• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 769 Views, 60 Comments

The Robotic Hero of Canterlot High - TriforceAndroid



Dew Drop, a halfling from Metal City, ends up in Canterlot City and tries to start a new life. But when the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group attack, he must defend Canterlot City as Android, the Hero of Courage!

  • ...
25
 60
 769

Chapter 11: What Makes a Hero?

Celestia and Luna were finishing up their respective paperwork when Dew Drop entered the house. This time, Dew Drop wasn’t alone. As he came into the house, he was followed by a boy who looked to be at least a year older than him. He was a bit muscular with brown hair, hazel eyes, a red hoodie, black jeans, and black sneakers.

“Okay, Firm Soul,” said Dew Drop quietly. “They both know that I’m Android, so it’s fair for me to tell them about you. Don’t worry. You can trust them.”

The new boy, Firm Soul, took a deep breath and nodded. “Okay,” he whispered. “I trust you.”

Dew Drop smiled at his friend and told him to wait. “Celestia, Luna, I’m home,” he called out.

“Welcome home, Dew Drop,” Luna said, turning around to smile at him. “How was your day?”

"My day was a lot better than yesterday," said Dew Drop with a smile. "Do you… guys remember Cyber Fury? The guy that the wolf mask killed?" He was very eager to tell them the good news about the former Cyber Force member!

"Yes…" Celestia said slowly. "What about him?"

“Well, I somehow brought him back to life,” said Dew Drop as he tried to hold back his excitement. “Not only that, but I also managed to purify him and restore him to the person he was before. It turned out to be… one of my friends from Metal City!”

“... Come again?” Luna asked hesitantly.

"Let me show you," said the young cyborg before turning to the door. "Come on out, buddy!"

A few seconds later, Firm Soul stepped into the room with a rather nervous expression. "Hello," he said. "My name is Firm Soul, formerly known as Cyber Fury. But now I'm free! My new name is Robofist, Cyborg of Valor. I hope you don't mind my presence."

Dew Drop wrapped an arm around his shoulder as he looked at his guardians. "Firm Soul is an old friend of mine," he explained. "The very first cyborg to befriend me. That was until he was brainwashed by Cyber Lord and corrupted by the Black Core."

Celestia and Luna both blinked in unison. Then Celestia managed, “Hello, ah, Firm Soul. You’re one of Dew Drop’s friends?”

“She’s still somewhat sore about you trying to murder our students,” Luna said flatly. “And frankly, so am I. But Dew Drop seems to trust you, so we will at least hear you out.”

Firm Soul stepped forward and bowed his head a little. "I'm sorry," he said. "I was always called a poor excuse for a cyborg just because I was bad at fighting. I would often get angry at them because I have anger issues. Cyber Lord came along and promised to grant me power so people would respect me. However, it turned out to be a trap and soon I was trapped in cybernetic armor as he placed a piece of the Black Core into my chest. Soon, I ended up forgetting about my old life and the few friends I made. Since I have anger issues, Cyber Lord used my anger to brainwash me. When I finally woke up, I saw Dew Drop and… well, here we are." He hung his head and looked like he was about to cry.

Dew Drop rubbed his shoulder with a soft smile. "It's okay, Firm Soul," he said. "I'm just glad to have my friend back."

Celestia and Luna exchanged looks, turning away to whisper. Finally they seemed to reach an agreement.

“As long as you don’t lose control of yourself again, I’ll be okay with you being with Dew Drop,” Celestia said. “He already places himself in danger to protect people, and if you are going to help him, then I suppose it could be worse than having one of his old friends backing him up.”

“You’re not the only person with anger issues,” Luna told Firm Soul. “What’s important is that it doesn’t make you lose your sensibilities.”

Firm Soul looked up at them and smiled a little. "Thank you so much," he said. He then put on a determined grin. "I'm not going to let Dew Drop fight this fight alone. As the Cyborg of Valor, I promise to help him beat the Cyber Force and the ACG."

Dew Drop chuckled. "You always were strong, passionate, and loyal to me and our other few friends."

“Dew Drop could use a few more friends,” Celestia smiled. “At least a few more who can help him out if he’s in danger.”

“Do the Rainbooms know your secret?” Luna asked. “Not saying that you need to tell them. I just thought that they could be helpful too.”

"Not yet," said Dew Drop. "I just want them to get used to me first."

"The Rainbooms?" Asked Firm Soul. "Who are they?"

