• Published 8th Aug 2017
  • 589 Views, 9 Comments

Primordial Conflict - Jumping Jack



A young mare must journey Equestria in order to fulfill a universally unavoiadable fate along with seven others in order to prevent the disruption of universal law. All the while trying to prevent a dark force from acquiring their elements.

  • ...
1
 9
 589

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 12: Journey to the West

Chapter 12: Journey to the West

Spike led us to the kitchen, where I threw on an apron and got to work. He provided the ingredients and even offered some suggestions, which I took, and it surprisingly made the hotcake batter ten times better. I worked diligently in the kitchen, flipping the hotcakes in the skillet before tossing them onto a plate. Thi watched with a watering mouth as the stack began to rise. Six stacks on one plate. As Spike helped make the next batch, I took the whip cream and cut the strawberries and bananas into small portions, making a silly face on the hotcakes. By the time I had finished with my somewhat artistic vision on the hotcakes, Spike brought the next stack over and I went to work on that. We made at least a whole platter stack of hotcakes by the end of it. Thi rubbed her hooves in anticipation as her two stacks of strawberry banana hotcakes were pushed in front of her, licking her lips hungrily. For Silver Scribble, I wasn't sure what the stallion wanted so I went with blue and black berries. Silver Scribble was snoozing still, slumped over the table. Poor guy must have been awake the whole night and pushed himself to stay awake until things settled. I wiped my brow after finishing up the decorations and smiled.

"Thanks for the help, Spike." I said as I removed the apron and chef hat. Spike waved a claw.

"Don't mention it! Oh man, these hotcakes look and smell delicious!" he said humbly before licking his lips. I giggled and put a stack of hotcakes for him. Spike thanked me for the meal and reached into his apron. I arched a brow as he sprinkled what looked like gems on the hotcakes. "Viola! Le piece de resistance!" he said before using his tongue wrap around the hotcakes and inhaled the whole stack. He chewed happily before swallowing, giving a satisfied look. I rolled my eyes playfully before digging into my own. Thi was hungrily chewing away at her own stacks, a look of pure bliss and happiness spread on her puffed out cheeks. Silver, however, seemed to face plant into his own hot cakes, snoozing loudly as the whip cream and berries clung to his face. Me and Thi giggled at the sight. It took us a bit to wake up the stallion. Thi decided to whisper into his ear, something seductively and the stallion opened his eyes and jolted up, waving away Thi and swiping his ear.

"Heathen witch begone!" he shouted. Thi burst out laughing. The confused stallion blinked and looked around. His confusion turned back to his usual stoic expression. He saw his smooshed hotcakes and shrugged before digging into them. Thi arched an amused brow at him.

"You're quite the character, Silver. Didn't take you as a clown." she smirked. Silver Scribble didn't miss a beat in responding.

"Takes one to know one." he said stoically as he chewed his food. Thi blinked and shrugged to me, which I returned. Spike stood up.

"So, finding the other six is going to be a task for sure. What are you guys expecting when you find them?" Spike asked. I sighed.

"Well, I see several things. But two stick out. Either our elements end up clashing without any of us in control or two, we somehow have to figure out how to get them to come to terms with their own elements." I frowned. "Which both will be headaches as is." Spike winced.

"Yikes. Well, there is one thing I'm sure of." he said. "You're not a bad pony. You just have a bad element. If Twilight and the others believe in you, I do too." he said. I gave a small smile.

"Thanks, Spike." I said. Silver Scribble wiped his face with a wet towel and yawned.

"Shall we get going then?" he asked. I shook my head.

"Not just yet. There are a couple of things I want to get done first." I said. Spike suddenly puffed his cheeks. He belched loudly as green fire shot out of him and a rolled-up scroll appeared. Silver caught it and unrolled the scroll. With a quick scan, he pushed the scroll over to me.

"Seems the Princesses gave you an official excuse of absence for your work." he said. I balked and took it in my magic:

To whom it may concern; By decree of the Royal Princess Celestia and Princess Luna; Co-approved by the Princess of Friendship; We here by excuse Quite Fire from her duties at the Ponyville Mail Express to fulfill a duty to her country. She will return to work when duty compliance is fulfilled. Thank you for understanding.

I read it out loud to them and looked dumbfounded. It's almost as if I was being drafted into the Canterlot Reserves for Knights. Thi grinned.

"Well, guess it's official. You are on mandatory vacation till the job is done." she said. I was speechless. I wasn't sure how to react to this.

Face the new day.

I furrowed my brows and nodded to myself. "That just leaves a couple of more things to do." I looked between Thi and Scribble. "We should get started now. Make preparations and meet back up at the castle." Thi stood up and pat her stomach, licking her lips.

"Thanks for the meal!" she said. Silver Scribble scribbled into his journal before pocketing it to his side. Spike floated up to me.

"Good luck, guys!" he said. The three of us trotted out of the kitchen, turned the corner and made our way out of the castle. Heading towards the center plaza of Ponyville, we could hear the laughing cheer of colts and fillies having snow ball fights while the mares and stallions gathered about and chatted amongst themselves. I put my hood over my head and adjusted it to fit comfortably on me.

"So, first things first?" Thi asked. I nodded.

