• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 589 Views, 9 Comments

Primordial Conflict - Jumping Jack



A young mare must journey Equestria in order to fulfill a universally unavoiadable fate along with seven others in order to prevent the disruption of universal law. All the while trying to prevent a dark force from acquiring their elements.

  • ...
1
 9
 589

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 19: Catlyn, The Swashbuckling Maiden

Chapter 19: Catlyn, The Swashbuckling Maiden

I sighed in annoyance. I was tied up with the rest of the Triad guards as the felines began to haul things overboard. The fat one overlooking the haul with a giant keg of ale on his shoulder. The lanky one eyed us carefully, twirling a dirk in his paw. He was sitting on the spool table. His eyes glinted in the light as he studied us. When his eyes came to me, he narrowed them. He must have seen the tell of me being a power element. But thankfully, they shouldn’t know about it right? Oh boy, how was I wrong.

“Well, well. We got a special case on board. And she’s a Triad too.” He said with a sly grin. I furrowed my brows while the other guards were too busy glaring at the catfolk. The lanky one stood up and gracefully glided over to me, bending down and looking me in the eye. “Indeed. There is fire in this one’s eyes. How interesting. Care to help me with something, little pony?” He asked. I didn’t say anything. But my look told him to get on with it. I have to play this cool. We’re undercover. The feline spun on his hind paws and flourished the dirk. “There’s been a strange case of world blues. Does it happen to tie with anything resulting in… let’s say… the fate of our world?” I winced a bit.

No way they are aware of the issue. But thankfully, it seemed to be something different.

“I’m just going on a hunch here. But that bearded pony made it quite clear how much our lives are in danger. So, it’s only right to mention that things are looking bad for the Triad.” One of the guards barked in my ear, causing me to wince as it was directly in my ear.

“Shut yer’ trap, furball! You dare insult the Triad?!” The mare guard barked. The feline was quick to zip up to the mare and stick the dirk under her chin.

“Why, yes. Your Triad has been nothing but a scourge to the seas and land. You try to force your way in and think you can dictate the rules of the sea?” His look was stoic. Almost threateningly so. “Not unless the Black Whiskers have anything to say about it. How’s the haul coming, Michael?” The fat one saluted.

“All set fer’ ransom, Kale! Left a neat little calling card to. A good ol’ Black Whiskers send off.” He said with a thick accent. I looked and saw some of the felines drawing on the ground. When they were finished, Kale cut our bound and withdrew a flintlock pistol. He grinned as he pointed at us with the barrel.

“Start walkin’, scum. Catlyn will know what to do with you lot.” He said. I took the lead, the other guards, seven in total, followed after me single file. The felines glared and chuckled at us as we walked back, one even jabbing his sword forward in a threatening manner. You’d hear tales of pirates in those grand bit novels. But I didn’t realize how accurate they were being. They forgot to mention Black Whiskers though. We found ourselves on the dinghy, forcing us to row back to their ship. Some distance away from the Triad cargo under the veil of darkness, a massive ship came into view. It was nearly as big as the cargo ship. Kale had us pull up to a rope ladder and aimed his pistol at us, forcing us to climb. Again, I took the lead.

When I reached the top, I was grabbed by the back of my outfit and thrown onto the deck, landing with an “Oof” on my stomach. I shook away my slight daze and looked up. I had to take a few steps back as I saw more and more felines. All genders and sizes, healthy and unhealthy with varying patterns and fur color. They hissed and meowed at me as the others finally arrived. I noticed the rest of the boarding crew wasn’t with us, only Kale and Michael.

“Easy, my fellow felines. I understand you all want a piece of Triad scum. But! We are hosts to our honored guests. We’re pirates, not savages.” He said with a twirl and his arms outstretched. “We have all the time in the world to play with our new toys! But first, let us hear what our fair Captain has to say.” He looked at us and backed away as the crowd began to separate. We saw a figure stand up from the shadows, piercing blue eyes glinting in the light as the figure stepped forward. When the figure stepped into the light, a slender pink feline with a white underbelly and long pink hair and bangs draped to her right side was revealed. Her magnificent red coat draped elegantly on her, followed by a frill blouse and collar. The feline had an eye patch that seemed be hidden under the long bangs. But it was her piercing blue aqua colored eyes that stuck out the most.

The feline eyed us. She grinned and reached behind her belt, withdrawing a saber while the other one on her belt side was withdrawn to be a cutlass. This cutlass stuck out to me as unique. It had a sapphire gem embedded into the hilt of the blade, the blade curving up to give off an water like vibe. Then, our eyes locked and we tensed. We were suddenly falling from the sky, tumbling before hitting the water with a loud splash.

The feline had held her breath, but she seemed to realize this isn’t actual water. I knew it as well, not holding my breath in the moment we ended up here. The feline looked around, startled before her eye fell on me. It widened in realization. Suddenly, we were being pulled by a current. A very strong one. We flailed and spun out of control as a massive whirlpool began to form next to us.

Welcome, dear sister. It has been so long since I’ve seen you. A soothing voice echoed out. Me and the feline were pulled into the center of the whirlpool where we were now floating calmly. I balked, seeing a massive form of a spectral, swirling water blob in the shape of an alicorn. The alicorn stood up and unfolded its' coral wings. You as well, dear vessel. It is good to see you again. I felt a burning sensation and I tensed, groaning as the fire around me began to rise and swirl in front of us. The spectral image of Din stood before us, looking up at her sister. She grinned.

Aquarius. How painfully dull it is to see you. Care to debate about the meaning of the life in the water or are you just going to bore me with your bubble collection? Din said. I mouthed the word “bubble collection” quizzically. I noticed the feline was looking between all of us, unsure of what to take in. She then spoke up.

“Hold on. She’s Din?!” The feline stated, pointing at Din. I snorted.

“Unfortunately.” I said, rather irritated with being thrown into this again. You see one power element, you’ve seen them all. However, the way Aquarius introduced herself was rather… serene. Din smirked, reading my mind.

Don’t let this one fool you, vessel. Aquarius is just as much crazy as Gaia and I. Only, she uses her words more than lifting a hoof to do anything. She pat her chest, looking over to me from her shoulder. Wounds, dear vessel. I slumped and shook my head. Aquarius eyed us before speaking.

You’re a curious one, vessel of Din. You appear to not fear me. she said. Din cackled.

She’s practically wetting herself as usual. I hissed at Din.

“Shut up, Din!” I looked up to Aquarius. Her size was massive. I gulped but managed to take a step forward. I don’t know what came over me, but for some reason, I wasn’t as terrified anymore. “If you must know, Aquarius. I’m just waiting on the moment you decide to have your vessel attack me and cause the ships to be sunk.” I stated. The feline balked and was quick to get up in front of me, her eye glinting. I could see it in her iris. The swirling wave like water.

“Aquarius would never betray the Lion’s Mane, the proud ship of Labyrinthia!” She hissed. Din cackled before wiggling a hoof at Aquarius.

Well done, sister. The unfortunate soul has full faith in you. She said with a disgusted look. The feline glared at Din.

