• ...
8
 107
 4,314

...Then Again I'd Rather Prefer The Scrap Heap

These three bicker more than Megatron and Starscream. Except there is way less violence and I find their arguments quite enjoyable.

“Apple Bloom, we almost got lost back there, did you really know the way back home?” the white horse with a horn asked.

Turns out her name is Sweetie Belle. I know because the others are always saying it. Constantly.

“Sweetie Belle, I knew the way out, wha’ made ya’ think I didn’t?” the yellow one responded, (presumably Apple Bloom)

Honestly though, these horses have some really odd names. Still, I have yet to hear the name of my third captor. Unless it’s the one they call Scootaloo. I’ve heard that name constantly, and the one holding me in her mouth is the only one that seems to respond to the name

“Oh I don’t know Apple Bloom, the fact that you were constantly saying you knew the way out, and saying ‘ya’ got this’” Sweetie Belle retorted, mocking her yellow coated companion’s accent. She did have a thick accent I have heard somewhere though. If only I could remember where.

Apple Bloom shot Sweetie Belle a look, her bow swiftly turning with her head. “Okay, so we did get kinda lost, but at least we found a way out!”

That’s when I was placed on the floor and Scootaloo (I believe), spoke out.

“Apple Bloom, let’s not ever do that again,” Scootaloo pleaded. I think I could make out a hint of fear in her voice. “Ever Free forest isn’t a place we should be wondering in…”

“Well if we never entered we never would’ve found this thing” Apple Bloom added, nudging me while she said that. I’m being dragged into an argument without my permission, great. Usually I myself, rather
prefer to stand back on the side line, listening to my ‘companions’ quarrel, trying to find info to use against them-err,I mean, benefit myself.

Okay there the same scrap so what?

“…Found in the Ever Free forest, it isn’t a good idea to keep it”, Sweetie Belle replied to Apple Bloom.

Uh-oh, this had to do with me.

“But we all know it’s our friend’s, we’re not going to throw it away, or put it back in the forest” Apple Bloom said. She never gave into an argument. I sort of respected that.

I think her friends did too.

“Were sorry Apple Bloom,” Sweetie Belle said, sadness in her voice. Sadly my body is on the floor so I can’t make out what is really going.

“Still,” Scootaloo shot, “I don’t think wondering into that forest that far is never going to happen again”.

Applebloom glanced upwards, her head out of my sight now. “Okay you two, I promise we’ll never go that far into the Ever Free forest”.

“Thank you Apple Bloom I-“ Sweetie Belle started. I could tell it was her by the generous tone she usually heard.

“Hold on Sweetie Belle, I said never go that far” The yellow little horse added. I think she said that smiling.

Her attitude reminded me of Starscream’s. Really it did.

“Apple Bloom, let’s keep going, I kinda want to get my cutie mark already” Scotallo requested, once again picking me up in her mouth. Thank Primus she wasn’t damaging my circuits. These mammals usually have a liquid substance that secrete from their mouth.

“Yeah I agree” Sweetie Belle pitched in. “I want to be a little closer to Ponyville, where it’s a tad bit safer”

These names get weirder and weirder. Then again, compared to our names…

“Fine let’s go Cutie Mark Crusaders!” Apple Bloom boomed.

Seriously that’s the tenth time I’ve heard that since they’ve found me. Are they scouts for a military group or something. Sure they’re young and all but I know war. When there’s a shortage of soldiers, desperate times called for desperate measures.

I highly doubt so though. They are too lively and this place is t filled with the essence of…joy.

At this higher altitude I could see the yellow leader waving at her companions to follow as they marched slowly to a brightly colored town. Seriously this many colors would make a Pretender jealous.

“So once we get to Ponyville, what do we do?” Sweetie Belle asked trotting to the left of Apple Bloom. My position suggested that Scootaloo was behind the two, slowly picking up her pace.

“Well we go see Vinyl Scratch and return that to her-“ Apple Bloom planned but Sweetie Belle cut her short.

“Where does Vinyl Scratch live again?”

