• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 3,982 Views, 36 Comments

For the hive, my mom and myself - Lighting Ace



We all know what happen to ponyville during the changeling attack, but do you ever wonder what happen to Canterlot during all that chaos? I don't, you know why? I lived it

  • ...
21
 36
 3,982

A generous opportunity

"I can't believed we won!" Sweetie Bell was bouncing from happiness as I take her to Rarity. After 'Pinkie Pie' and I return to the others, we didn't waste time and continue with our little competition of taking photos, naturally since Dash was kind of in my side and my training in tracking we were able to catch a large numbers of animals in no time until the sun set. Poor Sweetie, she is going to have to do some extra work and doesn't know it yet but after what I did I needed to make it up to her at least. Right now it was the only thing that was reducing the pain that I was feeling in my gut.

"I know right? And now tomorrow morning you will be able to eat as much cake as you wish in Sugar Cube corner"

"You mean WE are going to eat as much as we wish" she say holding my hand witch catch me off guard "What?"

"Of course I will share it with you Kabuto, well you and Scoots, I will not feel good if I keep it all too myself. Scoot and I already made the path of sharing the cake no matter who wins and you help me win so of course you deserve a part of the reward too"

"Oh I couldn't Sweetie Bell really, that price is yours"

"Please Kabuto, I insist, I really want to thank you for all you did for me today"

I try to argue but I'm unable to fight those puppy eyes of her so I can only sigh and nod as we reach the entrance of her house "Ok, if you really insist"

"Thanks Kabuto you are the best, no wonder my sister has a crush on you" She say as she opens the door and head to the second floor "Wait what?!"

"Rarity I'm home!" Sweetie Bell yells making Rarity; who had a mess in her mane, her cloths were all wrinkle and unkept and some of her mascara was dripping from the sweat came out of her office and look at the stairs in the second floor in anger "Sweetie Bell how many times do I have to tell you not to yell when you came back from school?"

I just stand there in the entrance trying to process what Sweetie Bell just told me.

"Sorry sis, oh by the way I invite Kabuto over"

"You what?" In that moment Rarity turn and stare right at me with a small blush. To make matters worse I could smell the essence in the air, and sure it enough it was love, and it was coming directly from her

Oh god its true! she has feelings!

It takes a moment but Rarity notices the condition she is in and scream in panic before going back to her studio "Ah m…miss Rarity this seem to be a bad moment, I will be going now and…"

"Wait!" Rarity re emerge not only fix up but now wearing a purple blouse and blue skirt contrary to her working cloths she was wearing a second ago "This is not a bad moment at all, you just catch me by surprise for a bit there.You don't need to go just yet, please stay for a while" She tells bathing her eyelashes at me.

Ok how did she do that?

"Ah…are you sure that is ok? because if this is not a good time"

"Oh, Kabuto is staying for dinner?" Sweetie ask poking her head from the second floor "sweet"

"Oh no, I could impose more than…"

"…Please" Rarity hold my hand and look at me in the eyes "We insist, consider it my thanks for taking care of my little sister"

"Ah but I don't know if…"

"Please Kabuto stay" Bell comes down and together do their puppies at him "Oh come on! that is just not fair"

"Please!" they both say at the same time

"Ah ok, ok I accept just please…stop doing that face"

"Yay!" Sweetie Bell exclaim in happiness

"Perfect in that case you can wait in the living room while I prepare everything" Rarity say with a big smile as she dash toward the kitchen, making Bell to laugh "she is probably going to dress in something to impressive you"

"Sweetie Bell leave Kabuto alone!" Rarity yell at her from the kitchen

Bell laugh and the look at me "hey Kabuto would you like to play some games with me while we wait"

"Ah…o…ok" I say still processing what was happening


How exactly did I end up here? As the hours passed I found myself getting more and more comfortable on the character I made out in other to infiltrate the town. Rarity and Sweetie Bell have being nothing but kind host ever since I took my first step inside the house, they even didn't mind seeing my human face, not even Bell saying that I don't look scary to her anymore, and now I'm currently at their dinner table watching how Bell show her sister the picture we took while in my mind there is a war raging

