• Published 15th Jun 2017
  • 3,341 Views, 54 Comments

An Heir to Legends - mattchilly



Sent to Equestria as a League of Legends Summoner. Now I find myself with a new thirst for knowledge. With no way back I might as well become the best mage I can be.

  • ...
15
 54
 3,341

Chapter 13: Rainbow's First Battle

It’s been two day’s since I helped the dwarfs in Orgran’s world move on and I’d finally recovered enough to write the letter for Orgran. It read.

To any who find this my name is Thrin, a League of Legends Displaced. At the time of writing this it’s been two days since I discovered a being that not only uses but is made of a kind of magic that is banned throughout the entire Multiverse. The being is called the Netherlord and he uses Nether Magic which is part of Entropy Magic. The Netherlord also uses this magic to control Demons called Netherborn. In the past this being sought to destroy my friend Orgran’s home but now with the help of the Caribou it seeks to conquer his world's Equestria. Know that any that is killed don’t pass on but instead are bound to the world they died even if there is an item or power that lets them ‘Respawn’ but there might be a way around this. With this letter is a copy of Orgran’s Token and all I ask is that you offer any help that you are capable of and if that is not possible them please pass on this message. I do not know what the Netherlord or Netherborn look like but I fear these are a threat to every everywhere. Thank you for reading this letter and any help you can offer. May the Arcane guide you.

Once that I was done and I’d sent a copy of the letter to the other ‘me’s’ and one into the Void it was time to call for Shopkeep. When the door appeared I slowly walked into his store and shivered at the sense of dread in the room. “Hello Thrin. Take a seat would you?” Shopkeep motioned to a chair in front of the register and he was dressed in a dark red business suite. Once I sat down he continued. “I heard about you the deal you made and I’m not happy. So before I decide whether to kick you out or not, tell me what happened during your trip to Orgran’s world.”

When I finished Shopkeep leaned back in his chair deep in thought. After a few minutes of silence he nodded to himself pulled out a cell phone, hit a button and held it up to his ear. This time when he spoke I had to clamp my hands over my ears because the language Shopkeep spoke in physically hurt my ears. When he finished I lowered my hands and waited. A few minutes later the Merchant walked in through one of the walls. “What’s this about Shopkeep? You know how busy I am these days considering a few Displaced are somehow messing with my sales.”

“Simple by making that deal with Thrin here you KNOWINGLY tricked him into breaking the rules of the Merchants Guild which you also broke. We’re not supposed to interfere with the clients of other members of the Guild without the agreement of their supplier. Therefor I have a say in the contract you and if you don’t like it you’ll have to null it or be kicked out of the guild.” Shopkeep said his voice reverberating around the room.

The Merchant sneered. “Of course one of the ‘Eldritch Golden Boys’ would care about that rule. Do you know how often it’s broken and no one cares?”

Shopkeep narrowed his eyes while I got out of my chair and moved to get away from the two and towards the door. “Yes I do but you forgot something. We’re the same rank in the Guild, and FYI the higher-ups keep track and know EVERY time that rules are broken. This is your second strike ^*ΩψꝽ, and I’m not in a good mood right now.”

I clasp my hands over my ears at what I assumed to be the Merchants name. (GAH! I don’t know what language that was but I never want to hear it again! Arge my ears are ringing!)

“FINE THEN! What’s your conditions?” The Merchant yelled pointing at Shopkeep.

“Simple. Once the Token comes in Thrin can stop making the enchantments if he wants, and if you want something from Thrin you must come to me first.” Shopkeep said.

The Merchant growled once again before reality seemed to flicker and the Merchant was gone while the palm of my hand started to burn. “There we go! I doubt he’ll bother you anymore.” Shopkeep said seemingly much more calm, before going into the desk the register was on and pulled out a a black stone with a silver rune on it. “Place this on an object and the correct Displacing enchantment will be placed on it. Know that it’ll only work within your tower and the moment you get your sisters token this rune will lose its power. Now get out of here, I’ve got a few other clients calling for my shop.”