"We head to my house. I want to check upon something before we head to the Mail Express." I said. The two followed behind me as I led them to my house. The place looking lonely and barren as usual despite being next to two musicians. When we entered my house, I froze and my jaw dropped. The mares worked really quickly. There were some potted plants in the corner by a window. The house smelled fresh and clean. Some small portraits of unknown origins hung on the wall. My lonely collage of family pictures by the stairway were recently dusted. I trotted over to the kitchen out of curiosity. I opened the fridge and gapped. I have never seen so many options of food in my fridge before. Thi looked around and scratched her head.

"Funny. This place used to be a crap hole. What happened?" she asked. She then looked at me. "I uhh... take it you did all of this to take your mind off of things?" I shook my head and looked over to the pantry. I opened it and saw alot of grain, flour, oats and canned food as well as some stacks of utensils. I found myself smiling.

"Fire's Angels." I said. There were four simultaneous cracking sounds that made Silver and Thi jump and ready themselves. The four maids bowed to me as they lined up by the kitchen.

"Welcome home, Mistress Fire." Lavender greeted with a bow. I turned to them and motioned to the house.

"You gals worked quick. How were you able to do all of this in the time I was gone?" I asked. Tender pat her chest proudfuly.

"You said to work together. And thanks to Bubble's organization skills, we completed each task to the small detail efficiently. As per your rule." she said. Bubble clopped her hooves excitedly.

"I've never had so much fun cleaning a place and making it a proper home!" she said. Whistle then stepped forward.

"Oh, while you were gone, Ouroboros stopped by." she said. My smile immediately shot to annoyance.

"Oh?" Whistle nodded.

"He wanted to give you a parting gift for your journey. He said he was inspired by Ms. Billette's artifact." Thi Billette frowned and shifted to keep her bat away from everypony. Whistle swished her hoof gracefully and a loud crack sounded. She then held out a wooden like staff. I cocked my head and took it in my magic, studying the piece. It had a strange etched carving of a serpent along the shaft. The edge at the top had a bulbous like growth that seemed to be the face and mane of a strange looking dragon. The other end has a similar design, but the tip was spiked out. There was a small grove in the middle of the shaft. The intricate design of the serpent with a missing eye. I looked to Whistle.

"A quarter staff? Why does Ouroboros want me to use a quarter staff? What about the gem?" I asked. Whistle nodded.

"Ouroboros felt that you having trouble with Din would cause some unwanted affects upon using your element. The gem forms into your desire to use your courage to protect others. But he doesn't want you to give up on trying to work with it. He thought if he gave you a catalyst that can act as a substitute for your courageous desire while still keeping you well defended, it'll work well enough for you to figure things out." I slumped.

"How thoughtful..." I stated. But then, it dawned on me. I am his favorite after all. It was still hard to read that serpent. But he's not important at the moment. I smiled at Whistle and nodded to the others. "Thank you, girls. You are free to return to your normal routines." The four bowed before a loud crack sounded and they vanished into distortions. Thi stared at me with awe.

"So... the maids that Ouroboros summoned are actual... ponies?" she asked. I gave her a shrug in response.

"I'm not sure about it either. They took me by complete surprise last night when they popped in." I gave a nervous smile and rubbed the back of my head. "I... may have also thought that taking my mind off of what happened by giving them specific routines." Silver and Thi exchanged glances. I gave a protested wave of my hoof. "Well, it's not like I am going to be home for a while. A-and I didn't want to leave them in the place along without some means of taking care of themselves." Thi chuckled and shook her head.

"Relax, Fie. Whatever you had to do to make yourself feel better." she said, waving a hoof softly at me. I sighed and looked at the quarter staff beside me. I brushed my hoof over the etching and furrowed my look. I then reached into my hoodie pocket and withdrew the amber gem. I then placed it in the socket and the etching suddenly glowed with amber. I stared in awe as I felt a pleasant surge of energy through me. But that energy was soon shifting in the back of my mind. I gave a worried look. Did this just wake up Din?

Face the new day!

I pushed my worry aside and nodded. Now, if only I had something to holster this. It appeared to have heard me as it began to shrink into the size of a small, thin branch like figure and floated over to my back, resting comfortably before popping and vanishing. Silver Scribble rubbed his chin in thought.

"Fascinating. The gift of the World Serpent is an all too strange magic." he looked to Thi. "Almost like that club of yours." Thi pat the bat handle and nodded.

"Maybe. But now me and my girl are ready to take on anything now." she smirked and winked at me. I smiled. Thi's right. I have to face the new day. Reality is going to hit me hard. But with her by my side along with the others, I can hit it back harder. Speaking of others. I wonder if Rainbow Dash got around to contacting those two. We exited my house, trotting down the road towards the Mail Express as my thoughts flowed into my mind. Would they be okay with helping me out? I know it feels all so sudden to them. I'm not sure if they are capable of handling the task. But it'll be nice to have some moral support. Especially if Cloudchaser was there. I felt my stomach feel funny when I thought of Cloudchaser. Such a pretty mare. I nearly ran into a light post as I saw at the last moment I was walking past the Mail Express. Thi snickered at me and I flushed. I adjusted my hood and sighed, bracing myself as I levitated out the scroll. I opened the door and to my surprise, I saw Derpy Whooves along with another pony, a unicorn stallion with a chocolaty hide and white curly mane. Derpy pushed a package to a family before seeing me and beaming, waving happily.

