• ...
8
 107
 4,314

Deception

...

Systems Restabilizing

My scanners quickly turned on as my sensors begin to return to my body. I quickly shot myself upward, scanning my surroundings with my optics, looking for a particular group of individuals. I did not see any of them though. I did however see a recharging Vinyl Scratch laid out on what seemed to be a high platform. I was stationed on the ground, forced to look at this area from the bottom. She seemed to be making the same sounds she made when she slipped into recharge that one day we came back from Twilight’s…

My visor brightened at the remembrance of what happened before I awoke in this room.

My memory of what occurred before recharge, seemed mostly clouded by static due to a strange feeling in my servos but I was able to remember the events that led to me being put into my current state. I remember being charged at by five horses, all who came at me to quickly before I could act. I greatly underestimated my opponents at the moment and that was a mistake that cost me. I did not realize such horses were capable of certain skills. I felt like one of my opponents in Kaon and that was a feeling that twisted my circuits. It made me feel weak, incompetent and utterly useless.

I began to feel a bitter rage build inside me. I knew my reason for being soft.

I was losing myself due to fear. As a Decepticon, I never once feared any being. At the most, I saw them as what I was and that was a Decepticon

I looked down at my insignia prodded across my chest, which now seemed faded to a certain extent. That insignia was the meaning of fear to all Cybertronians. We had the ability to decide one’s fate if we wished and that made us the symbol of fear. We were the’ real’ monsters from the tales told to protoforms to keep them up during the moons.

Even when the Autobot faction arose in the midst of the cybertronian civil war, we were still feared for are sheer numbers and skills. The Autobots were absolute compared to the likes of us though and that led many to fear our name even more. I began to grin at the realization that we were once a strong powerful army, aiming towards the goal of a new generation of Cybertron. It would be run by greed, havoc, and corruption. Just the way I would like it…

I shook my head harshly and slapped my palm over my head. What was I thinking now? I couldn’t have been praising the army I soon began to despise. I was contradicting myself by doing so and that would not help me put an end to my internal conflict.

Then again, to be part of a tyrannous group for close to millennia and suddenly despise it, was a contradiction itself. My thoughts began to process much faster.

The Decepticons were winning the war but then many faults grew. Everything it once aimed for began to crumble to the ground, leaving all those in its own faction to target one another. The Autobots began to quickly realize this, and turned the tides of the war around. They began to fight more valiantly and progressed into a side that equaled are own.

We let the Autobots gain the upper hand through are arrogance and anger. We let our primal habits gain hold of us and for that we began to lose the war. And because of us that we began to taste fear for the first time.

The idea that I finally processed was entirely mad but it was the most probable answer. They undid all of their work because of their corruption and anger. Through corruption, the Decepticons became weak. Their once strong army became broken, due to their own desires. Through desire, they became unorganized, leaving holes into the heart of the Decepticons. I know, because throughout my entire service for the Decepticons, I was the one to always fill those holes. This whole time, I’ve been the one keeping a broken cause together. I’ve been the bearer of their sins…

My anger began to fade slowly as I came to the realization of this. I felt every urge in my body itching to torture the horses that assaulted me but I knew now that I could not. I couldn’t let revenge get hold of me, for if I did so I will become sloppy and unorganized. I will surely be hunted down if I let my urges be fulfilled and I will not regret a moment of it but being on the run in a world I had no way out of, would leave me to be the very thing I despise: weak, pathetic, and useless. I will most certainly not leave myself unguarded for another attack and be taken down so easily though. I have to maintain stability but I will not be thrown around by a lower species like that ever again.

I sat on the floor next to a resting Vinyl Scratch. I shot my visor to my right to see the unicorn smacking her lips in her sleep and shifting her body to the other side. I remember the first time I came into this world and saw this particular creature. I despised her with my entire spark, yet I did not even know her. Her interest in music is what led me to despise her but as I soon began to adjust to the unicorn’s ways and interests, all my anger was gone.

I began to think that all my anger came from ignorance of change. It seemed very pathetic yes, but looking back on it, I could see the signs. Change seemed to be my enemy and my ally here…

I decided to not waste time thinking on such thoughts. I’ve made up my mind on this matter and I do not plan on turning away from my final decision. I directed my attention to my neuro sensors now, lifting my body off the ground and standing up. I glanced around the room and noticed a number of odd objects scattered around. Most of the objects seemed to be like the ones in the music room, but this room was much smaller in comparison. I believe it was Vinyl’s room, for it just had every aspect of her.

Vinyl Scratch swerved a bit more, still concealed under the covers of the platform. I made no attempt to wake her up so I could save myself a few moments of investigating. I began to walk towards the door of the room. The area seemed a bit quiet, so it was quite possible ‘our unwanted visitors’ were gone. I had no intention of meeting my attackers so soon. I may have set myself to certain rules but I am not willing to abide by them that fast…

I stopped by the door when I began to hear a faint noise coming from the next room. It appeared to be coming from the music room. It had a very rhythmic flow, not one I was familiar with. I stood by the door shocked by the sound of the strange noise coming out from it. It seemed to be the music Vinyl played the first time I entered her household.

Soon the noise began to grow louder though. And when the sound gets louder so does the bass…

My audio sensors soon begin to pick up the full sound of the mix being created next door. There was definitely visitors here and I was not going to go outside to greet any of them.

