• Published 4th Jul 2017
  • 469 Views, 6 Comments

My Human Pony: Magical Unicorn - maxi



A normal human person becomes a magical unicorn in the fantasy land of Equestria

  • ...
 6
 469

A Wishful Fantasy Becomes Reality: Prologue

There was nothing unusual about the young man who was exiting the mall with his new purchases, although he was overly fascinated with magical powers. He had just purchased the newest Harry Potter Audiobook, the Skyrim game, and the newest Disney princess movie, his favorite movies of all were Lord of the Rings trilogy, and his favorite TV show ever was Avatar: the Last Airbender and it's sequel The Legend of Korra. He had seen every Disney Princess movie and played countless hours of Final Fantasy Seven.

When he got home to his apartment where he lived alone, He put in his new game and started to play it. He had no friends and his family was too busy with their jobs to visit him often which meant he couldn't play Magic the Gathering, or Dungeons and Dragons. A few hours later he switched from the game to the movie which he like so much he watched it twice, then he laid down in bed for a while listening to his new audiobook as he looked up at the north star out his bedroom window.

When he started to get tired he turned off the audiobook which had gotten through a few chapters and went over to the window and looked up at the north star. "I wish I could actually do magic for real" He thought, then he closed his eyes and concentrated very hard on his wish for a few minutes, finally when he opened his eyes he laid down in his bed and went to sleep. Outside his bedroom window in the sky the north star seemed to glisten gleam and glimmer brighter than it usually did, it seemed that wishing on stars might be a useful thing to do after all.

That night he had a very strange and creepy dream, he was floating in a dark void when some bright swirls of color appeared. He could see shades of blue, purple, and pink, they started to glow so brightly he could not see, then the colors started to engulf him. They were smothering him, he couldn't breath. It felt like he was being dunked into a bucket of paint, he thought he was going to drown until suddenly he woke up.

He looked down at his hands which were now hooves and covered in blue fur, he looked back at his body which was also covered in blue fur. He could also see that he had grown a long tail which was purple with pink highlights. He then checked out his reflection in a pool of water and saw his face was covered with blue fur, he also had a shaggy mane which was purple with pink stripes and matched his long tail. He also had bright pink eyes and a long snout, but most surprisingly he had a horn growing out from his forehead. He also thought he looked younger although having never seen anything else like this before he couldn't tell.

His first thought was "I've been changed into a unicorn", then he checked out his surroundings. There was a pond and some trees and even a field of flowers, it seemed like he was sitting in the middle of a courtyard garden which was a part of a castle. Then he heard a noise and when he looked in that direction he saw an older looking unicorn with grey fur and a brown mane who was wearing armor, it must have been one of the castle guards. "Come with me" it said to him, then lead him into the castle.

They walked through several hallways and doors and climbed up and down many staircases and through many rooms until they arrived at a throne room where someone else was already waiting for them. Sitting on the throne was what looked like a tall slim unicorn with white fur but she also had wings too, She was also wearing golden jewelry and slippers and a crown that depicted she was royalty.

"I am Princess Celestia," she told him, "you have been found trespassing on castle grounds where you don't belong. I have decided not to punish you because you are just a young foal but I need to know who you are so we can prevent you from breaking in here again, What is your name young one?" Suddenly he realized he couldn't remember his name, or much of anything about himself, other than the fact that he was once human and was obsessed with magic. "I-I can't remember anything about myself" He said nervously. "That is fine dear, I have a spell that I can use to identify you" She said, then her horn began to glow with a yellow light which shone over him for a few seconds. "Very interesting," she said, "you have no identity, according to my spell you just popped into existence a few hours ago."

Many hours later Princess Celestia had completed all the paperwork required to make him a native citizen of their land, such as birth certificate, and Identity card. They had needed to come up with a name for him and he had decided on North Star after hearing some examples such as Applejack, Sweetie belle, and Rainbow Dash. She also enrolled him in her school of magic for gifted unicorns, since he had no family or anywhere to stay he would be living in the school's dorm under the supervision of the teachers who would offer to help him whenever he needed it.

After several hours of introductions and interviews with teachers North Star was exhausted, so he went to his dorm room and laid down on his bed going through the day over and over in his head. It was just so much to take in, twenty four hours ago he was human in the real world and now he was a magical unicorn in a new fantasy land. He wondered what else would happen while he was staying here and then he fell asleep anticipating the next day.

Author's Note:

I am still a novice at writing so I would appreciate any advice or criticism offered to me. I also need to practice writing dialogue so any tips about that would be great.