave me a chill through my back strut.

Vinyl gasped. “Humans? I thought those were urban legends…”

“I would say the same about a talking horse” I remarked, glancing at Vinyl. She looked at me in anger.

“Ahem, unicorn!” she exclaimed, pointing at her horn.

“And that is my point” Rivers added pointing at me. “The cybertronian from the portal couldn’t believe that I was talking to him because where he comes from, horses aren’t capable of speaking.”

“Wow that sucks” Vinyl murmured. Rivers chuckled.

“Eventually, after a couple hours of flipping out, the cybertronian finally regained his senses. A perfect opportunity to ask who he was and how he got here. Well apparently, he came from a home planet ravaged by war between two factions: The heroic Decepticons and The evil Autobots.”

Was this horse a bit short in the servos? That was preposterous! Evil Autobots? Sounds more like a bad joke to me. The idea of an evil Prime and a humble Megatron brought a slight grin under my faceplate.

“The cybertronians name was Soundwave”

I flinched at the name of this cybertronian. He was my opposite in every way yet he managed to find himself on this dimension. Just like me.

“He fought alongside the Decepticons to maintain order, peace and balance on his home planet”

Vinyl looked on in awe, almost as if she were staring into a star. I stood there lost in thought.

“He was set to engage in an assault in the Autobot’s base. Sadly things did not go according to plan, which resulted in his whole team being wiped out, and him being blown into the Space Bridge. Apparently something happened within the controls of the Space Bridge and that caused Soundwave to get sent over here” Rivers explained stomping his leg downwards.

This was too much to process. In another dimensions, there were other beings trying to create dimension travelling technology which only added to my worries. How many forms of Shockwaves were out there trying to act out the idea of playing a god?

“Soundwave was lost in this new world, for the portal already closed up. I was the only one with him in the alley. I don’t know why but he was lost and asked if I could ‘kick it’ with him for the time being. Well I took him home, and from then on, we developed a close bond with one another. He was one of the greatest friends I ever had. He taught me about right from wrong, introduced me to his taste of music, helped me in my troubled times, and even taught me ‘cicrcuit-su’” .

Rivers smiled and turned to face his backside. Then turned to face Vinyl. “Vinyl, believe it or not, you changed my life…”

Vinyl’s face turned from awestruck to shocked. “Me…how?” she asked. They were looking at each other from across the room. I was still by Vinyl’s side wondering what Rivers will say.

He cleared his throat. “I was a late bloomer. I didn’t know if I had a special talent or interest. Sure I had the taste for music but that was a simple hobby. I wasn’t even that great around the time. That day I found those three DJs picking on you, I remembered something Soundwave told me”

I glanced at Vinyl. She used to be picked on? If anything I would suspect her to be the one doing so.

“Stick up for what is right he told me. No matter the cost, help those who cannot help themselves. If you don’t you’ll be just as bad as the monsters committing the crime”, Rivers boasted with pride.

Vinyl was still silent, although I saw her lower her head. Rivers had a lot more to say.

“When I came back from school that day, my parents heard about what I did. They flipped. They took everything I had and grounded me. Well, everything except Soundwave. He was in my room and I was able to tell him what I did that day”

His voice began to trail off. He was surely running his servos to fast.

“He told me he was truly proud of me. He then told me I would surely fit well into the ranks of the Decepticons.”

Not in the ranks of our Decepticons. He began to shake his head.

“Later that night, I got my cutie mark.” He directed his eyes to his backside. “I was so excited to not only have my cutie mark, but to have the cutie mark of my role models.”

He turned his body to the window and gazed outside into the darkness. He grew silent and did not say another word.
This Soundwave character sounds nothing like me. In fact everything about this dimension was exactly the opposite.

Vinyl finally asked a question breaking her silence. “So what happened to Soundwave?”

I looked over at her and then back to Rivers. He seemed lost in thought and didn’t respond. Instead he stood their shaking his head. I wondered became of this Soundwave figure as well.

When Rivers did not respond to Vinyl’s question she turned to face me. What was Rivers reason for staying so quiet?

“So you’re a Decepticon…” she commented, pointing at my insignia. I gazed down at my chest looking at my symbol. The Decepticon insignia…

I looked up to see the unicorn before me. She looked up at me with her huge optics once again. “…Does that mean you were the good guys in the war?”

