• Published 2nd Mar 2017
  • 5,043 Views, 57 Comments

Twilight the Dragon - MetalBrony823



It's been a week since Twilight became a dragon so Spike can be happy without ever feeling alone, but it turns out being dragon is harder than she thought

  • ...
3
 57
 5,043

Help from Ember

In the castle, Twilight was grieving to herself about the accidents she caused in town while just shopping for groceries and such. Where she was; was in her bedroom, just laying on the floor on the large, room-wide carpet. While she was grieving and griping, she was swirling her first claw on the rug, sighing as she thought of how she can stand out to everything now that she was a dragon.

Just then, the door opened, and small footsteps echoed in the bedroom. "Twilight, are you okay?" It was Spike who came in. He circled around her, in front of her face to make eye contact with her.

Twilight sighed gloomily. "No." she replied modestly. "I do like being a dragon, but look at what i'm doing. I am causing damage around me, from damaging personal and public property, to causing minor or major injuries. I never meant for any of that to happen, i- I just don't know what's wrong with me." she felt like shedding a tear when she finished "I'm a monster."

Spike gave her a really sympathetic look. "Twilight," he said, walking closer to her face. The next thing he did was gently touch her warm face. "You're not a monster. You just need some.... help to say the least?"

"Like a therapist?" she asked

"No. Besides, it would cost a lot of bits." Spike said with a chuckle. He realized that Twilight was not laughing, and still looked gloomy. "Anyway, I think I know something that might help you out."

"Oh Spike," She sighed softly. "I really thank you for helping me, but I just need to be alone right now. I just wish that there was somepony or some dragon that can help me learn how to be an actual dragon."

"Look no further, Twilight." said a woman's voice.

Her eyes went wide, and she recognized it all too well. She immediately perked her neck up like a giraffe, and looked at her side. It was a dragon friend she and Rarity met while Spike was getting the Dragon Lord Spear and the Gauntlet of Fire. It was none other then "Princess Ember!" Twilight said with joy.

"Actually, it's Dragon lord Ember now." the blue dragon corrected. She warmly looked at the baby dragon "Thanks to Spike."

"Oh, you know." Spike flustered while smirking. "You know me."

"Wow, look at you. You turned yourself into quite a beautiful dragon. A little bigger than me, too. I'm quite impressed."

"What are you doing here?"

"Well, Spike sent me a letter and he said you wanted to be a dragon to make him feel better about his parents." Ember explained. "He said you could use some help in what being a dragon is like, and how to be like one. I figured since this dragon does friends, and I know you and Spike, I figured 'Why not?' so no need to look any further about help, because I am the best their is to help you, Twilight."

The purple pony-turned dragon smiled, and then looked at Spike in a warm type of expression. Obviously, she was really grateful for Spike to call on his new dragon friend to help Twilight overcome the obstacles of being a dragon. Then she turned back to Ember. "Thank you Ember. I would be more than happy if you showed me what it is like to be a dragon."

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear." Ember remarked proudly. "First things first, pull yourself together and stop blubbering."

"Right." Twilight immediately got back on her sadness and depression instantly vanished into thin air, like it was a sneeze or a cough just waiting to be out of her body. "Were do we start?" She asked in an upbeat tone of voice.

"Hmmm, well I think we should probably go somewhere where ponies can't get hurt while we're training." Ember pointed "we probably don't want anyone to be put in the hospital or be turned into pony kabobs."

Twilight chuckled. "That's a good idea. Want a ride on my back, Spike?"

"Sure, that would be fun." The baby dragon replied. Then Spike got on his big sister's back since he doesn't have any wings like the two female dragons did.

Like that, they flew into the sky, but Twilight was having a little trouble trying to fly the right way a dragon would. It was so much harder than being an Allicorn, and Rainbow Dash made it look easy. Of course, Princess Ember made it look so easy to show a dragon flying.

"Don't worry, Twilight!" Ember called to her. "Just concentrate and don't look down."

"Okay. Don't look down, don't look down." Twilight repeated herself as she was trying to concentrate her wings in action. Then she felt a strong gust of wind pushing against her dragon body. She was slowly rolling around, and accidentally looked at the ground below her.

Panicking, Twilight screamed and fell like a comet from outer space. Spike got separated and accidentally detached from her Luckily, Ember saved him by gently grabbing his small body to save him from falling to his doom.

Twilight suddenly worked her wings again, and regained altitude. Never has she felt so relieved then this moment. A fall from this high could have reduced her to a puddle, a large purple puddle with eyes on it.

"You okay?" Spike asked her

"That' was close."

"I know! I almost died."

"Calm down, Twilight. Just keep practicing your flying." Ember instructed. She turned her eyes on the baby dragon. "You okay, buddy?"

"Yeah thanks to you." Spike replied. He hugged her tightly and warmly.

"How do I hug you again?" Ember asked, trying to remember that gesture Spike gave him before.

"Just gently hold me close to you like i'm doing."

"Oh yeah." Then the blue dragon gently squeezed him affectionately. "Like this?"

"Yep! Perfect!"

Twilight was slowly starting to get used to this flying as a dragon thing. Turns out, it was pretty much the same as a pegasus would do it, except the wings are a little differently styled than bird wings. Nonetheless, Twilight was slowly starting to get better at this

"Doing good, Twilight! Doing good!" Ember gave her a thumb up to show her how great she was trying. "But don't get too cocky, there's still lots of things to learn."

"Got it! Can you show me how to breath fire and all that?"

'You got it!" Then they both continued flying to a place a little far away from Ponyville so they can start their practicing. This time, Spike was on Ember's back this time, just in case Twilight was having trouble again.