“I do not fear you, cur! I am Catlyn! Swashbuckling Maiden of the High Seas! Captain of the Lion’s Roar and-“ Din gave a disgusted groan.

Ugh, why does it have to be so disgusting with all that fur? Better not get too wet, vessel. I hear a cat’s fur can’t dry so easily. She said, sticking a snake like tongue out. Catlyn unsheathed her weapons and aimed them in a cross manner at Din’s neck. Din smirked. I like her. You picked a fiery one this time, sister. Aquarius made a small nodding motion.

It pleases me to hear that from you. I was dumbfounded. I feel like the roles were reversed. Aren’t we supposed to be fighting? No, this is different. This is new. Luna’s words resonated in me. Befriend the hosts. Not the elements. Din eyed me and grinned. A flash of Ouroboros popped into my head along with those words. Befriend your elements. They are key to our survival. I groaned and shot Din a glare.

“Alright, what’s going on here then? Are we going to kick things off with a bang or are we going to have some words?” I growled. Catlyn eyed Din.

“That’s what I’d like to know too.” Catlyn said coldly. Din hummed in thought before walking through the blades and phasing through Catlyn, standing behind her in full spectral form.

You sense her too, Aquarius. Our elder sister. She began. Catlyn looked at Din with disbelief as Aquarius nodded.

I have been tracking her for sometime now. Those Triad mortals are a good lead. I shook my head.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, hold up!” I said, hooves raised. “More questions just keep popping up. What do the Triad have to do with us? The Power Elements? I thought Thi said they weren’t aware of our powers.” I stated. Aquarius sighed.

I do not know fully, but my dear vessel has been hunting the Triad for as long as she can remember. I plan on helping her in order to find our elder sister. I eyed both Aquarius and Catlyn. I then pulled Catlyn aside, surprising her as I did.

“Captain Catlyn. You can’t trust the words of a power element. They do not care for our well beings. Aquarius may seem… different, but she’s just the same. Take it from when Din and Gaia fought in the canyon. You need to ignore Aquarius’s words. They’ll only lead you down a destructive path.” I explained. Catlyn pulled away from me and hissed.

“Do not begin to tell me how I sail my seas! I will do whatever I damn well please against the Triad!” She said. I shook my head and gave her a pleading look.

“Catlyn, I saw what is on that ship. I have a feeling you’re planning on using Aquarius to attack the ship. It isn’t just a cargo ship! It’s a prison ship too! With thousands of trapped creatures big and small inside of it! You destroy it and you’ll kill them all.” I said. I must have hit the nail on the head. Catlyn’s eyes widened and looked to Aquarius and Din, who were eyeing us with interest. She bit her lip before looking back at me.

“Are you sure?” She asked. “How can I trust the words of a Triad?” I forgot I was wearing the officer suite. I removed my outfit, revealing my hoodie under neath.

“I’m Quiet Fire. I come from Ponyville. And just like you, I’m swept up in this balance instability. Me and my friends snuck on board to run intel, but now I’m separated from them.” I began. Aquarius hummed, catching our attention.

Vessel, perhaps you should aid Din’s vessel before your group does anything rash. Aquarius said. Din rolled her eyes.

They keep poking us with those swords. she said. We blinked and I found myself staring at the end of a plank. I yelped and was about to back away when I felt something jab me in the back. I looked to see Kale eyeing me coldly. He cocked back the pistol, only to stop when Catlyn shouted:

“Stop yer’ grubbin’, sea fairers!” She said. Kale looked back at her and I saw the other Triad ponies looking at us with uncertainty. Catlyn sheathed her weapons and pointed to me. “Leave that one alive. We’ll take the others down to the cells.” Michael balked.

“Cap’n? What happened to ye’? You were in a trance the moment you locked eyes with that there pony.” He said as a group of felines were leading the rest of the group down below. Catlyn sighed and tapped her sword’s pommel.

“I’ll explain once we head to my quarters. Kale, get everyone back to their duties. We are still on for the dawn raid.” She said. Kale bowed.

“With pleasure, Captain.” He said. Catlyn motioned with her head for me to follow. I followed the two felines as they led me through the Lion’s Mane. It almost felt like a sea fairing city. Four stories of canons, cargo, cells included and crew quarters. We went down to the middle floor and walked to the very end of the busy room and came up to a set of red velvet doors. She opened the doors and I stepped into a cabin like room. A big self portrait of a feline hung behind a red clawed chair. A bed hugged the wall with a desk and foot chest at the end of it. In the other side was a stack of loot and gold. Catlyn hopped over the desk and landed in the chair, kicking back in it.

“Now then, Quiet Fire. You say you are from Ponyville, but you dress in Triad attire?” She began as Michael closed the door behind us. I nodded and removed the outfit. It felt nice to be out of a uniform. Celestia forbid I had to do that everytime if my parents had it their way.

“Like I said. Me and my friends are trying to track down what the Triad are up too and how they are slowly getting themselves involved with the balance instability.” I explained. “I was disguised as a guard so I can scout the place out. We’ve already placed ourselves in.” I sighed. “But I wasn’t accounting for sea fairing pirates to attack a Triad ship.” Catlyn rubbed her chin.

“But you also say it isn’t a cargo ship. But a full-on prison carrier as well?” She asked. Michael scratched his head.

“‘Scuse me, ma’rm. But eh… what happened between you two? You jus’… froze and stared off into space. Like you was in a trance.” Michael asked. Catlyn eyed me.

"I would like to know that as well." she said. I rubbed my foreleg and sighed.

"I'm... not sure how it happens. It's only happened to me one other time and that was in Red Canyon." I began. Michael cocked a brow.

"You was in Red Canyon? 'Eard about that bein' a site where mother nature was angry for whatever reason." he said. I nodded.

"I'm... guessing it's everywhere on the news." I said. Catlyn tapped the radio on her desk. It looked old fashioned.

"I listen to what goes on with land lubbers. Right bit of strange business Appleloosa was. They have been talking about how a pony and a griffon went at it like the gods themselves were clashing." She looked at me. "That was you, then." I didn't hesitate. I nodded.

"Yeah... that was. And the griffon is named Sharp Eye. Well, her real name is Gwyen. She's the bearer of Gaia. The one of earth." I stated. Catlyn and Michael exchanged glances before Catlyn started to sit normally, her paws together as she leaned forward.

"Then start explaining." she said. I told them everything. How I ended up becoming the bearer of fire on New Years. How I ended up going on this adventure with my friends. What we've done before and after Gaia. I even told them how our fight to put Gaia in her place was, in her words, exactly like gods clashing. Yet, we were never in control of ourselves. Catlyn seemed to contemplate upon hearing this. When I finished about how we ended up on the Triad ship, Catlyn tapped her paw stub against her other paw. Her eye closed in thought. Michael was shaking his head in disbelief.

"Yer' right. It does sound crazy. Hehe, hell! You should be in Tartarus for that kind o' crazy talk!" Michael said with a slight guffaw. Catlyn opened her eye and it gleamed in the light.