"Quiet Fire! You're here!" She floated over to me and I smiled, returning the tight hug Derpy gave me.

"Heh, good to see you too, Derpy. How was New Years with the family?" I asked. Derpy smiled.

"It was fantastic! I even saved you some muffins! Want some?" she asked as she reached into her delivery bag and withdrew a box of blueberry muffins. I smiled and shook my head.

"Thanks, but I already had breakfast." Thi squeezed in between me and Derpy.

"Buuuut, we are happy to take some for the road." she said, taking the box with her magic and stuffing it in her saddlebag. Derpy scratched her head.

"Are you going on a trip?" she asked. I gave her a small smile, sighing after and nodding. I looked over to the stallion behind the counter, who was organizing letter.

"Sarsaparilla?" I began. The stallion looked over his shoulder and smiled.

"Ready to start work, Quiet Fire?" he asked. I trotted over to him and held up the scroll. He studied it before his jaw dropped. "That seal... it's a genuine stamp of the two sisters!" He took it in his magic and unrolled it, scanning the contents before looking over the scroll. "This... this is..." I braced myself. Sarsaparilla was technically mine and Derpy's boss. But he pulled his weight when it came to delivering mail. He smiled and ruffled my hooded mane. "Well, I can't begin to describe how amazing this news is!" Derpy floated over to us and read the scroll. She gasped and beamed at me.

"An official pardon from the princesses themselves!? Are you finally going to be a Canterlot Guard?" she asked excitedly. I rubbed my foreleg nervously, giving them a smile I hope would pass as genuine.

"N-not exactly. It's more of, I have an important mission that I need to fulfill. So... I'll be gone for a while." I said. Sarsaparilla smiled and nodded.

"I understand, Quiet Fire. Just like the oath of the Ponyville Express, we too have a duty to fulfill to the ponies of Equestria! And I can't think of a better pony who embodies that oath. Well, second best." he said. I gave a nervous chuckle. He wasn't wrong. I took my job seriously. I never had a sick day or used any vacation days. I had no reason to take vacation days. But Derpy was always employee of the month. I don't know what she does, but her commitment to her ponies of Equestria far excels mine. One day, Derpy, I'll meet your expectations. Derpy gave me another hug.

"I'm going to miss you! You better come back home safe! I've got plenty of muffins waiting for you at home." she said. I smiled and returned the hug.

"Take care you guys. I promise when it's over, I'll come back to work." I said, pulling away from Derpy. Sarsaparilla tipped his courier hat.

"Give 'em hell, kid." he said with a smile. I gave them a wave goodbye before trotting out with my companions. I found myself having a bit of bounce in my trot. I felt good. Really good! Ponyville never ceases to amaze me with how friendly and understanding some ponies are. Silver Scribble noticed my bounce.

"In a better mood, now?" he asked. I gave a bashful smile in response.

"Ehehe... just good vibes is all." I said. Thi shook her head with a smile.

"So long as you feel good about what to do next." she said. I stopped and turned to them.

"Next up is my mentor! And we are already here!" I presented the house to them. Thi cocked her head.

"Mentor, huh?" she asked with a rub of her chin. I opened the fence door and trotted up to the door. I took a deep breath and knocked on the door. I heard some shuffling on the other side of the door before it opened. Namaste poked her head out and smiled. She opened the door fully and pulled me into a playful hoof noogie.

"There's my top student! Haven't heard from you in a good bit. How was New Years?" she asked. I pulled away from her and readjusted my hood. I smiled at her.

"Never better, I guess." I said. Namaste leaned against the door and crossed her forelegs over the other.

"Something happen?" she asked. I rubbed the back of my head.

"More or less yeah. I've been called to fulfill my duty to Equestria under the orders of the royal princesses." I said. Namaste beamed.

"No shit!? That's amazing, kid! Knew all that punching and kicking would come in handy." she grinned. I chuckled and nodded.

"Your lessons really helped me. But now, I'm going to have to leave town for a while. I guess you can go ahead and cancel my fights for now." I said. Namaste ruffled my mane.

"I always knew you had the potential, kid. But you know, I think I'm giving up the ring." she said. I blinked in shock.

"You? You're quitting?" I asked in a baffled tone. Namaste nodded. She looked over her shoulder and I followed her gaze. I could see her husband playing with their little colt. She then rubbed her stomach and smiled softly.

"I gotta' draw the line somewhere. It's going to be a full house from here on out. I'm sure there's plenty of work to do for me aside from being an instructor. I could always do yoga lessons." It took me a bit to realize what she meant and I smiled brightly. I then gave her a hug and she returned it. "Don't be a stranger, Quiet Fire. My door is always welcome to you." I pulled away from her and nodded.

"Take care, Namaste." I said. I gave her a wave and she returned it as I trotted back to my friends. Thi smiled at me.

"Pretty close with your mentor, huh?" she asked. I found myself feeling quite giddy at the news she gave me. I gave Thi a smirk and wink.