Nodding I left the shop and used the Rune Stone on the first batch of items. Once that was done I put the Rune Stone on a shelf in my room behind a sheet of glass. Grabbed my Mana Archive, sword and staff put them all in place and left tower called and I kinda wished that the raven who responded to the call of the raven staff hadn’t suddenly teleported back to Orgran’s world a week after he arrived here, turns out that the powers of the Raven Staff were temporary. (Maybe I’m still jumpy after what seeing what happened in Orgran’s universe but I can’t help but feel like something’s going to happen.) I thought just before Harukaze flew overhead and I gave a short wave in greetings. When I made it to Ponyville I headed to the Sugarcube Corner.

“Hey Thrin how ya feeling?” Pinkie asked concerned. “And how come you’re heavily armed?”

“I’ve been better. I’m still kinda shaken after what happened a couple days ago and I can’t help but feel like something’s going to happen soon.” I said before ordering a dark chocolate cupcake and apple biscuit. One thing I learned yesterday is that while my staff didn’t need to eat it still could.

“I know what you mean. Rainbow was in here earlier and said the same thing, not to mention that my main and tail keep itching, then twitching, then my knees start shaking.” Pinkie explained. “I’ve never had that kind of warning for my Pinkie Sense before so that’s not really helping me stay calm. Well enjoy your food.”

“Thanks.” Holding the biscuit up to my staff I watched as he opened his mouth in a rather cartoony style and ate the treat whole with a single gulp. “Damn toon logic.” I chuckled as I started to eat my cupcake. About half way through Ponies started screaming and looking outside I could see them running towards Town Hall.

Rainbow burst into the Sugarcube Corner and said. “Everyone needs to evacuate to Town Hall right now! There’s a horde of earthbound dragons coming this way and none of them look friendly!”

Reaching for my cube I pulled something wrapped in brown cloth and passed it to Rainbow. “I was planning on giving you these later but now’s the best time. Fire and Ice Claws. You’re now one step closer to being a Monk Class fighter so put them on and lead the way!” As we ran to where the dragons were seen Rainbow slipped on her new metallic claws one with a red gem embedded in it with other with an icy blue gem. When we could finally see the dragons Twilight’s dome was over Town Hall again.

“So what are we dealing with here Thrin?”

Drawing my sword with my right hand and grabbing my staff with my left I said. “The bipedal yellow ones are called Jargon while the green variants are Dragums. They have a kind of dust in their jars that if they ingest it lets them breath fire but they can also throw it around. If some gets in your eyes wipe it away quickly.”

“Next we have Green and Dread Dragons. Between the two the Dread Dragon is the stronger one and can cast Snooze and Fizzle. Both the Green and Dread Dragon’s scales are stronger than the others so they’ve got a high defense so aim for their tails or faces.”

“While the Skelegon’s don’t have a fire breath they instead a frost breath and it’s weak to anti-dragon and anti-undead weapons.”

“And last in the Hacksaurus. You’ll want to try to leave them to me because that axe is no joke. Mix their ability to use it with their natural weapons and I think it’s safe to say they’re the more deadly kind of monster here.”


“Which world are they from?” Rainbow asked sliding into her more defensive fighting stance.

“Dragon Quest.”

Rainbow smirked. “So that means we’ll be getting some loot after this huh?”

“Focus on the task at hand Rainbow… but yes that is likely. So you ready to put what you’ve learned to the test?” I asked casting Haste, Protect, and Insulate to protect us from fire and ice.

“You know it.”

“Good. CHAMPION TRANSFORMATION! SHYVANA! Now then, let’s take care of this.” And with that the two of us sprang into action. Roars and bouts of fire quickly filled the air as Rainbow used her speed to dodge and weave around the different dragons and attacking when she has the opportunity. I on the other hand focused on first taking down the Hacksaurus and Dread Dragons. “Rainbow let’s pull back for a moment. I wanna try something!”

“Got it!”

We quickly moved back to where we started leaving the dragons behind us. Turning back to normal I took a step forward while sheathing my blade. Touching the emerald on my Mana Archive I focused on one of my summoning spells. Spinning my staff around I slammed its butt into the dirt. “Come forth oh beast of mists. Let your roar and great power show these who would harm the innocent that this town is under your protection. I summon you. MIST DRAGON!” Fog quickly rolled in and filled the area between Rainbow and I and the monsters.

“Ummm wasn’t something supposed to happen?” Rainbow asked right before an emerald green eye appeared in the mist looking at the two of us.

