• ...
2
 133
 1,618

PreviousChapters Next
Prompt #11: Making A Mark

Prompt: The mane six all wake up in Sugarcube Corner after a wild night. But everypony remembers last night differently.

Applejack was the first to wake up. This came as no surprise; the hard-working farmer pony often woke up at the crack of dawn to take care of her property. Today, though, she found herself waking up on the floor of Sugarcube Corner. After a few moments, she remembered that she had gone out the night prior with the girls. It was an intense, awesome night, one that she would remember for a good long time to come. The others woke up one by one. Twilight was next, then Rarity, then Fluttershy, and then Rainbow. Pinkie remained asleep, snoring loudly. AJ was used to her snore by this point, and chuckled a bit as the others reacted with disdain to the noise that she'd not only grown used to, but accepted as just another cute part of a full adorable package. She watched the sleeping baker with a smile...but something seemed off. The farmer trotted up to Pinkie, and, upon further inspection, noticed a strange marking on her front left leg. The others, noticing her intent stare, came over to observe as well.

"The heck is that?" Rainbow asked loudly. The others gave her a "be quiet" look, and Rainbow repeated her question in a soft whisper. AJ stared at the marking, trying to remember...

"Uh oh..." the orange pony muttered. "Ah r'member what that is." The girls all continued to look it over as AJ shook her head.

"We were out las' night," AJ recalled, her eyes swishing back to Pinkie every once in a while. "An' we were all pretty far gone. Ah r'member Pinkie talkin' 'bout how 'super-awesome' gettin' a tattoo would be...she must've gone an' done it, an' none'f us were in the right state'a mind ta stop her!" The farmer facehooved. Her pink pony's body was permanently marked, and if she had been sober enough to say something, it wouldn't have happened...

"No wait!" Rainbow suddenly interjected. She was quickly shushed again, and resumed whispering. "No way, that's not what that is!"

"Then whaddaya reckon it is?" AJ asked. She was positive it was a tattoo, she clearly remembered Pinkie talking about it.

"That's the scar from when Pinkie fell!" Rainbow answered. "We were all leaving the bar, and she was busy bouncing all around like she usually does! But she was drunk, so her balance was off, and she slipped and fell against Berry Punch's fence! It was splintered a bit, and she got cut! I remember it clearly!" Rainbow groaned to herself. She was the fastest pegasus in all of Equestria. If she wasn't drop-dead drunk, she could have swooped in and caught poor Pinkie before she scarred herself.

"No, that's not it either," Twilight said, placing a hoof on the frustrated Rainbow's back. "I remember what that is now. We were all in the bar, and that one brown stallion with the hourglass cutie mark was talking to her a whole lot. I remember us having to talk you down, AJ." The farmer nodded; that did sound like the kind of reaction she'd have to a stallion talking her pink baker up. "He wrote his address on her leg because there was no paper around, and she waited until he had left the bar before she scrubbed it off. The ink must have just stained her coat a bit."

"I'm dreadfully sorry, Twilight," Rarity spoke up, "But I believe you're mistaken. It was I who spoke the Dr. Whooves." The white unicorn showed off the address written on her leg to prove it. Twilight awkwardfaced; it wasn't like her to get a fact wrong, especially one that she had been there to witness. She blamed it on the hangover.

"That mark," Rarity explained, "Was caused by my dear cat Opalescence. We had stopped by Carousel Boutique after our night of excess, so I could write this address down properly. While inside, Pinkie had accidentally trodden upon poor Opal's tail. She...did not react well, to say the least. That is where she was scratched." Before anypony could say anything in response, the dramatic unicorn thrust herself onto a nearby couch, covering her forehead with a hoof. "If only I had informed Pinkie as to the location of Opal's bed! Our dear friend would never have gotten so badly and disfiguringly injured! Oh, woe is me! Woe is Rarity!"

"Um...excuse me," Fluttershy whispered, attempting to overcome Rarity's moans. After a few failed attempts, she finally nudged the white unicorn with a hoof to quiet her. "Um...I'm sorry...but that's not what that mark is. I remember Pinkie stepping on Opal's tail, but I calmed her down before she could scratch Pinkie. That mark came from the walk home...Pinkie was bouncing around and not paying attention, and she bounced into a patch of poison oak. That's the beginning of the symptoms, and it's going to spread." Fluttershy sighed as she remembered this. If she had just skipped that one glass of wine, she would have been attentive enough to steer Pinkie away from the poison oak...now she was going to suffer through all the terrible itching, and it was all her fault. Fluttershy shrank back into the corner, feeling terrible about herself.

"No way, it's a tattoo," AJ said. "I remember it."

"-That- is a scar!" Rainbow insisted.

"It's a pen marking and we'd better wash it off!" Twilight

"POOR SWEET PINKIE PIE, BEING INJURED BY MY DEAR OPAL!" Rarity sobbed.

Fluttershy just meeped.

Meanwhile, Pinkie yawned and stretched, having been woken up by all the discussion. She watched the five ponies bickering back and forth with a smile before joining in.

"I say we move all the corn to the east side of Ponyville!" Pinkie shouted, bouncing. "That way if we ever want corn, we know where to go and can meet up with other corn-wanting ponies easily!" The other five stared at her.

"Do you even know what we're arguing about?" Rainbow asked.

"Nopey dopey!" Pinkie responded with a smile. Applejack sighed and approached Pinkie.

"Ah'm real sorry Ah didn't stop ya from gettin' that tattoo..." AJ said, head hung.

"No, -I'm- sorry I didn't stop you from getting that scar," Rainbow said, feeling equally guilty.

"I should have stopped that stallion from bugging you," Twilight sighed.

"I AM A TERRIBLE FRIEND!! MY CAT HAS INJURED YOU!!" Rarity wept.

"...poison oak..." Fluttershy squeaked.

"Huh?" Pinkie asked. "What are you all talking about?"

"THAT!" the five ponies said, pointing to the mark on Pinkie's leg.

"Oh, this?" Pinkie asked, then giggled. "That's frosting! We made cupcakes when we got back!" Pinkie licked it off, then bounced into the kitchen, humming. The other five ponies stared, dumbfounded. It really had been a wild night.

PreviousChapters Next