• Published 26th Jun 2017
  • 515 Views, 7 Comments

TMMDW:The Weathermare - Equinoxx

  • ...
 7
 515

Episode 6: The city of clouds.

Cloudsdale was visible on the horizon, meaning that Winter would be arriving soon. Everypony was getting ready in their own way. Some were enjoying the last bit of heat from the summer, others were buying decorations. Rainbow Dash on the other hoof, had a business trip to Cloudsdale.

She had been called in to help plan the Winter alongside Twilight Sparkle. But at the moment. "I know it's faster, and I'm all about that, but why do you want me to lead your hot air balloon again?" Things could be going smoother.

"Because Rainbow, I don't want to risk being tardy." Twilight argued. "Why don't you want to fly?" She countered.

"Because I want to take a break from never relaxing."

"If you want to relax then we can do it at Cloudsdale."

Rainbow sighed. "Fine." She tied a rope around her that was connected to the hot air balloon and began her flight towards Cloudsdale. It didn't take long for Rainbow to fly to Cloudsdale. Once there she landed the hot air balloon onto the cloud. "You should probably cast that walking on clouds spell now."

"Actually it's just a modification spell. It allows me to change the magical properties of a pony for a day. For insta-"

"Twilight!" Rainbow interrupted her. "I don't need the full explanation. Just cast the spell and let's get going."

"Sorry." Twilight apologized. She cast the spell and stepped out of the hot air balloon. "Let's go." They walked towards a large factory. The Rai- I mean Weather Factory. Once there they are greeted by a group of Pegasi.

"Ah, there they are." Said a older mare near the front. She walked up to Twilight and Rainbow, then shook their hooves. "Hello Twilight Sparkle, hello Rainbow Dash."

"Hi." Rainbow responded.

"Hello, I'm guessing you'll lead us to the confress room?" Twilight assumed.

"Yes. My name is ms. puff by the way." Puff moved to the front of the group. "Follow me everypony!" She called out to the group. And just like that the group got on their way. The only things the trip down the hall was full of, was hoofsteps and an errie silence. Eventually the group was led into a room, but upon entry everypony was confused. This wasn't the confress room.

Rainbow and a few others recognized this room though, this was the cloud storage room. This particular section was for lightning clouds. "Umm, ms. Puff? Why are we here." A yellow stallion asked.

"Simple, because I need your help." Puff declared. Suddenly a bolt of lightning struck Twilight unconscious. Puff turned around to face the group. "And I prefer the name Misty Storm!" She shouted as she flew into the air, striking a pose similar to Rarity's during the best young flyers' competition.

As much as Rainbow wanted to attack 'Misty' on the spot, she decided that she should get her gear first. Two stallions fly up to try and apprehend Misty, but she dodges back. Rainbow uses this opportunity while Misty is distracted to fly out of the room, to the hot air balloon, get her costume on, then arrive back just in time to kick one of the stallion's out of the way of a much more powerful lightning bolt.

"The Weathermare? Hohohoho! You're just in time for my little education lesson." Misty cheered venomously.

"And just what exactly is that?" Weathermare aked, narrowing her eyes.

"Why a lesson in history of course. But in short, I need these ponies to help me cover the sky in storm clouds."

"... What?" Weathermare asked, dumbfounded by the shear stupidity of that plan.

"I want to blod out the sun, for the sunrays it emits are toxic and Celestia should be ashamed for forcing us to be exposed to such things !" Misty then laughed maniacally. 'Yup, she's bonkers.' Weathermare mused. "But Celestia should be more than just ashamed. She should pay for it, drastically." She continued dangerously.

Weathermare didn't like where this was going, so she aptly sped forward and punched Misty hard in the face, knocking her back. Misty quickly recovered. "Youth these days, they have no respect for their elders!!!" She yelled as electricity surged around the entire room. Weathermare acted fast, bringing out a large amount of clouds from her pouch to catch the electricity.

Eventually the barrage ended leaving Weathermare with alot of storm clouds, and some broken windows. "Hohohohoho! Looks like you did my job for me!" Misty laughed as a large gust of wind carried the the storm clouds out and into the sky. But instead of realizing she failed, Weathermare smiled. "W-why are you smiling?" Misty asked.

"Tell me, what happens when you have a large amount of electricity and a single storage space that already has a lot of electricity?" Weathermare asked smartly.

"I-it acts like a lightning rod..." Misty said with wide eyes and tone of realization. Suddenly the huge amalgamation of storm clouds shot out all of it's electricity at Misty, turning her into a light bulb for a couple of seconds before finally burning out into... Absolutely nothing. Weathermare considered if that was murder, but Misty was the one who released all that energy, she just didn't expect it to surge back into her. If anything, she killed herself.

Weathermare decided to make sure everypony was okay. "Hey, what about her?" The same yellow stallion from before asked, pointing to the unconscious Twilight.

"I'll take her back to Ponyville." Weathermare answered. "Everypony else, tell the authorities what happened when they get here. And tell them I'm sorry for the mess." She instructed with a salute, then picked up Twilight and flew away to the hot air balloon. She put Twilight in then pumped heat into the balloon, lifting it up. She then flew it back to Ponyville.

Rainbow wanted to know why some ponies were so crazy, but she knew that there probably wasn't an answer. Okay there probably is but she's not actually interested.

Roll credits

Author's Note:

Character death has never been so fun!

This episode takes place a week after The Mysterious Mare do Well Episode 13 : Star.

Also it is recommended that you reread The Mysterious Mare do Well, for all of the chapters have been revised. The same goes for this story.