• Published 20th Apr 2017
  • 880 Views, 17 Comments

Spike's Big Day (In the Changeling Kingdom) - RummyKun



(Cancelled) Spike and Twilight take a little trip to the newly reformed Changeling Kingdom.

  • ...
4
 17
 880

|~Prologue~|

It was a calm and cool Friday night. The calm sound of crickets chirping away softly filled the atmosphere. The sound of steps soon came, trudging in the thin layer of snow. A young purple dragon was walking down the streets of Ponyville as he carried a small bag on his back. He raised his claw and scratched the side of his head. Soon, the illumination of the lamps outside Princess Twilight's castle came into his peripheral view. He smiled as he reached up and gripped the door handle, pulling it open. The drake was greeted by a smiling alicorn who pulled him into a hug. She spoke up.

“Thank you for running those errands for me, Spike.” Her horn lit up as she took the bag from him, lightening his weight.

“No problem, Twilight.” He smiled as he stretched his little body.

“You should get some rest; you’ll need it for when we board the train at sunrise.”

“Wait, did you say train?” Spike asked with a hint of surprise.

“Well yeah, we’re going to leave tomorrow morning to the new changeling kingdom.”

“Oh cool!” The purple drake smiled brightly.

“Yep, and we’ll be there for a full week, so make sure you have everything you need. If you want I can make you a checklist.”

“That’s okay, I can do it.”

Spike went up to his room and grabbed a bunch of comic books, a scarf, and some paper with quills. ‘I finally get to see Thorax again! I can’t believe it’s been nine whole weeks!’ He became incredibly giddy with every exciting thought of him getting to hang out with Thorax.
Once he had his suitcase packed, he lay back in his bed and stared up at the ceiling. He kept going over all of the possibilities that he and Thorax could do together. He was incredibly excited with each and every thought. Before Spike knew it, the clock struck midnight. Once he saw the time, he panicked. The drake did not want to be too tired to spend time with his best friend. He turned out the light by his bedside and clamped his little eyes tight. Eventually, the tiny dragon drifted off into a deep slumber.

His dreams were very cheerful and bright that night, all throughout he saw Thorax over and over and over. It must have been one of the best dreams he had ever dreamt. At the time, he wanted nothing to do with waking up. His cheeks began to flush a bit, getting pinker by the minute. Drool started to drip out of his mouth as he kissed his pillow multiple times.


The sun staggered up into the horizon, sending the light of day all throughout the town. Hoofsteps were heard running up the steps of the castle, getting louder as time passed. Out of nowhere, the doors swung open and the princess yelled.

“Spike, wake up!” She yelled over to the sleeping little dragon.

He woke up in a panicked sweat from the sudden shout. He panted lightly, looking up to see his caretaker.

“Oh, is it time to go already?!” Spike jumped up out of his bed.

“That’s right, we have to be at the train station in 37 minutes to make the train, so get up.” Twilight smiled at him with a big toothy grin.