• Published 19th Jun 2017
  • 3,603 Views, 48 Comments

A Dragons' True Power: Almighty Dragon of Equestria - Omega C



Grand Dragon. A name said to be bring fear into hearts of many...a being of unimaginable power. And now said being is in Equestria

  • ...
6
 48
 3,603

Origins of Spike the Valiant Prince of Equestria

It was done Tirek was beaten. Magic Returned to Equestria’s Inhabitants “That was the Almighty Dragon’s Power….Bron Must be notified about this immediately”

With Bahamut

“It is indeed him…after all these years he is the one that has been chosen.” Bahamut said to himself with a smile. He then turns to his most trusted guards “We fly to Equestria!” With that, he and four dragons flew to Equestria.

Back in Equestria

As Spike landed to where his friends are he felt weak and tired. Celestia looked at him in concern. “Spike are you alright?” Spike didn’t answer he just fell down to the ground, turning into what appeared to be a white alicorn colt and then back to a baby dragon though this time he had a symbol with green flames in the shape of a quill on his behind. On top of that he now has wings. Celestia went to his side “Dracone…No Daybreak.” She noticed that he was asleep “It’s alright momma’s got you” She cooed as she cradled him.

“MOMMA?!” The Mane Six said with shock, except Twilight who also went to her assistant's side.

“SHH” Celestia hushed.

“Yes, Celestia is his mother what you thought Celestia would leave a filly to take care of a baby? Let alone a baby DRAGON?” Twilight asked incredulously.

“Sister I believe it is time for them to know the truth.”

“Yes, Luna” Celestia looked at those present “You now know that Spike is my son…but what you don’t know is that he is my BIOLOGICAL Son.”

“WHAT?!” Everyone except for Luna yelled in shock.

“QUITE” Celestia urged.

“Sorry” The Mane Six apologized.

“Now then…Let me explain” Celestia began “Spike was my son known as Daybreak. He was such a blessing to me. But it would not last. Soon after Spike’s birth, he fell ill with a rare magic sickness that made his raw magic power act up and threatened to destroy his body.”

“I heard of that Disease. Basically is like having all of your magic trying to force its way out of throughout the body. Only recently a cure has been found.” Twilight Explain.

“Precisely. At the time all I could think about was my baby boy. So I search the royal library. I was desperate to find a solution to save Daybreak, but tries as I might I could not find a cure.” A lone tear was shed from her eyes.

“So, how is he here right now?”

“Well, I was searching for a cure I came across of a 10,000-year-old dragon egg. That's when it hit me. A foal’s body could never deal with the wild magic but a dragon could easily shake off the magic surges.” Sighing she wiped the tear away

“You turned him into a dragon?”

“Kind of. It took a lot of magic but I was able to send Daybreak’s essence and spirit into the ancient egg making it warm and shine once more.” Celestia paused “But then I was greeted with despair. Try as I might I could not hatch the egg. So I was forced to wait until either a) Luna was freed and purified so we can hatch the egg together or b) find somepony to hatch for me. I was not a fan of either until one day I returned to my quarter to find my egg was gone!” Celestia said snarling under her breath “I found out from a guard that one of the proctors for your test Twilight took the egg from my room thinking it was one of the eggs for your test.” Celestia smiled at the memory “You know what happened during the test but what you don’t know is what happened after I retrieved Spike”

“What?” Twilight asked

“Simply put Spike’s father had returned,” Celestia answered with a smile, recounting what happened.

Flashback

The Princess of the Sun sighed as she looked dragon hatchling. She couldn’t help smile gently at her son. “Glad you made it little one.” She giggled “After all these years you are finally here. With me once more." Her musings were interrupted by a familiar presence

“How is my son?” The figure asked concern laced in his voice. Upon further inspection, he seemed to be a Black Stallion.

“He is fine. By the looks of it, he remembers me somehow.” Celestia said cradling the dragon

“Does he remember me?”

“Da Da!” The two adults looked at the Dragon Hatchling “Da Da! Da Da!” he cooed

“Does that answer your question?” Celestia asked with smug grin

“Hm, it does…though I wished that it hadn’t come to this…having to take his soul and body and place it in a dead dragon’s egg…so that he can be saved from dying…if only I-”

“It is not your fault” Celestia insisted “What happened could not have been predicted…besides he’s fine” she smiled the little baby “Aren’t you Daybreak?” the stallion snickered

“I don’t think that name is going to fit anymore.” Celestia frowned at that “Well you know what will happen someone will put the pieces together figure out that he’s the same Daybreak that had died!” Bahamut reasoned in a whispering tone

“Hmm, you’re right…How about Dracone?”

“You’re gonna name him after the Dracone the Brave and wise?” the stallion looked aghast by the suggestion “You know the one that is known Spyro to my people.”

“Of course it’s a nice name.”

“Okay to you in private he is Dracone but what about the public what name shall he have then?

“Hmm, what about Spike?”

“Really? Like a common dog?” The stallion asked with a raised

“Ike! Ike!” The hatchling repeated gaining the stallion’s attention

“What?! You actually like that name?”

“Ike! Ike!” The hatchling now known as Dracone and Spike repeated a bit loudly.

“The Prince has spoken! His name is Spike!”

“Hmph” The stallion grinned “Can’t argue with the Prince of Equestria Spike it is…” he Sighs “I wish I can stay longer but the Dragon Lands need me….Till we meet again Celestia, My precious treasure” The Stallion opened a window and flew out turning into a dragon Roaring as he left

“Same to you my Shining Star… Bahamut”

End of Flashback

“I’m sorry when you say Bahamut…are you referring to the Platinum Dragon, slayer of Vasuki, Destroyer of Caribou, KING OF DRAGONS BAHAMUT…THAT Bahamut?” Twilight asked cautiously.

“Yes sister does have interesting tastes” Luna answered.

“Girls are you alright?” Celestia asked. There was deafening silence for a few minutes and then the mane six fainted.

A Few Moments Later

The girls woke up and tried to process what they just heard. “So Spike is not only your BIOLOGICAL son but also the son of the original Dragon King?!” Celestia nodded at the question. Her student still trying to wrap her head around these facts

“Yes…why do you think I was glaring at the proctor when they hatched my egg like that?” Twilight and her friends' eyes bulged out. They all had the same thought.

‘Oh, my Celestia I fell in love with her son’ five members of the mane six thought at once. Discord, however, had an important question to ask.
“So how are you close to Bahamut?” Celestia smiled at the question

“Discord you think that my sister and I ruled Equestria without any help…that is actually contrary to the truth. We both had an assistant. And that Assistant was Bahamut”

“Bahamut was your assistant…like how I have Spike as my assistant?’

“Yes…we grew up together, eventually we became close, and before you know it, we were married.” Celestia noticed Twilight’s face of shame “Something wrong Twilight”

“There were times where Spike would look at a mirror and cry saying ‘I miss the real me’ or ‘why did this happen to me’ I think he talking about losing his old body.” Twilight explained. Celestia nodded “Though for moment her turned alicorn colt…”

“That was his old body…but we can talk more on that later right now…I order everyone present to get some rest…we’ll continue this tomorrow.”

Author's Note:

Aftermath of the Battle and some Revelations revealed