Apple Bloom stopped in her tracks as did Scootaloo, for I came into a sudden halt.

Apple Bloom stood wide eyed at Sweetie Belle and back at Scootaloo.

Well this is going to take a while.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As the Three Cutie Mark Crusaders ascended closer to Ponyville, my optics began to fail.


Being a veteran of war for about millennia, I’ve never really processed bright colors except dark pigmented colors. I’m also a soldier of shadows, preferably striking my targets in silence and not leaving a trace of my actions.

Now though, I find myself out in broad daylight, looking at colors I’ve never seen since my last visit on Earth.

But the colors aren’t what caught my attention. It’s the inhabitants.

The name Ponyville sort of gave it away, but I honestly didn’t take it serious. I mean a whole town dedicated to…horses?

Right now as these three roam the streets, I see many horses walking around, walking, talking, and bartering amongst one another. It’s almost as if they’re like society of their own.

“Mey Ainmow Mash!” I heard Scootaloo muffle. I hated when she did that. It messes with my circuits.

“Hey Cutie Mark Crusaders!” I heard a voice say. It sounded, nonchalant yet…hmm what’s the word I’m looking for.

That’s when I saw a flying horse descend down right in front of these three ponies. This day has bno shortage of suprises. She had a very, very light blue coat with a sheath of colorful hair. My knowledge of mammalians is rusty, but It isn’t gone.

“Hey Rainbow Dash, how’ve you been?” the three chorused (Scootaloo still muffling).

“I’ve been good you guys, what you all up too?” the colorful flying horse asked in return.

Scootaloo and I stood in the middle. Even though I wasn’t able to see them on my sides I knew all three were looking at me.

“We came to return this to a friend” Apple Bloom beamed.

The colorful horse, Rainbow Dash, looked at me with intense curiosity, getting in closer to get a better look at me.

“What is it?’ she asked, lifting up a brow.

“Well it’s some sort of thingy for music” Sweeie Belle chimed in.

Rainbow Dash shot up her head. “Really? That’s awesome. Well not as awesome as me but still awesome!”

Great, another Shockwave.

Rainbow Dash bowed her head again, glaring bak at me for quite some time, until she asked a question.

“Hey guys, whats that purple thing on its chest?”

…Scrap.

“What purple thing?” Sweetie Belle and Apple Bloom replied. Scootaloo was probably glancing at her mouth, trying to make out my insignia on my chest. Apple Bloom and Sweetie Belle peered over next to Rainbow dash and stood gazing at my chest. I’ve been gazed down by leaders of militia groups, assassins, and Megatron himself. Why did there gaze make me feel uneasy?

“Girls where’d you find this?” Rainbow Dash questioned. I began to think she actually had some knowledge of Cybertronians existing.

Sweetie Belle quickly glanced at Apple Bloom. It seemed as if Apple Bloom was no longer in charge now.

“Well, we-uh I- uh” Apple Bloom began, stumbling and quickly fading off. She seemed to be lost in her thoughts.

“We found it in Ever Free forest”, Sweetie Belle blurted out.

Rainbow dash widened her eyes and glanced at the two horses. Apparently that didn’t mean a good thing.

“What were you guys doing out there?”

“We…uh…we just did some…exploring” Apple Bloom stammered.

“In Ever Free forest?” Rainbow Dash quickly added.

I have a feeling this isn’t going to go well for me.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders glanced at each other with a little bit of shame. Rainbow Dash continued.
“You guys need to get rid of that…”

Like I said, no shortage of surprises.

I heard all three gasp. Yes all three, so that means I collapsed to the ground.

Ow. I couldn’t see any of the horses but I could hear them.

“No, Rainbow Dash, please were trying to get our cutie marks!”

“Yeah Dash!”

“How do you plan on doing that with getting things from a dangerous forest?”

“We didn’t wander that far Dash”

There was a long silence.

You guys could pick me up any time now.

“How do you plan on getting your cutie marks anyhow?” a voice said breaking the silence.