“Uhhhh….whoa Soundwave you’re already…” I heard Vinyl mumble. I turned away from the door to face the unicorn, who was now shifting her body upwards from the platform she laid on. She rubbed her optics and then looked at me.

“Oh, I thought that was you fiddling with the guitar.” She added giving me a lazy smile. Her hair was once again a mess, and her optics were slightly open. “That would’ve been awesome if you were learning to play the guitar.”

She threw her legs off to the side of the platform and began to slowly lay all her four legs on the ground. She stumbled as all four came down to touch the ground but she made a quick recovery. I looked at her with dinted visors, my servos still flowing static. Vinyl walked over by me and waved to me lazily.

“Good morning Soundwave, how’d you sleep dude?” she asked me, looking up at me. I looked down at her trying to process what she just told me. What is this ‘good morning’ she’s talking about?

I decided to return her wave back at her, lifting up my arm and moving it from one side to the other. That did mean greetings anyways. Vinyl’s optics widened despite the weight her lids seemed to carry.

“Oh snap, you know what that means?” she shot at me in disbelief. I shot her a look as if she were mad.

“Waving is universal.” I replied, crossing my arms in front of my chest. She let out a gasp and approached me eagerly.

“Really?” she asked excitedly. I couldn’t help but chuckle inside. It seemed she would’ve bought anything I said. Then she lowered her gaze and brought it back up. She now looked puzzled.

“Well, is it multidimensional?” she added. I stood there speechless. Scrap, she turned this around on me. Apparently she saw that somehow. She let out a tired laugh and shook her whole body. She then turned away from me and approached a desk. She reached out to get something on the desk and when she spun back around to face me, I could see she was wearing those visors. She smiled as she approached me with the visors covering her optics.

“I usually keep spares around” she remarked shrugging. I simply nodded. Vinyl then tilted her head to the side and looked at me.

“How’s your head holding up?” Vinyl questioned. She seemed to be smirking. I wished not to think of the horses who mercilessly beat the scrap out of me. I remained silent, hoping that Vinyl will move on.

“Well, the second time it seems they bucked you pretty hard…”

My visors brightened at the realization there was a second time. I glanced around the room only to look at the door next to me and Vinyl. I then remembered I was in this room before. I could recall getting up after being attacked the first time in a room of some sort. I then remember getting up to see a door of some sort in front of me and I instinctively made way for it. After that I couldn’t recall much of anything else. Not even my attackers.

“…Hauled you in, I got pretty bummed out so we just left you on the floor and I decided to take a nap.” Vinyl said, standing on her hind legs and stretching. I shot her a quick look, hoping she was over with my humiliating battle and turned back to the door. It seemed as if the music was still going on. Vinyl whistled.

“Dang that’s a heck of a rift” she muttered as she approached the door. She glanced at me. “How about we check it out?”

I was just about to protest against her decision but she flung the door wide open, which allowed the noise from the music room to envelope us. Vinyl walked out of her room to the music room and I stood by contemplating if I should follow. I looked around Vinyl’s room one last time, realizing it was a compact area for me unlike the music room, so I went with my desire for more room.

As I left the room and entered the music room I immediately heard voices.

“Vinyl Scratch you’re awake!” A happy pink horse exclaimed prancing around the blue haired unicorn who walked toward another grey horse. Another horse? Where’d that one come from?

“Yeah Vinyl ya’ been knocked…” the orange horse started, but seemed to have stopped when all her other friends were looking behind her and Vinyl.

All my sensors froze. There before me were the horses who mercilessly pounded my circuits in. They all looked up at me, this time though, with curiosity not hatred.

“Whoa hey you two awake now?” a voice announced from the edge of the room. I quickly turned my gaze away from the horses only to rest my eyes upon Rivers, who was perched up on his hind legs with a guitar in his arms. He was shining a smirk at me.

I narrowed my visors down at him, remembering his sarcastic laughter as I got tackled to the ground. Vinyl scratch appeared to be whispering lightly, leaving some sound in the room. I turned over to the horses to see them all huddled around Vinyl Scratch, giving me slight glances and mumbling to one another. As the horses began to talk more amongst each other I noticed something. There were two horses missing from the group. Twilight and Rainbow Dash.

Apparently Vinyl could see that too, for she perched her head up amongst the group and asked Rivers a question. “Hey, where did Twilight and Rainbow Dash go?”

Rivers looked at Vinyl and snorted and directed his optics toward me. “I think they left as soon as they could when they knocked out the alien robot a second time…”

“Rivers tell them the truth…” the mysterious grey horse spat. She had an elegant voice, yet it could be ferocious judging by her previous remark.

Rivers looked over to the grey horse and shrugged. “Well, it would seem like it… anyways Twilight said she was really sorry she couldn’t stay but she had to go study for a test of hers or something. As for Rainbow Dash, she had cloud duty today”

I looked at the horses before me and then finally at Vinyl. In a sense it did seem that my main attackers did flee when they had the chance. Vinyl probably had no awareness of the matter though, for she only laughed and shook her head.

“The way Dash moves those clouds, I’m sure she would’ve been done by now.” Vinyl laughed. I shot a look at her immediately. I did not wish for that blue horse to come back anytime soon. Vinyl saw my gaze and her laugh faltered.

“Eh, well they have their thing to do so I ain’t gonna bug” she added feebly, turning back to the horses.

“Oh yeah, one more thing…” Rivers added. He propped back down on all fours and walked around to the side of the stadium where the stairs met the floor. He walked down the stairs and walked over by my side. I was still standing outside of Vinyl’s room and he prodded himself down next to me.

