• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 769 Views, 60 Comments

The Robotic Hero of Canterlot High - TriforceAndroid



Dew Drop, a halfling from Metal City, ends up in Canterlot City and tries to start a new life. But when the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group attack, he must defend Canterlot City as Android, the Hero of Courage!

  • ...
25
 60
 769

Chapter 9: A New Ally

Luna and Celestia were both looking worried sick as Dew Drop came back home.

“Thank goodness you’re back,” Celestia said, rushing up to greet Dew Drop. “After the battle nobody could find you, and we assumed the worst.”

Dew Drop was silent at first. Then, he clung on to his guardian and held onto her tightly. “I-it happened again,” he said. “I saw someone kill Cyber Fury. He didn’t need to die. He needed someone to save him from the brainwashing of Cyber Lord.”

“Yes, I hear he very nearly killed one of our students,” Luna frowned. “Thank goodness you were able to save her in time.”

Dew Drop nodded. “True,” he said quietly. “But still… just knowing that Cyber Fury got killed makes me feel bad. I could’ve saved him from Cyber Lord.”

“It’s not as if you did it,” Luna pointed out. “Though, by all eyewitnesses, this Cyber Fury was disarmed and harmless when he was slain. A bit excessive, perhaps.”

“My thoughts, exactly,” he said. “I’m not happy that he died.”

“At least you’re all right,” Celestia knelt down to hug Dew Drop. “Although some people are going to have a fit when they see their cars.”

Dew Drop chuckled sheepishly. “Yeah, no kidding,” he said.

“Captain Armor showed up to pick up the pieces,” Luna spoke up. “Although since the city doesn’t have laws that pertain to cyborgs, he said he can’t charge it as a murder. He said he wouldn’t even know who or what to look for.”

“Yeah, I don’t know who it is either,” he said.

Celestia and Luna exchanged looks. “Well, at least the masked man didn’t hurt you. He disappeared after you tried to attack him, is what everyone saw.”

“Well,” said Dew Drop. “He didn’t hurt me physically. But… his words really stung.”

“What did he say?” Luna asked, looking concerned. “I know a lot of other people heard it too, but I would rather hear it from you.”

Dew Drop sat down on the couch with a sad look. “He told me that I can’t be a hero if I don’t kill the Cyber Force,” he answered as he hung his head. “He said that since I didn’t kill the Cyber Force, Metal City fell. But the thing is… It wasn’t my fault entirely. The Cyber Force and Anti-Cyborg Group were constantly fighting each other. Their refusal to stop fighting led to Metal City’s downfall. The Cyber Force was blamed for it all though.”

“Maybe this masked person thinks you should have done more,” Luna shrugged. “But if I know you, then you must have given it your best. The Cyber Force does need to be stopped, I think we all agree there.”

“But it’s not fair to blame the entire destruction of the city on you,” Celestia finished. “It was a tragedy, yes, and we absolutely cannot let it happen to Canterlot. If the Cyber Force is here… then you and wolf mask might have a common enemy.”

“Tia!” Luna exclaimed.

“Remember when we used to fight, when we were still just teachers at CHS?” Celestia reminded Luna. “You always said you were never appreciated enough by the students and that I was everyone’s favorite. But then that Sombra became principal and we had to put aside our differences to gather evidence on his crimes and get him locked up. What I’m saying, Dew Drop, is that you need to set your sights on the biggest threat. I don’t know much in the way of cyborgs or your history in Metal City, but I know you’ll always do the right thing for the people. To us and many others, you are a hero.”

This made Dew Drop feel so much better. He smiled with tears in his eyes. He hugged Celestia and Luna very tightly. "Thank you," he said. "Celestia, you act a lot like a mom. Luna, you feel like the aunt I never had." He suddenly realized what he said and blushed with embarrassment. “Um… I think I’ll just head upstairs for now.” With that, he went upstairs, feeling very awkward by what he said.