"So, your friends are trying to figure out what the Triad are doing and how they tie to... our gifts?" she stated. I twisted my hoof in a so-so manner.

"We don't think they are fully aware of who the seven are. But we know for a fact they are aware of what is going on." I said. Catlyn sighed.

"Then it is as we thought. Michael, the chest." Catlyn ordered. Michael saluted before digging through a cabinet and withdrawing a small, jeweled chest. He placed it on her desk in front of her and she opened it. She withdrew what appeared to be... files and paper? I cocked my head quizzically at the reveal. She then tossed them onto her desk and I saw the papers lay out before me. I scanned the documents. "We've been tailing the Triad for years now. Ever since they decided to push their territory out into the sea, they've been trying to close off the waters to free spirits like us." She looked over her shoulder to the portrait of the feline. "My great grandmother used to be the captain of the Lion's Mane way back in the days. The Triad had made themselves enemies of our crew when they decided to plunder our very own treasure from her. She lost a lot of good felines in that battle. Lately, that job has been passed down to me."

She tapped the documents. "We managed to loot this a few years back. They've been secretly harboring and smuggling prisoners from all over the world, either recruiting them or torturing the royalty. They yearn to gather as much magical power as possible, so they tend to pop up in old ancient ruins. One such was the one my grandmother tried to get the treasure from." I rubbed my chin, eyeing the documents.

"And the reason for it is because they want to rule Equestria in typical shadow organization fashion?" I asked. Catlyn kicked back in the chair.

"To the tee." she said. "They are very old school villain but with more brutality this time around. Ever since word got out about these Elements of Power and their bearers, the Triad has made it their sole mission to seek out these seven for their own personal gain. Whether to study, torture or recruit, maybe all three. One thing we know is, they are involving a lot of innocents." I bowed my head.

"And here I thought Thi was being over exaggerative." I darted my eyes in thought. "Listen, if I can get back to my friends, I'll let them know what's going on. We'll help you free those prisoners and... uhh... maybe some of the dangerous creatures. In return, you get to take whatever you please from the ship and we gain safe passage to the Marsh Lands." I said. Michael laughed.

"Now why ye' be wantin' to go to the Marsh Lands for? Nothin' there but skulls an' crossbones now." he said. I blinked and looked at him with concern. Catlyn flourished her paw in gesticulation.

"The Marsh Lands have been rather dangerous as of late. They have been before, but now, I hear it's a wasteland. All the life is gone and the marsh is just... dry. No water to be had." She explained. I furrowed my brows. Catlyn's eye glinted at me. "Though, I admire your somewhat courageous effort ta' wanting to go there. But... you shouldn't really." I shook my head.

"I... I wish I could go back, but I've been tasked with finding the Elements of Power and one of them is in the Marsh Lands. As much as I hate to say it, I have to get there." Catlyn closed her eye in thought at my response. She then glanced at a clock overhead and stood up.

"Michael. Prep the crew for the raid. Me an' the pony need to plan something out here." she said. Michael scratched his whisker softly.

"Yer' sure?" he asked. Catlyn smiled and nodded.

"Of course, old friend. My mother and father are smiling down on us. By next dawn, the Triad will be at the bottom of Scallywag's Locker." She then looked at me as Michael saluted and rushed out, shouting at the top of his lungs.

"Alright, ye' sorry lot! Man the canons and prepare yerselves for the fight of yer' life! We ready at first sun rise!!" he exclaimed, followed by a cheer and song before the door closed. Catlyn looked back at me.

"The prisoners down below the hold. Have you've... seen a feline that looks almost like me? He has blue fur, slender and handsome features, but is no younger than a kitten?" she asked. I gave her a confused look. I shut my eyes, trying to think back to the amount of creatures trapped on that ship. When none stood out, I sighed and shrugged.

"I don't know. There were a lot of creatures on that ship. I'm hoping nothing bad is happening right now to them." I smiled then. "But that's okay. We have a plan set and we are ready to execute it when things go south." Catlyn cocked a brow.

"And that is?" she replied. I pat my chest with a determined look.

"We take over the ship, beat up the baddies and save the day as usual." I said. Catlyn tossed her head back, laughing before sticking her paw out.

"I like yer' guts, pony. I'll make ye' a deal. You scratch my back and I'll scratch yours. You'll get your safe passage. Once we find my special treasure and stick it to those Triad shaets ta' not mess with the free spirits of the High Seas. Deal?" She asked. I nodded and stuck my hoof out, the feline shaking it.

"Deal. So, what's the plan cap'n?" I said with a smile.


The hours went by in a strange way. I never thought I would be hanging out with pirates while we readied with the ship. I got to learn sea lingo as I call it and how to tie a proper knot. I even got to show off my fighting skills thanks to several doubting I could even handle a fight, being a pony and all. When the five were crawling away from me as I stood victorious, I was given a cheer and applause. Having gained this newfound mutual respect for the Black Whiskers and myself of their ways, I happily took a drink of ale and sang sea shanties while hoisting crates to and back, using my newfound clones (to everycat's surprise) to help out. This was a complete drastic one eighty compared to what goes on in the Triad ship. But the more I thought back to it, the more I began to worry. It was going to be dawn soon and when the festivities were coming to a close, I leaned over the side of the port bow and sighed, the cold, sea air blowing my mane and hoodie. I tossed on my hood and adjusted it comfortably before hearing someone approach me. I looked to see Kale, the lanky feline lean coolly next to me and staring out into the sea.

"Where the wind blows and the sun rises, does our spirit carry on." he said. I peeked out from my hood to him.

"Huh?" Kale smiled at me.

"Just something my pa' used to say when he first was a part of this crew. Feels like ages since the crew were in this high spirits. I think having you along really boosted the roar of the Lion Mane." he said. I sighed and looked ahead out into the sea.

"It's not just me. Everycat here has complete faith in Catlyn. She's so young but she's able to lead like a true ruler." I chuckled. "I feel like Twilight could learn a thing or two about it. At least some notes. I doubt she would be the plundering type." Kale rubbed his chin.

"Your pony ways are very odd. Perhaps that is why Labyrinthia remains a neutral off set island. We don't have a ruler. We have a... voting system as to what some call it. No one really dictates what goes on there." He said. I snickered.

"What, like a president?" I asked. Kale chuckled.

"Not precisely, but in a way, yes. Let's just say, we are usually out in the seas come adolescence. Only the retired remain back on the island. Having two rulers just sound a little too much." he said. I shrugged.

"Four actually. Princess Cadence and Princess Twilight. One is ruling the Crystal Empire in the Frozen North and the other is a ruler in training." I explained. Kale seemed a little intrigued by this.

"Really? Then I guess I'm glad to be out in the sea." he said. I looked at him.

"So, what strives you to remain with the Lion's Mane? Aren't pirates technically... gray in loyalty?" I asked. Kale chuckled.

"We are loyal to whoever we please. For me, it's my life to Catlyn's parents. They took me in when I was on the verge of death. And I've served the Lion's Mane since. Catlyn has really come a long way from when she first took over." he snickered. "She couldn't tell star board from port bow. She didn't even know how to tie a sailor's knot." He smiled. "It was a lot of work for her to live up to her parent's legacy, but I think she's coming into her own just fine. The crew believe so as well." I hummed in thought.