“You guys been knocked out for a full day” he added. Vinyl stopped what she was doing and looked at Rivers with wide eyes. I looked at her puzzled wondering why she was in shock. Vinyl immediately rushed pass the crowd of horses, most following her body with their gaze. Except the grey one. She looked up at me with frightened curious purple optics. Strange considering I’ve only seen on other horse around here with purple optics. I looked back at the horse, and felt a strange habit being acted out by my body. I waved at the horse.

The horse lifted up her brow in response and waved back timidly with a nervous smile. It felt peculiar to greet one of these creatures but at the same time it put the tension in the room at ease.

My concentration was broken by the sudden sound of excitement and joy. I turned my visors a bit down to see the horses all talking to one another and looking up at me. Excluding one horse. Where was Pink-

“We’re sorry Soundwave” a sudden voice said in my ear. Startled, I turned my visor to my right side to see Pinkie’s head poking out from my back and lashed out. I was not going down again without a fight. She ducked behind my back though, giving an ‘eep’ and leaving me to thrash out at nothing. I turned to my back around to find where the horse went. How the scrap did she do that?

“I guess you’re still mad at us then” a sad voice added from behind. I turned back around to see Pinkie looking up at me, with a sad look on her face. How was this horse capable of such agility? I did not wince at the sudden appearance of the horse but I did began to process what she said in my servos. Mad? That didn’t come close to how I felt about-

“We’re sorry Soundwave” Pinkie added, bowing her head. I stood there shocked. Sorry? Was this horse apologizing for beating me down? That was the most imbecile thing I’ve ever hea-

“We are sorry giant robot” the orange horse added. All the other horses started to pitch in.

“We are all really sorry, truly” the white horse pleaded, looking up at me. They all seemed to be apologizing for their violent assault against me. I looked over at each one wondering if I should feel anger or humble. I decided the best emotion for now was nothing. I had no desire to process an emotion at this moment.

“We were just scared” a fragile voice pitched in. I turned to see a yellow horse hidden between her companions. It was the horse that slipped into recharge due to the sight of me. She seemed to be looking at me with frightened optics.

Scared and frightened. My visors widened at the realization of this.

“Yes, we didn’t mean to hurt you. It’s just that Rainbow Dash and Twilight have a habit of doing things to protect us from things they’d consider dangerous” the white unicorn added.

They feared me and for that they acted rationally without a second thought. It began to make sense, but just by making sense of it didn’t make me trust them. For all I know, they could be treacherous and conniving.

I no longer feared these horses before me though (not that I ever did before). I would no longer underestimate their skills, but now I was aware of their abilities. I had my guard up, so if I was to be attacked by any members of the group, I’d surely have the upper hand.

After tossing the idea in my servos I finally decided to accept this ‘apology’. I had no urge to waste my words on them though. I simply nodded to show approval of their pleas.

All the horses’ optics brightened at the sight of my approval and began to approach me eagerly. I put my foot forward to prepare myself for another assault but they stopped a good distance from me. The group of horses stood before me and announced themselves to me.

“I’m Rarity” the white unicorn said, placing her arm on her chest.

“I’m Applejack” the orange horse added, putting her arm up to her hat and tipping it off. Soon the yellow one walked next to her, still frightened by me.

“I’m Fluttershy” she told me waving timidly and looking at me with fragile optics. Something about her character reflected an aspect I couldn’t quite endure.

“And I’m Pinkie Pie!” the pink horse exclaimed, her hair bobbing up and down. It was extremely inflated and it seemed capable of standing high on its own despite its size.

The horses before me were now looking up at me. I guess they were expecting me to say something in response to their greetings. I then saw a fifth horse approach from behind all the other horses before me. It was the grey mysterious horse. She walked alongside Pinkie Pie and glared up at me too with her huge optics.

“Well, Hi I’m Octavia” she told me bowing her head briefly and bringing it back up to me. “I’m Vinyl’s best friend.”

She didn’t seem as intimidated of my appearance in any sort despite this being her first time seeing me. Why was that?

All the horses stared at me now still waiting for me to respond. I figured a quick greeting would be all I should give these horses so they can leave me and I can get to my only objective here. I glared at the stadium which still had the turntables and the console.

I lifted my arm up to my chest to announce myself. “I’m-“

“Soundwave from the planet Cybertron” Octavia stated flatly. I turned my visor towards her direction, confused on how this new horse knew of my past as well. Did she have a guardian like Rivers did?

She seemed to be reading my thoughts for she pointed over at the two horses beside me. They’ve been talking for quite some time and I haven’t even noticed it.

“Rivers told us everything” she said waving her arm over at him. Rivers apparently heard and turned away from Vinyl Scratch to face the horses and me.

“Oh, yeah, I told them everything while you two were sleeping. I thought I’d inform them so they wouldn’t be completely lost about the situation” Rivers commented. Vinyl looked over at Octavia and then back at me. What were the two discussing about?

“Well, then. It seems that-“ I started but was cut off.

“Wait, Soundwave where you come from do they have parties?” an excited pinkie asked me. I could recall me being at one with Vinyl Scratch.

I nodded my head to show that I did have some knowledge on parties. Pinkie’s mouth went into a wide smile.

“I’m going to throw you the biggest party ever!” she shouted throwing her hooves up in the air.