I stared back at her in silence. I could not answer that question. I could lie to her, but for some reason I couldn’t. I couldn’t deceive her any longer.

At the same time I couldn’t tell her the truth about my past. She will surely despise me and I will possibly become an instant target to Rivers. Not that it would be a problem or anything. Just don’t want to risk paralysis again…

I turned away from Vinyl who was still expecting an answer. Rivers appeared to have turn his back to the window and was now walking towards me. “I held up my end of the bargain” he shot still approaching me. “Now you hold up yours”

I quickly rummaged through my thoughts for a memory would avoid bringing up my dark past. Then it hit me. The story on how I got here. I had to be very vague, but I also had to make it believable.

I quickly processed the story in my head and took a deep breath but Vinyl jumped in.

“Hold up buddy, you still haven’t answered my question” she shot holding her arm in front of him. Rivers looked down at her hoof and then at me. Vinyl seemed to have this situation in her palm (okay seriously what are those things called?).

Rivers picked up his head and glanced to the side. I followed his optics to where he was looking but saw only shadows. What was he trying to hide.

“Around the time I moved to Ponyville,” Rivers started, still looking at the darkness in the side of the room, “ I decided to do a little sightseeing.”

Me and Vinyl listened to the grey horse speak. He continued on.

“Well, for some reason, I found myself wandering deep into Ever Free forest.”

I heard a long silent “Ohhhh” come from Vinyl Scratch’s mouth. I lifted up my visor, wondering why she made that sound.

“As I went in to the forest, I was ambushed by Timberwolves. At the time, I was still a young stallion so the group saw me as easy prey” Rivers snorted and shook his head. He finally moved his head away from the emptiness of the room.

“If only they knew I had the upper hand. I brought Soundwave along with me on the trip.”

I could see Rivers start to quiver. This ending to the story already seemed apparent. It was the only probable one.

“I and Soundwave fought the Timberwolves in the Ever Free forest. We took on the entire pack. There were probably no more than 6.” Rivers continued. He still had his optics close and took another deep breath.

“I was an idiot though. I forgot these were Timberwolves we were dealing with. As soon as we took out the first pack, the rest starting to come in. Dozens swarming in on me and Soundwave bent on nothing but tearing us to shreds”

He opened his optics and looked at Vinyl. “I stood by Soundwave that whole day fighting Timberwolves. I began to realize they were tiring us out. I couldn’t take them all on. Soundwave fought valiantly though, throwing, smashing, and tearing through every single Timberwolve out in that pack.”

His optics soon began to leak. “I began to grow tired, and the Timberwolves began to cluster over me, scratching and clawing at me. I felt like that was the end for me.”

Vinyl began to walk away from me and began to approach Rivers. Rivers trudged on, still trying to process the words from his servos. “But no. Soundwave came in and tried to fight off all the Timberwolves. He quickly got to me and got the Timberwolves off my back. Even though they clawed at him and tore through his circuits he still tried to fend them off.”

This Soundwave sounded like a valid warrior. I admired his courage and honor but i knew what comes along with aspects like that.

Rivers laughed dryly. “I guess even alien robots have a limit. I still remember the look he gave me when he told me to run. All the Timberwolves seemed focus on taking down Soundwave, so it would’ve been easy to run. But I couldn’t. I just couldn’t leave my best friend to die…”

His body began to shake a little more violently and Vinyl already had him wrapped in her arms.

“…Soundwave took as many as he could before he went down. I had no choice but to leave from the huge pack of
Timberwolves. I ran as fast as I could out of there, hoping to find an exit. Thank Celestia I did”

I looked at the two horses wrapped around one another. This Timberwolves species seemed carnivorous in nature, yet these horses suffer from no threats. The only threat they face every day is possibly verbal

“He could still be alive.” Vinyl said, still clinging on to Rivers. “I mean, he could’ve took them all down after you left”

There was a tone of disbelief in her voice. Rivers remained silent, still shaking slightly.

“I went back to the forest the next day…” Rivers moaned. He had his head perched on top of Vinyl’s. It was clear. Soundwave went offline fighting these creatures to save the grey horse before me. And Rivers had seen the remains of his comrade when he returned.

Rivers gained his knowledge of Cybertron and its inhabitants from this parallel Soundwave. It all started to become clear now.

