• Published 24th Apr 2018
  • 769 Views, 60 Comments

The Robotic Hero of Canterlot High - TriforceAndroid



Dew Drop, a halfling from Metal City, ends up in Canterlot City and tries to start a new life. But when the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group attack, he must defend Canterlot City as Android, the Hero of Courage!

  • ...
25
 60
 769

Chapter 6: Team Up

Sunday came and went and Celestia and Luna did everything they could to support Dew Drop. When Monday came, everyone was feeling a little better than before.

"We won't tell anyone about your secret identity," Luna promised Dew Drop on their way to school. "Your secret is safe with us."

"That’s right. We won't tell anyone that you're Android," added Celestia. "Not a word."

"Unless you want us to."

"Thank you so much," said Dew Drop gratefully. "I trust you both more than anyone from Metal City."

Celestia parked the car in her spot and after wishing Dew Drop a good day, went off with Luna to deal with the morning's responsibilities in her office.

Dew Drop set off to his first class. As he passed, he heard multiple students talking. They were talking about Android's battle with Cyber Dragon. He was rather curious about what they were saying about him as Android. Soon he saw Twilight heading for Science Class. He ran up to her and greeted her.

"Good morning, Twilight," he said with a grin.

“Good morning,” Twilight said politely. “How was your weekend, Dew Drop?” She was getting her books from her locker for class in a few minutes.

“It was quite… eventful,” he said carefully. “I’m so glad to be in new clothes!” His new outfit consisted of a hoodie with Deku from My Hero Academia, some dark blue jeans, and black sneakers.

“It looks good on you,” Twilight complimented. “Did you get those at the mall?”

“Yup,” answered Dew Drop. “It was quite a fun time!” He paused for a moment. “Say, I’ve heard that the students here are talking about something. Do you know what it is?”

“Yes, actually,” Twilight told him. “My older brother is the Chief of Canterlot Police and he told me there was some kind of fight at the mall on Saturday. He had to work late and cancel dinner with the family.”

“Oh, really?” He asked, even though he knew what really happened. “What was the fight like?”

“I wasn’t there,” Twilight frowned. “But some people uploaded videos on the internet and it seems like there are people with cybernetic enhancements in the city. What I wouldn’t give to examine one up close.”

“Whoa,” said Dew Drop. “Examine up close? Let me guess: You’re a scientist.” He said that jokingly. But as Twilight gave him a serious stare, his eyes widened. “Wait, you ARE a scientist?! Awesome!”

“Science and all things related are my passion,” Twilight confirmed. “I love finding out how things work.”

“Wow,” he said with a grin. “You actually remind me of one of the few friends I had a long time ago. He was passionate about learning as much as he could. He even went on to build his own machines.”

“Really?” Asked Twilight. “What was his name?”

“His name was Benjamin Benson,” Dew Drop answered.

“I know of a few scientists and engineers like that,” Twilight said. “Some of them even wrote books on the subjects, and I have them all. Read them more than twice, too.” She giggled. “I love books. Do you think I could meet Benjamin Benson some time? He sounds like someone I could get along with.”

Dew Drop hung his head a little. “He’s gone,” he said sadly. “All the people I loved at Metal City are all gone.”

“Oh,” Twilight looked mortified. “I’m sorry, Dew Drop. I had no idea.”

Dew Drop patted her head. “It’s okay,” he replied. “I want to talk about it soon. I’m just not sure when a good time to do so is.”

Twilight nodded understandingly. “Just don’t force yourself to anything. Friends understand if one of them isn’t ready to talk about something. I’ll see you later, okay? Class is starting and we should be on time.”

“Yeah,” he said. “See you soon!” He walked away to his class, trying to figure out how to tell everyone how he had lost his entire home and all of his loved ones.

It was definitely not going to be easy. But Dew Drop decided to ask Celestia and Luna about it later. First, he had a meeting with the Chief of Canterlot Police after school, and they would be expecting Android.