I dinted my visors. This party Pinkie speaks of is leaving me to wonder what she and her companions are planning to do with me…

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I looked over at Soundwave who was now beginning to talk to Pinkie, Fluttershy, Rarity, Applejack, and Octavia. It seemed weird that they were all getting along fine now. Pinkie seemed to have announced that she was going to throw Soundwave the biggest party ever (which was weird because Soundwave seemed to be the one who would make the parties big).

Rivers saw that he was chatting with the horses and turned back to me. We still had some things to talk about. Apparently I was knocked out for a whole day. A whole day! The idea of a day less left to spend with Octavia sort of made me feel a bit sad. Also Rivers told all the horses about Soundwave and where he was from. I’m glad he did that. I was worrying the whole time, scared that Octavia might knock out again and the horses may attack Soundwave (which would not be a pretty thing to see).

“Yeah so anyways” River said turning away from the chatting figures and back towards me. “…you sort of had another guest over…”

My body froze because I got scared. Did Celestia come by when we were asleep? Rivers continued on. “…They dropped by and wanted to give this to you”

I saw Rivers walk pass me and rush over to the other side of the stage. I could see from the corner of my eye Soundwave following him. I looked at Soundwave who then looked at me for a second then quickly turned away. It was sort of funny how he did it and that made me laugh.

Rivers came back from around the stadium, holding an envelope in his mouth. I looked at it for a while wondering what could be in it.

“Mmm…cun moo gav it frun I outh?” Rivers mumbled with the paper still in his mouth. I shook my head and levitated the envelope out of his mouth. Rivers began to flick his tongue around.

“Paper does not taste good, I’ll tell you that” he grumbled. I gave him a smile and turned my attention back to the envelope. I opened up the envelope which had a black and gold seal on the flap. It was a Disc with a gold X plastered across it. Well it sure didn’t seem like it came from Celestia thankfully.

I levitated the paper out of the envelope which was also a glossy black fold to fit into the envelope. I unfolded the paper in front of my face and realized it was a flier. It was a jumbo of colors, a lot like the rainbow. Only the rainbow was visible during the night. I looked down to the bottom of the flier and saw a picture of a turntable with headphones right next to it. Underneath that were words that said:

Dear Competitor,

You’ve been invited to participate in the “Equestria’s top DJs” event, brought to you by yours truly, the ponies of Equestria. The event is to hold seven days after receiving this letter and we ask that you prepare for what may be the most intense gig ever known to Equestria. Your other competitors will be Skrill-X, Yin and Yang, and Deadmau5. We wish you the best of luck at this event and hope to see you there.

This was the letter to the Battle Royale. My eyes were stunned at the sight of this flier. I couldn’t believe this was going to happen. It felt awesome to know that I was being called ‘a top DJ’ but at the same time, I felt nervous about going up against the top DJs of Equestria. Even when in their younger years they became well known throughout Equestria. I scanned the flier another time and this time I saw words written out on the bottom of the letter:

Well, if you’re even willing to show up
–Skrill-X

Alright that’s it, I’m going to go to that gig and shove those words right up Skrill-X’s-

“What happened?” Rivers asked cutting off my final words. I placed the flier back in the envelope and tossed it aside.

“Eh, just more junk mail” I lied. He shot me a look and tilted his head.

“Really?” Rivers commented lifting his brow. “Well I’ll be honest I don’t think when colorful flamboyant ponies give you a letter with a gold black seal, it would be considered junk mail…”

Dang it why did Rivers have to always see through me? I shook my head and smirked at the grey horse. He crossed his eyes toward his muzzle and I laughed. I found it weird how Rivers could be so immature and reckless when he was able to beat up Soundwave and saw his closest friend get killed by Timberwolves. I kind of liked that Rivers could be so happy even though he has obviously been through some things. It helped me see that no matter how bad things were, you could still get passed it.

“…Your planning to play in Canterlot?” Rarity asked excitedly from the side. I glanced over to see the horses (and Soundwave) huddled around Octavia. They barely heard of Octavia’s upcoming performance and the horses seemed to enjoy it. Well most of the horses; I knew Pinkie wouldn’t be interested in that type of music. Neither would I but I might go see Octavia perform (even though it may mean hours of torture).

“Yes I’m planning to perform at the great Canterlot Theater four days from now” an excited Octavia explained. I remembered that my whole day of rest ruined a day I could’ve spend with Octavia. My ears wilted at the thought of that.

“If you guys would like to come see me perform, I’ll be more then glad to allow you mares entrance into the theater” Octavia added, gleaming at Soundwave. “Although, I don’t think I’ll be able to gain you entrance”.

Soundwave stared at Octavia with his glasses and then turned away to the side of Rivers. I looked at what he was looking at and saw him looking over at the turntables.

“Oh thank you so much Octavia, I’m sure we’ll all be glad to go” Rarity said, speaking for all the mares in the group. The other mares thrashed their heads up and down. Octavia shook her hoof and said “No problem. Anything for the friends of my best friend.” She looked at me with a very playful look and I blushed. After that she looked at Soundwave and cleared her throat. What was she going to say?

“So, you are the one behind DJ Pon-3’s music I suppose?” she asked a now confused Soundwave. Apparently he forgot that Rivers told all the ponies everything we knew about him. It seemed as if Rivers understood Soundwave more than I did though.

Octavia laughed at Soundwave’s expression and repeated my thoughts to Soundwave. “Remember that Rivers told us everything?”