“Well we think it’s one of our friends”

“How many of your friends wonder into Ever Free forest?” Rainbow Dash asked curiosity present in her tone.

Again a long uncomfortable silence. I think I heard rustling of their hooves into the dirt around me. I seriously hoped they weren’t burying me.

“Well then it might not be Vinyl Scratch’s…” I heard Sweetie Belle mutter.

“Vinyl Scratch or DJ PON3?” I heard Rainbow Dash mutter.

“Same thing Dash. Besides she has an interest for musical thingies like this”

Musical Thingy? I hoped I won’t be used for the very thing I despised.

“Hmm…well Vinyl Scratch does have an interest in things like this…”

Seriously who is this mysterious figure they keep referring too? I honestly have no interest in being claimed by anyone. If only I can revert back to my robot mode and get the scrap away from this insane place. Or burn it down, either one.

“So we can keep it?” I heard Scootaloo gleam.

“Only to give it to Vinyl Scratch, but still I don’t trust it.” I heard the light blue horse exclaim. “I want you to tell Vinyl Scratch where you found it. If she doesn’t want it, I recommend not keeping it”.

More gambling with my life. I think the tables have turned on me.

“Okay, thanks Rainbow Dash!” I heard Apple Bloom exclaim.

I was being lifted off the ground now, thankfully this time I think by Sweetie Belle, for I saw Apple Bloom and Scootaloo. Then I realized, Scootaloo has a pair of wings too.

Alright I’m not gonna say it anymore but seriously. Enough with the surprises!

“Thanks Rainbow Dash you’re so cool!” Scootaloo said prancing up and down.

“Alright now Crusaders you take care now” said Rainbow Dash waving her hooves.

“Me mill Mainbow Mah” Apple Bloom muffled.

And with that the Light blue horse flew off into the clouds. Yes flew. The Crusaders watched their companion fly off into the clouds, glancing up until she was no longer in their view.

The three little horses looked at one another wondering what to TRULY do with me. Honestly right now believe it or not I would rather be claimed than discarded. Odd, yes, but the thought of being left to dwell in my own mind forever is resorting me to other, less boring, options.

On an unrelated note I think I know the word I was looking for to describe the colorful haired horse. Call me absurd but I think the word I was looking for was…cool.

“Umm guys?” Sweetie Belle mumbled.

Her companions glanced at her (and so did I).

“I think we should’ve asked Rainbow Dash where Vinyl Scratch lives”

I saw Apple Bloom facepalm(?) herself in the face. In her position I would’ve done the same.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So after 10 breems (Which on this earth is roughly 80 minutes estimated) of questioning and interrogating (yes, who would’ve thought three young horses would be intimidating. I actually misjudged them), we finally came to the house of this ‘Vinyl Scratch’.

We passed up many odd structures such as clumsily built houses built out of wood and other odd materials. Honestly how do these creatures even expect to survive a war this unguarded?

“Wow, It seems odd that Scratchy lives at the end of Ponyville” Apple Bloom said, panting from excessive exercise. She looked like she was going to pass out.

“Since when did you start calling her Scratchy?” Sweetie Belle shot.

“Ever since I got too tired to finish my sentences” the tired horse retorted. Her struggle to pull through sort of eased my tensions. Then again being in this alt mode, for Primus knows how long, is beginning to stiffen my backstrut.

“Well were here Apple Bloom don’t worry” assured Sweetie Belle.

She was relieved to hear that. So was I, in a sense.

“Well it’s really late lets hurry up,” Apple Bloom pleaded, yawning at the same time.

The three walked up to a strangely colored structure. It was a dark shaded grey with a square like frame, two stories high, but the upper floor looked…modified.

That’s when I noticed the sound. Loud heavy sound traveled through my senses, almost as if it were communicating something. I’ve heard it before. It had rythem. It had a beat.

The Irony…

The three little ones trotted to the front door. It was possibly the only normal aspect of the house. It was white and it seemed to have a Large cylinder drum in the middle. Kinda like the cybertronian cabinets back on Cybertron. Except I wasn’t on Cybertron so it must be-

m-BOWWWW BWA-NAAAA NANA-DUNN-NA BOWNANANA WANANAWA EN!!!!!!!


