• Published 15th Jun 2017
  • 3,341 Views, 54 Comments

An Heir to Legends - mattchilly



Sent to Equestria as a League of Legends Summoner. Now I find myself with a new thirst for knowledge. With no way back I might as well become the best mage I can be.

  • ...
15
 54
 3,341

Chapter 2: To Much Exposition!

“Finally, I think that’s all of them.” To confirm my thought I saw that the barrier around town hall, with a sigh of relief I changed back to my true self. Only to immediately lean forward and retched, luckily nothing came up. For once I was glad the last thing I ate was over a thousand years ago.

“FOUL CREATURES WE WILL NOT ALLOW YOU TO HARM OUR SUBJECTS!” Oh of course! Only now did Celestia and her guards show up.

“You’re a bit late Tia.” I said my voice hoarse from the retching. “All the monsters are dead.”

“Princess!” I looked up to see Twilight and her friends rushing to great Celestia, while her guards split up some going to check on the residents in town hall the rest spreading out around the town.

“I am so glad all are safe. Was anyone injured?” Celestia asked.

“Yes but no ones hurt that bad, Princess. He arrived just in time to save me from one of those orcs. He even saved Rumble and got him into the barrier I set up.” While Twilight and Celestia were talking Twilight’s friend Applejack walked up.

“You ok?”

“I will be, but I could use a cup of water.” Almost as soon as the words left my mouth a plastic cup held by a pink hoof was offered.

“Thanks.” I said before I sipped gingerly at the water.

“Thrin I must thank you for saving my little ponies, why don’t we go to Sugarcube Corner to talk.” I nodded glad that the retching had ended quickly.

Just as I finished the cup of water Pinkie gave me, three of Celestia’s unicorn guards came up and saluted. Two of them held a treasure chest in their magic. “Report Sargent.”

The unicorn in the center responded. “Princess, no monsters to report. Minimal collateral damage and no major injuries. Our healers are already taking care of the injured. However Privet Sky-Fire did find something. It’s a treasure chest, I have ordered that no one is to open it until you see it.”

“Thank you Sargent.” Hmm both Dragon’s Crown and Dragon Quest enemies drop loot when defeated I wonder.

“Princess is it alright if I open the treasure chest? I have some knowledge on the monsters that attacked, so I might be able to identify whats in the chest.”

“Very well Thrin.” Celestia said as she gave me a thoughtful look.

“Thank you Princess.” With a nod from the Sargent the two holding the chest placed it onto the ground as I approached. When it was opened the chest held mostly gold coins and jewels, but also a red bandanna and two brown bags, one with the words Moonwort Bulbs the other with Medicinal Herb. What I didn’t expect was a book titled ‘Bestiary’. The book was a simple thick leather tome.

“So whats in the chest?” Rainbow asked.

“As I thought mostly gold and jewels, but there is also a red bandanna and two brown bags, one of Moonwort Bulbs the other of Medicinal Herbs. Moonwort Bulbs can help cure sleep and paralysis spells, while the Medicinal Herb can help heal many injuries, and if you have the right equipment you can fuse the Medicinal Herbs to make them more powerful.” As I spoke I reached into the bag and pulled out a Moonwort bulb, it look like a turnip but it skin was a pale white and one of the medicinal herbs, but since it’s in a small brown bag all you could see are it’s leaves. “As well as a bestiary which is a book cataloging different monsters.” I placed the herbs back into the chest and picked up the heavy book flipping through a few pages. The book had almost all the different monsters from Dragon Quest 8 and the two Joker games. There were some missing, namely the story bosses, and bonus/special monsters.

“Both the herbs and the book will help defend Equestria, but why did the treasure chest appear?” Twilight asked.

I shrugged. “I’m not sure but I have an idea, but I think it would be best to talk in private. Is there any where other then the Sugarcube Corner we can talk?”

Celestia nodded and motioned for us to follow while saying. “If that is the case let us talk in the library instead. Sargent I want somepony to take these bags and get them to a herbalist. I would like these bulbs in as many hospitals and magic research facilities as possible. As for the rest, keep it here and protected for now.”

“Of course Princess. I shall have Corporal Swift Blizzard take care of the herbs.”

“Before we go Princess, what are you going to do with the monsters?” I asked

“Most will be cremated, while others will be studied. As for there gear, it will placed in storage for now until we figure out what to do with it, and please bring the book with us.” Princess said the tone of her voice ending this conversation. The walk to Twilight’s library was quick.