Rivers finally broke from Vinyl’s grasp and turned over to my direction. He wiped his optics from the liquids seeping out.

“Alright. Now that we got my story out of the way, it’s time you tell us yours” he said, this time with a lack of authority. It seemed as if his story about his former comrade had left him vulnerable.

I gazed down at Rivers and Vinyl Scratch. I quickly recalibrated all my memories to deceive these two horses.
“We should get comfortable.” I offered. “ This will be a long story…”
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You’re telling me this scientist wanted to send zombies across different dimensions?” I gasped at the idea. Rivers stood there in shock also his eyes wide as they could be. I felt bad for what Rivers saw with his Soundwave. He’s cool now, but he still was hiding in a lot of other things.

Soundwave told me how he came into this world and it was a lot to take in. Apparently Soundwave was a test subject for this scientist called Shockwave and this one other assistant named Shockblast. Soundwave escaped and heard about Shockwave’s plans so he tried to take care of it. In the battle, Soundwave destroyed the dimension portal but he was then shot by this cannon that prevented him from transforming and was thrown into this portal.

“So did you stop Shockwave?” Rivers said. He sounded a bit worried. I kind of was too. If a crazy robot like that has a machine to travel dimensions I’d be scared as well. Just the idea of being able to travel dimensions is scary.

I shuddered at the thought of it.

Soundwave looked at both us for a while. His silence always meant something bad. “I don’t know…” he replied. We were all huddled in a circle on the floor of my living room.

Soundwave stood silent and gazed downwards at the floor. Rivers glanced outwards toward the window. The sun was beginning to come up.

Wow, I spent two days without sleep and all these questions have given me a head ache. I was beginning to get sleepy and I was too lazy to get a pillow.

I got closer to Rivers and put my head on his lap. He was so warm. I could feel his body twitch and I looked up to see what happened.

“Oh, sorry Vinyl just got a lot on my mind.” He told me. His warm smile was back on his face. I missed that. “Just go to sleep, everything’s okay.”

He began to pet my mane which helped soothe my nerves. I was too tired to think about anything else so I closed my eyes and began to drift off into sleep…
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vinyl Scratch seemed to have slipped into recharge on Rivers lap. I could see the interaction between the two and decided to gaze around. No need to see what was going on between them. It seemed as if the sun has finally begun to kick in for I could see its rays piercing into the window and the doorway of the house.

“Soundwave” a voice softly said. I turned to see Rivers looking at me, still patting Vinyl Scratch. He had his stern expression fixed back at me. “I know.”

I raised my visor. He knew?

“Soundwave…the true Soundwave…told me about the Autobots from his place. Their insignia had the same color as yours” he shot, pointing his arm in my direction. I knew he was pointing at my insignia. I did not utter a word. This horse wasn’t going to like me anytime soon and neither was I.

“I’m not an idiot…I know where your allegiance lies. I should put you into stasis here and now but I won’t” he hissed. He looked down at the unicorn in his lap. “For Vinyl’s sake I won’t put you down.”

He stared at me with furious eyes. I would not let him have the last word. “You speak out of hindsight. You don’t know what goes on in the minds of beings during warfare” I snapped. Rivers raised a brow.

“War isn’t an era of peace. Things die but then again you might not know that since you haven’t had a war in this place for one thousand years” I said, remembering Vinyl’s remark on war.

“Don’t give me that scrap” he shot at me. “It matters on who you kill…”

“It’s all the same when one is killing the other.” I retorted cutting him off.

“You’re probably the group battling against those with good intentions.” he affirmed.

There was a long silence after that. He stared at me with hatred in his optics. “There is only one good side to you though,” he continued, looking down at the unicorn. I did not falter my gaze.

“That story about the zombies…that is, if it is true.” He continued. I glared at him waiting for him to continue.
“You actually put yourself in harm’s way to put an end to a potential threat. You may have been looking after yourself at the time, but in reality it was for the greater good of your species…”

I already ran these thoughts in my mind when I was locked in my alt mode. I thought myself to be insane at the time, but now after giving up the ways of my past, I didn’t think much of it.

“Also” he pitched in, “You haven’t caused harm to anypony here. Not even to Vinyl Scratch.” He stated. “I don’t know what that means, but it shows something has changed inside you. You could be hiding your true intentions, but honestly what do you have planned here?”