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Dang it” I yelled in frustration.

I can never get that rift right. I’ve been working on it forever and I can never get the end of it.

“Let me just retune the strings…”

I’ve stood in my music room for countless hours trying to find the right rhythm in this song that…that just says Pow! And so far I’ve come up with nothing. And I’ve been retuning these strings for a while. I don’t think it’s the strings.

“Alright, folks, let’s try this one more time…” I told myself. I think I finally got it.

As I brought my hooves up one more time to pick the strings of my electric guitar, I heard a faint knock on the door.

Visitors?

Nah it was probably just the neighbors complaining about my rad tunes.

I place the electric guitar down on my new amplifier (Which by the way could blast a whole through the roof…which may come in handy during parties), and walked over to my front door.

I didn’t break a sweat walking to the door. Usually neighbors always came to me yapping when I’m messing with my amps whether it is with my turn table or guitar. Some people just got no interest in music.

I began speaking immediately when I put my hoof on the door. “…I know it’s late yadda yadda, I’ll keep it…”

I glanced down to see three little fillies glancing up at my shades with their huge beady eyes.

“…down.” I muttered, a little stunned that these three little ones were looking at me. I don’t know what they’re doing out here so late.

Oh please, I hope someone didn’t abandon them here on my porch.

They glanced at me, all smiling, except for the one in the middle who had some blue box in her mouth.

Wait, I’ve think I’ve seen them somewhere before.

“Whatsup, how’s it going?” I asked nonchalantly. It was the first thing to come into my mind. I was never really good with kids.

The white filly lifted a brow up at me. Smooth.

“Hey Vinyl Scratch ‘member us?” The little yellow one with the bow asked me. I will admit. She saved me for a second. And that bow was as huge as her head.

Wait I have seen them before. “Oh I saw you kids at the Great Canterlot Wedding, I remember”. Smooth move, Vinyl, not only do you suck with kids, you also suck with names.

The three fillies looked up at me and I just stood there looking foolish.

“So umm…” I started, avoiding an akward silence. “…You kids, uh- hungry or something?”

The three fillies started giggling and looked amongst one another. I never really took myself as a comedian, but I was making myself look pretty dumb.

“No Vinyl Scratch. We came to return something of yours,” big bow asked me. Yes, l call her big bow ‘cause she’s got a big bow on her head.

Wait, I don’t remember me replacing anything. It was my turn to lift up my brow and look at the three.

Big bow continued, “Scootaloo over here found this in the Ever Free forest and we thought it was yours”. She pointed to the orange Pegasus and also pointed at the strange blue box in her mouth. “We thought it would be good to give it back to you”.

I looked at the orange Pegasus referred to as Scootaloo…wait. Oh I remember these three now. They’re the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I always hear stories about these little ones doing crazy things to get there cutie marks, which is really cool if you ask me.

Anyways back to the-‘My’-mysterious object.

Scootaloo placed it on my porch and I glanced at it, trying to get a real good look at it. I haunched down, putting me around the same height as the young ones, and picked up the object in my hand.

It was blue and silver, had a bunch of buttons on it, an audio output and a lot of other cool things. But what struck out the most was a purple little sign in the front, which looked like a deformed Alicorn (in a sense).

Me being a musical enthusiast (as long as that beat is crazy), I think I knew what this was, but that would be so long ago.

“Kids this here is a cassette player. Very old stuff I’ll give it that” I told the Crusaders. They all looked up at it with awe and wonder.

I tried to authenticate it, for the best cassette player were the Walkponies. It looked like a Walkpony but I couldn’t find the logo anywhere. Instead the cassette player said Walkman. Dang knockoffs.

“You three said you found this in the Ever Free forest?” I asked, pondering on the possibility of it being real. It seemed to be fake but it didn’t feel fake.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders all nodded their heads in unison. I looked at it a little while longer until the white coated crusader broke my concentration.