"So, I feel like I should ask her directly, but how did she come into being a bearer of a power element?" I asked. Kale's smile faded and his thoughts seemed to take over. His contemplative look telling a different story. I sighed and bowed my head. "Yeah, not my place to ask someone else. I should really just ask her directly, but she's too busy with the raid prep and I don't want to cause something to happen that'll ruin the whole raid." Kale cast a sideways glance and a cool smile.

"I appreciate your consideration. But..." he then leaned fully over the railing, sighing. "On the new dawn of the new year, we had just finished looting an ancient tomb said to house the once evil Katrina. A powerful witch that tried to enslave ponies from centuries ago. Some say she was redeemed, but others believe she put a curse on the island upon her passing. Thankfully, it was only a skeleton and a bounty worth a full ship. Catlyn ended up taking a locket that she later opened to reveal an aqua marine gem inside of it. But we've noticed that she has been acting strange ever since we left the island." He motioned with his paw out. "She began to have nightmares of being pulled into the ocean, a creature forming itself into an alicorn and talking to her. I've... never seen her so terrified aside from when she lost her parents. Eventually, she began to talk to herself, making the crew question if the curse was real or not. We've also been hit with a lot of bad waves and storms lately as well. The crew has been double timing it ever since."

I furrowed my brows. That definitely sounds like a primordial effect in place. Kale tapped his paw against the railing as he continued.

"Lately, she's been... making a lot of brash decisions. We don't normally mess with the Triad, but ever since they took her brother, who we all thought was long dead, this... creature has been feeding her these tales that he is alive and well. That she would find him if we found 'the light'." Kale sighed. "Michael and I have tried our best to keep her calm and focused, but she's made up her mind that we should go after the Triad in hopes of finding her brother who had been missing since they were kittens." I gave him a concerned look. "The best we can do is just follow her orders and try to not get her killed along with the crew." I smiled and pat his paw arm reassuredly.

"I... can sympathize with that." I said. Kale looked at me. I held out my hoof to the ocean. "I never wanted any of this to happen. I wanted to live a normal life in Ponyville. Just do my job and sleep and drink for the rest of the time I had left. Ever since New Years, I've been forced into this quest to find the seven power elements in order to save our world from total balance instability. Ouroboros has made it clear that since I'm his favorite, I should go out and be the hero the world needs." I sighed and rubbed the back of my hooded head. "But... I don't want to be one. Sure, I've saved plenty of lives since the Red Canyon incident with my friends to back me up. But I find my enjoyment in being a lazy ass at home and only doing what I want to do." Kale smiled.

"Sounds like the folks were too strict." he said. I nodded.

"You aren't off from that. Ever since I was in a high education school in Hoofington, my folks got tired of me just being contempt me and started to shape me into being the next Canterlot Guard. I... had mixed feelings about it. I wasn't so ready to go in a fight or had a drinking problem until after my fallout with them. They wanted me to succeed, but I didn't want their success. I wanted mine. And I left once I graduated to attend Celestia's School for Gifted Unicorns." I slumped. "Of course, I flunked so hard. I later found out it was intentional." Kale cocked a brow.

"How can you flunk being gifted in conjuring full functioning clones without burnout?" he asked. I shrugged.

"That's the thing. I'm not gifted in arcane. I only know the basics. The only real mastery I have is illusion. And I haven't done any magic tricks and my cloning spell has never been... well... tempered. But now, I can summon three of me! And I used to get a full-blown headache for just doing one." I curled my hoof back, as if I was clutching the air. "These Elements of Power seem to enhance our abilities. I feel a surge of power when I use Din's magic. But that's only if she chooses I can use it. Mine isn't so willing to part ways with me using her powers." I looked to Kale, concern in my expression. "Aquarius couldn't care less about who she is putting at risk. If she's trying to sway Catlyn's judgement to look for her brother, then that could only lead to you all being hunted down by the Triad and probably suffering a worst fate than banishment." I pointed at him. "We have to stop Catlyn from going any further from following Aquarius's lies after the raid."

"Lies?" a voice said. I looked back with Kale in surprise as Catlyn stood behind us. She dropped a tankard to the ground and her eyes shot daggers into my own. She stomped over quickly and got up into my face, causing me to shrink beneath her. "How dare you think that my brother isn't alive! Aquarius has shown me his soul! It burns brighter still! He's alive! And I will not stop until he is brought back to the Lion's Mane!" she hissed. Kale looked between us with worry before stepping between me and her.

"Captain, please. I-" Kale had his paw batted away as Catlyn jabbed him in the chest.

"How could you, Kale?! I trusted you to keep that information private! You gave me your word! And you told a... a... pony about it?!" She growled and stepped away from us. "I can't believe you. Both of you. Here I thought the winds turned in my favor, but now it seems I have to rethink our little arrangement." she shot a glare at Kale. "And someone's loyalty." I balked.

"Catlyn, please! You have to listen to me!" I stated as Catlyn began to storm off down the steps. I rushed over to the steps, continuing. "Aquarius isn't out for your wellbeing! She's just using you to her own benefit! You have to trust me!" Catlyn stopped halfway and let out a catlike growl as she waved at me sharply in dismissal.

"Shut up, pony! After the day is over, you are on your own! The Marsh Lands can have your sorry little heads for all I care!" she hissed. I grit my teeth as my frustrations were rising. I cantered down the steps, bouncing off of the side of the ship edge and landing in front of her.

"Catlyn, you have to understand! If you follow Aquarius, she will kill everyone! Gaia nearly killed in Appleloosa and Din nearly killed my friends! You can't keep following a primal's words!" Catlyn withdrew her saber and pointed it at me. She was aiming it up however, but I gapped when I saw the barrel of a gun underneath the hilt. She flicked her paw thumb down, cocking the weapon.

"Know your place, pony. This is my crew. This is my ship! And I will not have any treason or anyone telling me what I can and can't do!" She aimed up into the sky and fired off a shot, catching the attention of everyone on board. "Get your asses into gear, shaets! We got a ship to sink!" She then aimed the actual blade at me. "An' lock this one up with the rest of the scum. She's overstayed her welcome." I felt a couple of paws grab my shoulders and begin to lead me away. I tried my best to maintain eye contact.

"Catlyn! You're making a big mistake! There are lives at stake! Innocent lives! You have to believe me! Aquarius isn't to be trusted!" I shouted out. I saw Kale looking on in disbelief between me and Catlyn, who was eyeing me with such anger. I found myself being pushed past the crowd, who were showing mixed emotions to it all. They led me deep down into the ship and as I stepped into a cell, I turned around as the door locked and saw the Triad ponies who were with me, looking bored or frustrated with their capture. When the feline's walked away, I bucked the cage and sighed, sitting down.