He waved his arm in a three hundred sixty degree rotation around himself. I turned away from the horse, not wishing to speak any further. Enough talking for today.

“One more thing…”

Scrap. I returned my visor back to the horse.

“I need you to help Vinyl Scratch over here”. He pointed his arm down on her.

“With what?” I asked. Oddly I didn’t ask why I was needed. I just offered my services to Vinyl without a second thought.

“She’s going to have a big day ahead of her soon. That gig you so happened to be at” he remarked sarcastically. “Caught the attention of some other DJ ponies and they want to run her into the dirt.”

I looked at the resting unicorn that seemed to have turned her body around. I was never one to help anyone but I remembered that I must keep as many allies as I could.

“How?” I said. The horse shot me a look like I’d just been dismantled.

“Are you serious? You’re a walking music player!” he exclaimed, startling Vinyl, who quickly collapsed back into his lap.
He patted her more and turned back to me.

I guess I’ll be able to help her. Besides, if it meant making new beats I say why not?

“I will-“

“VINYL SCRATCH?” a mysterious voice shouted from the outside. It seemed as if it came from the plains outside. The white unicorn quickly threw her body up in shock at the sound of the voice. Rivers quickly glanced at me.

“Transform, hurry!” he whispered harshly. I got up from the ground and quickly tried to convert back into my robot mode but I couldn’t. I kept trying to stimulate my transformation sequence but nothing occurred. Scrap,not now…

“Vinyl Scratch are you okay!?” another voice shouted, this time closer. Scrap, what was going on with my transformation cog?

Rivers shot me a harsh look. “Why haven’t you transformed already?” he barked. Vinyl Scratch was up on her legs and was looking around, still tired from her rest.

Scrap I had to find cover fast. In what may have been the most rational decision I’ve ever made, I posted myself up against the wall next to the doorway which led into our current room. Luckily I was concealed by darkness but the sun was going to start lighting up the room soon. Hopefully they won’t be able to see me.

I saw Rivers throw his arm on his face and Vinyl Scratch was finally snapping back into her senses.

“What happened to the door?” another voice pitched in this time dangerously close.

“I-I don’t know. I was walking down to…to tell Vinyl good morning and I found it like that” a very timid voice responded.

Vinyl and Rivers looked at each other and then glanced at me.

“Vinyl, darling are you ok- oh my!” a very classy voice said playfully. I looked down at the doorway and saw the shadows of walking figures. They started to walk into the doorway and into view.

The first one was a unicorn, with a white coat and purple hair. After that there was an Orange horse who wore a hat (very similar to the one I saw set up the party). Then I saw a purple unicorn walk in along with a blue flying horse. Twilight and Rainbow Dash. Finally, two more figures appeared from the doorway. One of them was Pinkie (the mind reader) and the other was a very timid looking yellow flying horse. I then realized all these creatures were the ones that helped set up the gig. Luckily none of them spotted me.

“Whoa I hope we didn’t walk into anything!” Dash exclaimed looking down at Vinyl and Rivers.

“Yeah is everything okay Vinyl?” Twilight asked eyeing Rivers.

“Yeah of course everything’s cool” Vinyl replied. The group began to look at one another.

“Then why is ya’ door broken down?” the orange horse said. They were pestering them with all these questions. They were going to realize I’m here soon if I didn’t get out of there now. I began to creep out of my hiding spot to escape.

“Guys everything is okay. How did you guys even know something might be wrong?” Vinyl questioned the group.

“Oh well Fluttershy told us” Twilight responded. “Where is she anyways…”

I was halfway peeking out the doorway when I heard the unicorn say that. I froze immediately at what I saw before me. There was a flying yellow horse looking at me with huge eyes, quivering in fear.

Ah scrap I should’ve waited a bit longer. The flying horse fainted from the air causing her to land on the floor with a loud thud. I instantly spun around to see if anyone from that group heard the sound.

They were all looking at me wide eyed and speechless. All except for one of them.

“Oh hi there Soundwave!” Pinkie shrieked waving her arm up in the air. The other horses all looked at her then back at me.