Celestia and Luna looked at each other and smiled.

"A mom, huh?" Celestia said, feeling somewhat warm inside.
------------------
The next day, the Rainbooms met in the music room, but didn't start practising just yet.

"Oh my gosh, I can't believe I missed a battle here at school," Twilight exclaimed. "Good thing someone recorded it."

Dew Drop walked past the music room, not even noticing the Rainbooms. He was very deep in thought with so many emotions going on inside him: Anger and rage towards the mysterious figure who killed Cyber Fury; sorrow from the words the stranger spoke; and embarrassment from the fact that he basically called Celestia his mom and Luna his aunt.

Geez, he thought. First, that mysterious… anti-hero kills off Cyber Fury and left me confused about what’s right and wrong, then I end up calling Celestia my mom and Luna my aunt. What else is gonna happen? What, are the Rainbooms gonna ask where I was yesterday?

"Where were you yesterday anyway?" Applejack asked Twilight.

"Oh!" Twilight beamed. "I managed to get a VIP pass to the ACG's big event!" She took out a card from her wallet. "A backstage pass to the rocket launch. I won it in an online contest."

Dew Drop stopped as soon as he heard “ACG.” What?! ACG?! He quickly turned a corner and started to listen to the conversation. ACG as in “Anti-Cyborg Group?” Oh, please don’t tell me that they’re here too!

"ACG?" Rarity asked.

"Yeah!" Twilight replied. "Aerospace Communication Geotech. I got some pictures with the staff, the lead director, and with the rocket itself. I'm so pleased."

Dew Drop narrowed his eyes. I don’t trust that, he thought. I remember seeing a rocket yesterday during my fight with Cyber Fury. Okay, that’s it! I’m going over to this event in order to figure out what’s really going on.

Meanwhile, the Rainbooms oohed and aahed over the photos on Twilight’s phone.

"I've never seen a rocket launch up close before!" Pinkie exclaimed. "It must have been fun!"

"You have no idea," Twilight said, giggling. "But from what I hear, CHS had some excitement of its own while I was gone."

"Yeah, Derpy almost got killed by some big cyborg monster," Applejack told her. "Luckily two heroes appeared and took him down before he could hurt anyone."

"Two heroes?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"Well, yeah," Applejack crossed her arms. "The green one and the white one."

Dew Drop heard what Applejack said and pinched his nose with frustration. I still fail to see how killing a criminal makes a hero. If I had a say, I would do all I could to make sure he never uses Black Core energy ever again. He let out a very soft sigh as he shook his head. Applejack, how can you support a killer?

Twilight was talking to Rainbow Dash. "You said something about a voice analysis?"

"Yeah," Rainbow said. "On this video I took of yesterday's fight."

"Well, the quality isn't great, but I'll see what I can do," Twilight began downloading the video to her laptop. "Why do you want this done anyway?"

"Oh, you know," Rainbow said carefully. "A favor for a friend."

Dew Drop smiled at Rainbow’s response. Rainbow Dash, you are awesome! I see that you really care for your friends. Hmm… I see an aura of loyalty!

Twilight fiddled around with her laptop, playing back the speech. "Like I said, the quality isn't great, but I can at least tell you this. The green guy is talking with a normal human voice, but the guy in white is using a voice scrambler or synthesiser. And both of them are very angry."

Wait, is she gonna recognize my voice? Dew Drop thought with alarm. No way. There’s no way she could figure that out! Nobody has ever recognized my voice when I’m Android!

"Is that all?" Rainbow asked, sounding slightly disappointed.

"Afraid so," Twilight said. "However, the video itself has a few more things I'd like to point out. Look at the blades that the man in white is using. See that distinct blue glow? That's an HF blade."

"HF?" Fluttershy asked.

"High Frequency," Twilight clarified. "The blade uses electrical impulses to vibrate the blade at an extremely high speed, vastly increasing the cutting power and making it extremely painful to cyborgs and anything with electronics."