“So have you been looking for that for a while?” she asked, a hint of excitement in her voice for some reason. I was about to answer but I got a sudden itch on my eyes.

I lifted up my glasses to rub my eyes, and the three gasped.

“You have eyes?” Scootaloo shot. Big bow pitched in.

“I always thought you were part robot and those were your eyes”, she said stunned.

Dang, did I really where my glasses that much?

“I thought you were a vampire…”

Oh boy…
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
After answering each and every one of their questions (which rewarded with more questions), I placed the Cassette player on the ground and nudged it over to to Scootaloo and her buddies.

“So, are you happy that we brought your thingy back?” big bow asked.

I shot her a glance and remembered I never got the chance to answer their question. I simply stood up and looked down at the object in front of me.

“It’s a nifty little gadget. Old school too, but it’s not mine.”

The three seemed hurt by my answer. And sadly, I couldn’t help but stifle a laugh at them.

“What?” the white one exclaimed. She shunned her head.

“Really?” Scootaloo pitched

“Aww now we’ll never get our- err I mean are you sure?” big bow added.
I shot them a smile when I heard that. It was too cute to see and hear this.

“So- this was all to get yourselves some cutie marks? I asked playfully lifting my brow, and gleaming down on all three of them.

The three hunched down now stammering and fumbling over their words, not looking at me in the eyes.

“Err well not really I-we…umm” stammered Scootaloo

“It was Apple Bloom’s idea!” yelled the white coated one, pointing at big bow. So that was her name.

“Sweetie Belle!” Apple Bloom shrieked glaring at the white unicorn. The white unicorn bowed her head. So that was her name as well.

Now though, they were arguing up a storm. I think my amp’s bass couldn’t be louder than them

Alright as cute as this was I don’t want a filly brawl popping up on my porch. That will really wake up the neighbors.

“Ponies, ponies, I’m jus’ joking” I exclaimed. They all took their death stares on me.

Ah crud.

“Okay, I thank you guys very much for coming here to give me this” I stated.

I hope they didn’t tackle me.

“I’ll take it off your hands, if you want, and I’ll be very…err happy”. I forged a crooked smile.

Apple Bloom shot up and looked at me. She seemed beyond happy. “Really?”.

I returned her smile. “Yeah really”.

They all looked at each other, smiles growing across each of their faces. I decided to tell them something to lighten their mood.

“You know, If you guys are really good at finding things, you guys can try that…” I suggested. Then I quickly added something else. “BUT don’t go wandering back into Ever Free. Place ain’t cool at all. Deal?”

I extended my hoof to Scootaloo. She shook it and I passed my hand to the other two.

“Deal!” they all chorused. I lifted my hoof up and peered back into my house. Then I glanced outside looking upwards. It was getting pretty late.

“It’s getting pretty late fillies, shouldn’t you guys being going home?” I asked looking at each one lifting my shades.

“You got pretty purple eyes Vinyl” Apple Bloom told me.

I-uh.

Ah what the heck I liked that compliment and I blushed.

“Why thank y-“

“Oh snap it is getting late”. Sweetie Belle cut me off. “Let’s go Cutie Mark Crusaders” and the three stormed off back to the center of Ponyville.

“-ou” I simpy said, finishing my previous sentence. It was getting pretty dark but that didn’t mean anything to me. The night life was always the greatest, especially when I’m blasting up the music while partying!

I glanced down at my new cassette player. I merely bent down and picked up the item in my mouth and bring it inside. I was about to place the music player on the couch in the living room, but then I got an idea.

I wanted to test how good my new amps REALLY were. After all they stacked two times as high as the average pony. I decided to test both of my new gadgets at the same time. That’ll be quite a nice combination.

I approached my music room, cassette player still in my mouth until I approached the center, where my custom stadio was. That stadium is where I always practice my new beats and experiment with all sorts of music. I mean that’s just my interest: Music!