“uh... I could explain…” Vinyl murmured looking at all her companions. Twilight and Rainbow Dash shot her a quick glance then returned to looking at me. My instincts told me to run but I knew running wouldn’t be such a great option. Then again, these are horses were talking about. I lifted my leg to take one step and then just remembered.

Rivers was just one horse.

“Don’t let him get away!” Dash shouted as she flew towards me like a bullet. Her friends charged at me as well with incredible speed.

Scrap. Hopefully this won’t hurt as much as the Immobilizer.

Last thing I remember seeing was Rivers laughing and Vinyl Scratch shooting her mouth open before Rainbow Dash flew into my chest, knocking me off the ground and leaving me to let gravity do the rest for her.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Guys are you seriously tying up a robot” I said, grumbling as I saw the six horses tying Soundwave up in a bundle in the middle of my living room. The idea of tying a robot was just dumb.

“Well we don’t want him escaping…” Dash said looking at Soundwave. Rivers walked passed me and went to Soundwave.

“Way I see it Dash, he isn’t going to wake up anytime soon.” Rivers chuckled tilting his head to get a better look at Soundwave. He was slumped over and his glasses were not red. They were black. Was he dead?

“Well, I wasn’t going to risk letting that thing from Ever Free forest walk around here and hurt other ponies” Twilight told Rivers, walking from around the robot. “I had to use the lullaby spell on it”.

“Soundwave isn’t bad thought” I explained. I saw Rivers look at me with a worried expression for a while but then looked back at Twilight.

“What are you talking about, of course it is!” Dash said, flying by Twilight’s side.

“The fact that I jinxed it Vinyl is possibly the only reason why that thing is alive and walking around. There are a lot of weird things in that forest you know?” Twilight added. I shook my head and looked over to Rivers. I gave him a look that said ‘should I tell them what he is and where he’s from?’.

Rivers nodded and turned to the two ponies in front of me. “Uh you guys, this thing isn’t from the Ever Free forest” he told them. Just then I saw Rarity walk in from the entrance of the living room.

“Thanks Vinyl for letting us use your bedroom for Fluttershy. The poor thing seemed to have been an awful case of the chills” Rarity told me as she walked by my side.

I smiled. “It’s no problem. Hopefully that fall didn’t hurt Fluttershy.” I remarked.

“I think Fluttershy is more scared than hurt after seeing that thing” Rarity added pointing over to Soundwave. “Luckily Pinkie is over there with her trying to cheer her up.”

That’s my Pinkie. Always trying to keep everyone happy. I then turned my attention to Rivers and my two friends.

“..Not from Ever Free forest?” Twilight asked puzzled. Dash looked just as confused now.

“Then where did it come from?” Dash asked shaking her head over at Soundwave.
Rivers thought of the easiest way to explain it to them. I could see him lost in though. Eh, might as well tell them how it is.

“It’s a robotic alien from another dimension” I blurted out. The two ponies looked at me shocked. Well I would too if I heard someone say that.

“What? How is that even possible?” Dash asked me. Twilight looked at Rivers waiting for him to answer the question too.

“It’s a very long story.” Rivers said shuffling his hooves into the ground. “All you need to know is that he’s an alien from another dimension who’s going to be staying with us for quite some time.”

Dash and Twilight looked at Soundwave now. They were probably feeling bad for beating up an alien that ‘came in peace’.

“So you’re telling us that there’s an alien here in the world of Equestria, and Princess Celestia doesn’t even know about it?” Twilight said, lifting a brow at me. Oh no, that wasn’t good at all.

“No! No one can know about him!” I whined. It seemed kiddish, because already seven people knew about him but I wanted to stick close to my new friend for at least a little longer.

“Vinyl”,I heard Rarity say from my side, “Princess Celestia possibly already feels the alien’s presence. She has a great understanding of everything that goes on in Equestria”. I looked at her with a sad look. She was right, Celestia probably already knew about Soundwave. I looked at Rivers to see what he would say. I guess he could see the question on my face. “It’s possible Vinyl” he said shrugging his shoulders.

I lowered my head. “Aww man, I guess you guys are right...”

I felt so bummed out about having to lose my friend.

“…But we don’t have to take him to her personally…” Rivers added. My ears shot up when I heard that. The opposite happened for Twilight.

“Wait, Celestia needs to know-“

Rivers cut her off. “Celestia already knows about it. That’s almost a guarantee. If Celestia is really interested she’ll come here herself and meet the fine cybertronian herself.”

