• Published 28th Mar 2017
  • 2,391 Views, 329 Comments

Equestria Rangers - Shadowmane PX-41



Following a meteor shower in the city of Canterlot, Sunset Shimmer and her friends are about to transform into a new generation of heroes...

  • ...
9
 329
 2,391

Super Size Me!

"How are we gonna fight THAT thing?!" Rainbow moaned, looking skyward towards Preda'Tor's face. "It's the size of a skyscraper!"

"Well, duh. We just gotta get our Zords." Pinkie reached into the pocket of her outfit and pulled out her phone. She went into the "Recent Calls" part of her phone and tapped on Elaris's number. "Elaris. We kinda need your help on this one. The thing's gone super-huge and we don't know how to fight back."

"So, you've noticed the Wolfpack's Feral Fury." Elaris's face appeared back on the screen. "It's their most powerful form, but also, their most tricky to master. They can only use it if they enter a near-death state. If they can use it, though, it transforms them into a mountain-sized version of themselves, while restoring most of the damage done to them in that fight." She sighed. "It's as if they've been completely reborn."

"Reborn?!" Rarity lurched backwards.

"Yes. The good news is that, once a Wolfpack uses its' Feral Fury, it can't do it again. So all you need to do is take it down, and it will stay down for good." Elaris nodded, a smile reappearing on her face. "You should have access to your mechs by now. Raise your devices skyward and call them down from the deepest reaches of space."

"From space?" Sunset asked.

"Like this!" Pinkie lifted her phone up, causing a bright beam of pink light to sprout up from it. "Zord! Come on down!"

The others followed suit, raising their phones into the air. More beams of their respective colours fired into the air, signalling for their Zords to come to their aide.

Suddenly, high in the sky, a series of bright stars shimmered in the distance and glowed brighter as they came hurtling towards the planet. Streaks filled the air as the stars blasted through the cosmos, leaving behind entrails of multiple colours in an aurora borealis pattern.


"Captain! Unidentified energy signature off the starboard bow!" A wolf in Mar'Zek's flagship bridge called out, as a bright light flashed on his monitor.

Mar'Zek jumped off of his throne and ran towards the front of the bridge, looking out of the glass windscreen towards the left. He watched as six giant vessels; each with a different shape, careened towards the planet. Their velocity, coupled with the powerful slipstreams they left behind, sent tremors through the captain's ship, shaking him onto his knees.

"The legends are true..." He stared in awe at the new ships. "They have awakened. The Perfect Ones have their Zords!"


Back on earth, the Zords finally broke through the atmosphere and landed before the Rainbooms. All mechanized, with colour-coded plates and armour to signal which one belonged to who. Two birds were first. One had red plates and was constantly on fire, while the other was blue and had a nimiety of thrusters on the wings and on the back. The next one to land was a large, orange-coloured bull robot; complete with golden horns and a nose ring. Following that was a titanic, yellow-plated mechanical bear, with claws that stretched out of the paws at the front. Next, a streamlined, pure white leopard-like mech landed. Purring gently, its' tail stretched out and bathed in the powerful sunlight. And last of all, a large, pink kangaroo-shaped robot landed, with its' pouch opening and closing as it hopped around.

"Whoa..." Rainbow's mouth hung open at the sight of the colossal machines that stood before them. "These are OURS?!"

"Yes. Yes they are." Sunset nodded, taking a closer look at the coloured plating. "Now, how do we get inside these things?"

"Just jump, silly." Pinkie ran towards her kangaroo and leapt high into the air. Much higher than she could remember, at least. "Like this!" With a somersault, she came up to the head of her Zord, and fell into a hatch on the head that opened once she was in the proximity. She landed on a leather-bound seat, which revolved to face the windscreen at the front of the cockpit. Buttons were littered all around her, glowing and flashing, waiting to be pushed. "Ooh! Super-cool!" She beamed and took a huge sniff of the air around her. "It's got that new Zord smell too! Nice and fresh..."

"How did she make that jump?" Sunset asked as Rainbow Dash made the jump next. She watched as her friend soared towards the underbelly of her beast and caught a bar that protruded out of her Zord's open hatch. As it pulled her inside, Rarity darted towards hers, performing an acrobatic leap as she climbed the legs of her lynx and went in through the back of the neck. "Well, guess there's no reason in questioning it."

