• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 5,041 Views, 57 Comments

Twilight the Dragon - MetalBrony823



It's been a week since Twilight became a dragon so Spike can be happy without ever feeling alone, but it turns out being dragon is harder than she thought

  • ...
3
 57
 5,041

Garble Returns

Over the course of a long training sessions, Twilight was starting to get the hang of breathing fire, almost mastering it to perfection, and flying like a dragon would do. Ember herself was feeling more and more proud of Twilight with her amazing progress of becoming a dragon internally.

"Very awesome job, Twilight!" Ember cheered for her enthusiastically. "Just look at you learn so much from me." Then Twilight made a large cloud of fire from her mouth once again

"Thank you!" Twilight replied to her. "I am a fast learner, after all." Then she took a deep breath, and breathed another cloud of fire, but even bigger than the previous ones she did while training. Fluttershy, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, and Pinkie Pie cheered on for her as she was progressing.

All of her friends would applaud to her loudly, even Fluttershy, and she was known to cheer in a quieter way than most ponies would sound like.

"You rock! Woohoo! Way to go, Twilight!" Fluttershy cheered. This time, she was a little louder, almost a loud as Pinkie Pie as a matter of fact. Of course, Spike cheered the loudest out of them all. He still stood next to Ember, still as her helper for the training.

Twilight couldn't feel any more prouder of herself for being a dragon more than she used to be now. She began thinking that if turning herself into a dragon was worth it, and she decided it was indeed, worth it, for her, and for Spike. After all, she transformed into a dragon for his happiness and well being.

"Alright Twilight, we just need to keep on training for the day for a little longer. But in the meantime, I think we deserve a break from all of that."

The blue dragon touched her wings, feeling a little sore.

"Wouldn't want to burn ourselves out from all of this."

Spike chuckled "No ma'am." He concurred. They all decided to have a little picnic as a small celebration for Twilight's amazing progression into dragonhood.

The six ponies and Spike were just eating a decent lunch while Ember was sitting alone, leaning on a tree. Spike wondered if she was alright or not, and decided to go over to her.

"You okay Ember?"

"Oh yeah, yeah. Sure. I'm just fine, Spike." Ember replied. "Just chilling under a tree in the shade. Why do you ask?"

"Well, you're just sitting alone and not joining us on our picnic, that's all. Are you hungry?"

"Yep, but I don't really do picnics. I'm a dragon after all, and... you know." Then she crossed her arms behind her head in relaxation.

"But you're a dragon who does friends like me, right?" Spike asked her

"Yeah." Then Ember got back on her feet. "I guess I could try and give that a shot." Then she joined the others in the picnic and had a very decent lunch, and shared some gems with Spike that Rarity found in the Crystal cave near town.

Rarity, like she would usually do in events like this, wore a sun hat and some sunglasses to protect her "perfect skin" much to Applejack's annoyance.

"Do you really have to wear that, Rarity?" Ember asked the white unicorn. "It's not so hot out here."

"Yes, but, I have to protect my perfectly flawless skin. I have got to have my beautiful, good looks." Then she fluffed the front of her mane in elegance. Her friends rolled their eyes in irritation while Spike looked at her in a lovestruck way.

"I think you look absolutely beautiful in that type of hat, Rarity." The baby dragon remarked with hearts in his eyes.

Rarity gasped in a touched expression. "Oh, why thank you, Spike." Then she kissed him on his cheek very tenderly.

"Hey hey hey, whoa whoa whoa." Ember said. "Hold the phone."

"What's wrong?" Asked Fluttershy

"Isn't Spike a little too young to be kissed like that?"

"I thought dragons like you don't do kissing or romance?" Rainbow pointed

Ember's cheeks flushed a purple on her face. "Romance? I was just saying."

The others giggled. "It's okay, Ember." Twilight remarked warmly. "Spike was just given a kiss from Rarity as a true friend."

"Ah, good. Oh! Not saying that I have a crush on Spike. I was just making sure he was okay." Ember said. "Yep, just looking after him like a big sister. After all, we are friends." then she patted the baby dragon's head.