I shouldn't be here, this is not right, not to long ago I just stole another one of this mares friends and now I'm a stealing there food? what kind of monster am I? Wait…what do I even care? I should be happy, a golden opportunity just fell into my lap, the element is right there, alone and vulnerable, what is even better she is in love with me, I can get closer to her without any problem I just need to wait until Sweetie Bell gets to bed and…and I can take her only sister away from her like I took her best friend and make her feel even worse than she… I have to shake my head to clear my thoughts

I'm a changeling, I'm a changeling! I'm not here to make friends, I'm here on a mission, I need to complete it, mom is waiting for me I can't fail her, I can't…

"Kabuto?" The voice of Rarity catch my attention and when I look at her, I see both her and Sweetie Bell looking at me with some concern

"Y…yeah?"

"Are you ok dear, you have being awfully quiet since you sit down"

"Oh, yeah…yeah I'm fine I was just…thinking"

"What were you thinking about?" Sweetie Bell ask getting a little closer

"Oh you know things" I say playing with my food "Ever since I arrive in this world, a lot of things had happen to me. Both good and bad, I…I suppose that there is a lot in my mind at the moment"

As I continue to move my food around I felt someone taking my hand and looking down I see down I see holding it with the same expression "Don't be sad Kabuto, we are here for you"

I smile and pat her head "Don't worry Sweetie Bell, I'm ok"

"Then why are you crying?"

"I'm what?" Putting my hand en my face I check and like she say there were tears welling up in my eyes.

"Excuse me for a second" I say before standing up and rushing to the bathroom, locking the door and toss some water in my face

Why is this keep happening?! First with Pinkie now here? what is going on? why I'm suddenly…! My line of though was interrupted by yet another aching pain on my heart, this one so heart that it brought me to my knees.

And what the hell is going on with my heart?! Why do I keep feeling like…

…Because in your being, rest four of the six elements of harmony! An omnibus voice suddenly tell me making me stand up on alert while looking for it

"Who is there?"

Listen well human, the elements of harmony are by far more than simple tools or ancient magic, capable of banquish evil forces. Their nature itself can not be destroy or contain

I start to hyperventilated as I continue to look for the origin of the voice "S…shut up! You are lying, it can be done, I know it, I have done it!"

The only thing you have done is get into contact with their magic, you are feeling it right now don't you? the sensation of guilt the, desire for friendship, the question of your acts, the elements are opening your eyes even at this moment.

I hold my head and shake it in an attempt to make the voice stop "I'm not going to listen, you are just trying to trick me"

There is still time for do the right thing, you might have force your way into the elements but never the least, we accept you as one us, heed our warnings Kabuto, Chrysalis is not what she claims to be

"Shut up"

The changelings are using you like a weapon

"Shut up"

There are just pretending to be your family, Chrysalis family are only interest in power and they are nice to you because they think you can give them that, the moment you are not of used they will dispose of…

"Shut up!" In rage I slam my fist into the mirror breaking it in the process and making the voice go away.

In that moment I heard the voice of Rarity knocking on the other side of the door. "Kabuto dear, are you ok?"

Taking a depth breath I start to compose myself. And just open the door so Rarity could see what happen "I'm so…sorry" I manage to say before surprising her with a hug "I didn't mean to do it, but it is why am here for"

I say openly crying.

"Wh…what do you mean dear?" She ask before gasping and then see the broken mirror and after pulling away from me noticing the wound in one of my hands.

"Kabuto you are wounded!"

"I promise I will…I will pay for that mirror"

"Forget the mirror we need to treat your arm right now!" She yell in surprise before dragging me away from the bathroom and into the kitchen where she start to treat my wound using a first aid-kid


After that the rest of the even was relatively quiet. We obviously didn't told Sweetie Bell what happen and, instead say that I have a little accident with Opalises, apparently that cat has a bit of an attitude so it made sense. So she believed me, even when say cat keep passing between my legs, purring for attention.
We soon finish dinner and after playing some more with the sister tuck Sweetie Bell to bed, or rather Rarity went a do that, while I wait for her in the living room with her cat.