Twilight had a weird look on her face. “Cybertronian?” she asked. Rivers laughed.

“Yes, Twilight that’s what these things…” he pointed at Soundwave, “…Are called.”

Well now things were beginning to get a little better. Twilight obviously gave the idea some thought.

“Fine, Celestia is just going to have to come and see this for herself” she whinnied. I smiled at the realization that we won this conversation. Rarity walked over to Applejack who was looking outside the window.

“Umm…guys… I think ya’ might wan’na take a look at this.” Applejack informed. I looked at the three ponies in front of me and waved my hoof at them to follow. I walked up to the window which was blocked up by Applejack. The sun has finally come out and it was a nice shining afternoon.

“What happened Applejack” Twilight asked trying to fit herself in front of the window. She couldn’t though. Rainbow Dash though flew above us and whistled. “Wow guys, I don’t know, but that’s a weird looking carriage.”
Carriage?

“Ay’, what do those ponies think there doin’ ridin’ ova’ your yard?” Applejack remarked. Wait that strange carriage was riding onto my property? I instantly ran out of the living room and into the music room. I then turned into my bedroom, only to see Pinkie next to a very scared looking Fluttershy.

“Oh..uhh.. hey Vinyl!” Pinkie stammered with her same happy personality. Fluttershy looked at me very timidly and waved her hoof. I need something to hide Soundwave with and fast.

“Hold on everypony, I’m going to need some blankets” I said pointing my hoof at the blankets covering Fluttershy. Fluttershy turned extremely red when I did that.

“Uh…you mean these blankets?” Pinkie asked frailly.

"Uh yes Pinkie those blankets" i replied. Fluttershy lifted off the blankets and handed them to me. I levitated it up towards me and looked at it. The blanket was way too small to shield Soundwave.

"Nevermind" I grumbled as I tossed them back the blanket. I quickly walked out of my room and closed the door and ran back onto the living room. That wasn't going to work at all.

“Alright ponies, I’ll try to distract whoever is here. I need you guys to help hide Soundwave over there.” I told them all. The four mares in the room looked confused but Rivers quickly began to explain to them who Soundwave was.

As he did so, I rushed to my door-less entrance (Thanks a lot Rivers. You owe me a new door!) only to see a brown and black fancy carriage waiting outside of my house. It appeared to have red velvet curtains covering the sides. I walked out from my house and began to walk across the grass to the carriage. As I approached the carriage, I began to hear the sound of very slow, bland, and boring instrumental music. There was only one horse I knew that would come to my house and play that music. I now jogged up to the carriage, excited and happy to see the horse I haven’t seen in forever!

“Octavia!” I shouted as I came about four hooves away from the carriage. It had to be her.

I suddenly saw the curtain flap up and the instrumental music came to a sudden halt. A grey earth pony poked her head out of the carriage and looked at me with elegant eyes. Her hair was neatly combed and she had a bow tie around her neck.

“Vinyl?” Octavia said with a shocked expression on her face. I stared back at her with a huge dumb smile on my face.

Octavia quickly got out of the carriage but I rushed towards her, so by the time she got out of her carriage, I already her in my hug.

“Oh Dude I missed you SO MUCH!” I exclaimed squeezing Octavia with my hug. I held onto her for a long time and

Octavia was giggling.

“Yes Vinyl, I missed you so much as well!” Octavia replied bring her hooves around me now as well.

“Where have you been?” I asked, finally letting her go from my hug. I didn’t want to break her back this fast.

Octavia shook her hair and when she finished, look back at me. “I’m so sorry Vinyl. I’ve never had the chance to visit. I’ve been so busy with my musical career I haven’t had the chance to come stop by.”

Her dark purple eyes looked back into my eyes. “I’ve been doing many scores with many orchestrators, I just never found the time to come and visit you.”

I looked at my long gone friend and I couldn’t stop smiling. Octavia was back! I wanted to squeal so bad like a little filly. “So how did you find the time to come and visit?” I asked in excitement.

Octavia smiled back at me softly. “Apparently I was offered an opportunity to play as a cellist for a famous orchestrator in Canterlot. He goes by the name Hans Zimmermane. Oh Vinyl if you were to hear his music you would absolutely adore it. Even for somepony with your taste” she said with joy. I was happy that my friend was able to drop by and visit, but it sort of sucked that she had to go and leave again.

