• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 809 Views, 68 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Multi-Pink-Cation Problems - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



A depressed Shining Armor has to deal with Ponyville suddenly being overrun with Pinkie Pies

  • ...
0
 68
 809

To Market, To Market

The Snack Stealer rolled along the road of Ponyville marketplace. Its Jolly Roger -- this one with a pony skull that had a pair of peppermint candy canes crossed underneath -- flapped in the air, waving proudly and declaring that the crew were up to no good.

One of the Pinklettes on board had pulled its mane down and tied it in place, making it look like she had a think, curly beard. One eye was covered with a patch, and a hat rested on her head.

"Arrr," she growled out. "I be Pink Beard. Me and me crew have come to collect your booty."

Jumping down from the cart turned ship, Pink Beard landed beside a light blue-gray pegasus mare with very light green tinged hair. Grabbing the pegasus around the middle so she was facing backwards, Pink Beard hopped back up onto Snack Stealer.

"Flitter!" some pony cried out.

"Aye!" Captain Pink Bear called out. "This be a fine booty indeed!" She then gave the rump a swat, getting an audible smack and little bit of jiggle.

A yelp of surprise escaped Flitter, a blush forming on her cheeks. Her wings tried to shift at her side while they were pinned in place. She had to bite her lip to keep from asking for another, or for it to be harder. She was being spanked in public. It was so naughty and exciting.

At the edge of the market, Chrysalis stopped, tensing as if she had just been smacked. Her eyes went wide as a blush formed across her cheeks.

"You alright there?" Applejack asked, tilting her eyebrow

"Yes," Chrysalis answered, shaking herself. "Just a little caught off guard is all. It seems somepony is enjoying themselves very much."

A small blush formed on Applejack's face as she looked away.

"I didn't need to know that." She continued walking. "So... you can sense what ponies are feelin'?"

After looking around to make certain no ponies were close enough to over hear, Chrysalis answered.

"Changelings are emotiphages," she answered. "We are capable of eating food like most creatures, but get most of our sustenance and energy from the emotions of others. Our magic included. As such, we are able to feel the emotions of other creatures around us. Especially when it's a very strong emotion and we are able to focus on a single one."

Chrysalis narrowed her eyes as a smirk formed on her face.

"For example, you are right beside me and have most of my attention. As such if I were to ask you about how you felt about, say, Shining Armor, even if you cho...oh... oh my."

The blush grew brighter on Applejack's face as she looked away, pulling her hat down over her face.

"Well," Chrysalis continued "this... this is unexpected. I mean, I was expecting... but not..." She shifted, looking away.

"Promise you won't say anything?" Applejack asked.

"I'm not even certain what I would say. As I said, it's an empathic ability, not telepathic. I can feel the emotions, not understand the thoughts connected to them. However, when this is done, I would like to discuss it with you."

"Fine," Applejack huffed. "Come by Sweet Apple Acres tonight, and I'll talk to ya about it over a couple 'a' drinks."

"Deal."

As they continued through the market, the two of them stopped as they caught sight of a bunch of Pinklettes dressed up as pirates. A small number of them were currently busy raiding the cherry stand, one of them holding a cornstalk like a sword and pointing it at the vendor's neck.

"What the hay?" Applejack asked, looking at the sight before them.

"Looks like they're playing pirates," Chrysalis stated.

"And been raidin' the booths," Applejack added.

"Well, I came up with the last plan, and somepony --" Chrysalis turned her attention to Applejack "-- wasn't very fond of it, so it's your turn to figure out how to deal with them."

Applejack flicked her green eyes at Chrysalis before rolling them with a sigh. She then let her gaze drift around the marketplace, taking in what was around that they might be able to use. A bunch of the booths were empty for some reason or other. They were maybe useful. Canvas tents, wooden poles, some with empty baskets, and even some rope. At one spot, there was even a large net. Why that was there, Applejack could not be sure, but there it was.

An idea started to form in her head.

"How quickly can you fire that there spell?" she asked.

"I need a second or so to recharge," Chrysalis answered, "and multiple shots isn't even an option." She shifted, one ear giving a flicker. "I could work faster or fire multiple shots if I was able to get consume a large amount of positive emotional energy that I could convert directly to magic, but we have neither the time, nor a source for that."

"Welp, guess we'll just have to make due," Applejack said as she adjusted her hat. "Come on. Think I got a plan, and I'm gonna need your help to get everything ready."

The two of them grabbed the ropes and net, tying it across the main road of the marketplace. The pair then stretched the canvas across the street, and left a tent pole on each side a little further along. With that done, Chrysalis waited by the net, magic ready, while Applejack moved back to where the Pinklettes were.

"Hey, pirates!" Applejack shouted. "I sayin' mean and completely untrue things about y'all!"

There was a gasp from the Pinklettes, eyes wide.

"Hey!" one of them shouted back. "No pony says mean and completely untrue things about me and gets away with it!"

"Get her!" Captain Pink Beard ordered.

With a roar from the crew, the Snack Stealer started forward after Applejack. The pirate Pinklettes shouted, brandishing their "weapons" as they rolled along the street.

It probably would have been more impressive if not for one of the wheels squeaking.

Applejack smirked to herself as she continued to run. The squeaking wheel may have been a bit annoying and certainly ruined how impressive the "ship" was, but it made it a whole hay of a lot easier for Applejack to keep track of where the thing was. Every thing that would give her an advantage was mighty appreciated.

Reaching the stretched canvas, Applejack jumped over it and to the left. As soon as she landed, she kicked out with a leg, hitting one of the ropes on the side. As hoped, the poles snapped up, launching the canvas length into the air, which in turn hit the front of the ship. It did no damage, but did cover the front and blind the "pirates" on board.

With that part done, it was time for the next step. Applejack ran and jumped, landing beside one of the thicker poles she could find. Hoping she got her aim right, she gave the pole a good, swift kick, sending it flying through the air...

...And right into one of the cart's wheels. The spokes hit the pole, bringing it up and smashing it into the underside to wedge it in place. With it already moving, naturally the wheel wanted to keep spinning.

With a deafening CRACK! the spokes shattered, sending the wheel flying and the cart crashing into the dirt. The Pinklettes were launched into the air, sent flying by the sudden stop.

From her spot, Chrysalis began to fire the spell at the flying Pinklettes. She was able to hit three of them before they hit the net, quickly getting tangled up and stuck. Turning her attention to them, she began to disperse the magic clones.

As she did, Applejack made her way over, watching the Pinklettes pop like over-filled balloons.

"Can I ask you somethin'?" she said after Chrysalis had finished.

"What is it?"

"I know we're doin' this to help Pinkie, but... does it hurt when they... ker-plooie?"

Several seconds passed in silence as Chrysalis continued on.

"No," the disguised changeling answered. "It doesn't hurt them." She turned to look at the farm mare. "In fact, as far as I can tell, they don't actually feel anything at all. No joy, no fear, no sadness. They are magic constructs with no real emotion."

Applejack gave a nod, a tension she did not even know she had relaxing in her stomach.