• ...
8
 107
 4,314

Madness is Bliss

"I don't give a scrap, hold them OFF!" The red doctor commanded the guards. He was frantically scanning the monitors with his optics, trying to abstract as much data as possible. "Lord Megatron will NOT PERMIT THIS KIND OF FAILURE!"

The guards turned from their addressor swiftly, and organized themselves along the large metal door leading of the lab. With a swift motion, the shadowed Decepticon ordered two of the guards forward to the door. The two cautiously approached the door, awaiting any sly tricks. As one of the guards approached the door he lowered his weapons to work on the controls of the door's mainframe. His partner approached the left side of the door weapon raised.

The remaining guards stood back watching the two at the door. The shadowed figure had his weapon trained on the door and quickly side glanced at the frenzied doctor at the controls. "This better be worth our lives doc..." the shadowed figure remarked.

The red cybertronian did not stop working on the computer in front of him. "It is worth every single one of our lives, Barricade. This Space Bridge has the potential to put an end to this war once and for all."

“Whatever you say Dead End…” Barricade merely snorted and trained his attention back to the door. It seems the two bots opened it.

The two bots descended down the doorway which led to the hall of the ship. The two proceeded slowly downwards, analyzing every aspect of the corridor. The group looked at each other in confusion. "It seems a bit too quiet don't you think?" one asked looking back at his partner in curiosity. His partner only shrugged and walked further down, his weapon raised once again. Then the lights of the hall began to falter. The two went into a battle stance trying to point their weapon at anything that looked hostile. They could not see anyone though, for the lights kept flickering. They began to cautiously approach the end of the hall until their comms began to act up, causing the two to jump in fear.

“Status report, now!” Barricade boasted through the bots’ audio sensors. The two drones looked to each other and began to give their commander a diagnostic of the situation, but suddenly the lights of the hall shut off.

“Commander, it appears the lights have turned off. We can’t see anything through the darkness” one of the drones responded. It was so dark they couldn’t see a thing down there.

“Great, picked the right day for guard duty” grumbled the other drone. The hall seemed to have gone quiet, especially the comms.

“I know right, honestly I should’ve stuck with-“

SHLAAA!

The sound of something collapsing rang in one of the drones audio sensors as he turned to the source of the sound. He couldn’t see anything through the pitch of black and kept his audio sensors on.

“V-6789?” the first droid asked, still walking towards the source of the sound.

“As a higher ranking officer, you are to address me, NOW!” the droid shouted. No response. He continued walking, not knowing where he was, or what he’ll see. His foot then suddenly hit something on the floor. Followed by the smell of burning circuits.

“What the scrap…” the droid muttered under his breath.
Suddenly the lights flashed back on and in front of him was his comrade. Or what was left of him. He was split down the middle, circuits and fluids sparking and oozing out of his torn body. The droids visor widened and stumbled backwards frantically.

“Shadow squad this is V-7894, there is a casualty on the docs, I repeat, a casualty on the docs!” He shouted into his comms, which only followed by static. The stunned bot did not have time to process the situation, his only priority was to get the scrap out of there.

With his head still focused on his fallen companion, he turned his body to fell from the scene, only to feel a sharp pain burst through the interior of his body. He turned his head back around and down at his chest to see a energon blade deep in his chest, a meter away from his spark. The droid feebly looked up to see his attacker, trying to fight back the urge to go offline.

As he finally made eye to eye contact with his attacker, he could barely make out the appearance of his attacker. The figure had a dark metallic paintjob, with the aesthetics of a certain figure. Its optics were slanted, and glowed a dark red, which screamed an urge to draw energon. He had no faceplate, only a smirk displaying satisfaction

The Dying droid tried to move from the blade piercing his chest, but suddenly heard the rays of a weapon to his right. He swiftly turned his head, only to find himself glaring into a barrel of a plasma cannon.

BLAM!

The droids head was obliterated from its body, and his body went limp on the blade, causing his body to be split in two upwards as his body came collapsing downwards. The sword wielder simply drew up his sword and holstered it in his hip. He looked to his left to glare at the executioner; a purple bot with a single optic, working on his pulse cannon.

“Took you long enough” the ninja bot snapped glaring back down at the fallen droid. The purple bot seemed to be fiddling with his pulse cannon.

