• Published 22nd Mar 2017
  • 3,977 Views, 36 Comments

For the hive, my mom and myself - Lighting Ace



We all know what happen to ponyville during the changeling attack, but do you ever wonder what happen to Canterlot during all that chaos? I don't, you know why? I lived it

  • ...
21
 36
 3,977

My name is Kabuto. Part 1

As the rays of the sun slowly move throw the windows of the castle, announcing its setting, Kabuto disguise as Caeruleo advanced throw the corridor along side her sister pretending to be royal guard.

"Are you sure this is going to work Tempress?" Freya ask tighting the hold on her spear.

"Kabuto say the plan once more"

"Greet princess Celestia like I used to say, tell her of an opportunity to eat a snack on a new restaurant that has a sale on cakes, take her as far away as possible from the castle, and then guide her to the establish location where our soldiers awaits" I repeat motionless as we continue our walk.

"See sister? He is complete under our control the amulet would ensure that." Freya looks to the side and grumble "I still don't like this, it take away the fun of a fight"

"Just go to your post and get ready, the moment we leave the castle you can do your move and attack Luna, would that make you happy?"

"It will suffice"

Tempress sigh and just point to a another corridor near them "Just go"

"You better don't screw up Tempress, I had it with this place and all the set backs we have be having" Freya say before leaving.

Once gone Tempress sigh and looks at me "Honesty, isn't she a handful at least when she pretend to like you, she was tolerable" she say with a smirk while I once again try to speak, and regain mobility to no effect.

"Oh still wondering what is going on brother? Je don't worry your little head about it, you will only need to do as I say" She tap her head before they both reach Celestia room with two guads on watch duty in front the door.

"You know what to do" Tempress whisper into my ear before standing back and let me do what I'm being force to do.

You are not seriously ok with this are you?

Standing in front of the door I see to my left to notices Ellie with the face of Applejack leaning against the frame. I remain silent and just lift my first to knock on it.

Oh come on!, don't give me that, we both know that it will take more than a gem to control you

"I…Can't, its too…powerful"

And you are even more powerful, or do you forgot? you have the elements inside, you are more than capable of fight it! Ellie say getting close to my face with a glare So just do it!

Ignoring her I close my eyes and knock on there, and then enter when I heard Celestia say 'come in' and Elie disappear the moment I enter

"Ah Caeruleo, you came on the perfect moment , I have just set the sun" Celestia say as she descend from her balcony "Did you came to tell me that dinner is ready?"

"Well, kind of, I was going to ask you if you wanted to eat but not here but in Canterlot"

That confused Celestia "I would not mind but what is the occasion? Normally we reserve going out to eat for special events or fancy parties"

"I know but you see, the other day I found this new restaurant that serve all sort of dessert for dinner and because they just open, the owners are offering all sort of promotion for their speciality, I even heard that they made a special banana frosting cake with three different types of frosting that can work as dinner"

I could see how Celestia was licking her lips at the image "That does sound delicious, and if we eat there I'm sure their business would flourish, lets just go fetch Luna so we can all go"

She start to walk but I raise my arm and stand on her way "Actually I already ask her, she told that she is busy, and unfortunately can't attend"

"Busy? Doing what? We still have day and night court on hold"

"She didn't told me, only that it was a secret project"

"Well that does sound very unlikely of her, maybe I should ask her what is this project about before we leave" She try to leave but the moment she exit the door Kabuto hold her wrist "Auntie please"

"Caeruleo, what is the matter? Let me go"

"Please Auntie, can't at least wait to after we return?"

She look at him suspicious "Why?"

"Because I know you, if you start to fight again we will never leave the castle"

That surprise her and she turn around to face him with a little blush "I'm not going there to argue, and our fights aren't all that long"

"Auntie" I look at her with a serious expression.

"They don't!"

"Please auntie, just let her be for this night, pleeease? You can brag her about the cake you ate without her as vengeance" I offer her applying my best innocent smile I could offer.

"…oh alright, how could someone say no to that face" She say with a smile "We will pick something up for her on our way back"

"Thank you Auntie, lets hurry before the line to enters gets to big" He say starting to drag them both throw the hallway

"Line? I though they just open?"

"They did, but for the stories I heard from the place it seems that a lot of nobles will want a taste too" Celestia look at her nephew with some suspicious not entirely believing him but never the lest comply.


As we walk throw Canterlot, the image of Ellie start to appear from near by windows as she follow us.

Please Kabuto, snap out it!, you are better than this.

Shut up

Remember who you are, remember what you felt when you were with the princesses

Shut up

What other prove do you need!? They are using you as a puppet, they are not considering your feelings, what kind of family does that? Why are you so loyal to them? Ellie say practically crying now.

Because…they are my brothers and sisters, my mom its now queen Chrysalis, she move heaven and hell to bring me back to her…I can't get my back on her

"Kabuto?"

Blinking twice I went back to reality to find princess Celestia looking back at me with concern "What is wrong?"

"N…nothing auntie I was just thinking"

"Then why are you crying?"

I froze in that moment and although I couldn't move I could feel a tear passing my cheek.

"I got allergies from the pollen"

"Pollen? In here?" She say crossing her arms as I look to our location. that was an empty road on the middle of the city with just some ponies walking around. "Care to try again?"

"The fumes of the garbage"

"Caeruleo stop!" She say putting her hands on my shoulders "Please, just stop no more lying, since we left the castle I have seeing how you were fighting some unbeilable pain, please nephew talk to me, tell me what is really going on"

"Ah…" I try to speak but the amulet prevent me from speaking or do anything.