"Way to mess it all up, ey' kid?" I heard a voice say. I looked over my shoulder. I wasn't really in the mood to deal with anything. My main concern was getting out of here and getting back to my friends. What's worse is that now I have to deal with Aquarius. One of the Triad ponies leaned against the cage, her eyes looking at me with a grin. "Had fun at the party? Heard it was a real hoot n' nanny while we were stuck down here, rotting." she said. I wiggled my hoof dismissively at her.

"Eat it, blowhard. You deserve it anyway." I said. Another pony from inside the mare's cell chuckled.

"Is that anyway to treat the right hand of the captain?" the stallion asked. I looked over and squinted my eyes. She was a tattered mess, but an old looking mare who looked young enough. Her white mane frazzled by what I assume was the air in here and her sailor outfit hugged closed to her green coat. Her horn glowed as to make light of the room. I shrugged.

"Dunno. Should I really care?" I stated. The stallion stood up, growling at me.

"You watch your tone, rookie! Marrow Bone would enjoy having you as company once we get back onto our ship." he growled. I snorted and gave a cocky grin.

"What, are you going to keep her bed warm too? Like that'll ever happen, tiger. She has a doghouse for you anyway." I said. The stallion flared but the mare guffawed.

"Bawhahaha! I like your spunk kid. You seem to know a thing or two about handling yourself. Say... you could perhaps, help us out?" she asked. I squinted my eyes at her suspiciously. "You got real close to the captain before you... took a shot in her grail. Did she happen to show you anything... unusual? Let's say... some classified documents?" I hummed in thought. Maybe... this can work in my favor.

"She did. Why do you want them back? They were just logs of the Triad's history of shipping slaves and missing creature reports." I stated. She beamed before tapping the cage bar with a hoof.

"Ahh, but did she have another important document? One that could be really bad for the Triad, should it ever get out?" she asked. I shrugged.

"Dunno. Maybe. I only scanned what I thought was important at the time." I said. The mare turned to the others.

"We have our golden goose, troops." She turned back to me. "Let's cut a deal. We break you out of this sorry excuse of a ship and steal back those documents. In return, we'll grant you safe passage to wherever you want to go. And perhaps some real paying jobs in the process?" she then held up a ring of keys. I looked to her horn and rolled my eyes. How could anycreature account for unicorns in a cell without proper planning? I then rubbed my chin, pretending to ponder the idea before smirking and standing up.

"Alright. But we'll have to do so at dawn. They plan on raiding the ship then. We'll be able to sneak in and take them back, cause a bit of trouble here and there for the lack of manpower behind this ship and no one will be the wiser. Just think, if you can manage to take in the captain of the Black Whiskers without them knowing, you'll have plenty of stuff to plunder and even show to your higher ups. You'll be promoted to more than just captain of a cargo ship." I said. The mare grinned, twirling the keys in her magic.

"Deal. Best not lag behind, rookie."


The sun began to rise up over the waters. From my side, looking out the window, I could see the Triad ship not too far off. They were trailing it all night. There was a slight jerk of the ship and we were soon facing towards them. I looked to the other ponies in the cell.

"Alright. It's almost time. When we hear the fighting start, we'll make our move." I said. A look of worry shot over me. I hope my friends won't get too caught up in this conflict. I have to get back to them. I have to stop this whole thing from spiraling into another catastrophe. We waited with bated breath, our ears flicking here and there for any sign of noise. For what felt like an hour has passed, that's when we heard a siren and the shouts of pirate cries and the thumping of paws. The Triad ponies looked at each other and nodded. The mare went to work on unlocking the cell doors. When they opened theirs's up, she went over to mine and unlocked it. She withdrew a flint lock pistol from her coat and tossed me it. I caught it in my magic and looked at the device. I never even thought of myself holding one, let alone firing one. I stepped out of my cell and saw that the Triad ponies were quick to raid some of the crates. When they were unable to find anything, one of the Triad ponies took a board and smacked a rusty lock off of cage. It was an armory. They grabbed swords and rifles before taking cover just in case anyone got wise. I reached for a cutlass and hummed in thought. Thinking otherwise, I put it back and reached for a strange looking dagger. It seemed dull and part of the blade broken. This would work. I don't want to harm the Black Whiskers if I can.

I took a thigh holster for the dagger and sheathed it before stepping out. The mare cocked a brow at me.

"Your funeral, kid." She then turned to the others. "Alright, troops. When the canon fire lessens, we'll make our move." she said, just as the ship began to rattle and shake with canon fire. I heard the siren from the cargo ship and took a peek out the window. I watched in awe as part of the ship seemed to bring up giant canons. They aimed at the Lion's Mane and began to fire back. There was loud whistling and the ship shook as some of the shells struck the Lion's Mane. I nearly lost my footing from the impact but caught myself before taking cover behind the wall. The shouting above told me they were fast at work patching up the damages. This ship has a lot of crew. The canon fire felt like it went on for a while. Suddenly, the ship began to jerk. We were turning. The mare growled. "Alright, everypony. Let's show these cavity flea bags what it means to mess with the Triad." she said. I let them take point as they marched up the stairs. The mare suddenly yelled and fired off a shot. I balked, feeling myself step out to stop it, but I stopped myself. I grit my teeth and growled. No, I have to get back to my friends. I have to... I have to keep myself on track. I frowned, really hating myself now. I followed after the last one, crouching low and not springing into action. I saw the Triad engaging with some of the manned canons, making quick work of some while others fought back.

I danced around the fighting. Scurrying my way through cries and yells of violence around me. Stay on track, Fie. Stay on track! I grit my teeth, trying to drown out the fighting. I am really hating being grey. I have to help the Black Whiskers, but I'm an enemy to them as well. What the hell can I do? A thought occurred to me. If I can get to Catlyn, get her to stop her rash actions from getting the rest of the crew killed, I can still turn this around! I looked back when I reached the steps to the next level. I could see that everyone was having trouble with one or the other while some were still firing off the canons. The mare growled as she had one feline in a choke hold and looked at me.

"Don't mess this up, rookie! Get those documents!" She barked. I growled and crept quickly up the steps. I could see another row of felines manning canons and rushing to and back. This was going to be tricky. Unless... I smiled and imagined myself splitting into three. When I opened my eyes, I looked back to see my three clones grinning at me. I nodded and motioned for them to rush out. When they did, they caught the attention of several felines, who were getting ready to pounce. When they did, I ordered them to erupt into smoke. A series of loud pops sounded and the room was filled with smoke. I made my move, dancing around disoriented felines and even tripping a couple. I made it to the other set of steps and made my way up. There were less felines here, but they still were doing the same thing as the other levels. This ship was massive. But simple in where to go. I ducked behind barrels and crates, waiting for some to pass by before scurrying to the next one. Suddenly, the wall I had just past exploded and there was a chorus of screams. I looked back to see a missing chunk out of the ship. Another series of loud cracks of wood happened around us.

"Patch any of the holes up! Keep firing men!" I heard a voice shout. I looked at the hole with worry. Just moments ago there were felines there.

Nothing you can do now. I nodded to the voice in my head. I took a deep breath and ignoring the shells whistling over the ship and hitting us, I made my way up to the last story set before the top side. I noticed there was hardly any feline on this floor. Perfect. I briskly cantered past by a couple of more holes where the shells had hit the ship. I then bumped into something and fell back on my haunches.