“I had to cut off the communications Drift. Such a job is not so easy for such a large aircraft.” He shot back, finally lifting his single optic up to his accomplice. “Even for a scientist such as myself”

Drift snorted and shook his head. “I’m the one busting my exhaust port taking out these droids, which by the way, is no trouble as you could see”, he said lifting up his hands.

Shockwave stared at Drift and shook his head. “Relying on brute force alone, isn’t enough to take down this place. I thought we made that clear from our past operations”

“Don’t remind me of the other operations” Drift quickly said. “It was enough of a hassle to gather parts to rebuild the space bridge…”

Not far from their position there were sounds of footsteps drawing near. Drift and Shockwave narrowed their optics to see at least a dozen troops of Decepticons piling into the hallway, cutting off their path. They lined up in front of the two trespassers, drawing their firearms in their direction. In the middle of the fleet was Barricade, his eyes a vibrant red, and staring down at the Drift.

“You two rust buckets are the ones taking down my squad?” Barricade spat, switching off his glare between Drift and Shockwave.
Drift only snorted and shrugged. Shockwave stared back at Barricade, almost as if staring into his spark. Barricade could only stare at the scientist for so long, he finally trained his gaze at Drift. Drift looked back at him sternly.

“You want to take me out for a drink or what?” Drift said dryly. The tension in the room was beginning to increase. Barricade simply grinned and shook his head.

“I want to be able to get one good look at you so I can remember how it looked before I tore it to shreds” Barricade explained, picking up his claws and grinding them on each other. Sparks flew each time he slid one finger along the other.

Drift growled and took a step forward. He put his arm to his waist to draw his weapon, but Shockwave waved his arm in front of him. Drift came to a halt, looked down at Shockwave’s arm, and then back up at his optic. Shockwave looked back expressionless and then finally back at Barricade.

“Fellow Decepticon…” Shockwave said but the words were smacked away.

“You don’t look like any Decepticon I’ve seen. You look…” Barricade snapped glancing up and down at Shockwave. “…Obsolete”

Shockwave brushed off the remark and continued. “…Turn your back on these petty goals for world domination. I could offer much more in return…”

“What do you have to offer that I couldn’t possibly take from world domination” Barricade chuckled. His squad still remained behind him with their weapons drawn and ready to fire. Shockwave laughed at Barricade’s words.

“You are so ignorant from the potential of our own sciences you’d rather stick to the barbaric ways, much like the gladiators in the Pits of Kaon” Shockwave laughed. Barricade looked puzzled for a moment, but quickly snapped out of his stupor. He gave the trespasser’s words some thought. An opportunity to get more than the world… It sounded too good to be true.

Barricade lowered his gaze for a moment to think about the idea. Shockwave’s optic turned red and turned to Drift swiftly nodding.

“Finally!” Drift shouted, charging the guards and drawing his energon blade. Barricade turned his head up quickly by Drift’s shout. He transformed his hand into the Anti-Cyber Blaster, but it was too late. Drift came in quickly and took a swift lunge towards Barricade causing the blade to pierce his chest. Not a moment later, he pulled the blade to the side of his Barricade’s, causing his upper torso to barely hang on to the lower half of his body.

Barricade’s squad immediately began to open fire, but Drift was too quick, tossing the body of leader towards the front row of the squad. Once the body hit the first squad, Drift rushed in and brought his blade upwards to the first guard in the back row, cutting its body laterally, then immediately brought it around to slice of the next guards head. As his blade went through the guard’s head, another guard came from the side, wielding an energon axe. Drift quickly moved out of the axe’s reach, and went around behind the bot. The axe wielder stumbled as he brought the axe down, and Drift seized the opportunity by swiftly switching the side of his energon blade and jabbing it by his side into the back of the Decepticon. There was a sound of fizzing, which meant the blade pierced upwards into his victim’s spark.

He brought the blade out of the Decepticon, and turned around to glance at his work. Three bodies, torn to shreds. With a satisfied smile he turned back around with his blade still in his hand, only to get dazed by a fist. He stumbled and quickly raised his face upwards to see his attacker, but instead he stood their stunned.

Before him was Shockwave, but not like he has ever seen him before. Shockwave was standing on top of two dismembered bots, both mashed together in a giant heap. He had his Pulse Cannon’s Blade sticking through the chest of a barely functional Cybertronian, and his hand was grasping onto a squirming Decepticon, whose head was slowly getting crushed by Shockwave’s tightening grip. Shockwave glared at the Decepticon on his blade and quickly disposed of him, firing his pulse cannon and obliterating the lower half of the bot. The thrashing guard finally stopped squirming.