Fluttershy went into her Zord by jumping onto the paw of the bear. It kindly patted her head and let her enter through its' chest. Next was Applejack, who kicked herself off of the ground, grabbed both horns of the bull, twisted the ends of the horns, and jumped down the trapdoor into her cockpit.

Once all of her friends were inside their own respective Zords, Sunset Shimmer was last. Her phoenix swooped down on her as she ran for it. And with a single jump up through the mouth of the bird, she found herself in another chair, which raised itself into her own cockpit. It, along with the ones of the other Rainbooms' Zords were all the same, but with a different colour scheme inside.

"Hah! Now who's in trouble, ya big doofus?" Rainbow chuckled as she readied her Zord and clutched the two joysticks by her side. "Now there's six of us, ridin' these super-cool mech suits, and you're just a regular old wolf again!"

"So... It looks like you came prepared for a fight." Preda'Tor laughed himself as he stomped forward. "Good. It's no fun when my prey is at a disadvantage! This will be FUN!"

"You girls ready?" Pinkie asked, as a spectral headset appeared on the inside of their helmets, snugly secured around their ears and mouth.

"Yeah. As ready as we'll ever be." Sunset nodded as a similar headset appeared for her too.

"Got it!" The other girls called out as they got their own headsets as well.

The Zords all charged into battle, as Preda'Tor ran towards them too. Rainbow Dash and Sunset swooped forward and overhead Preda'Tor, their immense speeds throwing off his balance and causing him to stumble backwards and firmly stomp the ground to regain it.

Preda'Tor made the first strike, slashing downwards against Applejack's bull Zord. Though the hit was fast, it barely grazed the beast-mech and stopped as soon as it collided with the body. He was about to make another strike when Pinkie's kangaroo Zord jumped over the horns of the beast and kicked him back violently before landing nimbly on its' own two feet.

"Thanks for the save, Pinkie!" Applejack gave a thumb's up.

"No problem, AJ!" Pinkie nodded and pressed some buttons on her cockpit. "Now, let's see what these things can do!"

Pinkie's kangaroo Zord opened up its' pouch and started to rummage around in it as Preda'Tor got back onto his feet and charged towards her. When he was within striking distance, Pinkie managed to pull out a ball the size of the robot's hands. Just as Preda'Tor was about to slash downward, Rainbow drove her falcon Zord straight into the side of the overgrown wolf and smash him away.

"Meddlesome pests..." Preda'Tor skidded on the balls of his feet and slid his hand across the back of his sword. It began to glow with bright purple energy and crackle with lightning. "Try some of this!" Swinging it horizontally and vertically, he sent shockwaves towards the Zords in an attempt to take them out from a distance.

Pinkie, Applejack, and Fluttershy took the hits hard, and as their Zords were knocked backwards, they felt sparks begin to fly in the consoles behind them.

"Girls!" Sunset took the joysticks of her Zord and shoved them forwards, commanding her phoenix to swoop down to the beast. As it sent another wave of strikes, she stood in the way of them and flapped the wings of her mighty bird, sending her own fire energy towards the ones sent by Preda'Tor. Both exploded as they collided, and as the ashes settled, both sides went forward. "Leave them alone!"

"They shouldn't have got their hands on those crystals, then!" Preda'Tor pounced forward and grabbed Sunset's phoenix by the wings. "They are the property of my captain, and I will not allow such life-forms like yourselves to lay claim to them!"

"Then maybe you should be focusing a little bit more," said Rarity as her Zord charged forward and leapt into him. He immediately let go of Sunset's phoenix and tumbled to the ground as the white lynx scratched his face swiftly with its' mechanized claws.

"Not good enough!" Preda'Tor curled his legs and kicked Rarity's Zord into the air, following up with a leaping sword slash that gashed the machine's stomach. "You are weak! Human! That is why you are not worthy of those crystals!"

"Is this weak?!" Applejack charged in with her bull Zord and trampled Preda'Tor as he landed. All four of its' hooves dug into his back as it ran over his body. "You need to learn your place, mister wolf!" Applejack pushed some buttons in her own cockpit, causing the horns of her bull to rotate and face forward, while the tips opened up and began to glow brightly. "Bull Zord Cannons! Fire!"

