• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 3,980 Views, 36 Comments

For the hive, my mom and myself - Lighting Ace



We all know what happen to ponyville during the changeling attack, but do you ever wonder what happen to Canterlot during all that chaos? I don't, you know why? I lived it

  • ...
21
 36
 3,980

The royal conquers

Author's Note:

This story will have a time skip, hope it doesn't matter for you guys, their is a reason for it, and later on I will come back to the time in between to develop some subjects. I promise this is in no way, to rush things up.

The following months have being, full of discovers to say the least.

First of all, after my initial shock, mom was kind enough to tell me that she didn't actually gave birth to at least one million brothers and sisters, and instead our society with a real big number of nuclear families (minus the dog) that work together to serve the queen aka, mom.

Couldn't had hurt, to start with that mom

Unfortunately, even though my mom didn't give birth to all then, she does has a role in the breeding process. Apparently when a couple love each other very much, the woman lay at least one dozen eggs after undergoing a pregnancy of two months. To this day I'm still don't know what is more shocking the part of a woman delivering twelve kids minimum or that she deliver actual eggs the side of a football ball.

Things like that makes me be thankful to have being born a male

After the dead is done and the eggs are lay, my mom comes in and…lick all of those eggs. The reason for this is that, according to mom we changelings feed in the emotion of love and turned that into nutrients for us to eat. I would had questioning her logic but she actually show me the process with one of her subjects, so I knew she was telling the truth.
Apparently that place an important factor too because with the exception of mom, female changelings can't produce this special 'love goo' for their kids so if they are not…kind of fertilised by her they will not be able to born.

In short mom doesn't have a enormous breeding appendix but she still play an important role in the hive as the queen. For how things work if she dies the colony would die, unless they found another queen, just like actual bees. Over all that explanation was both informative and awkward at the same time, not only I had to re heard the whole bees and bird story but now I had to add: " …and then the queens arrive and lick your mothers egg in her love goo", yeah not exactly a lovely image to have in your mind.

When that explanation was out of the way, mom then proceed to tell me of me actual brothers and sister witch I was relief, this time where only five, six if they include me.

All from different parents and species, when I try to ask mom why was that she only respond with "We are changelings honey, our nature is to be free and love as many beings as possible"

That was kind of hard to understand but hey, they are not exactly human so I suppose some of our taboos and morality doesn't apply to them, and its not like they took them by force. So there is not actually to much to think about it.

What it is worth to think about, is that apparently a queen can in fact produce the love goo even when pregnant so she is the only one that doesn't need help, what is more interesting is that her offspring can produce the goo no problem, and in case its a male we can produce a healthy queen too (apparently even as they are born they can produce the goo on their own), and the prove of our royalty is actually this shell in a shape of a crown in our forehead, witch explain why me and my siblings are the only ones that have them. I also discover that for three of my five siblings are woman so the hive is save in case of an emergency. Not that I think mom should stand down from the throne I just think, its nice to know that her family has her back.

Speaking of, mine brothers and sister couldn't had being more different one from another if they try. My oldest of brother Exsos came from a minotaur ambassador, and he is the definition of testosterone. Always refusing to wear a shirt and instead option for some shorts and a open sweater with the sleeves rip, very bulky short temperament and loves to fights. He has a good heart and help me learn how to fight taunt and even strangle opponents far bigger than me, but boy does he really have a hard time expressing it, how does that guy obtain love I don't know? my guesses is that he goes into gyms or tournament and find others fans of sparring like him.

Then there is my oldest sister Tempress, that came from a triton sultan witch I'm still wonder how mom manage that consider they don't have the correct half for the job. She is the smartest in our family after mom, she actually look like a shorter version of her but with blue short hair and a sport bra and a dress instead of the kimono mom always wear. Apparently she just love water and take as many chance she can get to go for a swim so basically her outfit its an swimsuit ready to go. She still has the ability to fly…its just that she prefer the water. Over all a really nice and kind big sister, and one hell of a teacher. I don't know how she did it but in only one week, she manage to teach me all of equestria the 3 tribes, our enemies, past, and weakness to perfection, and make the lessons fun, I didn't even noticies I was learning so much until mom gave me a surprise quiz and I answer all the questions in a matter of seconds. Impress doesn't start to explain how I felt that day. Tempress was sure proud that day.

Next in the list was my brother Chitin son of a griffin king an the hunter/thief of our family, the only changeling in the hive that have manage to sneak on my mother, contrary to Exos Chitin is actually the silent type usually opting to point at what he wants, nod or shake his head if possible, he speak its only he prefer to listen. He always wear a leather armour for speed and is fan of sneaking around places, exit laberiths and of course hunting. In our trips I have seeing him in action and he can only be describe as a ghost. I own him, my ability to sneak attacks, escape dangerous situation and build traps. Maybe he doesn't show it, but I know he appreciated my company.

After him it comes Freya, daughter of an actual freaking dragon, she ironically can be consider the 'knight' of our family, loyal and willing to give her life to the hive and expecting the same with out of her soldiers. Her hair is purple, and she wears it as a pony tail; her horn is also croak but not as croak as mothers; wears a light steel armour and her favourite weapon is the spear. From all of us she is the only one that can actually breath fire and its an expert in all types of weapons, thanks to her I know how to used different types of swords and, how to quickly analice any kind of weapon throw at me and plan a way to block or dodge it in time. She is nice but, almost all the time she bring the word tuff love, to shine.