Hopefully, Captain Armor will be really helpful, he thought.
----------------------------------------
Dew Drop was deep in thought as he slowly ate the burger he decided to have for lunch. He was hoping that Captain Armor would be chill with him. Considering the fact that the police in Metal City would shoot as soon as they saw him, it wasn’t unreasonable for him to be nervous about meeting him as Android.

“Hi, Dew Drop!” Pinkie’s voice said from behind him. The pink girl jumped up and landed in a sitting position next to him. She had a fruit salad and a slice of apple pie on her tray. “What’s on your mind, amigo?”

Dew Drop yelped as the very cheerful girl landed next to him with a very big grin on her face. He gave her a small smile. “Hey, Pinkie,” he said. “I’m just really deep in thought about something at the moment.”

“I love thinking,” Pinkie said as she began to eat. “One of my favorite things to do! Thinking about parties, about cake, about balloons, about anything I want! It’s fun! What are you thinking about, Dew Drop?”

“Uh…” he said, feeling unsure how to answer. “I’m thinking about how well this meeting that I’m gonna have with someone will turn out. I just want to make a good first impression.”

“Maybe you should bring a cupcake to the meeting,” Pinkie suggested. “A cupcake is something everyone likes, that’ll make a good first impression for sure!”

The halfling giggled. "Well, maybe that could help," he said. "I think I'll give that a try."

Pinkie reached into her hair and pulled out a vanilla swirl cupcake, holding it out for Dew Drop to take. "Here! This one's on the house."

He stared in shock as he took the cupcake. "How do you…?" He began.

“It just works,” Pinkie shrugged. “Would you like a different flavor?”

"N-no," he stuttered. "That just caught me off guard, that's all."

Pinkie grinned and went back to her lunch, humming a bouncy tune as she did so.

“Welp, I have to go meet with the party planning committee now,” Pinkie announced once she finished eating. “Something about going above the budget for party supplies. I’ll see you later, Dew Drop!” And with that, she sprang to her feet and skipped away.

Dew Drop giggled as the cheerful girl skipped away. "Man, she's a funny one," he said to himself. "I like her." Thanks to Pinkie, he now felt confident about meeting Captain Shining Armor! As Android, that is.

He put the cupcake into a container and put it into his bag. He hoped the police chief liked vanilla.
------------------------------------------------------
As classes ended for the day and the students left CHS, the Rainbooms passed Dew Drop on the way to the music room for band practice.

“Hey, Dew Drop,” Rainbow said as she tuned her guitar. “Got anything planned for today?”

“Well… I’m supposed to meet with someone soon,” he replied as he noticed they were going to the music room. “Are you guys about to practice some music?”

“Sure are,” Applejack replied with a tip of her hat. She was carrying a bass guitar. “Got us a gig at my cousin’s birthday party this weekend and we need to get in a bit of practice.”

Dew Drop saw each of their instruments: An electric guitar for both Rainbow and Sunset, a tambourine for Fluttershy, a drum set for Pinkie Pie, and electric bass for Applejack, and a keytar for Rarity. Twilight was the only one without an instrument. I guess she specializes in vocals, he thought. “Um… mind if I watch for a bit?” He asked. “I think I can spare a few minutes.”

“Sure,” Sunset gave her guitar a strum. “We’ll mostly be doing warmups for the first fifteen minutes, though. But you’re more than welcome to tag along.”

He smiled at them. “Awesome,” he said. He pulled up a chair and sat down. “I bet you girls are gonna be amazing!”

The girls quickly set up their instruments and turned on the electronics. Pinkie set the beat with her drumbeats, leading the guitarists to play some riffs and chords. Fluttershy and Rarity provided backing beats and Twilight did some vocal exercises to warm up her throat muscles for singing.

Once the Rainbooms were all ready, Rainbow Dash led them in a chorus of a song called “Awesome as I Wanna Be”. It had obviously been written by her, and it showed. It still sounded good, though.

