• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 769 Views, 60 Comments

The Robotic Hero of Canterlot High - TriforceAndroid



Dew Drop, a halfling from Metal City, ends up in Canterlot City and tries to start a new life. But when the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group attack, he must defend Canterlot City as Android, the Hero of Courage!

  • ...
25
 60
 769

Chapter 14: Morality War

A few days later…

“Robofist, hold him down,” Android called out as he and his comrades were fighting Cyber Pig, the Cyborg of Gluttony. Cyber Pig certainly lived up to his name as he was able to eat large portions of food but never be satisfied.

Robofist had a good grip on the large foe. “I’ve got him, but he’s struggling,” he called out.

Bot Blaster flew high into the air and aimed his arm cannon at the gluttonous fiend, making sure to not hit Robofist. He turned the dial on his cannon to ice and fired. “Hey, fatso,” he called. “Chill out!”

Cyber Pig found his lower half frozen as he tried to move. Ninjadroid leapt high into the air and threw some kunai at him. With a special kind of chemical built into them, they were able to finally slow down the enemy.

“Android, do your thing,” he called out. “Purify him before that Wolf Head guy shows up.”

Android nodded and gave Cyber Pig a slash, opening up his chest cavity. He stabbed the black core with his sword and slammed his right hand onto the villain’s chest. From a distance, the police were witnessing the fight. Before they could do anything else, Cyber Pig began to change. His armor slowly melted away and the noticeable black aura vanished. Soon, a young boy fell to the ground unconscious.

Everyone stared in awe at the sight. Android went to the boy and propped him up. The boy woke up and looked around. “Huh?” He said. “Where am I? How did I get here?” Suddenly, he looked scared. “Is Cyber Lord still here? DON’T SEND ME BACK TO HIM! PLEASE!” He clung onto Android, crying.

Android smiled gently and hugged him. “Fear not, friend,” he said. “You’re free now. The Robo-Squad and I have freed you from Cyber Lord’s control.”

The boy looked at Android and smiled gratefully. “Thank you so much,” he said. “I always knew that everyone in Metal City was wrong about you!”

“Were they?” the White Wolf said from atop a nearby building, watching the scene below. Behind the wolf mask, there was an intense blue glow. One of his HF blades was out, but it quickly snapped back into its sheath. “So that’s how we’re playing, is it, Android?”

Android scowled at the White Wolf. “Are you going to kill this boy too?” He asked. “Just like you killed the others?”

Robofist came beside Android and pounded his fists together. “I guess I should thank you for killing me,” he said sarcastically. “But Android brought me back. I was being controlled by the Cyber Force, but Android set me free.”

“Same for me,” said Bot Blaster as he stood with them. “You want the Cyber Force to be gone, and that’s understandable. We all want the same thing. But the thing is this: Not all of these cybernetic cyborgs enjoy being evil. Some of them long for freedom from Cyber Lord.”

Ninjadroid spoke next. “Your heart is in the right place. But we believe that your methods are wrong. To kill all the Cyber Force is to kill those who need to be saved.”

The White Wolf cocked his head to the side. “Four against one. Not all that valorous, if I may say so,” he unsheathed both his HF blades. They hummed in the air for a moment before being put away. “You might be surprised to find that I bear you no ill will. Android was able to bring you back because I removed the source of your corruption. As far as I am concerned, once the black core is gone, you don’t really matter to me for the moment.” The White Wolf turned away and began to leave. “This just moves things up a bit. Enjoy your victory, I imagine that you worked quite hard for it.”

And then he was gone.

Android let out a sigh of relief. “Okay, he didn’t go for the kid,” he said. “I am so thankful for that!”

“So, what do we do now?” Asked Bot Blaster.

Android was silent before he carried the boy to the police. “What’s your name, buddy?” He asked the kid.


“Th-theodore. Theodore Davis,” the boy answered.

“Well then, Theodore, I’m gonna ask Captain Shining Armor to find you a family,” said Android. He saw the captain. “Hello, captain,” he said politely.

“Not bad of a fight,” Shining Armor complimented as he took Theodore’s hand. “You seem to have found some companions. That’s good,” he smiled. “Everyone needs friends to help them out on occasion.”

“Well, yeah,” said Android. “Between you and me, those four are actually friends that I thought had died with Metal City.”

“Really?” Shining Armor looked impressed. “I’m willing to bet you’re glad to have them back, right?”

“Definitely,” answered Android. He looked back at his companions with a grateful smile.

“Well, the police will do all they can for young Theodore here,” Shining Armor assured Android. “I will say that it makes for a nice change not to have to pick up a body after all this. Your friend didn’t seem too happy about how things turned out here.”

Android sighed. “Sir, with all due respect, he and I are not friends,” he said. “I want to know why he believes that killing is the right thing to do. I find his tactics to be too drastic. With the way he kills every single Cyber Force member, I can’t help but ask if he values any life at all.”

“Is he a cyborg like you?” Shining Armor asked as another officer escorted Theodore to a squad car. “From what I’ve seen, he’s packing some serious weaponry that makes him seem like a cyborg.”

“I don’t know,” said Android. “It’s really hard to tell.” He grunted a little. “Man, this makes me feel like I’m in the world of My Hero Academia. Regarding our thoughts and opinions on what a hero is supposed to be, I mean.”

“I hope you can get it sorted out someday,” Shining Armor said. “Meanwhile, I need to write up reports about what happened here. See you around, Android. Keep up the good work.” Then he paused. “By the way,” he turned around. “The White Wolf paid me a visit a few nights ago. He gave me his radio frequency so I could contact him about any cyborg threats. Since he never told me not to share it, I have to ask, do you want it?”