"Aww, thanks Ember." Spike said gratefully, then he hugged her affectionately. At first, Ember was a little embarrassed, but she quickly got over it, and remembered that this happened before when Spike gave her the dragon scepter so she can become dragon lord, and embraced him back.,

Twilight and her friends still thought it was really cute for them to interact like this. Indeed, they did look like a big sister and little brother type of pair. Then they all continued eating their food. It was zesty cucumber sandwiches and a salad. Spike and Ember however, had gems as their meal.

It was not really much for both the dragons, but it was lunch after all. Twilight herself had some gems, and they tasted like candy to her. It was all the more reason why she was glad to be a dragon now. It took a little while, somewhere around thirty minutes before they were all through and well fed.

After the picnic was over with, they all decided to relax and take a break before Twilight could get back to training. Mean time, Spike, Ember, and Twilight all laid on the soft grass, looking at the sky. The others just had some random conversations about random things. of course, they were waiting for the training to continue.

Spike sighed blissfully as the scattered clouds coming past him and the other two. "You know Ember, I really thank you for helping me learn how to be a better dragon."

"Ah, don't mention it, girlfriend." The blue dragon gave her a gentle arm punch to add that response. "But don't think it ends here, Twilight. there is still a lot more training for you to absorb."

The purple dragon-turned-pony smiled confidentially, and replied "I'm ready." Yes, she did feel more than ready for any challenges that will come her way now that she is getting the hand of flying and breathing fire. And of course, using fingers. She lifted her right arm, and flexed her fingers and thumb to warm them up.

"So Ember," said Spike

"Yeah?"

"How is your father doing?"

"My dad well... he is still a little overprotective of me, but he eventually came to accept me as the new Dragon Lord after he backed down from power."

"Thank goodness for Dragon Law." Spike remarked

"Exactly."

"So, is he proud of you for being a leader?" Asked Twilight curiously. "Or can he still be a little irritable?"

"Of course he's proud of me. He is my father, so he has to be proud of me." Ever pointed after taking a sip of lemonade, and laying back on the grass. "Although... he is a little confused on me wanting to better pony and dragon relationships."

"Hmm, figures. No offense Ember, but your dad is terrifying."

She giggled mildly and said "it's alright, Spike. I agree with you. And besides, my father would take terrifying as a compliment."

"Of course he would." Said Twilight.

Then Spike had a thought about a certain dragon that was his mortal enemy, a teenage dragon covered in red scales who was a nasty piece of work.

"And what about Garble? Has he been giving you trouble?"

"Nah. Not really. Sure, he may pick on me at times, but no, he doesn't really give me so much trouble as before. And, if he would try to hurt me, I would always zap him with my scepter to teach him a lesson. Ha! You should see him how he is shocked by it." Then Ember made blubbering noises, trying to picture Garble being electrocuted.

Both Twilight and Spike laughed at how she interpreted that. Not only that, but Spike was even more happier to hear that Garble has gotten a rightful retribution for all the digs at him in the past, and almost getting him killed on the dragon lord trial.

"Well enough of that. Back to training, Twilight." Then both female dragons got back up, and readied themselves for more training sessions. Spike happily got back on Twilight, and she was still being quite a skilled dragon.

Over the coarse, her fire breathing got better and better, and the same with her soaring and flying. This time, she did multiple air tricks without making the slightest mistake.

Just when the others below were cheering for her, Rwinbow caught a glimpse of a figure moving towards Ember and Twilight. Whatever it was, it did not look friendly at all. "Twilight! Ember! Look out!"

Both the dragons heard her and saw a red dragon trying to hit them in full speed. Luckily, the both got out of the way just in time. Then few more dragons, up to three or four tried to do the same thing the first dragon did, but they managed to evade them too.

Getting back on the ground, Spike recognized the dragons before. "Oh no, it's Garble!" He shouted with horror."

"Well, I'm flattered you remember me, Spike." Garble mocked him. He and his gang of teenage dragons got on the ground, looking for a fight.

"What do you want, Garble?! Don't you have some gold to count?" Spike said. His friends, including Twilight and Ember agreed with him loudly, lashing out at the nasty teenage dragons.

"Yeah, go back to your homeland where you came, you big bunch of meatheads!" Rainbow lashed out.

"Ooh, tough talk, cupcake, but talk is cheap." Garble countered.

"Cupcake?! I'll show you, cupcake!" The cyan Pegasus was about to charge at the group of dragons in full zeal, but were stopped by a Fluttershy and Applejack.