I'm being used! Say it Kabuto say it!

"Ah…"

Come on I know you can do it! please

"Ah…"

Chrysalis is not your real mother! she lying to you!

The moment she said that I release my stinger and pierce the edge on her stomach catching Celestia off guard who looks at it and then at me in shock as my disguise burn out and show my true face who was still crying. "Not…it can't…you shouldn't be here"

Celestia throw the poison try to move and reach her hand to my check as I remove my stinger, I didn't knew why but if it wasn't for the amulet I probably would be on the ground screaming in pain, as I felt how my own heart was ripping to pieces "What…who did this to you?"

In that moment the citizen around us lose their disguise revelling themselves as changelings that don't waste time in taking the princess with both arms and restrain her in front of me.

"Bravo Kabuto, bravo" Tempress loss her own disguise and slowly clap as she approach us. "See what you can do with a little incentive?" She pats my head before looking at Celestia.

"Ah princess Celestia allow me to introduce me, I'm princess Tempress, daughter of the ruler of the changeling empire, and starting now, your worse nightmare"

Celestia just glare at her in response "So you are the reason"

"Come again?"

She turn to look at me "You sick changeling what did you do to this poor soul!?"

She…she is not scare of me? I say in shock on how despite her situation she was defending me. Tempress must have share the sentiment because for the next couple of minutes there was nothing but silence until she eventually decided to break it by laughing at Celestia.

"You must be delusional, haven't you seeing his face yet?" Holding my head with two of her fingers she force to get closer to Celestia so we see eye to eye. "This is a human, you know what those are? They are the most, dangerous, cunning, mischievous and over all evil creatures that…"

"…I know what humans were" She snap at her "I say what do you do to him" Tempress gets silent again and release me "And here I was waiting some fear, or anger or something else from you from my weapon grand reveal"

"This person is not a weapon!" Celestia yell "What is in front of you is a living being with emotions and dreams not a toy for your enjoyment!"

I didn't knew why but her words were really reaching me, here she was beaten, poison and powerless, and despite all that she was keeping strong on defending me, she didn't even look mad at my betray and more like worry about my well being. All that was soon replace in panic for Tempress next order.

"Ah all this morality high ground and bravery is getting me nauseous, Kabuto cut her face off so she can start be afraid of you already"

Making an effort I manage to look at her in shock, as she just look at me with a bored expression "You heard me, chop chop"

I try to stop myself but once again my body wasn't responding and before I knew it, my stingers were out and one of my arms was starting to lift into the air as I aim at the princess who look at me. "Don't become what they are telling you to be"

As I look at her, I manage to keep my body from moving fighting against it with all my power.

"What are you waiting for? Cut her face already" Tempress say getting angry. "You can't refuse a direct order human, stop stalling and just do what you are order!" She yell again and I could feel the gem on my arm shining brightly and getting more and more hot

Closing my eyes I start to tear up

Please…someone, help me!

You call? I heard the voice of Ellie inside my head, as everything seem to have stop again.

"E…Ellie, Tempress just lost her head, what I do? how can I stop her?"

Well by regaining the control on your body silly She say appearing in front of me like Pinkie.

"How can I…"

Seriously kid, you really need to pay more attention I have being telling you how this whole trip, used the elements

"What?! I can't used them, I not one of them"

But that doesn't mean we can't let you a helping hand, consider it a little borrow, but to used it you need to be sure of something

"Of what?"

She kneel beside Celestia Of your feelings, please tell me how do you feel when you see her? what do you REALLY feel?

"I…I…"

Moment of truth Kabuto, no turning back now

"I feel happy and secure, I feel like no matter what I can count on her and my aunt Luna to hold my back" The second I say that I feel my arms start to shine and be envelop on a white light. The same light Ellie was now shining as well.

That was all we needed to hear

"W…What is happening? Ellie what are you doing?"

Don't be afraid we are just unlocking your powers, enjoy your free trial.

"What? wait, how can I used the elements I only got five"

True but you also have something even better than magic, make sure to used it properly, good luck

As time return to normal I find myself taking back the control on my body as my stings approach the princess. Twisting its direction my blade find its target on the wrist of one of the changelings that was holding Celestia as the other only had time to see what was happening before my fist find his face sending him flying.

Before Celestia fell I went to her side and put her arm on over my head to lift both of us up surprising Tempress.

"What are you doing!?" Tempress say in shock and anger

"What I should have done a long time ago"

"This is impossible you are wearing the amulet you shouldn't be able to move!"

"Princess Tempress look!" One of the soldier point at my stinger witch now I notices is different from my regular ones, this one is sharper and resemble more a sword made out of diamonds. "Its looks like…no imposible"

Tempress start to get scare witch only increase when we see the soldier my sting reach soon turn into stone.

"That is something only the elements of harmony can do, how can you wield that magic?!"

Celestia smile and lift her head as much as she can "You poor naive princess changeling, do you really think the elements are just a weapon or a spell? There is still too much you don't know about this world"

She grumble and buzz her wings making me get into a alert as I recognised the frequency of that buzzing "Fine! you want to resolve this like cave ponies? I can play that game too"

I start to back away as I see changelings flying from the castle and toward our location starting until they desend behind Tempress "You should have just obey me human, at least that way you could have die with the though of having a family" She say with an evil smirk as she and the other changelings get ready to attack.

"Bring it changeling!, my name is Kabuto, and as long as I breathe, no changeling would hurt the princess of the elements ever again!"

"Je touching, kill him!" Tempress commands as all the changelings fly toward me