Android nodded. “I don’t want him to kill any more cyborgs,” he said. “The only ones I will allow him to kill are the Four Cyber Masters. They’re too evil to convert to good.”

Captain Armor took out a card and wrote some numbers on it. “Here. My best engineers couldn’t track where it goes, but maybe it’ll be useful all the same.”

Android took it with a grateful smile. “Thank you, sir,” he said gratefully. “Well, I better get my teammates someplace to rest up. Take care!” He gave him a salute and walked off.
—---------------------------------
“What was that?” Dr. Ironside asked angrily.

“What was what?” Dr. Allister said bluntly.

“You could have used the WM-01 to kill Android and his little cyborg friends right there! Why didn’t you?” Ironside demanded.

Allister pressed a few buttons on the keyboard and faced Ironside.

“Because none of them were radiating black core energy. The Cyber Force is the only cyborg group that uses black core energy. It seems that Android has found a way to purify black core energy without having to kill the cyborg.”

“Robs you of your revenge, doesn’t it?” Ironside sneered.

“It’s never been about revenge,” Allister said stoutly. “It’s always been about justice. Though I will admit, watching the WM-01 kill the Cyber Force members was very satisfying.”

Allister walked towards the pod on the wall and checked the status.

“Project Iris is at 82 percent completion,” Allister’s assistant said, stepping out of the corner.

“You care more about your dead daughter than you do about ridding the world of cyborgs,” Ironside called from across the room. “Don’t you remember it’s because of the Cyber Force that you lost your wife and child in the first place?”

Allister clenched his fist and bit back a biting response. “I haven’t forgotten,” he said quietly. “And I would thank you very much to not talk to me like I’m your enemy. I’m not. I care about destroying the Cyber Force like you. And my daughter isn’t dead! I will save her.”

“Whatever,” Ironside scoffed and walked over to Allister. “You yourself said that this moves things up the schedule. We both know Project Aegis has to be activated now. The wolvin units are ready. We cannot afford to let more Cyber Force trash escape justice.”

Allister rubbed his chin. “Alright. I’ll have my assistant run the final checks tonight, and we can launch Project Aegis tomorrow. Thanks to your knowledge, Dr. Ironside, Project Aegis will usher in a new era of peace for humanity. Soon, the Cyber Force will be no more.”

“Excellent,” Ironside said before walking away. The doctor’s fingers reached into his coat and caressed the grip of a gun hidden in there. He waited until he was out of hearing range before adding, “And then I will have no more need of you, Dr. Allister.”
—----------------------------------
Celesita, Luna, and Dew Drop were gathered around the dinner table, eating their meal while Dew Drop told them about the day he had experienced.

"So, I'm glad to know that my team and I got to Cyber Pig first before the White Wolf showed up," he said. "With three teammates by my side, I have a better chance at beating the Cyber Force and the ACG. Plus, he did NOT go for the boy who was Cyber Pig. I'm thankful for that."

“That’s good,” Celestia agreed. “How are you acclimating to this city? I know it’s been a few weeks, but I want to know how you’re adjusting.”

“Especially with this whole hero business,” Luna added. “I know Bruce Wayne found it difficult at first.”

"I'm adjusting quite nicely," said the young cyborg. "This is far more friendly than Metal City. Heck, I found out that there's a fanclub for Android." He pulled out his phone and showed his guardians a page on the internet that was all about Android. The way he fought, the way his armor looked, and even people trying to figure out his sword worked.

“And how have you been proceeding with your schoolwork?” Celestia asked a bit more seriously. “I know you have duties as a hero, but as a student you also need to maintain some decent grades.”

“I’ve been doing well with my grades,” said Dew Drop. “I’ve been making sure that I get all my schoolwork done before moving on to my other hobbies.”

"Nice to hear," Luna said approvingly. "So what's next for our amazing Android?"

Dew Drop chuckled before responding. "Well, my team and I plan to find where the White Wolf is," he replied. "I'm not gonna fight him. I'm just gonna try to figure out his motives and who he is. I want to help him understand that killing isn't always the answer. Plus, I want to see if he'll agree to only kill the Four Cyber Masters. In all honesty, those four have lost all sanity and humanity." He sighed sadly. "I don't want them to die, but I've come to realize that I probably can't save them."

“Be careful with confronting this White Wolf person,” Luna said, looking at Dew Drop with a stern expression. “I’ve seen this kind of behaviour in the Batman comics. It’s not certain he’ll agree with you on your points, especially if he’s committed enough to his own ideals as to kill for them.”

Dew Drop nodded. “I got it,” he said. “I’m a little scared, but I won’t let fear win. As long as I have my teammates, I’ll be okay!”

Celestia and Luna picked up the empty dishes and got to washing them up, leaving Dew Drop to do his own activities for the evening. The two sisters didn’t say much, but both of them were thinking about Dew Drop and what might lie ahead for him.

“I’m worried about him, Lulu,” Celestia said quietly as she put the plates in the dishwasher. “He’s still a kid, and he has all these responsibilities. It doesn’t seem right to me.”

“You seemed fine with the Rainbooms,” Luna pointed out. “What makes Dew Drop any different?”

“The Rainbooms weren’t up against the same foes that Dew Drop is,” Celestia shut the dishwasher and turned it on. “I’m not saying he can’t handle it, but it seems like an awful lot of stress to put on one boy.”

Luna tossed an empty box of crackers into the trash. “On that, we can agree. But what can we do? It’s not like we can go out there and fight with him. We wouldn’t last five seconds.”

“I know,” Celestia said somewhat unhappily. “But I do wish there was more we could do to help.”

Luna placed her hand on her sister’s shoulder and gave her a smile.

“We can trust in Dew Drop. I’m sure that he knows already, but if we believe in him, I’m sure things will be alright.”

“I hope so, Lulu. I really do.”