• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 5,055 Views, 57 Comments

Twilight the Dragon - MetalBrony823



It's been a week since Twilight became a dragon so Spike can be happy without ever feeling alone, but it turns out being dragon is harder than she thought

  • ...
3
 57
 5,055

Training to be a Dragon (Breathing Fire)

On the ground, Twilight was concentrating on trying to breath fire by Ember and Spike. Spike was still a baby dragon of course, but he can still teach Twilight how to properly breath fire, and when to let it all out. Twilight worried that she might accidentally burn the land into a pile of ashes, even if she is not really big enough to do that.

"Okay Twilight." said Ember. "To breath fire, you have to concentrate and try and clear your mind. Do not be afraid to let it all out of your system. Just don't aim it at me or Spike of course."

"Got it." Twilight made a sigh. "I just hope I don't burn everything around me to the ground into smoldering piles of ashes and nothingness." Nonetheless, the dragon-turned pony tried her best to concentrate, and when she felt like the time was right, Twilight let out a huge flame of purple fire from her mouth.

A tree was heavily burnt and caught on fire from the impact, but it looked like nothing else was burnt. Twilight was relieved to see that, until she saw Spike and Ember covered in ash and smoke, only revealing their eyes.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry!" Twilight said covering her mouth with her paws. "I did not mean to hurt you, I-"

"It's fine, Twilight." Spike said, blowing the ash off of him. "Dragons are fireproof, remember?"

"Oh yeah." Twilight did remember that fact about all dragons. "So, please be honest, Ember, how was that?"

"Good, very good." Ember replied, wiping off the last bit of ash on her right arm. "Still needs some work though, but besides that, it actually wasn't that bad, especially for a pony like you that turned into a dragon.

The purple dragon-turned-pony was glad to hear that "Thanks." she smiled.

"And Spike was really good too." Ember complimented. The baby dragon blushed. "Even for a baby dragon like you, he knows how to breath fire." she gently patted his small head three times

"Oh thanks Ember. But I thought we were focusing on Twilight?"

"We are, we are. I just felt like you deserve some credit too, squirt." she gently ruffed his head playfully while saying that. "Alright, back to training, Twilight."

"Twilight!" called a female voice. It was Rainbow Dash, who was running up to the three with her other best friends. "We saw the fire from over here, are you alright?"

"I'm fine, I'm fine. What are you guys doing here?"

"We wanted to see if you guys were doing a good job training or what not." said Rarity.

"I hope you were careful breathing fire like that. Or- was that you who made that fire?" Fluttershy asked sheepishly

"Oh it was her alright." said Ember proudly. "And it was amazing, even for a first try. Still though, she needs more practice to get the hang of it."

"Ember's right." Spike agreed. "Perfect fire-breathing takes years, or at least my case, months to perfect." The others smirked at his slight cockiness

"It actually took one year for you to perfect it, Spike." Twilight corrected him

"Oh." then the others laughed (minus him)

"But wait, I don't know if you guys should be here, it might be too dangerous. Me, Spike, and Ember might be fireproof, but ponies aren't." Twilight noted. "I would never forgive myself if I burnt you all alive."

"Oh don't worry about us, Sugarcube." said Applejack. "We'll be just fine. You might be a dragon now, but you're still the Twilight we all know in love."

The purple dragon was touched to hear that "Thanks girls." Then the training continued. Many attempts of breathing fire were a little... not so perfect like the first one, but after somewhere around fifteen to thirty times, Twilight finally got a perfect line of fire from her mouth. Sometimes Twilight would aim it at the sky so no accidents were cause, and that she wouldn't create wildfires around her by accident.

The tree that she burned before looked crooked, and the flames died around it, yet the smell of burning wood was in the air. Twilight was glad that no wildfires were created, for she wasn't being careless in her fire-breathing. "Goodness, Twilight, you are starting to get the hang of it." Fluttershy admired.

"Yeah, totally beyond awesome!" Rainbow Dash agreed. "think about it, if we are out fighting bad guys, they wouldn't stand a chance against our fire-breathing friend here! Oh! we should all turn into dragons so we can be unstoppable!"

"Keep dreaming, Rainbow Dash. Keep dreaming." Spike said

"I like myself just the way I am." said Fluttershy

"We all do." Pinkie said "I don't want into a super nasty dragon. Oh! not saying you three are nasty, but I mean like the other dragons."

"We know, Pinkie." said Twilight with a smirk. "So, let's get back to training."

"Right. You're getting quite better at this, Twilight. And I must admit, you're quite a fast learner." Ember admired. "I give you a lot of credit, even if it's the first time being a dragon ever."

"Twilight is one in a million, isn't she?" Applejack agreed. "A pony with extraordinary talents. I mean, Dragon with many talents now."

Then the training continued. Twilight was getting more and more used to the fire she was breathing, and Dragon Lord Ember was becoming really impressed by how she is progressing. "Keep it up, Twilight, keep it up. Just keep doing it and you'll be the best fire breathing dragon I'm Equestria."

Feeling motivated by her little brother's encouragement, she began to feel more serious and got even more better than before, how to properly exhale, and how big or small she wanted them to be without causing any calateral damage.

As half an hour passed, she was feeling out of breath from all of that breathing fire. She collapsed on her back with a small yet loud thump that caused the earth to do a mild shake.

"Woah! Easy there, Twilight." Said Ember. "wouldn't want to cause an earthquake."

"I'm sorry Ember, i'm just a little exhausted from all of that." Twilight panted. "Maybe I should take a while to catch my breath."

"That's fine. I could use a break myself."

"Me too." Spike added.

"Twilight, you're way beyond awesome, you are nailing the fire breathing like a real dragon." Rainbow congratulated.

"Oh this training is far from complete." Ember reminded.

"She's right." Said Fluttershy. "I wonder what else Ember is going to teach her."

"Well, she is going to swim through lava next, and them more flying lessons, Fluttershy." Ember clarified. Twilight's eyes perked up with surprise.

"Swim in lava? Oh no no no no no. I couldn't possibly-"

"Relax." Spike said. "Dragons are fireproof, remember? A dragon swimming on lava would be like a pony going in a hot tub."

"For dragons of course, but for us ponies, we would slowly melt in an instant like burning candle wax." Said Rarity. "Oh how painful that would be." She made a small shudder of horror.

"Well don't worry, you guys won't be coming to the volcano anyway." Said Ember. "And Twilight, Spike is right, lava is a dragon's Jacuzzi. It's so relaxing like one, and that's a cool part of being a dragon, you never have to worry about getting burnt by anything."

Twilight was still unsure of this, but she ultimately said "okay, my stomach still might have a knot about this, but if what you say is true, I'll do it."

"Perfect! And don't forget about the flying lessons again."

"I won't. I won't. I desperately need to stretch my wings again after this." Then they both continued with their breath-catching while the other friends spent time with them like having conversations, amd how the training would end up like for Twilight.