"Yikes," Sunset muttered.

"HF blades are very high tech," Twilight continued. "Whoever the guy in white is, he definitely geared himself up for fighting cyborgs. The ionic taser wire shuts down electronics, inducing a temporary shut down of cyberware. Very skillful. I also wouldn't mind having a look at the green guy's beam sword."

Well, that would explain how such a blow killed Cyber Fury, thought Dew Drop. As well as why my right arm stopped working. Also, should I show her my beam sword? Better question: Does she support that killer?

Twilight finished her analysis and closed her laptop. "I'm happy nobody was hurt yesterday. It could have easily turned out much worse if that big cyborg was allowed to run wild. Do you mind if I skip practice today? I want to write a thank you letter to the director of the ACG for letting me attend the event."

"So long as you're not going to skip the rest of the week," Sunset laughed. "I guess that means we have this afternoon off."

"Okie dokie!" Pinkie hopped to her feet. "I'm going to visit the Cake twins! See you girls tomorrow!"

Pinkie bounced out of the music room and almost ran into Dew Drop.

"Oops! Sorry, Dew Drop!" She spun around him and kept going.

“Oh, no worries, Pinkie,” he said. He smiled before attempting to tip toe away in hopes that he wouldn’t be caught eavesdropping. I hope no one heard Pinkie say my name.

Applejack was the next to leave, followed by the rest of her friends. Sunset and Twilight brought up the rear, admiring the photos Twilight had taken of the rocket launch event.

Dew Drop noticed the photos and gasped quietly. Wait! That’s the rocket I saw yesterday! Okay, I better see when this event takes place! He pulled out his phone as saw that the event that Twilight was going to would be today. Shoot! I better get over there right now! I need to make sure that Twilight stays safe!

As Dew Drop walked, he ran into Luna.

"Ah, yes, I've been looking for you," Luna bent over to whisper in Dew Drop’s ear. "Captain Armor says he'll have the, ah, contraband delivered to the defunct police station later today. For Android."

“Oh, cool,” he whispered. “Glad I took the time to… redecorate the interior a little. Wait, what time will he arrive?”

"Around five in the afternoon," Luna told him. "He also said he would bring the remains of Cyber Fury as well."

“Great,” he said. “I have to go to something at seven. Twilight is going to this thing that is being held by the ACG. She said that it stands for Aerospace Communication Geotech. But… I have a very bad feeling that it’s actually the second group of enemies I made in Metal City: The Anti-Cyborg Group.”

“Well, I hope it isn’t,” Luna said, worried. “The ACG here has been around for some years already. They’re known for working on all manner of things, from satellites to phones to cars. But if you want to investigate, fine. Just don’t cause any trouble if it’s not necessary.”

“Okay, will do,” said Dew Drop. “First, I better finish getting my new… um… headquarters ready.”
-----------------------------------------
The police van came around to the abandoned police station, carrying a large container. The vehicle pulled up outside and a team of officers carried the container over to the side doors.

“I don’t know why the chief wanted us to bring this stuff here,” one of the officers grunted as they set down the container. “Nobody’s been here in years.”

“Maybe that’s the point,” another officer pointed out. “This is a place where you take stuff to forget about it. Honestly, I was fine before all this cyborg hokey pokey came to Canterlot. The laws don’t have anything for them.”

“Whatever,” the first officer said. “We brought the stuff here, as ordered. Whatever happens to it next is not our problem.”

They got back in the van and drove away, leaving the container at the station.

Android came out and, after making sure that no one was around, brought the container inside. After closing the door behind him, he brought the container to the big table in the middle of the main room. He opened the container and pulled out Cyber Fury’s dead body. He looked at it sadly and hung his head. “If only… there was a way I could’ve saved you from Cyber Lord,” he whispered. He then slammed his robotic arm onto the dead cyborg’s chest and yelled, “I HATE YOU! I HATE YOU, YOU WOLF HEADED MURDERER!”