Soundwave stood quiet after that, probably feeling dumb for forgetting that. Octavia continued speaking to him.

“Well, it seems that your music led my good friend over there” she said motioning her head over to me, “Into quite a difficult position…”

I shrugged my shoulders and turned my head to the side. “Hey, haters gonna hate…”

Octavia still continued on. “…She’s supposed to attend…”

Soundwave spoke up now (which was rarely. RARELY!). “…The Battle Royale. Yes, I’ve been informed on the matter by a certain horse.”

Soundwave shot a look over at Rivers, who playfully threw his hoof in front of his face and brought the other one down while saying “Oh, stop it you.”

I giggled a bit but then realized that Rivers told Soundwave about the upcoming gig. I didn’t remember Soundwave and Rivers ever having a talk about this. I felt like they talked about other things when I wasn’t around.

I heard some gasps around the room also.

“You can’t go into battle Vinyl you’ll get hurt!” Fluttershy pleaded with sad eyes. Rarity and Applejack both looked at her from the side.

“Uhh, Fluttershy, I don’t think Vinyl is goin’ t’ be in a real battle…” Applejack replied. Rarity nodded her head from the side.

“Oh…” Fluttershy added. Pinkie Pie though, knew what the battle was about.

“You guys, Vinyl is going to go up against other DJs and I know she’s going to win!” Pinkie said excitedly. Wait I don’t remember Pinkie ever being told about the battle before Octavia mentioned it.

“How’d you know that Pinkie?” I asked her, giving her a look through my shades. It may have been possible that Rivers told her because she knew him better than the rest of us. Hmm, I wonder if she knew about River’s Soundwave as well…

“Oh Soundwave was thinking it” She said, pointing her hoof at Soundwave who was now walking back slowly with his arms up. I think he was beginning to get scared of Pinkie’s mind reading abilities. I was always scared of that too. We all looked at Pinkie in confusion and looked back at Soundwave who seemed to be posted on the wall, trying to keep his distance. Pinkie looked at all of us as if we were the crazy ones.

“What?” the pink earth pony asked giving all of us a curious look. We decided to ignore her mind reading ability. There was no way we could ever understand what goes on in that horses’ mind.

Rarity asked a distant Soundwave a question. “So if you put Vinyl in that position, how do you plan to get her out?”

Rivers walked in and opened his muzzle to say something.

I turned back to Soundwave who still seemed to be eyeing the turntables. I think I had an idea.

I rushed over to Rivers to quickly put a hoof to his mouth before he said anything. Sure, Octavia knew how the music was created and so did the mares but I want them to witness the music themselves. Plus Soundwave’s skills have improved a lot over the past two days.

“Hey Soundwave, why don’t you go show these ponies how you pump up the bass?” I told Soundwave. He looked at me with bright glasses and walked away from the wall. He walked pass me and the other horses up onto the stage with the amps, console, and turn tables. Wow, he really wanted to blast some music.

“Uh, Vinyl what’s he doing?” Octavia asked me, who seemed to have walked by my side. I turned to Octavia smiling.

“Just wait and see…” I replied to her. I turned around to see the four mares looking up at the robot on the stage who was messing around with everything he could see. They all looked at me with an odd look but I gave them all a wink to show them that everything will be fine.

Rivers walked over to Pinkie Pie’s side. “Alright ponies, are you all ready to witness the power of ‘Dubstep’?” he announced. The ponies looked at him with raised brows. Rivers looked around at each pony and shook his head.

“Don’t ask. Just look at the stage…” he grumbled as he stood looking up at the stadium. I turned back around and looked up at Soundwave as well. He was done messing with everything on the stage and had his hands on the turn table. For a while he stood there doing nothing.

Octavia leaned over to my side and began to whisper. “So, he’s going to help you through the sound of silence? I think you would have a better chance at winning this competition with-“

Octavia was cut short by a soothing techno sound coming from the amps which was mixed with words:

It’s a long way back, to heaven

And we’re on our way, together

I wish I was yours, forever (and ever), and ever, (and ever), and ever

I’ll hide you, I’ll keep you, I’ll find you (I’ll never let you go)

I’ll hide you, I’ll keep you, I’ll find you (I’ll never let you go)

I’ll hide you, I’ll keep you (I’ll keep you, I’ll keep you)…

The room then grew silent after the verse of words. Octavia whispered in my ear.

“Was that-“

She never got the chance to finish. The room was instantly filled with the sound of warping beats compacted to create a heavy flow. I felt my jaw open at the sheer epicness of this song. Where did Soundwave even find the verse to these songs he created?

I looked around the room, which was still being attacked by Soundwave’s awesome beats. I turned to see the four ponies behind me and I laughed so hard. All of the ponies’ mouths and eyes were wide open in shock. Even Rivers’.

I was getting chills from Soundwave’s song but I managed to keep laughing at what I saw. I turned to Octavia to tell her about what I just saw, only to see something that made me laugh even harder.

Octavia’s expression was exactly like the five ponies behind me, except this time her hooves were covering her ears. She seemed frozen.

I toppled on to the ground laughing and holding onto my gut, hoping my insides wouldn’t burst open from this much laughter. This was a priceless moment!

I finally stood up from the floor after a couple of seconds of laughing and got up to look at Soundwave. He was really into this new music thing I realized. It made me so happy that I had a giant robot in the house that loved to drop beats like me (actually, no harder!)