“Let’s get on with this,” Shockwave said, throwing the deceased cybertronians from his hand and cannon. “I’m growing tired of these distractions”

Shockwave walked past Drift and through the leftover bots. “Maybe we should duel one day” Drift remarked as he followed Soundwave down the hallway.

“I don’t duel Drift. It’s either I live in a fight…” he said pausing in front of a door’s mainframe. “…Or I go offline.”

Drift remained silent at the scientist’s remark. Shockwave seemed to be rewiring some of the wiring of the mainframe. Drift scanned the halls for any signs of other Decepticons coming in. It won’t be long before more come flooding in. Shockwave walked away from the mainframe and swiftly brought his blade into the circuits.

“What the scrap are you doing?” Drift questioned. Shockwave turned his arm causing the blades to pierce the wires. The door to the lab shot open. Shockwave looked back at Drift and simply walked into the lab. After another scan of the halls, Drift followed.

As the two walked into the lab, they could make out dozens of screens all displaying diagnostics, data, statistics and so on. Drift drew his energon blade from his waist but Shockwave signaled his arm upwards. “Drift let us not provoke our hostage” he said, pointing over to the corner of the lab. Drift lowered his weapon and looked over to the corner as well. There was a shiny red cybertronian quickly working on a console. He was frantically moving about and when he turned to work on the next console he froze.

“How did you get in here?” he asked frightened.

Drift laughed and said, “Oh I don’t know you should ask your buddies outside.”

Shockwave looked at the bot in silence and waited for his partner to quiet down. “We mean you no harm.” Shockwave stated. Dead End rolled his optics in response. “All I ask is that you give me the components to your space bridge and I’ll be on my way…”

Dead End’s eyes dimmed as he drew up his right arm, swiftly changing into a miniature firearm. Drift was too quick though, for he lunged towards Dead End, and sliced off his right forearm. Dead End looked at his arm terrified, and collapsed to the floor, frantically trying to reapply his dismembered arm into the stump on his right side.

“Now doctor…” Shockwave said. “Let’s try this again. Give us the components to your Space Bridge…”

Shockwave lowered his Pulse Cannon towards Dead End. “… Or suffer a fate far worse than being armless.”

Dead End stared at Shockwave for a while then finally made up his mind. “Take what you need and go you piece of slag”

Shockwave ignored his insult and walked over to the console residing by the Space Bridge. He yanked off the cover and pulled out a chip. Shockwave held the chip in his palm, thinking about his first attempt at the Space Bridge amplifier. The memories of his goal still in his mind. That dreaded Soundwave came in and put an end to those plans though. He destroyed the Space Bridge amplifier and had us all thrown into the dimension.

‘Everyone except my brother’, Shockwave thought. Shockwave slammed his fist onto the console out of rage. ‘He was killed in the blast caused by Megatron’s lapdog. And he cast me away from my dimension. Luckily I was able to amplify the space bridges of all the dimensions I’ve been to. Sadly though, they’ve only been able to send me to distant dimensions.’

‘That is until I came into this dimension. I was able to amplify a Space Bridge that was very similar to the one I’ve created before… except now it is able to expand to farther distances.’

Shockwave closed his hand over the chip and begin to get lost in thought. ‘When Soundwave shot the console to my Space Bridge, I was able to get the last coordinates the system randomized. And wherever those statistics are, Soundwave is as well…’

With that final thought, Shockwave simply walked back around and made his way back to Drift and Dead End.
“Thank you Doctor for your cooperation” Shockwave stated, then nodded his head in silence.

Dead End was familiar with signals and quickly boasted “Wait, we had a deal…”

“No. For one you tried to exterminate us, a miserable attempt at that. Secondly I promised I wouldn’t do harm to you. I never said the same for my companion.” Shockwave said staring over at Drift. The doctor didn’t utter a word.

“And third” Shockwave continued kneeling down to face Dead End, “We’re Decepticons. We have,NO, Morals.”

Shockwave got up just in time, for he quickly avoided the tip of Drift’s blade. The blade went through Dead End and left only two halves of him. Shockwave looked at the doctor only temporarily and swiftly raised a hand to signal Drift. The two began to walk to the exit of the lab, with Drift asking a question.