When we entered I took a quick look around ‘yup bigger on the inside, I wonder how.’ One were all seated comfortable I said. “Before we get into the main conversation allow me to introduce myself. My name is Thrin and it a pleasure to meet all of you.” I said with a small bow of my head.

“Nice to meat you Thrin, my name is Twilight Sparkle and thank you for saving my life.”

“A pleasure, my name is Rarity.”

“The names Rainbow Dash.”

“Ah’m Applejack nice to meet ya.”

“Hi I’m Pinkie Pie!”

“Hello I’m Fluttershy.”

‘Hmm guess since I saved Twilight and town. Fluttershy feels she can trust me.’ I thought.

“Where did you get that robe if you don’t mind me asking? It’s plain but somehow exotic and elegant at the same time.” Rarity asked.

“I don’t mind. In fact the story of how I got this robe is the same as how I got sent to Equestria from another universe, before any of you say ‘that’s impossible’ I have one word for ya. Multiverse.” After I said this I could almost feel Twilight’s and Celestia’s incredulous look.

Celestia was silent for a moment before saying. "Did the monsters that attacked the town come from your world Thrin.”

“No Princess they didn’t, however my world did know of them though different video games. My world also knows of Equestria and many others. I would say we know of many different worlds though our works of fiction. How I don’t know. If I had to guess it would be that we got whispers from other worlds that inspired people to tell the stories.” Both Celestia and Twilight were deep in thought but I didn’t give them long to think as I kept talking. “The world I came from is very different to this one. Magic doesn’t exist, instead it’s a world of science, and there is only one sentient race on the planet.”

“So how did you get here Thrin?” Twilight asked.

“Their was a small anime and video game store in a mall near where I lived. While I was there I bought this robe and my sister bought plush of a two tailed cat. I bought it since I’m a fan of a game called ‘League of Legends’ and this robe is the same as what the Summoners wear. While the summoners never appeared in the game its self. They did appear in a few official videos. OH! I just realized you can’t see my face sorry about that.” While saying this I pulled the hood off. I had black hair that went down to my shoulders with a band of forest green going around my head, hazel colored eyes and slightly pointed ears. “What ever sent me here also turned me into a half-elf. I was human before coming here.”

“Now on the the explanation about why I ‘attacked’ Tia all that time ago. By which I mean I came up to her in the form of Mordekaiser and did the most cliche villains speech I could think of. Never even threw a punch. Insults yes for which I once again apologize, and the reason why is simply I wanted to be in this time period.”

“That’s it? Why didn’t you just talk to me.” Celestia asked surprised.

“One you had JUST banished Luna. Two if I came up to you and asked would you have taken me seriously or just think i was crazy? And last but not least everything I know about this world from the cartoon starts from when you first sent Twilight to Ponyville, since the show was about her and her friends.” I said extending a finger with each point.

“Before any of you ask the show was aimed at young girls but because of the excellent writing, great characters and lessens that are easy enough for kids to understand but stuff even adults have trouble with. Many people like the show. Now how close it is to reality I have no idea.” As I looked around I could tell each was deep in thought. Deciding to give them time I got up to look around the room to see if their were any books that interested me. ‘Lets see, looks like Twilight sorts the book by subject then by alphabetical order. Makes sense but I don’t see anything saying what subject is on which shelf. Better try to remember to suggest some subject plates. Now what to read while they think on what I told them. Hmmm ah here we go *Magic for beginners*. Might as well try to learn a little more about magic while I wait.‘

I took the book and sat back down. I read on the basics of levitation for about five minutes before Celestia looked at me and asked. “So what do you plan to do now Thrin?”

Looking up from the book I responded. “Not sure, but if it makes you feel better. I have no plans to ever conquer Equestria or any kingdom. Ruleing others has no interest to me. I detest the idea of slavery, and will fight any slaver I find. For now I just want to make friends and learn to better control my powers. As there are some forms I wont use yet since they use dark magic or are evil people. The only reason I turned into Mordekaiser back then was because the thought of him influencing me never crossed my mind back then. Maybe there is someone out there in the multy-verse who can safely use dark magic teach me to use it. Personally I believe no kind of power is by its nature evil, its just what people do with that power. While it may just be through games or tv shows I have seen people who have been tainted by the power of light to do evil.”

“How so Thrin?” Fluttershy asked.