“A band of girls with remarkable powers, not unlike your own,” Celestia said. “But I respect your decision. Now, I heard from Captain Armor that you have a base of operations? Is that where you will be staying?”

"Yeah, for the time being," said Dew Drop. "Plus, I won't be alone there. I'll at least have a roommate."

Firm Soul grinned. "You can't get rid of me that easily," he said.

Dew Drop smirked and lightly punched his shoulder. "No kidding," he said. "It's impossible considering how much you care for our friends. I wonder if Captain Armor still has Cyber Dragon's remains. I still want to try and save him."

Firm Soul ruffled the young lad's hair. "Heh," he chuckled. "You always did have a big heart!"

“Do you two want something to eat before you head off again?” Celestia asked. “I’ve already cooked dinner, and there’s plenty to go around. I hope you like spicy wings and steak and kidney pie.”

“Spicy wings?” Asked Firm Sould before a big grin spread across his face. “HELL, YEAH!”

Dew Drop did a light facepalm. “Right, I forgot two things,” he said. “One, Firm Soul is tough when it comes to eating spicy foods. Two, he… doesn’t have the cleanest mouth.”


“Sorry,” said Firm Soul. “I’m like that when I get passionate about stuff that I like. Please, excuse my language.”

"I think we can forgive a little ripe language," Luna shrugged as Celestia brought out the food. "Nobody’s perfect. Besides, if you’re going to be battling with Dew Drop, he could use the backup."

"Oh, yeah," said Firm Soul as he posed confidently. "I'll be honest here: I am so eager to break some Cyber droids!" He punched his fists together, wincing a little in the process. "Bring them on!"

Dew Drop chuckled. "Easy there, tough guy," he said. "Don't hurt yourself."

Firm Sould could only chuckle sheepishly. "Yeah," he said. "That's fair."

“Do what you need to, just don’t do anything irresponsible,” Luna advised. “So long as you don’t do anything reckless, we’ll be willing to support you in everything.”

"Thank you, Aun- I mean, Luna," said Dew Drop quickly.

Firm Soul gave him a rather confused stare. "Um… were you about to call her your aun-?" He tried to ask only for Dew Drop to cover his mouth. With that, he quickly ran upstairs with his friend to get washed up for dinner.

When both of them had washed their hands, the four people sat down in front of the TV to eat. Celestia put on the evening news and they ate while listening to a report on the weather and a story about how Android and the Wolf Masked man had stopped an attack on CHS by a hostile cyborg. There were several students who were interviewed by the reporter, including Rarity, Applejack, and Derpy.

“I most certainly am glad that there are heroes out there, ready to swoop in and save the day,” Rarity said. “I only wish I could show my appreciation better.”

“Android saved my life!” Derpy cheered. “He’s my hero!”

“Great job on the both of ‘em,” Applejack told the camera. “I feel a lot safer now that the bad guy’s been stopped, in every sense of the word.”

Dew Drop felt a mix of gladness, annoyance, and disappointment. He was glad that the students were showing appreciation to him. On the other hand, he didn't understand how they could call the man in the wolf mask a hero. He took a glance at Richard and sighed a little.

I won't destroy lives like a murderer, he thought. I will save everyone! Even villains need to be saved.

Firm Soul noticed his friend's face and felt concerned. "What's wrong, Dew Drop?" He asked.

"It's just that… These students are calling the man in the wolf mask a hero," he said. "I don't understand how they can call him a hero. I mean, he was the one who killed you when you were Cyber Fury."

Firm Soul smiled a little and patted him on the shoulder. "Well, you did the one thing that he couldn't hope to do," he said reassuringly. "You saved someone that everyone else gave up on. You saved me from serving the Cyber Force any further. The fact that you want to save people that everyone else has given up on tells me that you're the real hero here."

Dew Drop felt a little better. "Thanks, man," he said.

“He did seem to have a solid foundation of what it means to be a hero, though…” Luna said aloud, thinking. “A hero is supposed to protect those who can’t protect themselves, is what he said. His methods are on the extreme side, but at least he talks a good game.”

“The world isn’t divided into two different types of people, good and bad, each wearing different colored hats,” Celestia added. “Heroism also comes in many different shapes and forms. The man in the wolf mask might see himself as a hero who does things that nobody else is willing to do. What’s that called again?”

"Anti-hero?" Dew Drop guessed.