“I reckon I have to call Vortex to fire up the Space Bridge?”

Shockwave glanced to his side and simply stated. “If you don’t want to face another dimension’s Megatron, then yes”…
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GAHHHH!!!

I’m going to peel her apart. Slowly. Painfully. If only I still had Ravage, so I can watch him tear her to shreds. I’ll find a way to keep her optics open so she can see herself get dismantled slowly. Yes, have those huge…luminous…purple….optics…

No, now’s not the time! You want to kill her for what she just did, get a hold of yourself you slagging rust-bucket!

Not only did she ruin your only chance of communication with these fleshlings (not that I really wanted to talk to any of them) but she distorted your own voice for her pleasure! And that pleasure was for music! She turned you into the very thing you hate!

I will not be used to allow someone happiness, my purpose is to take that away…

Dear Primus I feel humiliated. Worse, I feel humiliated by a lower species. She used my voice for a form of music she calls ‘Dubstep’ and she blasted it throughout the whole ‘gig’. I’m still perched up on the stage, and the sun is beginning to shine. I could see the remnants of the party still sitting on the plains outside along with some of the horses passed out on the grass. In fact, I think I hardly saw any being leave this place. The field is littered with sleeping horses.

Forget it; I don’t want to reminisce on the events of that moon cycle. There is no noise, just complete utter silence. A sound I find myself strangely attracted to now. Well now I’m just going to sit here (because I have no other choice) and enjoy the silence.

I could get use to this sound honest-

“Oh wow what a night…” I heard a familiar voice mumble. Except this time it wasn’t screaming and boasting credit for my voice.

“Wow, what the heck?” Vinyl continued puzzled.

The next sound that came didn’t help at all.

“GOOD MORNING EVERYONE!” Vinyl shrieked, waking every single horse on the field. I think I saw one of them jump up only to collapse back down asleep.

“Hey guys, uhhh…can you guys do me a huge favor?” she pleaded.

She’ll be pleading for her life once I get out of my alt mode.

The horses all looked up with heavy eyes, waiting to hear her favor. They looked like they were all going to topple over.
“Can you guys help me clean up, please?” Vinyl begged. The horses responded by weird sounds and distorted grunts, but they all complied with her request. I saw them all get to work, throwing things in bins, and picking up items from the ground.

I was then picked off the platform I was laying. I knew what this meant. I was slowly rising up to-

Oh dear Primus, what the scrap!?

“Morning, little guy” a very tired Vinyl told me. Her hair(?) was scattered everywhere. More than it usually was. I thought I was looking at the body of Spitter.

She then grabbed me and placed me inside a bag of some sort next to her. As soon as I was in there, I knew what that meant. More darkness, which in turn, meant less sanity. She then placed her head gear in the bag as well. Well at least I’ll be able to reside here in silence without any noises.

“WOW VINYL SCRATCH THAT ‘DUBSTEP’ IS AWESOME!” a voice shouted not too far from my position. Rainbow Dash. Ah scrap she was probably back to discard me.

“Thanks Dash, I told you I had it under control.” Vinyl said happily. Oh you think you have it in control, you energon gobbling horse.

“Yeah, well I kind of want to apologize for acting how I did yesterday.” Dash added.

“Oh it’s okay Dash, you were only worried for us and that’s the thought that counts.”

“Well, okay. But let’s clean this place up so we can get off your yard” Rainbow Dash said laughing.

Oh please just seal the bag and let me rest in silence. I can’t stand to hear another sound. And this weird tingling sensation in my body isn’t helping ease my tensions. It’s helping me feel more energetic, almost as if its urging me to burst open…
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Thanks again everyone for everything!” I shouted at the crowd of ponies who were leaving my front yard. Luckily they helped me put away all the trash and the stuff I rented got picked up. I was standing by my front door because I just put in the DJ system. "I hope you all had fun, last night!"

“I'm sure we all did” a sweet voice said from the side. I glanced over and saw Rivers walking towards me from the side of the field.

“Thanks, but I didn’t see you on the field” I told him. I would’ve recognized him amongst the group that stayed, trust me.

He laughed sweetly. “I had to take Pinkie home. I couldn’t let her walk around like that, who knews what could have happened.”