“They believe all darkness must be destroyed no matter who uses it, even those who use the power to defend the land or have no choice in the situation they are in. One example is a group called the Scarlet Crusade. They are a group on a world called Azaroth. The Scarlet Crusade are many ways a religious cult that wishes to see all undead be eradicated. While in many ways a noble goal there two main groups of undead who DEFEND Azaroth that's called the Forsaken. It's true that they sometimes have other and sometimes darker goals but they will still defend their world with everything they've got. Before I go much farther into the explanation I just want you to know that I will be skipping some of the history for this summarization but this is still going to be a long story.” Everyone nodded understanding, they seemed to be hooked on my words.

“Once there was a kingdom called Lorderon. A beacon of light and justice, ruled by a kind king and his son Prince Arthas. Arthas loved his land and was being trained in the ways of a paladin by one of the best in the land Uther the Lightbringer. One day a plague appeared in Lorderon anyone infected by it became undead. While investigating Artha met the two responsible. A necromancer named Kel’Thuzad and a kind of demon called Nathrezim or Dreadlord named Mal’Ganis. Arthas killed Kel’Thuzad and chased Mal’ganis far to the north to a continent called Northrend. There Arthas met an old friend, a dwarf named Muradin.”

“What dose any of this have to do with the Scarlet Crusade or the Forsaken?” Rainbow interrupted.

“The story of Arthas is the story of how the Forsaken came to be.” I replied before continuing my story, “A few days later the two were talking in a base they had set up, Arthas learned of a powerful magic sword, called Frostmourn and deiced he would acquire this sword to defend his home. Arthas, Muradin and there army fought their way though the undead forces. When they found it Muradin read an inscription under the frozen sword that revealed the sword was cursed. It read, ‘Whomsoever takes up this blade shall wield power eternal. Just as the blade rends flesh, so must power scar the spirit.’ Arthas not caring asked the spirits of the cave to free the sword proclaiming he would pay any price to save his home. As the sword broke free from the ice a shard hit Muradin on the head and appeared to kill him. You need to understand Arthas had become so obsessed with the thought of killing Mal’Ganis that he didn’t care that it seemed that Muradin had been killed by the ice.” Every one gasped in horror as I said this. I paused taking a breath before continuing. “With Frostmourn in hand Arthas found Mal’Ganis it turn out that had done the whole thing to lure Arthas to the sword, because a being called the Lich King had chosen Arthas has his champion, and the first time Arthas held the sword he could hear the Lich Kings voice.”



“Mal’Ganis asked what the Lich King was telling Arthas and to his surprise, the Lich King said that Arthas was to get his revenge on Mal’Ganis. On that day not only did Mal’Ganis die but Arthas lost not only his sanity but his very soul. Arthas left to wonder Northrend leaving everyone who followed him to fend for them self's and while he was wandering learned that the soul whoever he killed was sucked into his blade. About a year later Arthas returned to Lorderon the people gave him a heroes welcome glad he had returned, but it was on that day Lorderons doom had come because during the time he was gone Arthas had changed from a noble Paladin to the first and deadliest Death Knight. Arthas killed his father with a single stab and began a rain of terror. No one was a match for him, all who fought him and his new army of undead, died and in many cases were rased as new undead minions. After gathering Kel’Thuzad remains and placing them in a magic urn so they could not decompose, Arthas traveled to the home of the High Elfs Silvermoon, but in order to get the urn, Arthas killed his old mentor. In the forest around Silvermoon, he met the ranger Sylvanas Windrunner who put up one hell of a fight, but in the end she to fell and because of the trouble Sylvanas gave him, Arthas raised her as a banshee and enslaved her.”

I didn’t see anyone's reaction because I had my eyes closed, as I tried to make sure I didn’t miss any important information. “A few days later and Arthas threw Kel’Thuzad’s remains in the source of the High Elf’s power, the Sunwell which not only resurrected Kel’Thuzad as a powerful lich but it also destroyed the Sunwell and most of the High Elf’s capital city of Silvermoon. Some time later Arthas and Kel’Thuzad left for Northrend because the Lich King’s life was in danger leaving Sylvanas along with other banshees and some of the undead. As the Lich King’s power faded they regained their freewill and Sylvanas became the queen of the banshees and named her group the Forsaken. The other group I was talking about are a group of Death Knights but they didn’t appear until many years later. Death knights are basically the opposite side of Paladins who use dark magic instead of using light magic. The group of Death knights I am about to talk about are the Ebon Blade and at one point they became nothing more than cannon fodder to Arthas.