"Well, what if the villain only became a villain because he was forced to be one?" Asked Firm Soul. "Suppose someone really needs help with a traumatizing situation like abuse from a dad or having no control over their skills. Now, think of society noticing what's happening to that person, but not doing anything to help them."

"Yeah," added Dew Drop. "Let's take Himiko Toga from My Hero Academia for example. As a child, she developed her quirk and had a sudden thirst for blood. Her parents could've taken her to a therapist to help with her problem. But instead, they looked at her with disgust and said, 'Why can't you be a normal child?' This led to her becoming a villain. So… who's the real villain here: The abandoned girl who needed help and became a villain because no one would help her; or the people who turned their back on her when she needed help? Which one is the true villain?"

"Or, Tomura Shigaraki from the same franchise," added Firm Soul. "When he was a child, he wanted to be a hero. However his father was abusive towards him for having such a dream, telling him that being a hero is a waste of time since the hero doesn't always have time for their family. Later, he developed his decaying quirk and accidentally killed his whole family. He searched desperately for someone to help him. But… society didn't bother to lift a finger to save him from his traumatized self. Nor did any hero try to help him. As a result, he was found by the big villain All For One. AFO raised him to be hateful, which led to him becoming a villain. But again, who's the real villain here: The boy who was hurt by his family and abandoned by everyone when he needed help; or the people and heroes who refused to help him?"

"The point is… it's really easy to label someone as a villain just because they're evil," said Dew Drop in a serious tone. "But everyone should ask why the person became a villain. If it's because no one tried to help them in the first place, then we should try to save them. If it's because they love being evil and have no sense of love or compassion in them… Well, then maybe those people need to die. It's not all black and white as you may think. The whole world is a shade of grey."

“Some villains can’t be redeemed, though,” Luna said. “Some like the Joker either believe themselves too far gone or aren’t of sound enough mind to recognize when they’re being given a chance. Goodness knows Batman would like nothing better than to not have to fight the Joker and other villains, but they don’t give him much of a choice. Would Gotham city be better off without them? Undoubtedly.”

“Not to mention they won’t kill the Joker because he makes such a great foil to Batman,” Celestia added with a smirk.

“Yes, there is that,” Luna admitted.

"Now, I won't lie," said Dew Drop. "I do see some villains that I want to die! Like Cyber Lord and the other Cyber Masters." He let out a sad sigh. "I've tried to figure out why they're evil for such a long time. Yet… I have no answer. I agree that those guys have lost all humanity and need to die." He hung his head sadly. "The thing is… I'm scared that if I kill them, I'll become a murderer and end up commiting genocide on the cyborgs. I don't want to do that."

“You know yourself better than anyone else,” Celestia said gently. “But the Dew Drop that we know wouldn’t become like that. Like Richard said, you have a good heart.”

“Besides, if you really don’t want to be the one to take their lives, you could always put them through due process,” Luna said. “Although I don’t think we do the death penalty anymore. You might know better than me.”

"Probably," said Dew Drop quietly. He looked back up at the screen and smiled a little at the sight of Derpy holding a hand drawn picture of Android. He teared up a little. "Derpy… was the very first person to ever thank me as Android for saving her," he added.

The news changed to show the next day’s weather forecast. It was due to be a cloudy day.

“Firm Soul, I have a question,” Celestia turned down the TV volume. “Dew Drop is currently enrolled at CHS. Do you plan to do the same, or do you have some other place to be while Dew Drop is at school?”

“Um… well... “ Firm Soul said. “I haven’t been to school in a long time. So, I guess I can give that a try.”

Dew Drop grinned a little. “Don’t worry, dude! I’ve made quite a few friends at this school! I think they’ll like you!”

“We can sort out your documents right now, if you want,” Celestia suggested. “Luna and I are the principals of the school, so we have some leeway with new students.”

Firm Soul nodded in agreement. “All right! Let’s do this!” He gave a very confident smirk.

They spent the rest of the night filling out forms for Richard to go to CHS, after which the group decided to call it a night.

“See you at school tomorrow, Firm Soul,” Celestia said with a wink. “I’m sure you’ll fit right in.”

“Sweet,” said Firm Soul. He left the house with a very confident grin. As Dew Drop watched his friend, he smiled a little. Cyber Force, you only had to deal with one cyborg! But now, you’ll have to deal with two!

Author's Note:

Okay, so after this chapter, I'll go ahead and expand even further on why Android is afraid to kill villains.