As he listened to the song, he bobbed his head to rhythm. Soon, his foot was tapping to the beat. Dang, he thought. This is actually pretty catchy! I love it!

After a few minutes, the song ended with a guitar riff from Rainbow.

“What did you think, Dew Drop?” Rarity asked, adjusting her keytar strap to be more comfortable. “How did we do?”

“That… was… AWESOME,” said Dew Drop as he jumped to his. “The song was very catchy.” He went on an excited monologue about how amazing the music he had just heard was. It was a habit that he had: Get so excited about something that he couldn’t stop himself from talking nonstop about it!

The Rainbooms looked rather flattered by his speech.

“Aw, shucks, Dew Drop, I’m sure we ain’t that good yet,” Applejack waved her hand.

Rainbow Dash seemed to disagree. “We are pretty good,” she grinned. “I wrote that song myself. Fluttershy writes some pretty sweet ones too. One of them we used to save the school!”

“Good? Good is an understatement,” exclaimed Dew Drop. “You girls were amazing, fantastic, and straight up over the top awesome!” He was grinning as widely as Deku.

The door to the music room swung open, and Luna looked inside. “I thought I heard your voice, Dew Drop,” she said before addressing the Rainbooms. “You sounded magnificent, girls. But Dew Drop, don’t you have to meet someone soon? What are you still doing here?”

“Oh, I’m sorry,” he said apologetically. “I just thought I could spare a few minutes to listen to their music.” He turned to the girls. “Sorry, girls! I gotta go now. It was nice listening to you,” he added with a smile. “I hope to play a song on my ocarina for you girls!” With that, he waved at them and followed Celestia and Luna out of the music room.

“The police chief is waiting at the station for Android,” Celestia whispered once they were alone. “Apparently he doesn’t know what to do and could use some advice. At least that’s what Cadance told me.”

Dew Drop nodded. “Okay,” he whispered. “Looks like it’s time for Android to lend a hand.”

“Alright,” Luna said quietly. “We’re having spaghetti bolognese for dinner, but if you’re running late we’ll keep some warm for you.”

"Thanks, Aunt… I mean, Luna," he said. Shoot! I almost called her "Auntie Luna!" "Um… anyway, where is the police station?"

"It's here," Celestia showed him the address on her phone. "The large blue building in the banking district with the police emblem on the front doors."

“Okay,” he said while writing down the address. “Got it. I look forward to meeting Captain Armor.”

“See you later, then,” Celestia and Luna said. “I hope the meeting goes well.”

The principals left Dew Drop to his own devices and began to go back to their respective offices. The police headquarters were about a fifteen minute bus ride away, or even shorter by car. The question was, how would he get there?

He decided to go there the Android way. He ran into an alley and pressed a button on his wrist. Soon he took on his hero form. With powered up boots, he jumped onto the nearest roof and began to jump from rooftop to rooftop. Soon, he arrived at the police station.

“Okay, this is it,” he said. He marched up to the station and went inside. He was greeted by many policemen who stared at him. “Good afternoon, officers,” he said politely. “I am Android, the Cyborg of Courage! I’ve arrived to see Captain Shining Armor. Can any of you tell me where I can find him?”

“You’re who he was meeting with?” One of the police officers said. “Chief’s in the disposal facility right now. Down the stairs and second door on the left. I’ll call ahead and tell him you’re on the way.”

The policeman took out his radio and said into it, “Captain Armor? Your visitor’s coming down to see you.” He then put the radio back on his belt and tipped his helmet to Android. “Go on ahead.”
“Thank you, good sir,” said Android with a smile and salute. He headed down the stairs and saw the second door on the left. He then went inside. “Hello?” He called out. “Captain Armor?”

A tall, muscular man with white skin and blue hair came out from the side of the door. He wore a plain police uniform and he held his hat under one arm. There was a phone in his other hand.

“I’m Captain Armor,” he said seriously. “I take it that you’re the person who Cadance told me I’d be meeting,” he looked Android over. “You’re used to dealing with cyborgs, then?”