"What the? How did you get out!?" a voice said. I looked up and saw one of the crew members, who seemed to be getting ready to head top side. He growled and dropped his weapons, pulling out a blade. I hopped back a bit and brought out my quarterstaff, taking my stance after flourishing it. The feline growled. "Time to put you in yer' place, pony." he hissed. I smirked and swished my tail challengingly. The feline pirate yelled at me and swung his blade. I easily batted it to the side, planting the staff in the ground and vaulting, planting both of my hindhooves into his chest, causing him to sail back and crash into the wall. Before the cat could recover from it, I brought the staff around and bonked him on the head. He comically looked at me in a daze before passing out slumped up against the wall. Withdrawing my staff, I rushed up the steps and ducked just in time as a shell whizzed by my head. I saw a line of felines taking aim and firing their guns onto the cargo ship. Looking past them, I could see several of the felines engaging on the cargo ship with some of the Triad. Each side dealing blow after blow to each other.

I winced in reaction as I saw a paw reach out to me, only to see it was Kale, looking at me with concern.

"Catlyn is already on board. The captain of the ship goaded her into attacking her head on. I don't know where she is, but she's in trouble." he said, helping me up. I nodded.

"Then we have to find her. I have to look for my friends as well. They'll help out as much as they can." I said as Kale and I rushed over to the side of the ship. He withdrew his dirk and I held onto him. He held onto me as he cut the rope, grabbing it as we then swung across the roaring sea beneath us. When we got to the cargo ship, he let go and I rolled in my landing, going straight into an immediate swipe of my hindleg as I saw a couple of Triad guards rushing to us. I tripped the pony before dashing straight into the other one, headbutting the pegasus with my horn before spinning and bucking her down the stairs. I looked over to see Kale with cutlass in paw, flourish his blade and in a lightning quick fashion, dispatched several guards advancing us. I was in awe at his skill. I looked back and heard a familiar voice.

"Come on! You want some? I'm the widow maker!" Thi's voice shouted over the crowd. I cantered down the steps and turned the corner to see Thi swing her bat into the chin of a Triad pony before turning to bat a feline pirate in the stomach, causing the feline to lurch forward. She brought the bat back and with a loud clack, sent the feline into the wall. I smiled and galloped over to her.

"Thi!" I called out. Thi turned around, ready to fight before her look turned to recognition. She beamed and slugged me on the shoulder when I got close to her.

"There's my girl! Had fun with the pirates?" she asked. I looked at her in desperation.

"That's the thing! We need to get the others together! I found Aquarius. She's with the captain of the Black Whiskers! She's on this ship! We have to stop her from getting killed!" I stated. Thi's look turned to one of seriousness. She nodded.

"Cloudchaser is fighting somewhere below deck. Flitter and Scribble are probably still in the office quarters. Sharp Eye is staying below the prison area to keep every creature safe. If I find the others, I'll let them know!" Thi said as she began to gallop past me. I nodded and turned, rushing forward and having to shield myself. Oh no... I looked up as the clouds began to darken. Rain began to pour in. Hard. Yet, the loud fire of the canons and the clashing of swords and others stuff rang throughout the ship. I grit my teeth and rush down the steps and made my way to the next level of the ship. I saw a group of Triads beginning to run up the same steps I was descending. I shot out my hoof, jumping as my staff appeared, making a makeshift horizontal bar for me to swing off of, which I then bucked the first Triad in the face, causing the others to fall down the steps. I landed deftly on my hooves, sheathing the staff and continuing my pace. I looked around, skirting past some of the felines that managed to make their way down here. I then ran across a walkway and looked down. I saw Cloudchaser.

She was surrounded by felines. She eyed them as she maintained her stance. I grit my teeth and was getting ready to vault over to help her, but when they rushed her, she flapped her wings once, hopping over the one behind, the felin landing on their belly before proceeding to stomp their head with her hindhooves before zipping past another pair of felines. They lashed out their cutlasses, but I saw Cloudchaser do a majestic twirl in the air, avoiding the two blades, landing on her hooves deftly and sliding a bit aways before flapping her wings, taking a sideways stance. She glided over to the felines, kicking one in the back before curling into a ball and throwing her weight into the other hoof, smacking the other feline across the head. When she landed, she then flapped her wings again, gliding underneath the taller feline rushing her. When he went to bend down to look between his legs, she then smirked and spun around, bucking the feline straight into the jewels. I winced, seeing the feline clutch himself and slumping to the ground. With the felines incapacitated, I felt my heart soar as my cool mare came out victorious. I then vaulted over the railing, landing on the sloped railing of the stairs that led down to where she was and slid down them before deftly landing and cantering over to her.

"CC, that was amazing!" I stated happily. Cloudchaser perked up and beamed.

"Fie, you're okay!" She said. I don't know what came over me, but I went to hug her, which took her by complete surprise. I quickly pulled away, blushing and clearing my throat as Cloudchaser rubbed the back of her head.

"S-sorry. Got too caught up in the moment." I blinked and shook my head. "L-listen. These felines aren't bad creatures. They have a vendetta against the Triad. I have to find their captain. Did you happen to see where she went?" I asked, looking around. Cloudchaser cocked a brow.

"Whoa, slow down, Fie. What's going on here? The whole ship is in chaos!" she stated. I nodded.

"I'll explain later. We have to find the captain! Where's Sharp Eye?" I asked. Cloudchaser pointed down the ramp.

"She's still in the prison hold. I gave her the key, but I think she's just waiting it out to see if there will be anymore trouble before making a move." she explained. I smiled before turning and galloping towards the direction.

"Meet up with Thi up deck! Find Scribble and Flitter! We're going to put an end to this ordeal!" I shouted back to her.

"Becareful, Fie!" she called out. Don't worry, CC. You'll get to see this pretty cool mare soon. Ignoring my in the moment thought, I had to slow myself a bit as I heard hoofsteps galloping up the ramp. I looked around and ducked behind a crate that was a little too small for anypony to hide behind. But I must have passed off as not important as the Triad ponies rushed past me, shouting with their weapons drawn. I peeked over the crate and saw the door to the prison area beginning to close from where the Triad ponies who rushed past came from. The gate was unguarded. I smirked and dashed out of cover, gaining a bit of speed down the ramp. I then slid onto my side, slipping between the closing door smoothly before standing up and cantering further ahead. I heard the sound of clashing metal further ahead. The creatures in the cages were moving about due to the disturbance. I looked up above and I saw Catlyn exchanging blades with a neatly dressed pony. They locked blades, glaring at one another before breaking apart and exchanging blows once again. I looked over to the side and saw Michael laughing wildly, spinning a weight iron ball around his head like a flail and swinging it around at advancing Triads. I guess that isn't just fat underneath that fur then. I crept past the feline, who was enjoying himself just a little too much, before reaching the prison area of the ship. I could see the creatures cower and look uncertain as they heard the fighting and rumbling of shells hitting the side. When they saw me, they eyed me with suspicion and worry. I scanned the crowd for Sharp Eye.