He calmed down and started to examine Cyber Fury’s body, unaware of the fact that some of his White Core energy entered the dead cyborg. He saw that all of the cybernetic parts within were burnt with no trace of Black Core energy. “Well, I guess he is free in a way,” he muttered. “But that doesn’t mean I have to be happy about it.”

He decided to take a small break from examining the dead body and went over to his computer to finish downloading the stealth mode for his armor. Unknown to the young hero, that small amount of White Core energy began to repair Cyber Fury’s damaged parts. However, instead of being corrupt, the cyborg was slowly being filled with positive energy. The once dead heart began to slowly beat as Cyber Fury was slowly waking up as a completely different person.

Android didn’t even notice what was happening at first until he saw the room being filled with a bright glow. Gasping, he turned around and saw Cyber Fury slowly being repaired! What’s happening? He thought. Soon, the glow died down and the unmoving cyborg landed on the table. Gone was the black armor. It was now replaced with bright red armor with a white fist symbol on his chest. Instead of a helmet that covered his whole face, there was a helmet that only covered the top of his head with a bandana-like mask around his head and eyes. Suddenly, he began to get up, clutching his head and groaning.

“Huh?” The revived cyborg said. “Where am I? How did I get here?”

Android stared in awe at the miraculous sight before him. He approached the newcomer slowly. “Y-you’re alive,” he whispered before he began to jump for joy. “OH, MY GOSH! YOU’RE ALIVE!” He stopped for a moment and asked, “Who are you, friend?”

The newcomer looked at Android and answered, “Firm Soul.”

Android gasped. “F-firm Soul?” He said. He took off his helmet and stared with tears in his eyes.

Firm Soul looked at Android, who revealed himself to be Dew Drop, and gasped. “D-dew Drop?” He asked. Not another word needed to be said. The two cyborgs charged at each other and hugged each other tightly while crying. Firm Soul wasn’t just another cyborg. He was one of the cyborgs from Metal City who was not only a friend to Dew Drop, but also a hardcore Android supporter.
“Dew Drop, what happened?” Asked Richard. “What have I been doing this whole time?”

“Y-you were brainwashed by Cyber Lord,” answered Dew Drop tearfully. “He turned you into one of the Deadly Cyborgs, Cyber Fury!”

Richard hung his head sadly. “I’m so sorry,” he said.

“It wasn’t your fault, Firm. It was all Cyber Lord. You were then killed by a guy in a wolf mask because he thought that the Cyber Force should die.”

“What?! That’s bullshit!” Firm Soul was very angry. “Where is that wolf-masked bastard? I’m gonna beat him to a pulp.”

Dew Drop held him back. “Easy there… Robofist?”

“Huh?” Asked Firm. “Robofist? Why are you calling me that?”

Dew Drop put on his helmet and spoke as Android: “Firm Soul, you were once brainwashed by Cyber Lord and turned into Cyber Fury. But now, you’re free. Now, I offer you a choice! Join me and help me defeat both the Cyber Force and ACG. Will you accept?”

Firm smirked confidently. “Hell, yeah,” he said. “I’ma knock some sense into those war-loving idiots!”

Android grinned. “Great! From this moment on, you will be known as Robofist! The Cyborg of Strength! May your great strength and strong heart bring fear upon your enemies! Robofist, I welcome you to the newly founded RoboSquad!”

“Sweet,” said Robofist. “So, what’s our course of action?”

“First, I better call Captain Shining Armor and see if he can send Cyber Dragon’s dead body here,” said Android. “If I can revive and save you, then I can do the same for Cyber Dragon! Then, we need to go to this event and see if Canterlot’s ACG is the ACG that we know.”

“All right,” said Robofist. “Let’s get this party started!”

Author's Note:

Well, let's see what sort of stuff you guys have to say about Android now. Do you still think he needs to kill the Cyber Force after all of this?