“Take out as many of the enemy dragons as you can.” I said and the vanished into the fog before the fog seemed to flow and become solid as the form of a dragon rose out of the mist and turned it’s emerald eyes turned to look at the monsters.

“And first summons is a success outside of training.” I said with a grin as the invading monsters hesitated and a few took a step back.

Rainbow eyes were wide as she watched the dragon released a stream of mist breath and the invading monsters started to fall to the ground dead. “Holy shit! Are all summonses this strong?”

I grinned and readied another spell. “Depends. I consider the Mist Dragon to be around the middle in terms of a Summons power.” When I dismissed the Dragon the mist dispelled Rainbow and I saw that only half of the horde had fallen.

“hmmm I’d hoped that the Mist Dragon would have taken out more. Oh well, ready for round 2 Rainbow?” I asked as my staff growled at what I thought was the dragon horde.

“You know it!” Rainbow replied.

Just then we heard a voice that made my hair stand on end. “Pity, such a pity that you’re having so much trouble.”

Snapping my head up saw what my staff had really been growling at. Dhoulmagus was floating above the battle field with a smug grin on his face. “So we finally meet, Dhoulmagen!”

Dhoulmagus’s grin slipped as he looked confused for a moment. “’Dhoulmagen… huh that’s a new one. Honestly I was expecting something like ‘Ghoulmagnus’.” Then he shook his head and the grin was back. “But on to more important matters. It seems like you’re having a little trouble Mr. Oh-so-powerful Arch-Mage.”

“I don’t think we’re in trouble do you Rainbow?” I asked as my gaze kept shifting between the oncoming dragon horde and Dhoulmagus as I thought about what options I had available.

“Nope.” She replied with a smirk but I could tell that something was throwing her off her game.

“Now, now no need to pretend you two. Here allow me.” With that Dhoulmagus turned and from the gem of his staff sent a laser that quickly made its way through the horde without touching a single dragon. A few of the Jargons looked at the ground then at Dhoulmagus and started to laugh only for the tail the laser made to flare up blasting all the dragons around it with an explosive force. “Aannnd done.” Dhoulmagus said as the last dragon fell to the ground before the entire horde turned black and disintegrated leaving behind a large wooden chest.

“Why are you here Dhoulmagus?” I asked now putting my complete focus on the jester like mage.

“I’m simply here to introduce myself. It’s such a pity that I couldn’t do so after you passed my little test with Khalamari but now I must bid you adieu.” Dhoulmagus said with a small bow as he seemed to fade out of existence.

Rainbow shuddered slightly once Dhoulmagus had fully disappeared. “That guy was nine kinds of creepy.”

“You’ll get no arguments from me, but right now I the main thing I want to know is why did he help us? He just admitted to controlling Khalamari but now he’s ‘saving’ us. It just doesn’t add up.”

“Who knows?” Rainbow shrugged as she started moving towards the treasure chest. “Come on let’s see what’s in that chest.”

Just before she got within an arm’s reach of it she stiffened and jumped back as the box’s lid split revealing a skeletal figure with a long tong and razor sharp metal teeth on the hidden edged of the box.


“Thrin what the Tartarus is that?!” Rainbow yelled as she got into her fighting stance again.

“A Trap Box, a powerful Mimic monster that like Khalamari is considered a ‘Boss Monster’ which means it’s more powerful than most monsters. It can cast Crackle to create large ice crystals to attack the enemy. Fuddle to confuse enemies and Snooze to put them to sleep, and you don’t have resistance to Fuddle or Snooze so they’ll always be able to effect you.” I said and snapped my fingers creating a group of Caster and Melee Minions then reaching for my Mana Archive. “You and the Minions will take the front lines. I’ll stay back and be your support.”

“What about you?” Rainbow asked as she dodged a Crackle spell.

“I’ve got a Catholicon Ring. It makes me somewhat resistance to confusion and sleep spells.” I said as I cast Haste, Buff, Protect, Shell and Oomph on Rainbow then Libra on the Trap Box. [Trap Box. HP ????. MP ????. No Weaknesses. Resistant to Explosions, Ice, Lightning, Poison. Immune to Death, Paralysis, Shock, Sleep, Confusion, Blind, Silence, and Sap.]