Preda'Tor took one of the orange bolts of light that fired from Applejack's bull Zord cannons before using his sword to deflect the rest. Cutting through them with ease, he ran back towards Applejack and was about to drive his sword straight through the mech's face, when the ball Pinkie pulled out of her Zord's pouch smashed against his head and threw him to the ground.

"Catch, ya big doofus!" Pinkie's mech bounced along as the ball came back to her side. She gave it another kick once it rebounded and hit Preda'Tor on the belly as he landed.

Fluttershy just watched the battle unfolding before her, watching as Preda'Tor kept on getting back up, even with all of the hits that he was taking. She just quivered as she watched the wolf hack and slash away, eventually catching wind of the girls' fighting styles and adapting to them.

"Oh, I can't watch..." She covered her eyes as he caught Applejack's bull as it charged and flipped it onto its' back.

"C'mon, Fluttershy! Get in on this!" Rainbow spoke to her through the headset on her head. "We can't beat this thing without your help, y'know."

"I know, Rainbow Dash, but he's just too strong for us." Fluttershy clutched at the controls of her Zord and felt her arms shake as she began to gently push them forward. "Even if we could hold him off, I don't think these machines'll last long like this."

"Well, we've gotta try, at least." Rarity's lynx came up to Fluttershy's bear and stood next to her. "I know it can be frightening, dealing with a powerful race of alien wolves. But you have to remember that this isn't the first time you've battled evil with us."

"So what are you waiting for? Help us out, Fluttershy!" Pinkie's kangaroo leapt forward and kicked the wolf in the head, only for its' feet to be caught as it tried for a follow-up attack. He jumped himself and threw her into the ground, landing violently on the belly of the Zord.

"Okay..." Fluttershy looked towards the buttons around her. "Maybe... this?" She pushed one, looking away from the button as she did so.

The bear Zord Fluttershy was controlling let out a loud roar, as the claws on its' side began to grow sharper. It slashed in an 'X' pattern, sending yellow shockwaves towards Preda'Tor's back. Once they connected, the bear immediately charged in as the wolf fell to his knees and struck him again as he got back up.

"That's it." Preda'Tor's eyes began to glint a dark shade of black. "It's time to wrap this mess up and go home with our prize!" He roared and threw his hands out, sending a pulse of lightning across the ground that knocked the Zords back and sent explosions up their bodies.

"Hunter Frenzy!" Preda'Tor screeched and dashed forward at blinding speeds. He disappeared right as he was about to crash into Applejack's Zord and reappeared behind it, shoulder ramming it into a skyscraper. Next, he leapt skyward and grabbed both Sunset and Rainbow's birds by the wings and clapped them together repeatedly, before skydiving back down into Pinkie's kangaroo. All three Zords took the blow heavily and fell to the ground. Then, he turned towards Fluttershy's bear and jump-kicked it backwards into Rarity's Lynx, before vaulting over them and and performing a falling elbow strike on both of the disoriented robots. Needless to say, all of the girls had been bounced around like peas in a frying pan and caught electrical sparks as they were thrown out of their seats and fell to the floor of their cockpits once the attack was over.

"On my honour as a Wolfpack warrior, I will NOT allow any other race to get the better of me." Preda'Tor breathed heavily as he punched his claw. "You are finished, humans. Now, accept defeat and hand over the crystals. Then, we will leave this planet alone."

"This isn't working!" Sunset cried out as she stumbled to get back into the chair of her Zord. "He's too strong for us to take out like this."

"How are we gonna beat him?" Fluttershy asked, wobbling as she got back onto her feet.

"We need... to combine." Pinkie got back up, coughing slightly as she clutched the side of her cockpit chair. "We need to make our Megazord and REALLY take the fight to this guy!" She almost fell back to the ground as she got back into her seat.

"It's not like we can keep fighting like this anyway." Rainbow spluttered as she got back into the seat of her own Zord. "Let's go with Pinkie's idea."

"Right." Sunset nodded as she finally re-positioned herself. "Ready, girls? This is gonna take a team effort to pull off."

"Trust us, Sunset. When do we ever work alone?" Rarity asked, grinning as she climbed back into her chair.

"Equestrian Rainbow! Shine Down!" The Rainbooms all called out as they thrust their hands to the ceiling and hit a large button above their heads.