I laughed at the idea of Pinkie trying to walk home alone. He did have a point. She probably would’ve stumbled into other people’s houses or might accidently topple over and knock out on the street.

“Oh well I’m glad you took her home safely” I replied. I was actually beginning to get jealous on how close Rivers was to Pinkie.

He nodded and glanced over to the inside of my house. I instantly blurted out my thoughts. “You want to come inside and talk for a bit?” I asked him. I was a little nervous but I really wanted to spend some more time with him.

The stallion frowned and shook his head. My smile faded as well. “I’m sorry but I have somewhere to go today.” He said a little saddened. "I just dropped by to see how things were going fo you". Another smile.

I raised a brow at him. "Thanks but do you really have to go? It’s not like someone died today, right?” I giggled bluntly.

Snap! Why did I say that, I just made a huge mistake!

He looked at me with a stern look. I wanted to hide now. “Actually yes, I did lose someone today, and I’m going to pay my respects” he said, a little angry.

I hung my head in shame. You’re an idiot Vinyl!

I heard Rivers sigh. “I’m sorry I didn’t mean to get mad or anything. Its just that me and him were real close…”

Close?

Oh no, I knew it was too good to be true. Why are all the good stallions going in that direction?

I saw Rivers eyes widen. Snap how could he read me like a book?

“Oh no! he wasn’t a stallion…or a pony!” he said feebly.

I wanted to keep my mouth shut. Everything I said usually led to more embarrassing moments.

“Oh” I simply said. I just wanted to leave it like that. I stood their shuffling my hooves in the dirt. Rivers stood there in silence looking at the ground as well.

“Anyways…” he said breaking the silence, “If you want I’ll drop by tomorrow and we can go somewhere. If it’s okay with you.”

My ears shot up and I looked at him with a smile. Maybe I didn’t screw this all up. “Yeah, sure, I got no problem!” I squealed. Rivers laughed and turned his body to the side, ready to walk off.

“Alright I’ll drop by tomorrow.” He told me. I was looking at his body and all I had to say was wo-

Wait, what the heck? His cutie mark…It looked...familiar.

It was a weird red symbol, sort of shaped like a disfigured Alicorn…

I gasped as I realized where I’ve seen that. It was the same thing that was on my music player, except River’s was red instead of purple. Rivers gave me a puzzled look.

“Rivers, what does your Cutie mark mean?” I asked him quizzedly. River’s eyes shot open once he heard the question.

“Oh that thing" He said glancing back at his flank. " I got it from…uhhh” he said lost in thought. I knew he was lying but I wanted to hear his story on how he got it.

Rivers just stood silent though. He turned his head away from me and closed his eyes. “I’ll come by tomorrow around 3” he said and simply walked off.

“Wait!” I shouted after him but he ignored me. Not cool dude.

I was stunned. What just happened?

I stood outside the front entrance of my door, with questions beginning to well up in my head (again).

Why did Rivers have the same picture that my cassette player have but in a different color. How did he even get a cutie mark like that?

Most importantly what the heck does that symbol even mean?

I grunted in frustration as I realized I wouldn’t even be able to answer these questions at all. I would just be wasting time. Eh, whatevers, I shouldn’t be thinking about that.

What I should be thinking about was last night. That party was insane! I mean everypony got hectic, everypony had fun, and most importantly I discovered a new type of music!

I called it Dubstep and it was brought to me by my thankful little friend, the cassette player. Actually I feel like playing around with it for a bit. It’s a jinxed item from the Ever Free forest, and was making some pretty weird noises last night. Maybe I'll try to get something out of it. I think I'll go CSI on it if i have to.

I turned around and went back inside my house. When I walked inside I passed the kitchen and the living room so I could go into the music room. As I went into the music room, I walked around to the side of the stage where the staircase was. The memories this staircase has brought me from countless years of DJ-ing (okay maybe 8-9 years).

I walked up next to my DJ system to get the backpack where I put my accessories in. I bent my head down and picked the backpack up in my teeth.

Ughh the taste of backpack is not so pleasant I’ll give you that. I took the backpack down from the stage and walked out of the music room. If I was going to interrogate a music player, I wanted to do it comfortably.

As I approached the kitchen, I felt a strange urge to make myself a nice salad. All that partying from last night made me really hungry. No, a snack will have to wait. I don’t think I could talk to something with a mouthful of salad.