Spying the griffon in the corner of a cell, consoling a crying family, I knocked on the cage.

"Sharp Eye! It's me, Fie!" I called out. I saw Sharp Eye look up and smile. She rushed over to the cage.

"What's going on? Everything is shaking!" she stated. I nodded.

"I'll explain later, but we need to get everycreature out of here! You have to meet up with the others and lead these creatures out of here." I motioned to the cages. Sharp Eye looked towards the sound of fighting.

"Gaia is telling me she senses Aquarius. Is... the bearer of water here?" she asked. I nodded, giving her a slightly sad look.

"She's inside the captain of the Black Whiskers who is currently fighting the ship captain just further down. I have to stop her before she sinks this entire ship and her own crew!" I explained. I pulled away from the cage and began to gallop back down the way towards the fighting. I caught a quick glance of Little Braveheart eyeing me with worry as I galloped past. Hold on, everyone. We'll get you out of here yet. I felt Din starting to get uneasy. So much shuffling around in my head. I guess she is raring to go against Aquarius. I dashed around the corner, ducking just in time as the iron weight ball crashed above me against the wall. It was pulled back, landing with ease on Michael's paw. He tossed it up and down as if it were nothing.

"Well, well. The sea rat managed to break free. An' what is she doin' down 'ere?" he said with a challenging grin. I furrowed my look, glancing up to see Catlyn and the ship captain exchanging blades still. I took a deep breath and was getting ready to stand up and face him, but then, I saw a paw stop me. I didn't even see Kale. He must be real quick on his paws. He eyed Michael quietly. Michael cocked a brow and sighed, shaking his head. "Ye' really want to do this, mate?" he asked. Kale lowered his paw.

"Michael. You too realize what this is causing everyone. The crew. The Lion's Mane. Even Catlyn. So, why aren't you stopping it? Why did you go along with this ridiculous idea?" he asked in a calm and cool manner. Michael snarled and placed the iron weight ball down on the ground with a loud crash.

"Shut yer' trap. All 'em years followin' the Cap'n an' you go and start spillin' the beans to a pony of all creatures. Ye' ever stopped an' wonder if any of it is justified?" He pat his chest. "'Aye, I have." Kale stepped forward.

"My concern has always been for the captain's safety. I have always remained loyal and will do so till the day we walk into Scallywag's Locker. And I wouldn't have it any other way, especially with dear friends as you and her. But you have to stop all of this. Catlyn is blinded by revenge. It's killing her." Michael narrowed his eyes in a spiteful manner at the feline's words. "And as our duty and loyalty to the ship, crew and captain go, we must go where the wind blows and the sun rises. I want to have that everyday with you all." He outstretched his paw to Michael. "Please, Michael. Let's put an end to this all and bring her home." Michael studied the feline. He then looked up to where the fight was taking place and he growled in frustration. He stood up and tapped the iron weight ball.

"I really hate it when ye' start talkin' sense." He sighed and looked at me. He then motioned with his head. "Git goin' pony. Don't make me regret this decision. If the captain walks into the Locker by herself, you'll be joinin' her." he said. I sighed in relief and nodded determinedly.

"I will bring her back safe. Pinkie Promise." I said, making the motion. I then galloped past them, rushing over to a set of steps. As I galloped by, I saw Michael shake his head and say:

"Ponies have a strange culture." I quickly made my way up, rushing into a room before climbing up a ladder. Upon clambering up the ladder, I dashed around the corner and stopped on the walkway. I was parallel to the two. Both were slumped forward, panting as they stared each other down. The captain brought her saber around, holding it in her teeth as she spoke.

"Not bad for a flea bitten furbag..." The captain growled. Catlyn smirked, wiping her lip of blood.

"I'm amazed a pony can keep up with me. Funny. I have one who could probably do the same rotting at the bottom of my ship currently." she said. She then looked over and her eye widened. "You?!" The pony took advantage of the surprise. She dashed and spun around, bucking Catlyn in the chest. She hit the side railing, causing it to bend a bit as her weapons clattered to the side. She knelt, panting for breath and clutching her chest. The captain began advancing and I grit my teeth. I hopped onto the railing and withdrawing my staff, I launched myself over to the next area of the walkway, standing up and facing the pony, who had backed away upon seeing me show up.

"You dare go against the Triad?" The captain chuckled and shot me a maniacal grin. "I hope you'll make this fun." I frowned, but quickly changed it to smirk.

"You've been out at sea for too long captain. Time to rest that weary head." I challenged, aiming my staff at her. The captain adjusted her hat and charged me. She swung her saber and I was quick to parry it, causing her head to be thrown back, a look of surprise on her expression as I then brought the staff around and smacked her clean across the chin. Unfortunately, the impact wasn't enough to knock her out, but it did knock the saber out of her mouth. She growled before rushing me. I hopped and rolled over her back, causing her to stop and turn around, only to be met with a buck into the chest that sent her sailing past Catlyn, but this time, she crashed right through the railing and yelled as she fell to the ground with a hard thud. Catlyn looked down in shock, panting before turning to me. She growled and stood up.

"What the hell do you want, pony?" she growled. I placed my staff on my back before speaking.

"Catlyn, you have to think about this. You saw it yourself. There are trapped creatures down there." I began. Catlyn's eye narrowed before she picked up her weapons.

"I know... and I was about to get the answers I'm looking for. Until you showed up." she hissed. We looked down to the captain. I was surprised she was still kicking as the pony limped past Michael and Kale. She spotted the two watching the pony limp past them, her grip tightening on her weapons.

"The hell are you lobheads doin'!? Stop her!" She called out as she jumped from the walkway. She landed easily on her feet while I decided to take the easy way down. I clambered down the walk via the railings before landing just behind Catlyn. She was marching towards the pony, who was already making her way down the prison lane. We followed after her as she panted and limped quickly away from us.

"Catlyn, don't do anything rash right now. We have to get these creatures out of here." I stopped her by putting a hoof on her tail, causing her to hiss and turn around. Our eyes met. Instead of meeting our primals, we instead saw ourselves. I looked into her wave flowing blue eye. "Trust me. We'll find your brother, but we have to handle this situation without any more bloodshed. I'm sure your parents wouldn't want you to go down this path." Catlyn's look turned to a worried one. We then heard a cackle and looked to see the pony turn around and reached into the cage. I saw her drag out a young kitten feline. The kitten looked terrified as the pony curled her leg around the neck and unsheathed a hidden hoof dagger, holding the blade at the child's throat. A victorious grin on her face.

"Speak for yourself, filly! You play with a domain you have no control over! The Triad will rule Equestria where no one will ever be lost in the dark again! Even if we have to spill some blood to achieve that dream. But sacrifices are to be made. Even Equestria's greatest rulers had to spill some to get where they are." she cackled as the young kitten winced and whimpered at the blade against his throat. I saw the fur on Catlyn stand up. She flicked her thumb down on the handle of her saber and took aim. The pony tightened her hold on the child and clicked her tongue.