"Jealous that I have friends here in Ponyville?" I asked. Thi laughed.

"Jealous of the fact my own cooking doesn't come close to your hotcakes. I could really go for some more." She said. Silver Scribble rubbed his chin.

"Don't you have a box of muffins?" He pointed out. Thi held up a hoof to him and nodded.

"Snacks for the road." she said. Silver rolled his eyes before trotting past us.

"What's next?" he asked me. I hummed in thought.

"Well, aside from just travel preparations, I'd say that's all I really need to do. Some rations and water. Maybe a small wagon just in case. I don't know how long we are going to be gone for, so we might as well have something to keep us going." I said. Silver nodded.

"Then I'll get us some camping stuff. Thi?" he looked to her. Thi blinked at her realization she was being addressed.

"Wha? Ummm... I guess I can try and get some arc ammo makings. I doubt Ponyville has a gunsmith." She said. I nodded.

"You're correct. We aren't savages here." I said. Thi nodded.

"Then arc powder formula makings it is." she said. She looked around. "Where's a curious shop here?" I cocked my head. Curious shop? Oh, she means stuff for potion making or something like that. I smiled and pointed down the road.

"Just around Sugar Cube Corner. You can't miss it. It'll have a sign that has a dragon skull etched on it." I said. Thi gave a salute before trotting off in the direction. I turned to Scribble and he shrugged.

"I know my way around Ponyville. Shouldn't take too long." he said before trotting off in the other direction. I nodded and looked around. I couldn't help but have a certain craving since everything has happened. I'm going to get myself a drink.


I entered into pub restaurant. It was small and nifty. Not a lot of ponies around for cider. It's usually packed in before night hits. The bar tender mare behind the counter looked up from cleaning a tankard and smiled.

"Welcome back, Fie. Been a couple of days." she said. I smiled and took a seat at the bar table. Shifting comfortably in the padded stool, I felt at ease. No worries here! I sighed happily and tapped the table.

"One cider please." I said. The mare gave a surprised look in a playful manner.

"Taking it easy today?" she asked as she took a clean tankard and began pouring the contents from a keg. I waved a hoof.

"Kinda. Nothing strong. Nothing less. Just a good ol' drink." I then gave her a smirk. She returned it and moved the tankard over to the gwynette ale keg and poured the contents in. She slid the tankard to me and I caught in my magic. I took a large swig as the warm and spicey drink wet my throat. I panted as I pulled away the drink. "Oh yeah, that's the good stuff!" I said. The mare wiped the counter now, leaning forward. Quite a pretty mare indeed.

"So, I hear you've been making a bit of a ruckus around town." she said. I nearly choked on my next swig of my drink. I pat my chest and looked at her.

"R-really?" I coughed. She nodded and motioned to the hologem TV hanging over head. Oh right... why wasn't I expecting that maybe the Roc attack might have been televised. Nah, no way they'll show it.

"The anchor on the screen stated that you and another pony were grabbed by the Roc. It must have been scary." she said, giving me a worried look. I smiled, the drink already working.

"Nah, I wasn't too scared. It was thanks to Thi's little preparations that we were able to get out of it." I said. The mare arched a brow at me.

"By climbing on the back of the beast and taking it down?" she stated. I choked on my drink again. The spice is strong in this one. I gave her a nervous smile.

"Did they... really televise that?" I asked. The mare flicked over to the news. The familiar anchor pony, Anchor Press, was reading a paper over the counter of a table:

"The attack on Canterlot via a Roc left many to wonder on the mysterious phenomena happening throughout Equestria. We have reports from Appleloosa to the Crystal Empire that the weather hasn't been fair to anypony. Not only that, more than Roc attacks and sudden weather changes have been occurring. Reports of strange monsters showing up on the roads have been terrorizing travelers and caravans to no end. Some ponies are calling it the end times. Others believe a dark form of magic that has been residing in our land finally stirred awake. Most are wondering as well, the return of Starswirl the Bearded, an iconic legend and hero from a thousand years prior may have some connection to the increasing monster threats. No word has been made about it as the Princesses have taken a leave of their throne to quell whatever dark forces have been gathering. In other news, the two mares who had been recently swept up in the Roc attack have appeared to be spotted accompanying the princesses to their own shopping needs. No further comment has been made as to the whereabouts of the ponies in question. What I do know, my citizens of Equestria, that our daily lives are rest assured in good hooves, thanks to the efforts of Ponyville's own resident heroes and saviors of our land. Now we will take a quick break with the important announcement."

The bartender mare looked at me expectantly. I waved a hoof.

"I mean... what was I supposed to do?" I asked, taking a small swig of my spiked cider.

"Seen accompanying the princesses? I didn't take you to be the one to mess around with royalty." she said. I slumped and tapped my tankard.

"You're right. I don't. But... something happened to me on New Years and it caused me to get involved in it all. I won't get into too much detail, but I'm going to be leaving Ponyville for a while. I figured I'd just get one or two last drinks in at my favorite venting place." I said. The bartender mare nodded.

