• Published 8th Jul 2017
  • 808 Views, 68 Comments

Friendship is Shining: Multi-Pink-Cation Problems - Hopeful_Ink_Hoof



A depressed Shining Armor has to deal with Ponyville suddenly being overrun with Pinkie Pies

  • ...
0
 68
 808

Sugarcube Clean-up

Okay, Spike, he told himself. Now is your chance. Just ask her out. Closing his eyes, he took a deep breath and straightened up to be as tall as he possibly could. Opening his eyes, he cleared his throat and turned toward the beautiful, white-coated unicorn beside him.

"So, Rarity," he said, trying to sound as casual as possible. "I got two tickets to The Phantom of The Opera next weekend, a--"

"Oh, that's such a wonderful play," Rarity said. "And so romantic. The sad and sympathetic Phantom, who is madly in love with the mare, and wants to see her succeed as a great opera singer. The foalhood friend, now a handsome and wealthy stallion. Then there's the music. And those costumes!" She let out a sigh. "I wish I could make outfits for a show like that." She turned her attention back to Spike. "And don't you worry, Spike. I'm sure Sweetie Belle would just love to go with you."

Spike's mind spun as he tried to catch up with what just happened.

"I must say," Rarity continued as she kept walking, "I think it's sweet of you to check with me first. I'm sure you'll be a perfect little gentleman for her." She grinned. "And it's perfect. Sweetie just loves musicals. I bet she'll be singing songs from it all week before and after seeing it. It's so cute that she'll be going on her first date, and with somepony I know I can trust her with."

"Greeeeaaaat," Spike sighed out, putting on a big fake smile. What happened? How did it happen? He was not trying to ask about Sweetie Belle. He was trying to ask out Rarity. How did he end up having a date with Sweetie Belle instead? He could not back out of it either. If he did, Rarity would be upset with him, even if it was for her instead. He would just have to go on a date with Sweetie, do his best, and try with Rarity again some other time.

Looking away from the distracted dragon, Rarity let out a sigh of relief.

The rest of the trip was quiet and easy as they reached Sugarcube Corner. From the outside, the place seemed calm and silent.

"Well, if they are here, at least they aren't trying to eat the place," Spike said.

"I fact I am certain the Cakes shall appreciate," Rarity replied as she walked toward the shop. Pushing the door open, she started to step inside.

Then, with an ear-piercing shriek, she backed out again, a cupcake smashed across her face.

"The sprinkles are in my eyes!" she cried out. "It's like a rainbow of agony!" She then started to simply cry.

Moving past Rarity, Spike pushed the door open and peaked inside. The smashed remains of various baked goods could be seen all over the dining area. Pies, cakes, donuts, frosted, not frosted, nuts, sprinkles, all of them covering practically every surface to some degree or other. On one side of the room was the display case, with Pinklettes crouched behind it, and a confused looking gray filly. On the other side, the tables had been tipped over where more of the Pinklettes were, and a filly that he thought was one of them until he noticed the purple in the hair and the look of sheer terror on her face. One both sides, the clones were wearing pie tins like helmets, bouncing up into sight and throwing a pastry at the other side before ducking down again. There was even one playing a harmonica, and another that seemed to be writing a letter while looking at a picture of some mare.

"It looks like they're playing some sort of war game," Spike said as he pulled back. "Also looks like a couple of fillies got caught up in it somehow."

Horn lighting up, Rarity pulled out a handkerchief and began wiping her face clean. When she finished, her eyes had turned red with irritation from the sugar that had gotten into them.

"Alright," she said. "So, we need to get in, remove the Pinkie clones, and free the poor fillies, preferably without getting caught in any more of their silly crossfire." Her gaze shifted to the building, studying across the structure. "Which would mean it would be better if we did not try the door directly." She tapped her chin with one well maintained hoof. "Perhaps we can find a way in that would put us 'behind enemy lines,' as it were. Allowing us to eliminate one side before the other notices anything amiss."

"There's a back door, right?" Spike asked. "One that goes straight into the kitchen? Maybe we can go in that way and get the Pinklettes behind the counter."

"Yes..." Rarity hummed out. "That could work." Moving away from the door, she began circling the building.

The back door was easy enough to find. It was a dark pink, which contrasted heavily with the gingerbread color of the building, and their was a heart-shaped opening in it.

Taking a hold of Spike with her magic, Rarity lifted him up to look through the opening.

"See anything?"

Spike gripped at the inner edges of the heart-shaped opening and braced his feet on the door, no longer feeling like he was just floating there. Pulling himself closer, he looked into the kitchen.

"There's like... four more Pinklettes in there," he answered. "Looks like they're baking." He turned to look at her. "I think it's safe to look if you want." He then let go, dropping to the ground and landing on his feet.

Slowly, tentatively, Rarity lifted up to peek through the window, ready to duck if she caught even the faintest hint of anything flying toward her. Luckily, nothing came and she was able to peak inside without trouble.

Inside were four Pinkie clones like Spike had said. One was staring at the oven, one was standing in front of the fridge, one was actually cooking, and the last was covered in flour and curled up on the floor petting its tail.

The sound of a bell went off. As soon as it did, the Pinkie by the oven opened it, pulled a pan out, set it on the counter, then moved to the flour spot and curled up to pet its tail. The one that had been curled up on the floor got up, shook off the flour, and moved over to the refrigerator. The one that had been in the fridge pulled out milk and eggs and headed over to the counter. Finally, the one that had been at the counter carried a tray to the oven, put it in, set the timer, then crouched down and started waiting.

"Well that was somewhat unexpected," Rarity said to herself more than anything.

"Do you think you can get them from here?" Spike asked.

Rarity glanced at him, then at the room again. A pang of guilt shot through her heart as she looked at the Pinkie looking clones. She knew that they were not actual ponies. True, she was not as well studied in magic as Shining Armor, but she was an intelligent mare and understood the basics. They were no more alive than if Rarity had animated her dressing dummies. Except, these looked like ponies. A pony she knew and was friends with, in fact.

A friend that Rarity had to remind herself currently lying in bed unconscious. A friend that could potentially die if the magical duplicates were not eliminated.

Closing her eyes, she took a deep breath, and slowly let it out. Focusing her attention on her horn, she drew on her magic and began to form the spell to disperse the Pinkie clones. Squeezing her eyes shut tighter, she pictured the room in her head, with her sewing dummies in positions of the targets.

She let off four shots as quickly as she could manage. It was shortly followed by the sound of four balloons popping, letting her know that she had hit all of them.

"Rarity?" Spike asked, placing a claw on her side. "Are you okay?"

Pulling out another clean handkerchief, Rarity quickly wiped the tears and smeared mascara from her face. Turning to Spike, she put on a small, gentle smile.

"I'm fine, darling," she answered. "As sweet as it is, there's nothing for you to worry about."

"If you say so," Spike said, looking rather skeptical.

Putting the now soiled fabric away, Rarity pushed the door open and stepped inside.