"Anyway, we justwanted to say hello to Spike and princess Ember.... and then turn them into lunch meat!" Then he pounded his fists together in a wicked smile, looking as tough and scary as he could.

"No! Over my dead body! I'll never let you hurt my brother!" Twilight stepped up, willing to do anything to defend Spike at any cost.

"Neither will I!" Ember added. She cracked her knuckles, and then her neck.

"Pfft, don't think we'll go easy on you just because you're a girl." Garble noted. "Or you are the new dragon lord." He referred to Ember. "Come on, boys, let's give these weakling a beating." His cronies agreed and all charged to attack them all.

As both sides fought, Pinkie Pie was an annoyance to one of the teenage dragons, and he tried to punch, and claw her, but he would always miss. "You can't catch me!" Pinkie said cheerfully.

Applejack would use her mighty kicks to thrwart another.

At first, Fluttershy was scared of fighting these dragons, but she quickly realized that she must help her friends. Rainbow would help her take out the enemies they were fighting with, and seven Fluttershy would deliver a punch so hard, it would make their noses bleed.

"You will never hurt Spike, or any of my Friends!" The yellow Pegasus said "you will be sorry!"

"You tell him, Fluttershy. Let him have it!" Applejack cheered on for her.

Rarity used her magic to turn certain parts of the ground into ice, and her opponent would slip and fall comically. "Oh dear, you feel down, here, let me help you with that." Then she used her magic to make her enemy float in midair, and slammed him on the ground many times, with a loud thud every time he landed.

And finally, Twilight was fighting head-on with Garble, with Ember fighting alongside her. Garble was absolutely tough, and very tricky. He used a large amount of fire breath, but both the female dragons dodged as they flew in the air

"Come and get us, Bonehead!" Ember taunted

The red dragon instantly flew up in the air, and caught both of them off guard. It was just then Twilight felt something grab her as if she was being thrown by a comet from outer space. Garble was trying to plummet her to the earth, but Twilight was quick, and she blew fire in Garble's face, temporary blinding him

"Grrr! You'll pay for that!" He said in frustration. It was turning out to be an interesting grudge match between them, and they both clashed at each other again both of them would claw, bite, kick at one another, along with hitting each other with their tails like a whip

Just then, Garble had a surprise attack of his own as he breathed fire at her face. Then he punched her multiple times, causing minor injuries and was about to finish her off, when Ember came to the rescue by charging at him, and clawing him multiple times nonstop. She clawed him so much, that a few drops of blood were coming out of her wounds, and a few bruises were showing, including a black eye.

Having enough, Garble brutally kicked Ember back, being near-unconscious. Luckily, Teilight swooped down and saved her just in time before she could go splat. Garble turned his sights on Spike, who was watching the whole thing from below.

Garble charged at him full of zeal. He wanted to do such evil things to him like burn, bite, claw, beat, and slice him until nothing remained of him, and maybe eat him for lunch

Before aspike could fade his so-called end, immediately tackled Garble from above and threw him to the ground with a loud boom. The impact was so strong, that it made a crater.

Garble immediately got back up on his feet, and tried to fight back, but he realized that he had no more fight left in himself. He panted in exhaustion, and growled in a bitter way.

Twilight softly landed on the ground, making a stern look at him. "Listen Garble, no one will ever hurt Spike. He is my little brother and I will always love and protect him from anything that would try to harm him. Including you!"

Spike felt so touched by this and felt like shedding tears. Garble and his friends, feeling sore from the beating immediately got back in the sky, with the leader saying "This isn't the end of it! I'll be back!!" Then they were gone.

Spike immediately hugged Twilight in gratitude. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah. I think so. And you?"

"Uh huh. Thanks to you guys." Then Ember and the other mares joined in on the hug, with Ember being the last one to break up.

"We're so glad you're okay." Fluttershy said. "We were so worried."

"But don't worry, as long as we stay together, they won't be so much of a problem." Said Ember. Then she looked at Twilight. "Now that we have a good dragon with us." Twilight was so grateful and touched by the compliment and they both hugged one another. "Why don't we just call it a day. In the meantime, why don't I spend some time on Ponyville for a while."

"That would be great." Spike said.