"I understand, Fie. You've been a good friend and loyal customer to this establishment. Know that your work is appreciated here as it is anywhere else." she said. I wasn't sure how to respond to this. I've spent a lot of time here. Even got around to helping out cleaning mugs and even serving drinks on busy nights when I felt like it. I did it for free drinks of course. But I was also sweet on the current bartender mare as well. She was my interest after the last one recently, but now it seems that my heart only felt platonic emotions for her. I smiled and took a few more swigs of my drink. I then placed three bits on the counter.

"Thanks for the drink, mama." I said. The mare smiled and deposited the bits into a drawer before taking my tankard.

"Don't ever be a stranger here, Fie. You do brighten the day here." she waved at me. I blushed and waved back. I stepped out into the cold again and adjusted my hoodie over my head. I trotted down the road, heading to my next destination. I wanted to get in one last walk around the park. I hummed a small tune, finding myself feeling quite happy. Ponyville is definitely an amazing place. I've never been happier to have moved here. I trotted up to the park entrance after taking a small detour through the alleys of my neighbor's cottages. I froze a bit as a flash memory of seeing a three storied green eye of a dragon stare me down popped into my head. I shook away the thought and took a deep breath. I took a stroll around the park, my pacing slow and taking in the serene wonder of the winter world of Ponyville. I found an empty bench, dusting the snow off of it before sitting down and resting my legs under my body. I sighed and took in the sight. My eyes feel onto the spot where I met Cloudchaser and Flitter last night. I don't know why I was imagining seeing them just fly down from the sky and just start a conversation with me. Those two really did help me that time.

I sighed. You probably scared them off too, Fie. You just broke down in front of two ponies who hardly even know you. I'm sure they were just doing their moral obligation and cheering up a neighbor in need. But... they live in Cloudsdale. They only ever show up in Ponyville to visit friends or other business. They are also reserved Wonder Bolts. So, they are more likely to be at the training center. No way would they have time to look for me either. I was just a random pony. They only recognize me from their assigned tasks too. I bowed my head. I would honestly like them to be my friends. I appreciate what they did for me last night. And they seem nice enough to be around. And if Rainbow Dash doesn't manage to get them to come to the castle, I'll just have to figure something else out. I scoffed at myself. And what was I even thinking!? They have no real involvement in this whole thing. I only asked Rainbow Dash out of pure selfishness because I just wanted to get closer to one of them. I groaned and buried my head with my forelegs out of embarassment.

'Dammit, why did I even think that was a good idea...' I said. I heard a loud humming coming from my ear. I winced and rubbed my head. 'I'm not even hung over. Why am I already getting a headache?' I blinked at the realization that it was my link bud humming. I sat up and pressed my ear.

"Uhhh... hello?" I asked.

"Ahh, so that's how this works. Rainbow Dash here. Is that you Fie?" Rainbow's voice crackled on the other end. I scrunched my muzzle and tapped my ear. The signal seemed to clear.

"I hear you, but barely." I said. Wasn't Starswirl the one who said that these would provide long distant communication no matter where we are? Unless... the instability of our realm is causing some ethereal blockage... I snickered and shook my head. That's a little farfetched, even for me. But maybe...

Can. You. Hear. Me. Now? Rainbow Dash said, a little louder. I winced and rubbed my ears.

"Lower the volume a bit and we're good." I said. I heard a frustrative grumble, the strange scraping causing an unpleasant shiver down my spine.

"Ahh forget it. Look, you know how you asked me about seeing if Cloudchaser and Flitter Glider would tag along? Well, lucky for you, they had their schedule cleared. Are you sure you want them to come along? Flitter and Cloudchaser are asked to handle Wonder Bolt duties when called on."

I nodded, taking a moment to realize that she couldn't see me do so and pressed my ear.

"I'm sure. I'm certain it'll be good for two ace fliers to push themselves a little further for their Wonder Bolt brethren." I said with a smile. I heard Rainbow Dash hum in thought.

"Well, they have shown a little more improvement since yesterday. They do have a natural sense of flying ability and I know Flitter Glider has taken archery lessons. Cloudchaser also does take traditional karate lessons." she said. I perked up.

Cloudchaser knows karate!? Oh, be still, my beating heart! I then shook away the selfish thought. I should praise Flitter as well. Taking archery lessons is a neat skill to have. I'm certain Cloudchaser would also be a bit more confident and levelheaded if her sister were to tag along as well. I found myself floating a bit in the air. My hooves touched the ground and I cleared my throat.

"What if I tell you that by the end of it, they'll definitely have improved so much, they'd have to get into the Wonder Bolts. You worked just as hard when you were at the academy if I recall. You wouldn't stop boasting about it all day when you got in." I said.

"Oh? You heard that hunh..." I heard a nervous chuckle before her tone perked up. "In any case. They are here waiting at the castle for you to re-" I grit my teeth in surprise when a loud voice broke through.

"Oh, oh! I wanna' try this!" The energetic voice of Pinkie Pie broke through.

"Ow, Pinkie! Lower the voice!" Rainbow Dash retorted.

"Hehehe! Hey, hey! I bet I can sound like one of those ponies on the holo thingies!" She cleared her throat. "This just in! Rainbow Dash was last seen calling to one of the seven about two ponies who have just arrived! What adventures will await them?" Pinkie giggled, and Rainbow Dash groaned.