"I don't think so, little kitty. One wrong move and the child's blood will be on your paws!" She rasped. I looked past her and smirked. The pony seemed confused by this. She then felt a tap on her shoulder. When she turned around, she was greeted by a fierce talon swipe of a griffon. The pony grunted and crashed into a set of crates. Sharp Eye flicked her talon and stretched her claw before smiling at the kitten. She held out a scarred claw and the kitten took it, sniffling as they bawled into the griffons chest. I saw Catlyn's grip ease and the sigh of relief of the other two. Sharp Eye proceeded to unlock the cages, the creatures filing out of them. Michael and Kale aided those who were in need of it while Sharp Eye made sure everycreature was present. Catlyn reached into the crashed crates and pulled out the pony, throwing her out into the lane. The pony came to, groaning before she was met with a cutlass at the bottom of her chin. The pony growled. I stepped next to her, casting her a concerned look. She looked at me and sighed. She growled at the pony.

"Speak now, or I'll follow through on your promise you made with the child. But it'll be you who will have her blood spilled." she said coldly. The pony grunted as she sat up, Catlyn keeping the cutlass at a good reach on the pony's throat.

"Grrr! Fine, you raided my ship to look for your special treasure that we took? I'll show ya' where it is." She growled. I looked over the crowd, scanning them. There were several felines in the crowd, but none seemed to stand out. If I was Catlyn's brother in this group, I'd rush to her out of the crowd to hug her. But it seemed the kittens in the crowd were hugging close to their own parents. The pony stood up, Catlyn keeping the cutlass aimed at her.

"Start walkin'." she snarled. We walked past the crowd of prisoners and our friends as the pony led us up the ramp from the cargo hold. I eyed between Catlyn and the pony. Something was off. I don't think this Triad captain knows what Catlyn is talking about. She really did follow Aquarius. Din cackled softly.

This is going to be fun, sister. I heard her speak in my mind. I groaned and looked over as we began to walk past the mechanical monstrosities. I cast a glance at Sharp Eye, who seemed to be eyeing between me and Catlyn. Gaia must be speaking to her as she seemed to make some expressions. Catching my look, she gave a reassuring smile, despite the look of worry on her. As we walked, we saw that felines had either already beaten and tied up the Triad or those that looked victorious were soon wavered as they saw their captured captain walk past with the large crowd. Those that didn't were immediately dispatched by the Black Whiskers. Eventually, a large gathering of creatures, Black Whiskers and Triads were moved out onto the deck. Kale withdrew a bulky pistol and fired up into the air. A blaring yellow ball hissed upward, and we then heard the victorious cries of the Black Whiskers.

"Victory for the High Seas!" a chorus of cheers erupted. The Triad ponies didn't look too happy. But I noticed the captain casting a glance to us. Where the hell is she taking us and what the hell is she going to do? The pony walked up to a container and unlocked it. I saw Catlyn's face lit up in hope. I shook my head, casting a worried look towards Kale and Michael, who returned it. Kale raised a paw to stop her but hesitated before dropping it. Michael pat the feline's back. I kicked the ground in frustration. Dammit, what the hell can we do here? I looked up and saw my friends cantering over to me. Thi whistled.

"Wow, you two have been busy." she said as Sharp Eye walked over to us. Scribble, Flitter and Cloudchaser smiled at us before looking ahead of what was going on. The pony then opened the container and stepped aside as Catlyn cautiously looked around. It was nothing but old relics of the Old World. Tapestries rolled up into a barrel, a suite of centaur armor, a display case full of gems and lockets and in the back, a silver sword. Catlyn frowned as the pony walked past her.

"This isn't my treasure." she stated. The pony grinned.

"Oh, I know. I just needed the key to get to your 'treasure'." She said. She then smirked and punched open a glass case, withdrawing two jewels, holding them up at her. Catlyn put a paw on her hip and cocked an unamused brow.

"You're testing my patience, pony." she said. Thi balked.

"No way... is that..." She then withdrew her firearm and aimed at the pony. "The hell are you doing with the Flash Stone!?" she stated. The pony laughed as she stepped out of the container, causing Thi and Catlyn to move away, Catlyn drawing her swords. Cloudchaser rubbed her head.

"Flash Stone?" she asked. Scribble balked.

"Squirk... You don't mean..." he began. Thi nodded.

"The Flash Stone was once used by the tyrannical giant octopus, Squirk, who once flooded Equestria in water. He used that artifact to do so!" she growled. I looked on in dumbfoundedness. I do remember reading about how Equestria was once nothing but water. Nopony knows how the story fully went, but eventually, land rose up to Equestria and ponies adapted from the sea. Just the mere thought of sea ponies was interesting, if not, terrifying. The pony cackled as the stormy weather picked up, the waves crashing high. The creatures were beginning to murmur, terrified. Catlyn looked to Kale and Michael.

"Get the creatures on board the Lion's Mane! Double time! Let's go!" She commanded. The felines were quick to work, escorting the creatures and pushing aside the Triad where they were held hostage by several felines. Catlyn narrowed her eye at the pony. "You're a total idiot if you think that thing works." she said. Thi shook her head.

"Ancient magic like that still resonate with the original effect. I'm not going to take a chance on that thing activating." she said. I stood next to them, readying myself.

"You sure you want to toss Equestria into a flood!? What about your Triad?! They'll suffer too, ya' know!" I stated. The pony spate on the ground.

"Damn you all! The Triad will always rise from the ashes! We'll always come back!" she tossed her head back, laughing maniacally. Catlyn growled and got low.

"I've had enough of your games, Triad scum! Tell me where my treasure is!" she twirled her blades in her paws before rushing her. I balked and held out a hoof.

"No, wait! Catlyn!" I shouted. It was too late. I saw the pony smirk as Catlyn reared back and rose her swords over her head, ready to strike. The pony then withdrew her hidden dagger from her coat and sliced the chest of Catlyn. She grunted and went sliding past the pony, the wet rain causing her to slide off the edge of the boat. "NO!" I cried out, beginning to gallop over to her. The pony quickly looked over to see Catlyn hanging on for dear life, clutching her chest. The pony laughed and stepped on her paw. I got halfway towards her when the pony spun around and held out the jewels. I saw her place the jewels together and they flashed a blinding bright light.

"Dammit, no!!" I heard Thi cry out. I heard the pony laugh, a maniacal, victorious laugh.

"Equestria will rise from the ashes! The Triad will be reborn!!" she shouted. There was loud crackling of thunder and lightning. I heard a loud spring sound and in a blink of an eye, I saw Thi land in front of the pony and sock her clean across the face, causing the pony to stumble and lose her hold on the jewel. She stumbled back and her hooves slipped. She yelled as she fell into the raging ocean below along with the Flash Stone. I upped my pace over to Thi, who was reaching down to Catlyn. But the feline's grip slipped.

"CATLYN!!!" I heard Kale cry out. I looked over the side with Thi in horror as we watched the feline splash into the raging waters below. No... no this can't be happening... Equestria is doomed.

PreviousChapters Next