"I just tuck Sweetie Bell to sleep" Rarity say decending the stairs with a sad look before looking at me directly "Now we can talk"

"Rarity its getting late, I should probably…"

"…not going to happen" she stop me by placing a hand on my chest "Until you talk to me, you are not leaving this couch"

I sigh in defeat as I sit on the couch and her promptly sit next to me "I'm not going to scowl you for what happen, your wounds in your hand is punish enough, and I will not going to ask why if you are not feel comfortable telling me at the moment but I'm going to ask this"

She take both my hands and made me look at her in the eyes with worry. "Are you really ok?"

"Rarity I…"

"Please Kabuto, don't close yourself to me, I want to help you, I want to understand what is happening, but I can't do anything if you don't let me. So please, tell me whatever its in your heart I will listen anything you have to say"

Signing in defeat I simple look down and separate os so I could look at the ground "Ok you win, I will tell you what is happening"

"Thank you dear"

"You see…ever since I arrive at Applejack farm and meet all of you, I have being discovering this…feelings that I have never felt before, at first I though they were just me be nervous and wary of ponies for what Fluttershy told me, but now each time I see you, my heart start to ache, my head gets into a war and without even realised it, I do crazy things"

I chuckle and lift my bandage hand "As you can clearly see" I put it down and start to chuckle "You are probably thinking that I'm crazy"

"Oh not at all dear" Rarity say surprising me as I detect the smell of love coming from her, much to my confusion. "What you are feeling its perfectly normal and I know exactly the reason of why its happening. Tell me did your heart hurt when you see any mare?"

"Mostly you" I say making her smile. I didn't exactly knew why was she getting so happy about but seeing her smile was the pain go away, and part of me wanted to keep her happy so I try to boost her ego a little. After I broke her mirror it was the least I could do.

"You don't say?"

"Yeah I mean you are really gorgeous mare, with a really good business, a loving, family and incredible friends. Any stallion would be crazy to be your special some pony, je even me" I say with a smile feeling happy on how the awkwardness was slowly dying and instead she was happy again.

"Je of course, I wouldn't knew that, I mean just look at me Rarity, a legend related to a nightmare, a different race, and basically an alien. I would be lucky if a mare would ever give me a first date"

"Oh Kabuto, I think you are not giving you enough credit" She say holding my hand again "You are a nice stallion, good looking stallion that has a heart of gold and knows how to treat a lady. Any mare would be happy to give you a chance"

"Je yeah right, I mean come on Rarity would YOU give me a chance?" I joke but freeze at her next words

"I would love that"

What?! no, why is this happening why did she…What Bell say, how could I forgot! I wasn't smelling her happiness increasing, it was her love! To my horror I see how she start to approach her lips to my.

I wanted to stop her but I feel my body unable to move in fact it was doing the exact opposite, a part of me wanted this but the other knew what was happening "R…Rarity"

"Shhh…its ok dear, lets just enjoy the moment" She say with sincere love in her eyes before closing them as our lips connect.

NO!

As the kiss continue, I could feel her generosity leaving her body as well as her love, but this one feel…different warmer, and even more delicious, it was nice and lost in the though I let go of things and enjoy it until her body gave up and I wake up to reality to see Rarity unconscious on the floor, her elements drain.

"Rarity I'm so sorry I…"

Feeling the worse pain in my chest I was force to kneel while holding my chest and do everything in my power not to scream.

The elements are a force that can not be taking lightly Kabuto, we are warning you, turn back from this path you are taking, turn back before you do something you regret

The voice appear as I cough violently until a rainbow kind of sustain came out of my mouth "What the…hell" I manage to say before falling in the ground unconscious too next to Rarity.