“Arthas sent the Ebon Blade to weaken a powerful Paladin named Tirion so Arthas could swoop in and kill a potential threat. The battle between the Ebon Blade and the Tirion’s forces was short. The place Tirion had set up his base was Holy ground, therefore weakening any undead foe. After the fight the leader of the Ebon Blade, a Death knight called Highlord Darion Morrgaine learned that not only had Arthas sent him and his fellow knights to die but also that Arthas had killed Darion's father and stolen his soul.”

“Since Death knight have some free will Darion declared he and all who fallow him the enemy of Arthas, fully freeing most of the Ebon Blade since some of the higher ups decied to continue following Arthas. That is the story of the undead of Azaroth who fight to protect. Now while the Scarlet Crusades goal in the destruction of undead they aren’t afraid to attack ANYONE who would impend this goal. So they basically made the two main factions the on planet their enemies even all other humans.” As I finished speaking I looked around and saw the others were once again deep in thought. “I don’t mean to imply anything, I agree the Scarlet Crusade are an extreme example. I do know of one other example but, while different it is still pretty extreme. I wont tell you about it now if you don’t want to here about it.”

“Please Thrin I at least need to know of anything that could threaten Equestria. You and I can talk in a different room if the others don’t want to hear it.” Celestia said determination evident in her voice. I looked at the mane six waiting for them to speak.

“I think we should hear it as well what about the rest of you?” Twilight said looking at her friends who nodded in agreement.

“All right. Luckily it’s a much shorter tale. You know what a black hole is right?” To my surprise everyone nodded. “Well in one universe there is a white hole which instead of sucking in energy and light, expels it instead. However what it expels is a force called ‘dark light’. This ‘dark light’ or ‘Light of Destruction’ in many ways had a mind of its own. The Light of Destruction has only one goal, which is to literally unbalance the universe by destroying all darkness. Its plan was to brainwash all the humans on earth to join the cult ‘the Society of Light’. In the end the Light of Destruction was completely destroyed by one who wields darkness and the universe remains in balance.”

“The point of these stories is merely this. Not all that is dark is evil and not all light is good. Now while this is true I fully believe that the chance of you turning evil Tia is practically nonexistent. After all, not only do you have Luna with you but also all of your friends by your side, and I am 100% sure that if something happens they will knock some sense into you.” I said with a comforting smile while everyone agreed with me.

Before any one could say anything else the front door burst open and a new voice spoke. “Twilight are you alright? When I got back from Zecora’s and saw some guards I asked what happened. After he said Ponyville was attacked by monsters I rushed here as fast as I could!”

“I’m fine Spike a little shaken but fine. Thanks to Thrin here.” Twilight said as I waved.

“Nice to meet you Spike.” I said.

“Nice to meet you two. Thanks for saving Twilight I don’t know what I would do if my sis got hurt, or worse.” Spike said.

“Ah so that’s your relationship here. Anyway it wasn’t a problem Spike. I’m glad I could help.” I replied.

“What do you mean by ‘relationship here’?” Spike asked

“Thrin is from another world that knows of Equestria and us from a work of fiction Spike.” Twilight explained.

“Really? That’s kinda hard to believe.” Spike said to which I chuckled a bit.

“I don’t blame ya for not believing. It dose sound far fetched.” I said before Celestia spoke.

“Once again thank you for helping and for telling us a little of other worlds. I should get back to Canterlot and talk to Luna after I lower the sun, but before I go is their anything else you want to talk about?”

“Yes actually. Is it alright if I moved into your old castle? I would like to do some experiments with my magic, and would like to make sure I am far enough away if things go wrong so no one gets hurt.” I said.

Celestia smiled, “I’ll talk to Luna about this to get her thoughts but I don’t think that will be a problem. I’ll send a letter as soon as I can with our decision. Also I’ll tell Sargent Silver Wind that I am giving you half of what was in the chest as a reward for your help.”

I blinked a few times before replying. “Thank you Princess. It’ll help until I can find a job.”

“No thanks necessary Thrin you earned it. Good night everypony.”

Author's Note:

Can you believe most of that information from Warcraft was from memory alone? While I wrote it all I looked up was how to spell the peoples names. Unfortunately I don't play World of Warcraft any more because I feel it's not the same game now as when I started during the Burning Legion. To anyone who plays it I hope you're enjoying it and wish you the best of luck.