“Yes, sir,” Android answered. “I have plenty of experience in fighting the Cyber Force and other cyborgs. Though, I’ve always been alone in fighting them.”

“Well, good,” Captain Armor nodded. “Maybe you can tell me what to do with the one you captured on Saturday. I’ve been keeping its body down here, but it’s taking up a lot of space which we need to run our daily routines.”

“Oh, you mean Cyber Dragon,” said Android. “Wait, did you say its body? What do you mean by that?”

“I mean exactly what I said,” Captain Armor led Android to a bunch of tables that had been pushed together. On top of it was the body of Cyber Dragon. “It’s dead. I had my best engineers look over it yesterday. Its torso is all cut up and they told me the power source has been ripped out. The back of the police van that was transporting it was also sliced open. So this wasn’t your doing?”

Android stared at Cyber Dragon’s dead form with a horrified expression. “How?” He asked. “He was a cyborg! He may have been a villain, but he didn’t have to die.” He clutched his helmet and fell to his knees. “All I wanted to do was save him from further corruption. I don’t kill my opponents. Cripple them, yes. But not kill. A hero’s job is to save lives, not destroy them!”

Captain Armor looked at Android, then the body of Cyber Dragon. “I believe you. But Canterlot doesn’t really have hard and fast laws to protect cyborgs. As far as the law is concerned, you’re a vigilante and cyborgs aren’t covered by city jurisdiction. Meaning I can’t charge this as a murder,” he rubbed his chin. “I just really wanted to know what to do with this body now. My engineers told me to send it to the scrap heap, but I’m not so sure.”

“Honestly, I’m not sure either,” Android said. “This is the first time I’ve seen a dead cyborg. I’ve never had to deal with this kind of thing before. Well, since he’s still part human, I guess he needs to be buried. Though, we should keep his armor to see if we can figure out what killed him.”

“I’ll get some of my people on it,” Captain Armor said. “Unless you’d rather do it yourself. Doesn’t really matter to me, as long as the body’s dealt with in a timely fashion. We have actual criminals to catch and we need all the space and manpower we can get.”

“I’m not really sure I can deal with this,” said Android while hanging his head. “I’ve dealt with burying people enough times already. I had to do that for everyone who died when Metal City fell during the battle between the Cyber Force and the Anti-Cyborg Group. I know that I’ve done a lot of fighting, but… I’m still just a teenager.”

“Kids shouldn’t be putting their lives on the line at all,” Captain Armor said sternly. “But even I have to admit there are things even the police can’t deal with. As long as you go about your business safely, I’ll try to keep the police from arresting you.” He took out his phone and typed a few lines on it. “Once we manage to get the armor off, where should we send it? You got a base of operations or something?”

“Um…” Android rubbed the back of his head bashfully. “Honestly, I haven’t had the time to set up a base of sorts at all. I’ve been trying to find a good place for that, but no luck so far.”

Shining Armor thought. “You know, as chief of police, I can’t help you find a base. But I’m also definitely not allowed to tell you that there’s a defunct police building in the east end of town, at 12 Oak Lane, and I’m definitely not allowed to tell you that nobody’s used that place in years, but the city keeps it for tax reasons. And what’s more, I totally can’t tell you that the keys are in the pocket of my jacket hanging on the wall over there. Totally against the rules for me to tell you any of that,” he finished with a small grin.

Android processed everything he had just said and grinned. Wow, he thought. “Well, I guess that’s that,” he said “I guess I’ll be on my way.” He started to walk and ‘accidentally’ bumped the jacket, causing it to drop. “Oops,” he said as he picked it up, sneakily slipping the keys out and hiding them in his arm. “Good day, Captain!” With that, he walked out of the building. Clever man, that one!

The other policemen watched Android leave, some of them giving him a salute on the way out. The sun was just setting, which meant it was almost dinner time. He hoped there was still some spaghetti left by the time he got back home.