"Quiet Fire, this is Twilight. Have you finished with preparations?" Twilight's voice broke through. I rubbed my ear, the ringing in my ears clear as my usual hangover headaches.

"Just waiting for Thi and Scribble to finish up their own to dos' before heading back on over." I said.

"Ow! Pinkie! That's my ear you're jabbing at! Don't you have your own?" Rainbow Dash exclaimed. Pinkie only giggled, whooping as well.

"Wheeeee! This is fun!" There was a loud commotion as Twilight sighed.

"Pinkie, would you settle down, you're being too... no wait! Stop!" There was a couple of grunts that followed through and the communication was cut off. I furrowed my brows in worry. I know Pinkie can be a tad over excited. But that sounded like it hurt at the end. I sighed and looked around.

"I'm going to miss this place." I said to myself. I then adjusted my hood and began to walk back to the park gate. 'Oh well. It won't be so bad. And it's not like you're leaving this place for good. You're just off on a mission that's going to take you who knows how long, and it'll be quite a journey.' I trotted down the street, seeing Scribble rolling around the corner with a small travel wagon. From what it looked like, there were already essentials and camping equipment in the back. I trotted over to him and whistled.

"You didn't hold back, did you." I stated. Silver shrugged.

"Being a multi-talented pony has a lot of bits behind it." he said. I smiled.

"I'll say. Did you see Thi while you were on the way back here?" I asked. Silver shook his head. He then looked past me and pointed. I looked over my shoulder and I smiled as I saw Thi rounding the corner. She pat something in her jacket before cantering over to us.

"Sorry for the wait. Had to get my new friend spruced up and a couple of cleaning kits along the way. I even got some wood polisher to keep Cali a little nice." She then saw Scribble's look and she rolled her eyes. "No, I also didn't just spend on myself. I got us some herbal remedies and some medical stuff just in case. I'm a dangerous archeologist. I like to have as much medical stuff on me as well as bullets." She smirked. "We're for sure going to run into some Triads out looking for me, just FYI." I nodded.

"Monsters. Triads. Evil Power Elements and who knows what else. But every pony believes we can do this. I'm sure the road will be tough, but we can manage it." I said with a confident and determined look. Silver Scribble scratched the back of his mane.

"I'll do what I can." he said. Thi smirked and brushed her snout.

"You know I got your back, girl! ThiFie on the scene!" she said confidently. I snickered.

"ThiFie?" I chuckled as we began to walk back to the castle. Thi nodded.

"You and I go way back, Fie. I figured why not give us a team up name?" she stated. I then looked to Scribble and motioned with my head to him.

"What if you and Scribble teamed up? Or me and Scribble?" I was curious to what she would come up with. An amusing way to past the time on the walk back to the castle. Thi rubbed her chin.

"Well, if me and Scribble teamed up, I'd call it Deviled Egg. A spicey mix of my fiery charm and badassery with the moral support of an egg head!" she said. Silver scrunched his muzzle.

"Cute." he said in a stoic tone. Thi frowned.

"Alright, egghead. What would you call it?" she asked. Silver looked at us from the corner of his eye.

"SilverThi. Has a classy sound to it. A tie that is silver. Great for any kind of occasion." he said matter-of-factly. Thi slumped.

"Err... I think mine sounds a bit cooler." she stated. Silver seemed to ignore her.

"As for Quiet Fire and I, I'd say-"

"Overcooked egg." I finished for him. Thi burst out laughing and I gave a coy smile to Scribble. Silver sighed.

"Yeah, sure. That'll work I guess." he said. I giggled and nudged him playfully.

"Relax, Scribble. If you want to hang with us, you gotta' learn to ease up a bit. Yeah, we may not be the best for mental health, but we are physically fit enough to handle ourselves." I said. Scribble shook his head.

"That's what I worry about." he said.


When we arrived at the castle and entered the throne room, I saw Twilight, Starlight and Trixie along with a stallion I recognized seeing on TV. What was his name again? The stallion looked mishappen. As if he hasn't combed in a day. A scraggly little beard and glasses over his vanilla coat with white forehead and forelegs. He adjusted his glasses as we came in, several books hovering around him. Twilight smiled.

"Good, you three are back! Have everything you need?" she asked. I nodded.

"Travel wagon and all." I said. Trixie smirked.

"Ahh, a good ol' wagon to handle all your daily needs." she said. "Obviously, my idea of course." Starlight rolled her eyes and Twilight gave an annoyed look. Something tells me Twilight still held a small little grudge against Trixie despite giving her a second chance.

"Rrriiiight. To the point then." Twilight said. She levitated six scrolls out on the middle of the floor. "I do wish we still had the map here. But Starswirl is going to use it to monitor and keep us up to date with any changes happening in Equestria. Apparently, he got it to work enough that it can pick up certain spots where those creepy monsters have been showing up." I cocked my head.

"So... you saw what the monsters looked like then?" I asked. Twilight nodded, giving me a concerned look.

"Fluttershy on her way to get her own monument encountered several of them. She came out without a scratch of course. But the event kinda' led to Luna having to watch over a bit while she slept." Twilight said. I blinked. That reminded me.