I tossed the backpack onto the table and unzipped it. I put my hoof in my backpack, and pulled out my headphones and the music player. I placed the Music player on the kitchen table and began to look at it from all angles. How can this little thing do the weirdest things I’ve ever seen.

I pushed the music player to the far end of the table and brought my chair up so I can face it personally. Once I sat down on the chair, I immediately brought my hooves up and slammed them on the table.

“Alright little guy, who are you working for?!” I shouted, pointing one of my hooves at the music player.

Silence.

Okay maybe I shouldn’t have jumped to the big question so fast.

“I know you’re alive, don’t give ME the silent treatment!” I shouted once again. Still no response. Dang this wasn’t going to be easy. I looked at the clock on the wall of my kitchen.

It was 1:43.

Boy I’m going to start switching to torture tactics pretty soon. I wonder if the Bass Cannon will be a good choice for torture…
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
What the scrap is this horse doing?

“You aren’t going to make this easier on yourself if you don’t start talking…” she snapped with angry eyes, yet smiling. Is she actually trying to interrogate me?

It seemed more like she was messing around, but for some reason I’m guessing she’s actually interrogating me. I laughed at the idea of this pony interrogating me. I’m stuck in this alt mode, she can’t make me talk. Even if I wanted (which was not an option) I wouldn’t. I’ve been interrogated many times and have never uttered a word. I’ll be thrown into the scrap heap before I utter a word to this horse.

“Why were you making those weird noises in the speakers last night?” she asked once again. Seriously this horse won’t give up.

She finally sat there, glaring at me with a puzzled look. I wondered where her glasses went for a nano-click but then realized that’s of no importance. Finally the horse stood up on her hind legs.

“Yeah, I don’t got patience for interrogating, I’m just going to go straight for the torture part…”

Torture? What was she going to do to me that she hasn’t done to me already?

“…be way more funner” she said with a smirk on her face. She then turned from the table and walked out of view.

Scrap, I shouldn’t have attempted to establish communication. Not only was that plan a catastrophic failure due to Vinyl Scratch’s alteration of my voice, she and her companions came to realize that I was more than just another gadget. I gave away the only element I had left. The element of disguise.

I cursed myself for my stupidity. This is possibly the only time I screwed up in an operation. And the worst part about that, was this operation was all based on me and no other. I failed myself once again.

I was becoming weak. I was no longer the bot I was three moons ago. I felt so ashamed. I felt like my alt mode: Useless. Here I am perched up on this platform like a piece of scrap. It just left me so-

A sudden burst shot through my circuits, leaving my thoughts to go haywire. This pain was unexpected. Was this Vinyl’s plan for torture? I couldn’t see the horse anywhere. Maybe she was doing it remotely.

Whatever the cause may be, I’ve never felt pain this bad ever since I was hit by Shockblast’s Immobilizer. I felt my circuits jolting, almost as if they were frying. I began to feel my vision fade away. This is it. This is how I go offline.

I could barely make out anything before me but I could see Vinyl Scratch reappearing with a black box of some sort. I didn’t know what it was but I have a feeling that was the cause of my pain.

Suddenly I felt a change in my body. I began to feel myself unfold (Literally), causing me to stumble off the table and on to the floor. I began to feel some of my old sensors come back, and began to realize that I was seeing the world through my visors. I began to feel my legs and arms unfold from my alt mode, keeping me above the floor, but I was still unable to stand through this pain. Finally, after what felt like stellar cycles, I felt my true sensors begin to reappear. I was back in my robot mode.Spending all that time in my alt mode and burning from the inside out once again didn’t help me regain my footing that easily.


I stared at the ground below me, not trying to make any sudden movements and process how such a thing could’ve happened. How did I manage to go back into my robot mode even though my transformation cog was struck by an Immobilizer?

I only have one reasonable theory on how I’m back to my robot mode. Shockblast is an idiot. He said he built it himself but honestly he couldn’t tell a spark from an exhaust port. His effects of the weapon were probably only temporary so that could explain this.


“What…the…buck?” A stunned voice rang in the side. I turned my head slowly upwards to see the unicorn that has been torturing me this whole time. She was shocked, eyes wide, and mouth open.

I remember all the threats I’ve made to her for what she’s done to me. My visors brightened at the chance to finally put her out of her misery.