And it’s tearing apart

Your breaking my heart

Forever and Ever

And it’s tearing apart

Your breaking my heart

Forever and Ever

This part got a bit slower now, so my friends began to break out of the trance of the Dubstep.

“Hey Vinyl Scratch!” a voice shouted from behind me. I turned around to see a shocked Rivers looking at me. I giggled.

“Yeah?” I yelled back, trying to be heard over the sound of the music.


I’ll hide you, I’ll keep you, I’ll find you (I’ll never let you go)

“I think we should stop calling him Soundwave!” he suggested nudging his head in Soundwave’s direction. I lifted a brow. What did he mean by that?

“What?” I asked him wondering what he meant.

I’ll hide you, I’ll keep you (I’ll keep you, I’ll keep you)…

It then went silent after that. Rivers took the chance.

“We should start calling him Soundblaster because…”

A second wave of wubs came in at full blast. Rivers ears flew back as well as the other mares next to him. Rivers still tried to speak to me through the sound of the music.

“That’s why!” he shouted, but I could barely hear him. The music was giving me an extreme case of the chills. I really wanted to flow with the beat of this song!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, Soundwave’s (hmm, I wonder how he would like the name Soundblaster) music eventually came to an end. After about an hour.

“That…was…” I started still in shock from that marathon of music but was quickly cut off.

“AWESOME!” a voice shouted from behind. I only knew one pony who loved that word. I turned around to see Rainbow Dash hovering at the entrance of the music room.

Okay I mean really, will it kill them to knock every once in a…wait I don’t have a front door anymore. I shot a look at Rivers who looked back at me weird.

“What?” he asked.

“You owe me a door dude” I replied sternly. Seriously I am not going to live in this house doorless. Especially with a robot who has no whereabouts of the outside.

Rivers rolled his eyes and nodded. We then turned our attention back to the blue pegasus who was here for half the show I guess. I was just about to ask her what she was doing here but my guest asked for me.

“What business do you have around here?” Soundwave shot coldly. My body froze. I don’t think Soundwave was very forgiving towards the blue Pegasus who bucked him up. I looked at Rivers quickly and gave him a look saying ‘make sure Soundwave doesn’t kill anyone’.

Rivers nodded his head back and looked at Soundwave. The giant robot was staring at Rainbow Dash with a very cold stare. Rainbow Dash looked at the robot with guilty(?) eyes.

“Well..I…uh” Rainbow Dash stammered floating closer to Pinkie Pie and Rivers. I hope she didn’t get any closer than that.

“…uh…IcamebacktosayI’msorry!” she said almost as fast as she could fly. I didn’t even know if Soundblaster understood what she just said but even if he did, I don’t think he would be very nice about it.

Soundwave stared at Rainbow Dash with his red glasses not saying anything. Rainbow Dash looked at the robot with a dry smile.

“Yeah, I just did what anypony would’ve done if they saw a robot walking around” Dash added, laughing feebly. Nope not me; first time I saw Soundwave I just stood there in shock. I was kind of surprised Rainbow Dash wasn’t the first pony to greet him honestly. Then again she was only being safe because she thought it was cursed or something like that.

We all stood there in silence, still waiting on Soundwave to talk. He moved away from the turntables and went down the side of the stage. My heart began to beat like crazy. I prayed that he didn’t do any harm to Rainbow Dash. I shot a look at Rivers who was now on alert. His ears were perched upwards.

Soundwave walked pass me and Octavia and went towards Rainbow Dash. As he walked closer, I could see Rainbow Dash beginning to put out her chest like the hothead she is. Rivers stared at Soundwave as he stood in front of Rainbow Dash. I wondered what he was going to do.

I then began to see Soundwave lift up his arm slowly. I began to shake a bit and Rivers eyed Soundwave’s arm, ready to take him down in case of anything. Rainbow Dash seemed ready to take down Soundwave once again too, for she was looking at him with a strong expression. Wow, I think they’re going to start a war in my house. Soon, I don’t think I’m going to need to focus on just fixing my door.

As Soundwave brought his arm slowly over Rainbow Dash I closed my eyes. I didn’t want to see what was going to follow after.

For a while I heard nothing, but then I heard gasps.

“So, does that mean you forgive me?” I heard Rainbow Dash say. I opened my eyes in the direction of the blue Pegasus and stood there wordless.

Soundwave was patting Rainbow Dash’s head. I couldn’t believe it. I looked at Rivers and the other ponies who looked just as shocked as me.

Wow, if Soundwave can forgive the pony that attacked him he must’ve been the good guys back on his home planet…

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I don’t know the reason for patting my attackers head. It seemed reasonable to use a diplomatic tactic with the situation, but I was never one to resolve to diplomatic negotiations (only extortion).

Rainbow Dash’s hair was extremely soft when my palm patted it down. It may have been one of the softest things I’ve ever laid my palms on. The horse looked back at me shock, looking at me with pink eyes, waiting for me to respond to her previous question. I only nodded my head in response and stop patting the extremely soft hair on her head.

“Well, I should be going now” Rainbow Dash said looking over behind me. I turned to see Vinyl Scratch look at me with stunned optics. She must have been watching me the whole time.

She shook her head and finally snapped out of her trance. “Oh, so you just came to apologize?” she said looking at the flying horse. I looked at Rainbow Dash too, thinking the same thing.

Rainbow Dash looked back at me and Vinyl. “Well, I thought I would be nice to apologize to the awesome robot. Besides I have more resting to get on with” Dash commented.