"Hold up. There was one theory I think we forgot to mention. Princess Celestia and Luna stated their magic was going on a little fritz ever since Starswirl has been pulled out of Limbo and Ouroboros began showing up. I have a feeling it's because of the instability of the ethereal stream of where we draw our magic. But, when Din showed up and nearly attacked you all, the princess's magic began to work again. What happened there?" I asked. Silver cleared his throat.

"We believe that when Din showed herself, she broke whatever disruption that was blocking the princesses's magic. While you were passed out, one of my magic detecting runes read that there were signs of a disturbance around us and it shattered when Din showed up." he said. I blinked.

"Magic detecting runes?" I asked. Silver reached back into his saddle bag and pulled out a purple crystal-like object. It began to hum and glow as if it was breathing.

"This crystal has the magical property of reading the ethereal stream. In fact, it is the very solidified concept of what the ethereal stream could be. It reads back with a small rune and glow. If it spins wildly, there is strong magic in the air around us. If it blinks and displays a clear rune, that means there is normal readings. But when the rune distorts and crackles, it tells us there is a disturbance and some blockage in the area." he said. Thi admired the crystal.

"No kidding? Where did you even find that?" she asked. Silver Scribble pocketed the crystal in his saddle bag.

"I did some traveling in my scholarship and I was on site at a recently recovered dig to do some on scene studying. I found an entire vein of them inside a small opening of one of the walls. It took me a few months of studying to figure it out. I decided to keep a small piece as a tool and token of the successful study." he explained. Thi furrowed her brows. She must be thinking if it had to be one of her old relic hunts. She seemed to shrug off the thought and turned to Twilight.

"So then, where do we begin in search of these other six?" she asked. The stallion cleared his throat.

"From what we studied; it appears that the points of interest are in several areas of Equestria that are populated with only two being not so in familiar areas. Those would take some time to look for. You can start with whichever you think is easiest." he said. Thi rubbed her chin.

"And you are?" she asked. The stallion adjusted his glasses.

"I'm Sunburst. I'm the Crystal Empire's head wizard and crystaller. Though... there's not much for me to do as a crystaller anymore, so I just tend to read up on things and just show up to mandatory celebrations." he said. Silver Scibble seemed to perk up in interest.

"Wizard you say? Does that mean you have learned and harnessed magic that most ponies struggle with?" he asked. "Like on par with Starswirl?" Sunburst opened his mouth to say something but stopped and winced.

"Err... well..." he began. Starlight chimed in.

"What Sunburst is trying to say that he's been so busy with other stuff that he hasn't had time to really use them. And that there is no need to use them at the moment either. Right?" she said. I saw Starlight give him a small wink. Sunburst adjusted his glasses and smiled.

"Uh-yeah! That's exactly what I was going to say." he said. Silver hummed in thought and shrugged.

"Hope we aren't too late to the party!" a voice said. We looked back to see Rainbow Dash land in front of us. She gave a salute. "Just like you asked, Fie. Cloudchaser and Flitter. They uhh... kinda' got lost in the castle so I had to find them a bit." My heart soared when I saw Cloudchaser walk in with her sister. Both ponies were looking around in awe.

"So this is what it is like to be in a castle!" Cloudchaser marveled. Flitter smiled.

"It's amazing! It looked smaller on the outside!" she gasped. Their eyes then fell onto us, and I saw them give me a friendly smile and wave. I gave a bashful wave back. I caught Thi rolling her eyes at me and I gave her a nervous smile. Rainbow Dash floated over to us as Cloudchaser and Flitter stood next to us.

"Gotta' be honest. It was a complete surprise to be called here of all places." Cloudchaser said. "RD caught us up to speed. What's the plan?" Twilight nodded and motioned to the six scrolls in front of us.

"These scrolls here, as Sunburst has stated, each contain a mention to a point of interest in Equestria. I recommend you start with the one that is easiest to handle. After that, you can move onto the next one. It should give us a clue about where to look." she said. "Taking an example out of Quiet Fire's trial. It could even probably show us who to look for." Starlight raised a hoof.

"I uhh... think I also have another idea of how they can find out if its' a host to a power element." She stated, pointing to her eye. "If you look closely at Quiet Fire's eyes, they are swirling with magic. Her's is like a burning flame. Perhaps a good tell is their eyes. If you can catch a good look, you might see something in their eyes that'll give it away." Twilight smiled.

"That's not a bad idea. But remember what Ouroboros said. It could be any creature. It could probably even be something as dangerous as an Ophiotaurus." Twilight said. Rainbow scratched her mane.

"An Ophio what now?" she asked. Silver Scribble chimed in.

"An Ophiotaurus. Half bull, half snake. They are native to deep woodlands. Very dangerous and territorial. Some of the Hunters I've worked with have been severely wounded when hunting one. No pony knows exactly what they are capable of as the hunters couldn't see it coming. But, if my mythology accounts are correct, killing one and burning its' entrails via a rite ritual will grant the one with the rite to slay gods." he said. "But that's just a myth. Again, no pony really knows what Ophiotauruses are capable of. If we ever meet one, we'd best steer clear of it." Thi rubbed her chin in thought. Silver sighed.

"Maybe it will help in injuring Ouroboros, but I doubt it. Again, no pony knows if it is true or not." Silver must have read her mind well enough. Thi shrugged.

