• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 808 Views, 68 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Multi-Pink-Cation Problems - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



A depressed Shining Armor has to deal with Ponyville suddenly being overrun with Pinkie Pies

  • ...
0
 68
 808

Cake-less Pie

Pinkamena Diane Pie -- Pinkie Pie to... pretty much everyone, actually -- stood behind the counter of Sugarcube Corner. She put on her best friendly and comforting smile. One that said "I understand you're worried, but you don't need to be. Everything will work out fine." Most ponies did not know it, but there were over one-hundred different types of smiles. Pinkie had been working to study and practice each one so she could better understand how ponies were feeling as well as express her own.

Admittedly, she still had a long way to go. And that did not even include other emotions.

"Okay," Mrs. Cake said as she stood on the other side of the counter. "We should be home Tuesday night, but may end up staying an extra day depending on how things go. All of the base supplies have been freshly stocked, Bon Bon should be by this evening to drop off some candies --" she pointed a hoof at Pinkie as her eyes narrowed "-- which are for decorating and not snacking..."

She held the pose and gaze, emphasizing the point.

Pinkie's ears drooped as her smile shifted to something more sheepish, a small chuckle escaping her. Admittedly, it was a fair admonishment as there had been a time or two... three... seven?... There had been a number of times where Pinkie may have gone overboard with sampling the candies instead of using them for decorations.

They were just so tasty.

"... and we should be getting fresh ingredients in the morning. You already know what to do for that. Do you have the lists of orders to be finished while we're gone?"

"Of course," Pinkie said, holding up a scroll.

"Mo-o-o-om," Pound whined out. "Why do you have to do this every time you and Dad leave over night?" He scratched at his neck. "You've left Pinkie in charge like... a thousand times before."

"More like twelve," Pumpkin stated.

"The exact number doesn't matter," Pound replied. "The point she's done it before. And so have we."

Turning to the twins, Mrs. Cake bent down and gave them each a kiss on the forehead.

"I know, my little meringues," she said. "It's just for my own peace of mind. As a parent, I worry about my kids, and as the owner, I worry about my business." She placed a hoof under Pound's chin. "I just want both the two of you, and Sugarcube Corner, to do well." She straightened up. "I'm sure you'll understand someday when you're older."

"Yeah," Pound sighed, his wings ruffling against his sides. "I guess."

"That being said," Mrs. Cake continued, her eyes narrowing as her face grew serious, "I expect you both to behave while we are gone. Is that understood?"

"Yes, Mom," the twins replied at the same time.

"And Pinkie, please be extra careful with the store." Her gaze turned toward one of the store walls. "We just finished having it rebuilt."

"Don't worry, Mrs. Cake," Pinkie stated with a salute. "I promise there will be a Sugarcube Corner when you get back, even if I have to rebuild the entire place by myself with my bare hooves."

"Well... I appreciate the thought," Mrs. Cake said with a chuckle. "But... let's try to keep that from happening in the first place, alright?"

"Okie-dokie-lokie!"

Pinkie Pie waved goodbye from her spot behind the counter, ready for any customers that may show up. She was feeling extra excited and determined about doing a good job. Because to her, this was an important moment. This was the first time she had been left in charge since Discord's defeat. She was going to prove that she was able to handle it, and show how much she appreciated the Cakes for all they had done for her.

Admittedly, there was a lot for her to do. Not only did she have to take the lead in the baking and take the lead during the busy times, but there were at least three deliveries (providing no more were made), one party, and she had offered to check on Shining Armor. She should be able to handle it, though. Especially with the Cake Twins helping. It would be a lot of work, but she was sure that she could do it.

An itching sensation suddenly formed between Pinkie's shoulder blades. She could tell that it was her Pinkie Sense, but did not know what it meant. She did not remember feeling anything like that before.

It was... just a coincidence, right? She had not said anything about "what's the worst that could happen?" or "nothing could possibly go wrong." She had not tempted fate, so things were not going to go bad for her, right.

Right?

Biting her lip, she looked at the door. A large part of Pinkie wanted to chase after The Cakes and stop them. What could she possibly tell them, though? That her Pinkie Sense was telling her something was going to happen, but she did not know what, or how bad it was if at all? Mr. and Mrs. Cake did know about Pinkie's abilities and did trust it, but that would not really be fair. Plus, what if it actually was not a bad thing? What if it was actually something good?

No. Pinkie was pretty sure that it was not a good thing. It may not necessarily be bad, though. Not like her Pinkie Sense was able to tell her about Luna returning as Nightmare Moon, or Discord's escape.

Still, it did not really seem fair to ruin The Cakes' plans just because she did not actually know what it meant.

She would just have to hope that whatever was about to happen would be something she could deal with.

As a customer stepped in, Pinkie pushed the panic aside and put on her friendliest smile.

"Welcome to Sugarcube Corner!"