“Oh so you’re going to stay in Canterlot?” I asked Octavia, my excitement slowly fading away. Octavia giggled and shook her head.

“Well I’m here right now. Why waste more time to travel all the way to Canterlot?”

My excitement shot back through me. AHHH YEAH THIS IS GONNA BE AWESOME!

Octavia turned around to the carriage. “Hold on, let me just get my bags from the carriage and tip the good pony for his services”.

I nodded my head in excitement. I began to imagine us bugging each other like the good ol’ days. To be honest I kind of missed having a drag around the house.

I then felt a hoof go on my shoulder. I turned around to see Rivers facing me, panting and eyes shot open. “Uh, we kind of…ran into some trouble.”

I widened my eyes now. I forgot about Soundwave!

“What happened?” I asked worried. How will Octavia be able to stay now?

Rivers started taking deep breaths. “Well…I…tried to hide Soundwave…in your room…and…”

“What do you mean ‘hide’ can’t he just transform?” I implied

“Remember Twilight knocked him out. Also he’s doesn't want to transform or something. Anyways...”

“Rivers is that you?” Octavia said from behind. Rivers turned his gaze from me to Octavia and I saw his eyes shoot open. Her carriage seemed to have left already.

“Octavia?” Rivers asked in disbelief. “Hey what are you doing here?”

Octavia took the huge bag off of the carriage and was struggling to carry it through the grass.

“Oh well I decided to drop by and stay here with my friend, Vinyl Scratch.”

Rivers swiftly looked at me and shot up a brow. I froze. I was obviously too busy thinking about having my friend over, I completely forgot about everything else going on.

“Hmm…really?” Rivers said sarcastically glancing a brow at me.”You plan on staying for long?”

Octavia put her hoof up to her face. “My next performance is in five days, so I say around a week.”

“Well let me help you with those bags in the house then” he offered.

Rivers walked past me to go get my friend’s bag. It looked really heavy, almost as big as Octavia. Octavia smiled at Rivers as he approached her bag and lobbed it on his back as if it were a pillow. Show off.

“I’ll just leave you two mares out here to catch up” Rivers grunted as he began to walk to the house. “Take all the time in the world!” he added, as he walked into the house.

Octavia looked away from the stallion and then back to me. “So…you’re here alone with Rivers?” she asked cooing. I began to blush.

“No, I’m not alone. I got a couple of friends over right now.” I told her waving my hoof to my house. Octavia lifted her brow. “Bringing the party home I see?” she smirked.

Oh no now that was just wrong! My face cringed at the idea and Octavia just laughed. Wow she could be really evil when she wasn’t around others.

“You know…” Octavia said. “…I heard that you had an event here not too long ago.”

I was speechless. Octavia heard about the party? Was the party that great that everyone in Equestria knows about it?

“I heard there was some new things you invented that day. You referred to it as ‘Dubstep’” she added glancing around the field.

“Where did you hear this from?” I asked. I really needed to know how popular my party has gotten.

“Well I just came back from Las Pegasus so…”.Octavia perched her lips when she said that.

My mouth dropped open. All the way in Las Pegasus? That sounded too crazy to be true!

“Wow, I never knew my new songs will become so famous.” I exclaimed, still stunned.

Octavia bit her lower lip. “Well, Vinyl, you see…the reason you became instantly known for your music is because….certain people already started talking about going up against you…”

I stared at her in silence now. Octavia saw my happiness walk out the door. I already heard this but not from Octavia. I knew now they were no longer rumors.

“The DJs from Las Pegasus started marketing for a Battle Royale of some sort amongst DJs. You were the top pick because…well the DJs insisted in battling against you because one of them learned about your party.”

So I didn’t become known for my music. I became known because famous people wanted to battle me.

“Vinyl I’m so sorry. The DJs…” Octavia continued but I spoke out this time.

“Eh, if Skrill-X and those other jerks want to battle against me, they better bring everything I got because when I bring in my BASS CANNON, nopony is going to be left in the audience!” I shrieked, throwing my hooves up in the air. If these DJs wanted to get me so bad, I wanted to make sure I would wipe them all off the stage with my sick new beats.