I heard Rivers make a strange sound from the bottom and I looked to my side.

“You know, I think we should ALL get going now” he said motioning his arm towards all the horses by his side.

“We only stayed to make sure Vinyl and Soundwave would be good” he added. The other horses nodded their heads.

“Yeah, I have t’ get back t’ the Apple Farm anyways” Applejack said. The three other horses started to add on to the topic, but I shut off my audio sensors for I was lost in thought. I began to feel a strange feeling around my circuits that I couldn’t quite put my sensors on. The feeling felt universal. It felt very similar to Space Bridge traveling…

“Well thank you Vinyl, for letting us stay over” Pinkie said walking over to Vinyl.

“Yes, thank you very much dear” Rarity added following Pinkie. Fluttershy, Applejack, and Rivers followed.

“Bye Vinyl Scratch” Fluttershy said timidly.

“See ya’ Vinyl” Applejack said waving her arm.

I saw Rivers come in right after Applejack, but I saw a fast blur and immediately noticed Rainbow Dash in front of Rivers.

“Bye Vinyl Scratch” Dash said, and whispered something in Vinyl’s ear. She then turned to her backside and the two ponies looked at Rivers. I had no clue what they were talking about. I then noticed the grey horse, Octavia next to Vinyl. She was quiet and stared at the leaving visitors.

Rainbow Dash then flew away from Vinyl and now it was his time to speak with Vinyl.

“Well, I’ll see you next time…and I’ll pay for the door soon, don’t worry.” He said, shaking his head. Vinyl glared at him with her visors.

“How about you just fix the door now?” she replied sarcastically. I narrowed my optics back at the entrance of the house and noticed the rays of the sun beaming into the open doorway. The five horses were by the exit of the music room and I could hear one of them call out something.

“We’ll try to make it to your performance Octavia. Bye!” one of the mares called out. I could hear Rainbow Dash mutter something else. “What performance?”

After that, the ponies went outside of the house and into the light. It felt great to know they all left. I then saw the horses come back into the house running. Scrap I spoke too soon.

“Oh, wait, bye Soundwave!” Pinkie exclaimed.

“Bye, Soundwave” Fluttershy said.

“Till’ next time” Rarity added.

“Bye” Applejack and Rainbow Dash waved in unison.

Then all the horses finally left. I turned my head around barely, and saw a grumbling Rivers make his way to the front door. I gave him a look as he gave me back a look. I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

“I bet you’ll enjoy seeing me struggle with this door” he shot. He then waved his arm at me and made his way to fix the door he tore down. I grinned under my faceplate and started walking over to Vinyl Scratch and her companion. Vinyl let out a long sigh and looked up at me.

“Wow, we’re finally alone” she said turning to her friend Octavia. Octavia looked at her friend with a half smile.

“Yes, we are. In a way” she said looking up at me. Vinyl looked up at me and back at her friend. She grinned and nodded her head.

“So, Vinyl, that’s the music you created?” Octavia added. “Well, it sure does seem like…you”

“Oh trust me Octavia, you’re going to hear a lot more of that here!’ she exclaimed to her friend. I nodded my head. My interest in music has increased dramatically and Vinyl seemed to enjoy it as well.

“Oh really?” Octavia said smiling weakly. “How charming…”

It was obvious she had no interest in my music. I walked close to her and knelt slightly. I looked at her optics dead on and she looked frightened.

“Yes, it will be charming” I remarked, managing to dim one side of my visors. Vinyl apparently saw for she spoke out in shock.

“Did you just wink?”

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In a distant dimension…

“You sure you want to go through with this Doc?” The yellow bot grumbled as he carried a terminal to the side of the large orange ring which was stationed inside a dark modified cave of some sort. The cave was massive, which was one reason for it being a designated area to build the Space Bridge. He passed alongside wires and circuits sticking out of multiple control panels and machinery. “I mean, it seems a bit far fetch to travel to another dimension just for revenge…”

“You know nothing of my plans, Swindle.” Shockwave spat at the struggling combaticon from the control panel centered in the middle of the lab. “I gave you something great and you dare try to doubt my plans…”

“You created me into a lab experiment! Do not speak of giving me something great!” Swindle retorted, dropping the terminal at the side of the Space Bridge and turning to Shockwave. “And I doubt you have anything else in your mind besides revenge.”

Swindle glared into Shockwave’s single optic. Shockwave broke the stare and turned to the control panel. Swindle snorted and continued on with his work.

Shockwave has pondered on the ideas of his plan. He knew he was not insane for his decisions. He knew that once he would be done with Soundwave, he would move on with his true intentions for the Space Bridge. Shockwave was now well aware of dimension travelling due to constantly crossing dimensions by altering each space bridge he came across in each dimension. Shockwave also took fragments of technology from one dimension to the next, not only to alter space bridges but to upgrade himself to his benefit.

“Hey boss, where do you want this at?” a large dark blue cybertronian shot towards Shockwave. He was carrying crates of energon between both his palms. Shockwave looked up at the figure who stared at him with a black masked face with a single visor.

“Place those crates in the fuel chamber Onslaught” Shockwave replied, pointing at the power core of the Space Bridge. The huge figure lumbered over to the power core and dropped the crates into the fuel chamber. As each crate was tossed into the chamber, energon began to flow through the tubes extending out of the power core, slowly reaching over to dead terminals and control panels and activating each one. The room began to flow a vibrant blue as energon radiated from tubes extending throughout the lab.