All six of the felled Zords began to glow, just like the girls did when they transformed. All rising from their states, they launched themselves upwards and began to converge on Sunset's phoenix. The animals contorted and twisted themselves, parts retracting and reshaping as they began to form pieces of one huge, combined mech.

Rarity's lynx and Applejack's Zords became a pair of arms, Rainbow and Pinkie's transformed into legs, Fluttershy's bear lost its' head and took up the chest, and Sunset's phoenix landed nimbly on top, with the wings clipping into the back of the bear and extending. The mouth of the flaming bird then opened up, revealing a giant metal face belonging to that of a human as hands and feet finally popped out of the arms and legs, as well as glowing orbs that linked the limbs together, as well as one on the chest and one popping out of top of the head.

All six of the Rainbooms now found themselves in a much larger room than before, with blue skies and clouds all around them. They stood on glowing discs in the room that corresponded to their own colours, as a rainbow began to appear behind them. Once they were all standing in place, a new set of consoles appeared out from the bottom of their discs, with buttons, levers, and more to fiddle with.

"Equestrian Star Megazord! Ready for battle!" The girls called as their new, combined mech lifted its' hands and made fists out of them.

"Very well, then." Preda'Tor snarled and ran towards the combined robot. "You'll die with a bang, not a whimper!"

The battle raged on again, with both Preda'Tor and the Equestrian Star Megazord trading blows with each other. Punches, kicks, and more were given to each other as both sides clashed; neither one giving the other an inch. Even as Preda'Tor pulled out his sword again, the Megazord was meeting the blows by blocking, dodging, and even grabbing the blade at times.

"Come on! Come on!" He howled, leapt into the Megazord, and slashed at the head. "Are you really strong enough to stop us?!"

"Oh, we're strong, alright." Sunset pressed a button on her station. "Phoenix Guard!! Burn bright!"

The wings of the Megazord began to curl up and form a veil around the front of the mech, engulfing Preda'Tor in them and forcing him to tumble backwards as his fur began to burn. Then, they unfurled and blew the flaming wolf backwards, knocking him into the mall he had originally come from.

"What... is this?!" Preda'Tor asked as he tried to put the flames out, only for them to spread to more of his furry body.

"Looks like he's starting to get weak. Ready for the finale, girls?" Sunset smirked.

"Yeah!" The others nodded.

"Equestrian Star Megazord! Final attack!" The girls tapped at the sigils of their neckpieces and sprouted wings, pony ears, and tails as their bodies glowed. Then, they pushed down on the biggest buttons on their devices, turning the cloudy skies around them into a pure room of rainbow light.

On the outside, the Megazord's orbs began to glow, with symbols appearing in each of them. Lightning, diamonds, apples, butterflies, balloons, and a bright sun appeared and made the connectors burst with colour and glow, creating a large, circular insignia on the back of the Megazord with a pentagon of light in the middle, coalescing with the positions of the orbs.

"This is not... the end!" Preda'Tor groaned as he watched the Megazord accrue more and more light.

The girls yelled and thrust their fists forward, causing the Megazord to charge in and grab onto the still burning Preda'Tor. Then, the orbs finally let loose the light, showering the wolf in a massive laser of energy which knocked him out of the city entirely.

"THIS... IS NOT... THE END!" Preda'Tor screamed as he landed on the outskirts of the city, erupting into a massive explosion as soon as he hit the ground. Nothing more of him remained as the chaos began to settle down.

"We won!" Pinkie giddily bounced and ran on the spot as the lights began to fade and the Megazord went back to its' original state. "We did it!"

"Yes. Yes we did." Sunset nodded and smiled as she watched the embers began to fizzle out and extinguish as they danced in the air around the late Preda'Tor. "But how many more of those wolves are we gonna see now?"


Meanwhile, Vi'Al had been watching the whole fight unfurl from the roof of the mall he had invaded from.

"So... The prophecy has been fulfilled at last." Vi'Al grinned and brought his claw to his chin. "The Perfect Ones have been chosen, and they finally have their little 'toys'. While this brings a certain threat to my captain and his crew, I can't help but think about all of the exciting research to follow!

"All of the fights that are yet to come will really fill in the gaps in my schedule. I will make sure that the Wolfpack will make dozens of new advances now." He tapped on a button on his chest. "Many thanks, Power Rangers." Then, purple energy coiled around him as it looked like he was pulled through a dimensional rift, disappearing from sight.