“So what do I need to do to kill this thing?” Rainbow asked as she slashed at the Trap Box only for it to block with one of its arms while the Caster Minions

“Same as before. Dodge its attacks and hit it until it dies!” I replied casting Aera making a green tornado engulf the Trap Box’s head leaving small cuts. When Rainbow went in for an attack the Trap Box brought one of its arms down to block and wrapped its tong around Rainbow’s leg. Then it slammed her into the ground knocking the wind out of her and used her as a flail to knock the Melee Minions away before throwing her to the side.

“CURA!” I yelled running over to Rainbow as my staff growled at the monster while casting a continuous Aera on the Trap Box as the Caster Minions kept their barrage up keeping it in place and a soft white glow enveloped Rainbow as she sucked air into her lungs like a fish that was just returned to water. Once she’d recovered she scrambled to her feet a low growl left her throat as a red aura started emanating from her body and with a roar she shot into the sky. My eyes widened when she came flying back down only for a rainbow colored shock wave to appear and her speed double. Just before she hit the ground she swerved and started to spin turning herself into a drill and was heading straight for me and the Trap Box making my dive to the side. “SHIT!”

Turning I saw Rainbow tear through not only my Minions but also the Trap Box as if they were made of card board. When it died the Trap Box glowed and turned into a new treasure chest. Rainbow landed next to me the red aura nowhere to be seen. “What?” Rainbow asked seeing my shocked expression.

“Do…do you know what you just did?” I asked.

“You mean apart from saving the day by killing the monster?” Rainbow inquired tilting her head.

“You just unlocked a Limit Break!” I shouted. “Do you have any idea how hard those things are to unlock?! Each Limit Break is unique to the one using it. Sure there are some that are similar but no two Limit Breaks are the exact same. I haven’t even unlocked one!”

Rainbow’s jaw dropped before a proud smile spread over her face. “Guess I’m just that awesome!”

“Don’t make me get Master Yi or Wukong out here to knock some humility into you.” I said making us both chuckle.

When we opened the real treasure chest we saw that like the last one it was full of gold and jewels but this one didn’t have any bags of herbs. Instead it had one with a few bottles of milk, a bag of powder with the picture of cheese, a bag with a red scale and one with... “Why is there a bag of shit in here?” Rainbow asked. “And how come it doesn’t smell?”

“Because Dragon Dung can be used as an alchemy ingredient. Unfortunately I don’t have an Alchemy Pot so I can’t use it for anything other than fertilizer.” I said shrugging. “As for the smell I can only assume that the bag’s enchanted not to let the smell out or to make it that there isn’t any smell.”

Then Rainbow pulled out a large blue gem in the shape of a tear drop. “What’s this?”

“That is the Venus Tear. As far as I know it’s normal for a Trap Box to have one and until I examine it to see if it has any magical properties it’s just a beautiful gem stone.” I said and looked up to see the sun was starting to set.

Rainbow shrugged and put the Venus Tear back in the chest. “Let me guess one of the Champion’s knows a lot about gems?”

“You could say that.” I said. “His name is Taric and he is known as the Shield of Valoran.”

“I’ll take a look at that book of Champion’s later and you can go through this and give me my share later.” Rainbow said with a yawn. “After that I just want some sleep.”

“Agreed.” I said putting my hypercube to the side of the chest it was sucked into the cube. “I’ll go over this in a day or two. Good job out there Rainbow, take three days off of training.”

Rainbow nodded and flew away.

When I returned home the first thing I noticed is that a stone golem coved with most with a few mushrooms and white flowers on its head waiting for me.

“I don’t remember making any golems…wait are you Ivern’s friend Daisy?” I asked and the golem nodded to the best of its abilities. “Do you know who I am?” Another nod. “Well that helps I guess, but how… screw it. I’m too tired for these questions right now. Can you just patrol for now and keep make sure no animals snuck in?” Daisy gave a thumbs up and started to walk away. “Alright well just come find me if there’s something you don’t think you can handle. I’m off to get some sleep.”

Author's Note:

Sorry it took a while to update this everyone. A few things came up and ideas came easier for other stories. On another note what do you all thing of Rainbow's Limit Break? Thank's for reading and I hope you enjoyed the chapter!