I can go on forever about it. Except slow beats. Those were always weak and boring. I’d usually fall asleep if I hear that because it’s just a bore. Music is supposed to be fun and entertaining, not boring and bland. Thankfully, Equestria hasn’t suffered from slow, bland music due to the infamous DJ PON3, whose beats keep kicking even after the music stops.

“Alright let’s do this” I said to myself glancing at my amps, instruments, and other items. I always tried combining different techniques of music, and while some came out good, they just weren’t what I was looking for.

I came up to the stadium, and began to walk on my hind legs, passing by the amps, and approaching my laptop.

“Are you ready little guy?” I asked the little Cassette player, holding it in my hooves. I laughed at myself for that little act. Me talking to something that doesn’t even talk, I crack myself up.

I could be pretty weird sometimes.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
COULD THIS DAY GET ANYMORE IRONIC?!?!

Seriously, why me. I think if the Autobots ever managed to get into my servos, they’ll surely use these methods to torture me.

The mysterious Vinyl Scratch, is a white horse with a horn, a blue shaded set of hair, and has a pair of purple optics.

Oh yeah she ALSO HAS A REGARD FOR MUSIC!

“Alright let me just plug this in…” I heard Vinyl mutter to herself.

This horse often talked to herself a lot. I wonder how she is around other ponies. Wait, no, shes worse, she couldn’t even make conversat- hey watch where you’re plugging that thing in fleshling!

“Alright let me start up these amps and the computer. This is gonna be real sick…”

Okay now, I’m really going to kill Shockwave. I was going to make his death slow and painful but no I’m going to extend his torturous death one hundred times greater.

First I’ll tear out his optic, and slowly dismantle his body. That’ll make him squirm and plead for quite some time but it won’t kill him. Hmm maybe I should shoot out his voice box after I dismantle him. Wait, no, then I won’t be able to hear him scream when I feed him to Sharkticons. Now that is music to my ea-

“Commencing in five…”

What is she doing?

“…four…”

Now I’m being lifted of this table.

“…three…”

That’s not good.

“…two…”

She lifted me up to her other palm(?)

“…one…”

I think I might pray.

“LETS BLAST THE BASS!” the white horse yelled as she pressed dramatically on my chest.

I honestly expected to combust, but nothing happen. Still, that didn’t stop her-it-from repeatedly pushing my buttons(literally).

“Whats going on? I thought I plugged in everything right”, she mumbled, setting me down and running diagnostics on the console’s(computer’s) status.

“Hmm…oh wait”

I felt my tape deck compartment open, as she lifted me up and peered in. I hope my circuits weren’t sticking out for being dropped all day.

“Oh that’s right, your outdated. Aww well that’s a bummer”. Sometimes I get the sense that she’s actually talking to me and not my alt mode.

Wait. Me outdated?

If I was able to, I’d laugh.

I’m the most cunning communication officer amongst all Decepticons.

Then again, being such a cunning, intelligent, and capable bot (great I’m beginning to sound like the bot who cast me here), I think I should’ve picked a better alt mode. I mean a cassette tape is good for disguise but I have my limits of what I can do.

Wait, I could hack into her console’s mainframe and I could possi-

“Oh well, I guess you’re just going to be for looks I guess” Vinyl sighed, as she unplugged me from the console and place me on a desk to the right of the stadium.

Damn it I can never get a break honestly. Wait why isn’t that pony leaving? She’s just standing there on the stadium. Go to sleep already…

“Oh well, at least this gives me time to practice on my guitar rift…” She said picking up the strange obj-

Wait Guitar Rift?

“Are you ready to rock, Ponyville!” Vinyl shrieked gazing at her invisible fans in her music room.

This is going to be a long moon. I know because I can see her messing with those amps. And I’ve been on Earth long enough to know about the effects of a guitar.

She stood on her two hind legs, dropping her hooves and wrapping them around the guitar.

“Alright a one..”

I need to learn how to adapt fast…

“…two…”

….because if I don’t…

“…one…”

…my circuits are going to fry.

BOWNUNANA- NANANANA-NANA- NUN- DUN DUN- DOW- DUN- DUN- DOW…