And finally there is Cicada my…younger/older sister, god its so confusing to describe her, you see because I'm 24 and she 22, chronologically I'm older than her but because I revived not to far ago, technically I'm also younger than her. For now I just call her older sister to avoid confusions, even if she insist of make it the other way around, it my choose and I will stick to it. She come from an unicorn ambassador that came to the hive some time ago, I suppose he was a sweat talker if he gave my mom that kind of parting gift and apparently he was also good at magic because, when it comes to that subject Cicada is the best after mom, able to cast and remember thousands of spells she knows how things that even Tempress has difficulty to grasp. She is the only one of us that wear a kimono like mom, with the difference that hers has pink lines instead of green to match her long mane, and even if she don't need them, prefer to used glasses saying that it make her look smarter. More like cute if you ask me, but that is my opinion, she is the shyest of all and took the longest in accepting me as part of the family, can't blame her really I would probably had being the same if mom had brought an alien home saying that its my brother from another dimension. Maybe she couldn't teach me as much as the others but, at least I know how to read maps and bread potions thanks to her.

And in the bottom its me Kabuto the human changeling, that can drain all sort of emotions besides love and can turn his stingers in all sort of weapons from a single bee sting, to a complex saw sword dripping in potion that again can go from make other dizzy to knock them up out could for hours. Making all of us a perfect group of miss fits being a big happy family.

At first it was hard to adapt but now, I finally start to feel like I'm part of the hive and as I'm here sparing with Freya with wooden Bo I feel like I'm ready to defend it from our looming enemies.


"Faster Kabuto, faster" Freya insisted as she increase the speed of her attacks "your enemy will not wait for you to recover your breath, you need to always strike first, strike fast…" she suddenly headbud me in the face making me loss my balance and fall to the ground and then point the bo at my face "…and never strike fair"

"Je like this?" I smirk as I unless a stinger from my forearm with connect with her knee paralysing her in the spot "Hey no fair!…we say no unique abilities" she say as I stand up while she keep trying to move her body "hey don't blame me Freya, you told me to play dirty"

"that is not what I meant" she say getting angry"

"Come on Freya, don't be a sour loser"

"Kabul if you don't unfreeze me this instant…" she say starting to get angry when our mother call for us from her podium. "Kabuto, Freya I need you in the throne room at once" she tells before leaving

"yes mom" we respond at the same time as I unfroze Freya and start to run to the entrance of the castle but not before receiving a hit in the back of my head courtesy of my sister "for being a jerk"

"Je, don't feel bad sis, if it is any consolation you are still the best in combat with weapons"

"you know what, it actually kind of those, but don't think you are home free yet brother"

I just role my eyes as we continue our trek to mother throne room.

Once there I saw the rest of my siblings gather gather around mom who was sitting in her throne. "Please children join your brothers and sister"

We say as she command and await her instructions once we were all in line. "So who won?" Cicada ask, knowing what Freya and I were doing"

"Do you really need to ask?" she say with confidence

"Yeah its obvious that she lost" I chuckle an soon Exsos join in making Freya to go mad

"No you didn't! you cheat it!" she argue

"You told me, to do it"

"A true warrior would never had done such cheap trick"

"Oh so when you throw dirt into my eyes in our sparring that was the highest of tricks?" Tempress join in making Cicada to giggle and I swear I even saw Chitin to smile.

Our little discussion came to a halt when mother clear her throat to bring us back and after she saw we were silent, start talking again.

"My sweet, dear children, after months in preparations we are finally ready to make our move" She tells with excitement "For years we have had to lived with the humiliation that was our defeat at the hands of princess Cadence and prince Armour, and their insufferable friends the elements of harmony"

We all keep our silence, my brothers in memory, and I in idea of that incident, I did know of what happen thanks to Tempress, but since I wasn't actually there I couldn't really get all that mad as they were.

"But that would change today, we have cover all our weaknesses and with your new brother by your side, there is nothing that can stop us" she tells pointing at me and giving me a small blush at the compliment. "Kabuto, you are our secret weapon, you are the nightmare that the elements soon will know to fear. Tell me my son, what is your goal?"

I step forward and I look directly at her "To serve you, my queen"

"Who are your enemies?"

"The elements of harmony, and the princesses of Equestria"

"And what are you going to do once you see them?"

"I will show them the true rage of the changeling kind"

Chrysalis smile evilly at the respond and unknown to Kabuto his siblings were doing the same.

"Never forget those words my son, all of you follow into your younger brother steps, follow his lead and fly!" On quo all 6 of us spread or wings and lift into the air, our mother soon following.

"Exos, Cicada and Chitin, you will come with me to the cristal empire, Tempress, Freya and Kabuto go to Ponyville and conquer it! And once you are done there, head to Canterlot and claim it as our price, take their princess and the elements prisoners, but do not kill them, I want them alive"

"Yes mother"

"Go my children, go and conquer everything!" Chrysalis exclaim as she took off with our brothers, and a group of soldier changelings, my and my sister doing the same in the oposite direction.