Shockwave looked at the Terminals and equipment within the lab with a satisfied glare. He finally perfected the space bridge with the use of multiple parts from multiple dimensions.

The workers within the lab all stopped their objectives, and glanced around the room which was suddenly radiated with light.

“What the scrap is going on here?” Brawl exclaimed, turning towards one of the functional terminals. A grey and black cybertronian walked to his side.

“Well my rust headed companion, considering the room is vibrant with blue and Onslaught just so happened to dump energon into the power core that means the Space Bridge is now fully functional” Blast-Off said with dry excitement. Brawl shot a look at his partner’s sarcastic response.

“If you want to keep your head on your body, I’d walk away right now…” the dark green cybertronian spat. Blast-Off shrugged and walked away from the enraged Decepticon. Shockwave ran his fingers and optics over the control panel in front of him. He ran an analysis on the power level of the systems and scanned the Space Bridge’s statistics. When all looked at substantial levels, he turned his optic towards the Space Bridge and fired it up.

At first the Space Bridge sputtered and sizzled. Shockwave clenched his talons in rage, ready to lash out in rage but then the Space Bridge started to sputter out energy. The machinery in the room began to sizzle and spark from the sheer power of the Space Bridge.

“Combaticons, take control of the terminals!” Shockwave shouted, waving his arm at each cybertronian in the lab. They scattered across the room and began to fumble with the terminals. They fought to maintain control with the terminals through sparks and vibrant static. Shockwave moved away from the control panel and made way to the end of the cave towards a cell of some sort.

“Where the slag are you going Shockwave?” Vortex shot from across the area, still struggling with the terminal before him. Shockwave ignored his question and accessed a console next to the cell. Shockwave input a combination and dialed a knob, which caused the cell gate to shoot upwards.

“What is it that you want now?” a voice snapped from the inside. Shockwave walked to the entrance of the cell and peered in. Inside of the cell laid a small creature of some sort on the floor. It resembled the structure of a canine but was far more complex than that.

“I may require your services, my fellow Decepticon” Shockwave said staring down at the prisoner. The canine looked upwards at the scientist and snorted.

“Last time you said that you altered my circuits.” He snapped, standing up from the floor. Shockwave beamed at the figure and continued.

“I did it for you benefit my friend. Now, I offer you an opportunity to relinquish you of your primal instincts.” Shockwave remarked. The creature lifted its ears.

“What do you ask for?” the prisoner barked. He was interested in letting out the urge to once again join in on the hunt he once cherished so long ago…

“I ask you help me look for a cybertronian. He goes by the name of Soundwave, and I want you to seek him down.” Shockwave continued. The prisoner’s eyes gleamed with delight.

“You do not kill him though” Shockwave added. The canine’s eyes dimmed.

“There’s no fun in that now is there?” he spat. Shockwave waved his hand dismissively.

“Patience Carnivac, there could be enough prey for you to hunt…” Shockwave persisted.

“And if there isn’t?” Carnivac spat.

“…And if there isn’t, I’ll grant you your freedom. Either way is a benefit too you”

Carnivac stood silent now, thinking on his tormentor’s offer. Shockwave looked on with an undisturbed gaze. Shockwave was willing to let Carnivac free; in that dimension though. If there was no prey in this world, Shockwave would not want to be pestered by Carnivac’s remarks.

“You got yourself a deal doc” Carnivac replied after a while. Shockwave’s hand reached out to Carnivac.

“Come, Pretender. Let us hunt our prey.”

Carnivac smirked, his fangs gleaming in the lights of the cave. He prodded himself on Shockwave’s palm and Shockwave turned back to the Space Bridge. As Shockwave walked closer, the combaticons began to shout at the scientist.

“Hurry the scrap up already!” Brawl shouted, rummaging through the terminal.

“The Space Bridge is beginning to falter Shockwave. You need to get into that portal now or this bridge is going to collapse…” Vortex added.

“…On us!” Onslaught shouted. Shockwave stood by the Space Bridge which was now beginning to grow frenzied.

“Enter the coordinates from the data chip on the center control panel into and amplify the frequency for precautions!” Shockwave shouted waving at Blast-Off. Blast-Off ran to the Control Panel and input the coordinates. He then amplified the frequency which then suddenly resulted in the space bridge turning from a white glow to a pink pigmented light.

“Shockwave go now!” Vortex shouted, looking at Shockwave and pointing at the Space Bridge. Shockwave looked at the Space Bridge and then looked up at the top of the cave which was free from any lights.

“Drift, we go now!” Shockwave shouted. A faint glow of two red optics appeared suddenly and came falling down to the ground. Drift sttod by Shockwave’s side now, and quickly looked at the scientist.

“It took you long enough to build it…” Drift grumbled and walked into the Space Bridge. Shockwave watched as his companion got warped out of view into the other dimension.

“You ready Carnivac?” Shockwave muttered. Carnivac snarled.

“I have been pretty hungry…” the canine remarked snarling. Shockwave looked from the pretender in the palm to the Space Bridge before him. Without only one thought in his mind, Shockwave walked into to the portal and let it envelope him and his partner:

Is it possible to make Soundwave squeal?





(Back at the lab)

“So…” Brawl started amongst the Combaticons. “…Any of you want a shot of energon?”

Onslaught’s visor brightened. “By Primus, I thought you’d never ask!”