I slowly lifted one of my hands to my backside to reach for my Pulse Cannon. I brought it up to the side only to find it gone. Stunned I turned my visor from my torturer, and frantically tried to find my sidearm.

Wait.

Oh scrap, I dropped it when I became immobilized back at Shockwave’s lab. So I was weaponless. Not that it mattered considering all these inhabitants are too friendly. And I still had my fist so I could make her death a little more quicker.
I slowly and cautiously got off of the ground to regain my footing. My chassis were so rusted I could barely move, but I managed. Being cramped up in my alt mode is an option I’m never resorting back to again.

As I got up from the ground, I looked down… no…straight at the unicorn in front of me. Were the inhabitants of this world that huge?

No that wasn’t possible my alt mode was an average size. My size was roughly around the same height as this unicorn. I…I shrunk.

No, I couldn’t have shrunk. There had to be another logical reason for this. I began to throw my hands at my head in frustration. NEVER SHORT OF SURPRISES!

There was no other logical reason for this. I shrunk. It must have been a side effect from one event that occurred while I was immobilized. Possibly from the Space Bridge. The music blasting. The synthetic energon. The side effects of the Immobilizer.

“This is…” Vinyl mumbled, breaking my questions from my head. I looked over to the white unicorn whose face was still in shock.

The questions will have to wait. I’m going to make this unicorn beg for-

“This is so COOL!” Vinyl shouted as she rushed towards me and began pouncing around me. I was stunned from the unicorn’s reaction.

"I knew you were real, I just knew it!” she shouted, pointing her leg into my chest. I lifted one side of my visor to show my reaction on how this creature was acting.

I didn’t feel the urge to kill her anymore. I think it’s my soft side sprouting out, but my circuits are telling me to befriend this unicorn for a reason…
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NO WAY!

The cassette player was a giant freaking robot!

Pinkie was right, it could think!

How cool is that now?

I come in here with my Bass Cannon, ready to force the cassette player into doing whatever it does, and I find it changing into a robot!

Oh I can’t wait to tell everyone about this. Wait, no I can’t. Rainbow Dash and everyone will want me to get rid of it. I don’t want to get rid of it.

Right now I’m poking at the robot and looking at it. It’s giving me weird looks and throwing its hands around but whatever, it’s freaking AWESOME!

The robot is a blue and grey color, with these bright red glasses (I think), and he has a square kind of body. He seems like he’s made out of boxes. Boxes that are made out of EPICNESS.

“By Celestia, wow, I knew you were real!” I told the bot who looked at me with his red glasses. He looked kind of angry, I don’t know why, but I thought I’d try to cheer him up.

“Wow, Mr. Robot, you are awesome you know that?” I told him excitedly. Hopefully he’ll see it as a compliment.

The robot just looked at me for a while and turned his head to the side. Great he’s still giving me the silent treatment.

“Well hey” I said to him, going in front of his body. “My name’s Vinyl Scratch but also go by the name…”

“DJ PON-3” the robot finished for me. I stood there with a blank expression. His voice sounded kind of robotic, but it also sounded kind of like a stallion. He did sound very cold and harsh though.

“…I know who you are.” The robot continued. I waited there for a minute waiting for him to continue but he said nothing else. I finally broke the silence with him.

“So what’s your name?” I asked the Robot who was kneeling down with his hand on his head. Did he have a headache or something?

He looked in my direction for only a while. After that he got up and began to walk to the door of my house. No he was leaving!

“Wait!” I shouted as I ran to block the robot from leaving. The robot lifted its glasses on one side, almost as if raising a brow.

“Don’t go robot” I pleaded. I didn’t want to let a robot like this walk out on me. I’d miss out on the most awesome thing to ever happen to me.

The robot looked at me for a while and began to walk further. I tried blocking his path. “I can give you a home and take care of you. We can have fun and blast music…”

The robot looked at me angrily when I said music, causing me to back off a bit.

Oh that’s why he wanted to leave. The robot walked past me and made my way to the door but not before I got to tell him something. “I’m sorry”

He stopped and turned his body in my direction. Yes I got him to stay a little longer.

“I’m sorry what I did with your voice yesterday.” I told him nonchalantly. He stood there in silence. Man he never talked. “I know you were trying to do something but I mean I just couldn’t help it dude. I mean your voice is just awesome”

The robot looked around and finally back at me. I knew that might not be enough so I had to throw in some other things. “If you leave now and everyone sees you, you won’t make it through the day”.

