• ...
2
 133
 1,617

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #51: Stationery!

The prompt: Pinkie Pie invites her four best friends to her birthday party.

"Dear Rainbow Dash," Pinkie began. She beamed. It had been pretty much forever since she'd written out individual, unique invitations for each pony that was invited to one of her parties. Doing so would usually be a ridiculously tough task, since her parties usually involved nearly everypony she could think of. This party, though, was a super-special one. It was the first of her birthday parties, the one that was reserved only for her closest, most bestest friends ever! All of her friends were really important, and they would all be invited to the second birthday party, but this one was for the ponies who she'd been through the most with, and who she could honestly call her best friends.

"Dear Rainbow Dash," Pinkie continued. "Oh wait! I already wrote that! It's right up at the top of the paper! I dunno why I wrote it again! Actually, I don't know why I'm writing any of this stuff I'm thinking!" Pinkie looked down at the paper. Sure enough, she'd written that entire thought process down on Dashie's invitation. She considered starting over, but ultimately decided to keep it in. Dashie was one of her best friends! She'd surely be interested in reading her thought patterns! She brought the quill back to the paper and continued on.

"Anyway," Pinkie narrated, "I'm writing this to invite you to my super-duper awesome-tastic birthday party! Not the other party that you already got the invitation for, although that one's gonna be super-duper awesome-tastic too, but this one's an even more special one because it's just for my bestest friends! You don't have to get me any presents; being there is enough of a present for me! Though if you really insist on getting me a present it'd be kinda cool if you got me one of those really terrific pinwheels that you showed me when we went to Cloudsdale that one time! Remember, the ones that were all multicolored and were all like WHEEEEEEEEW when you blew on them, unless you blew on them the wrong way and then they'd be all like FRRRSSHHHH? One of those would be really great! But you don't have to get me a present! Just be at Sugarcube Corner on my birthday at 8:00 sharp! Or even 8:00 dull! Either one is good! Love, Pinkie Pie!" Pinkie folded the invitation neatly and deposited it into an envelope, sealing it shut with a big heart sticker. She then grabbed another piece of paper and began writing again.

"Dear Applejack," Pinkie said. She hesitated for a moment, admiring the stationery she'd chosen for AJ's letter. There were apples all over the edges of the paper. It was perfect! She'd made sure to get stationery that each of her bestest friends would appreciate. The paper for Dashie's invitation had been a sheet of official Wonderbolts stationery. Rarity's had glitter and jewels on the side, and Fluttershy's was decorated with grass on the edges, a rabbit poking its head out of the grass on the bottom. They were all perfectly suited for the ponies they were going to.

"Dear Applejack," Pinkie continued. "...Oh darn! I did it again! I accidentally wrote the header a second time, right after I did the same thing to Dashie's invitation!" Once again, Pinkie had written her thought process on the paper, and once again she decided to leave it. She went on to finish AJ's invitation. It was pretty easy; it was mainly the same as Dashie's, except instead of mentioning the pinwheels, she wrote about a really cool slide whistle that the stall next to AJ's in the market was selling. She folded and sealed this one similarly, then restarted the process with Rarity's invitation. Rarity's and Fluttershy's both began with the same repetition of the header (A genuine mistake each time; she was easily distracted), and each one mentioned a specific gift that Pinkie told them they didn't need to get her; Rarity was told of a cute set of socks, and Fluttershy was reminded of the collar she'd seen for Gummy when they'd gone to the pet supply shop together.

"All done!" Pinkie said as she sealed Fluttershy's envelope and set it next to the other three. "All ready to go out to all of my best friends?"

"What about me?" Twilight asked. "Where's my invitation?"

"Don't be silly, Twilight!" Pinkie said, tousling Twilight's mane playfully. "I didn't think you needed an invitation! I mean, what are you gonna do, NOT come? We've kinda been fused together ever since that wacky spell you messed up!"

"Hm...good point," Twilight said. "Though it still would have been nice to have an invitation."

"Okay, Twilight," Pinkie said, giggling. "Let's go to the stationery store! We'll deliver these on the way" Twilight smiled and levitated the invitations into a saddlebag, and off they went.

PreviousChapters Next