• Published 20th Apr 2017
  • 881 Views, 17 Comments

Spike's Big Day (In the Changeling Kingdom) - RummyKun



(Cancelled) Spike and Twilight take a little trip to the newly reformed Changeling Kingdom.

  • ...
4
 17
 881

|Part 2|

The little purple dragon’s eyes lit up as he saw who the voice belonged to. He could not help but smile up at the new king of the changelings, Thorax. Thorax also began to smile as he looked down at his first and greatest friend, Spike.

“Well look at that,” Thorax began, “My favorite dragon seems to be much taller than before.”

Spike replied. “Heh, well it HAS been a while.”

He started to approach the changeling king and hugged him. Thorax hugged back, smiling even more now that he has his best buddy for a whole week. The two of them embraced for over a minute before being interrupted by a fellow changeling.

“Sir, we need to bring our guests to the main hive. The weather will get much worse soon.”

“Alright.” Thorax replied.

He let go of Spike and looked over at Twilight. He nodded and turned around, and now he began to guide his visitors to the hive. They passed many different buildings; all of them were unique and had different shapes and colors. Some houses had beautiful flowers growing in front of them. Spike looked around in awe from the beautiful landscape they walked through. A few birds flew overhead as they chirp away. It was so different seeing the Changeling Kingdom with a lot of color and beauty. Last time they were there it was all destroyed and horrible, but this was completely different.

“So much has changed here.” Spike said as they got closer to the main hive. “I can’t even tell we’re in the same place we were back when Chrysalis captured us.”

“Well, I didn’t want to keep the place in shambles.” Thorax stated. “I decided that we should all strive to make the entire kingdom strong and beautiful, and to put the love we once wanted to take into the care we have for our home.”

“This place is so fascinating. I should study the entire flora here someday.” Twilight said as she admired the scenery that was quite different to what she had seen before.

Spike snickered to himself from Twilight going into absolute nerd mode as they finally made it to the hive. The guards held open the strange looking doors as they were presented with a much more organized and much larger structure.

Thorax held up his forehoof and smiled. “Welcome to the central hive!”

Twilight and Spike looked around at all the different rooms and hallways, wondering where they would end up.

“Twilight, Spike, allow me to take you to your rooms.” Thorax said as he took them upstairs and into the eastern hallway.

They trotted down a very nicely decorated corridor until they reached a set of rooms.

“On the left we have Princess Twilight Sparkle’s room.” A guard said as he opened the door. “And on the right we have King Thorax and Spike’s room.”

“I get to share Thorax’s room?” Spike gave a toothy grin as he jumped in place like Pinkie Pie in a cardboard box.

“Yes you do, or if you don’t want to I can get you a room to yours-” Thorax was cut off by Spike.

“No, I’m fine with sharing a room.” Spike said, hardly able to contain his excitement.

A loud boom could be heard outside as the thunderstorm began. Lightning sent a wave of light through the windows, and surprised the group.

“Well, sorry about the weather. I didn’t know it would get like this on the first day.”

“It’s alright, Thorax.” Twilight pat his back. “We can always take that tour of the Kingdom tomorrow.”

“Yeah, and we still get to see you.” Spike added.

“Thanks guys, I’m glad you two came here.” Thorax returned to smiling. “Why don’t I let you two unpack?”

“Alright.” Twilight and Spike replied in unison.

Author's Note:

This time I updated in less than a month instead of several months!