The robot stood there silent. Wow I think I got him now.

“Also I’m not the only one who knows about you being from Ever Free forest. I don’t think it’s such a smart idea to be walking around out there. Ponies know how to deal with things like you.

I really hoped he stayed. That would be so awesome to have a robot lying around the house.

After a while the Robot actually spoke. “If what you say is true, I’ll stay here…”

I was ready to jump in excitement but was cut short.

“…However, knowing about your interest I have only two things to ask”

I nodded my head in excitement still happy that I have a robot living with me.

“You do not blast that dreaded sound and you do not speak to me” the robot added.

My excitement stopped. Well that was no fun. “You’re serious?” I asked him, sternly.

The robot just looked at me. I laughed at him. “Well, sorry, robot my house, my rules. If you don’t like them you can walk outside and face the wrath of…” I tried to think of a fearful figure. I was gambling and I needed to make something up quick so he could stay.

Then it hit me. “…The wrath of Nightmare Moon! They say if anything looks into her eyes you turn into stone and you’re forced to watch everything walk by you for eternity!”

Let’s see if that’ll work. The robot was once again in deep thought. He sure did love to think a lot.

He began to fidget and thrash his arms a bit, which looked kind of funny, but eventually he spoke shaking his head. “Fine! By Primus…”

What’s a Primus? Well that didn’t matter because I got him to stay. Yes!

I ran to the robot and gave him a huge hug. The robot’s glasses got really bright as he saw me tackle him with a full on hug. I quickly got him up and got on my hind legs. He was about the same size as me now. Odd, I honestly expected him to be a bit bigger.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t know why I stayed, but that feeling in my gut better be my conscience and not my circuits frying. I’m now forced to stay with this unicorn for the time being. My hatred for her is gone, consider ing I’m now in my robot mode, and don’t have to go to extreme measures to establish communications. Also she does have a point about her friends knowing too much about me since I ruined the credibility of my disguise.

Also, this Nightmare Moon character she’s told me about seems like an opponent I don’t want to face right after I found myself free from immobilization.

I don’t know what’s to come now that the unicorn knows I’m alive. She doesn’t seem too bad, but I still have my visors on her. I don’t want to be used for her taste in music.

“Hey, Robot, you wanna check out my music room?” Vinyl asked me eagerly. I swiftly shook my head side to side. I didn’t want to be pestered by the sounds of ‘music’.

“C’mon. Please,please,please,please,please…” She kept pestering me for a deca-cycle. I figured by now music would be a better alternative than hearing her voice.

“Fine” I said dryly. I didn’t like this one bit. Vinyl quieted down, got on her hind legs and directed me down to her music room.

“Dude you’re so going to love this. It’s going to be sick.” She told me as we walked into the music room. I glanced around the room and immediately recognized the table to the right of the amplifiers. That’s where she placed me first time I came here.

“If you want Mr. Robot, I could teach you how to work the turn tables” Vinyl told me, directing me around to the side of the stadium which had a small number of stairs leading up to the top.

We both got to the top of the stadium until we reached the console. “Those two discs right there are called turn tables” she told me slowly. I shot her a look and looked back at the turn tables. I did not like music, but something about it was beginning to appeal to me.

“You know” Vinyl started, “It’ll suck if a girl like me can play better than a robot who practically owns beats like these…”

I knew what she was doing. She was taunting me. Sadly, I still had a bit of Decepticon in me and that was arrogance. I glanced over to Vinyl who was smirking. She knew what she was doing. If she were a Decepticon I think she would’ve fit in the ranks perfectly.

Not willing to back down from a challenge. I raised my hands over the two discs to get a feel of these ‘turn tables’. I gave each of them a scratch which resulted in giving a short zipping sound. Vinyl broke my concentration. “Tell me when you’re ready, Mr. Roboto.”

I didn’t turn my head this time. I was lost in thought. Was I really going to do this?

Yes, I am. I waved my hand over to Vinyl who let out a short squeal.

“Are you serious?” she asked excitedly.

This time I turned to her with my visors enlightened.

“Soundwave: Superior. DJ PON-3: Inferior”

Vinyl looked at me with a smile on her face and replied, “It’s on, Soundwave!”

The sounds began to come out of the two towers by the console. I raised my hand over these ‘turn tables’ and I began to play music for the first time…