Octavia lifted her eyes and put out a little smile. “So you knew who the DJs were?” she asked me. I nodded my head with a smirk on my face.

“You’ll do fine Vinyl, I have total faith in your skills. Although I still have yet to hear your ‘Dubstep’ genre.” Octavia smiled and walked past me.

I hope Rivers and the ponies hid Soundwave well.

“Sha’ll we go in Vinyl?” Octavia asked glancing at me over her shoulder. I shrugged and followed after her. As we walked past the plains, Octavia saw my front doorway.

“Vinyl what happened to your door?” Octavia exclaimed looking down at the broken door. I walked right next to her and looked at the door as well.

“Uhh…I accidently turned on my Bass Cannon and it blew my door off the hinges” I lied. Octavia shook her head and continued to walk through the doorway.

“You’re going to blast away Ponyville one day.” she said, buying into my lie.

As I walked alongside her into my house I noticed something very odd. It was quiet. Octavia apparently felt the same way.

“I thought you had guest over Vinyl?” she questioned walking into the living room. My heart skipped a beat. Hopefully Soundwave wasn’t in there.

"Uh, there probably playing hide and seek?" I said nervously.

I walked in quickly after her, inspecting the room as she walked around it. Nothing. There was nopony in here except my furniture and the television. Octavia then walked out of the living room and made way for my music room. I chased after her, hoping she didn’t find anything odd in there. As we came into the music room I looked around and saw nothing out of the ordinary. Octavia grunted.

“Where did Rivers put my bag? I can’t seem to find it anywhere…” she grumbled and looked around. I then saw her pause for a second and turned to her left to where my room was at.

“Uhhh I’m pretty sure it’s around here somewhere Octavia” I said hoping to distract her from entering my room. She didn’t move though.

“Vinyl I’m sure it’s not around the house” Octavia cooed as she put her hoof on the knob of the door. She then turned back to me and turned the knob. “If anything Vinyl it’ll be-“

THUD!

A loud sound of something falling caused me and Octavia to stare at the open door. There on the floor laid Soundwave, still unconscious. What the buck I thought I told them to hide him?

Octavia stood there frozen. I had to calm her down. “Octavia…it’s okay…it’s just…”

THUD!

Great, now Octavia knocked out. I have two of my household guests sprawled out across the floor of my music room. I then saw six ponies peer their heads out of my room. I shot them all an angry look and pointed at the two bodies on the floor. They all walked out of the room, carefully trying to walk around Soundwave’s body.

“What happened?” I asked all of them, raising my hooves up in anger. They all looked at one another for a while and then back at me.

“Well…” Twilight started.

“…He kind a’ woke up and tried t’ leave the room…” Applejack pitched in.

“…So we bucked him in the back of the head!” Rainbow Dash finished, shoving one of her hoofs into the other.

I facehoofed. “Do you guys love to beat up aliens?”

“Well, not really, but it kind of seems…funny.” Fluttershy mumbled timidly. I finally released my hoof from my face and looked at the bodies once again. I saw Rarity and Applejack around Soundwave’s body, and I saw Pinkie Pie next to Octavia.

“Twilight can you please lift Octavia onto my bed.” I grumbled. Twilight levitated Octavia out of sight into my room.

I turned to then see Pinkie and Fluttershy helping Applejack, Rarity, and Rainbow Dash haul Soundwave out of my bedroom doorway.

I then noticed we were missing one person from the group. “Hey have any of you guys seen Rivers?” I asked. Before I could receive an answer though, I heard a flushing sound from my right side. I turned my head to see my bathroom door swinging open. Rivers closed the door and walked over to where I was.

“Hey, sorry I was jus-“ he paused his sentence when he saw the five ponies try to haul a small yet heavy robot out of the doorway. He shot me a curious look.

“Did I miss something?” he asked me, one eye bigger than the other. I shook my head and walked over the group of ponies.

They looked like they were going to need my help if they ever wanted to haul this robot out of the way.

I couldn't get things off my mind while i was helping levitate Soundwave though.

My main concerns in my mind were:

One; How am I going to explain this to Octavia.

Two; When will Princess Celestia come and visit Soundwave.

Three; When am I going to enter this Battle Royale.

And finally; when are the six ponies going to stop knocking out Soundwave!