"Worth a shot." she said. Twilight cleared her throat.

"Regardless, this is going to be a daunting task. We have until the Summer Solstice to gather all seven and figure out how we can return stability to our realm. None of us knows what'll happen afterwards." she looked to us. "You are very vital to this mission, Fie. And with your friends to help you, I'm sure you will come out successful." I rubbed the back of my head.

"Th-thanks, princess. I... never thought one would put so much faith in me." I said with what I hope was enough humbleness. Twilight levitated the scrolls to me, which I took in my magic. Thi squeezed in next to me to look over the scrolls. She then beamed and pointed to the very first one in the stack. I didn't even get a chance to look through them all.

"How about that one! It states that there is one near Appleloosa." She read. "The thunderous cry of warriors shall call forth the carriers. Journey to the west, to find this test." I blinked and looked at her.

"How do you know it's near Appleloosa?" I asked. Thi slumped.

"Duh? It's the only place out in the west that has any remote civilization. And the Red Canyons is where the tribes are located. The thunderous cries of warriors. The buffalo tribe are loud and are tough warriors. Journey to the west. Appleloosa lies to the west of us." she explained, scratching her head. “I’m unsure of the middle passage. Shall call forth the carriers… hmmm.” Silver Scribble hummed.

"Didn't take you for one who understands poetry." he said. She tapped her horn and grinned.

"I may have flunked out of CSGU, but I wasn't that dumb. Part of being an archeologist is understanding poetry for clues. I passed literature for sure." she boasted. I rubbed my chin.

“Well, if you think Appleloosa is the easiest to understand right now, I guess that’s where we are headed.” I said. Flitter clopped her hooves excitedly.

“I’ve always wanted to go to Appleloosa!” She beamed. Cloudchaser rolled her eyes playfully.

“I doubt you want to go there for the rodeo.” She said. Flitter shook her head.

“It’s the winter. There is no rodeo.” She said.

“Y-yeah, I get that. I was trying to-“ Cloudchaser began but was interrupted by Flitter.

“Buuuut, I do know that the best archer from Cloudsdale retired out there! Sharp Eye! I’d so want her autograph!” She then blinked and gave a bashful smile. “O-of course, this isn’t a vacation. I know that.” Twilight giggled.

“It’s okay, Flitter. We have plenty of time to do some other things. Of course, our top priorities are to find the seven. We have six months before the Summer Solstice. Hopefully, we’d already have things figured out.” She said. Cloudchaser sighed and shrugged.

“Alright. I guess we can make a few stops. We have to look around anyway.” She said. Flitter squeed. Cloudchaser then looked to me. “I’ll admit, I’m kinda’ surprised you’d decide for us to tag along. Are you sure we are great fit for this?” She asked. I blushed, realizing that it was out of selfish want. But some thought on the way here made me realize. Cloudchaser is trying to get her own act together. Just like me. She knows what to expect of herself and improve it. And Flitter seems to be contempt with her position in life. I’m certain she needs some more excitement. She’d also really help with keeping Cloudchaser levelheaded. They may not realize it, but when I noticed them last night, Flitter is the voice of reason between the two. And considering me and Thi don’t necessarily have the best thought out ideas, it’d be nice to have somepony who can make us think about it a little more. I smiled and nodded.

“You two will certainly help. I just know it.” I said. Flitter gave me an appreciative nod.

“We’ll do our best.” She said.

“You better do more than your best!” Rainbow Dash said, suddenly taking a commanding tone. Cloudchaser and Flitter turned and stood at attention. “You both were picked specifically for this job. You want to push yourself a little further? By all means. But just remember, that should never come at the expense of those you care about. Wonder Bolts protect and serve this land with bravery and valor. This is a chance to prove yourselves that you can keep up with the best! Do I make myself clear?”

“Yes, Ma’am!” Both said in unison and a salute. Rainbow Dash smiled and saluted back. She then turned to me.

“They’re all yours.” She said. Thi chuckled.

“Still need to break that tie, Dash. Hope you are ready for it when we get back.” She smirked challengingly at her. Rainbow Dash smirked and returned the look.

“You’re on!” She said. I giggled. I was feeling very strange but good vibes from this. As everypony chatted amongst themselves, I could hear a distant shifting in the back of my mind. I blinked once and found myself standing in a bitch black void. I turned around to see Din, resting herself on her belly with her chin over her forelegs. She eyed me quietly. Then, an evil grin creeped across her muzzle.

I’m looking forward to besting my sisters. Don’t disappoint me again, vessel. I’ll be watching. I took a moment to quell my breathing. I then gave her a stoic look and turned to her, stomping my hoof.

‘I’ll be ready this time. You have my solemn promise on that.” I said with a venomous tone. Din cackled and narrowed her eyes challengingly at me.

For your own sake, my little pony. You’d best catch me at a better mood.

I blinked again and found myself back in the room. It was as if no time had passed. The chatter came to a conclusion as my companions looked to me.

“Well, Fie? Are we ready to go?” Thi asked. I nodded softly, a little bothered by seeing Din awake. But I ignored the thought. Face the new day, Quiet Fire. I stood up and began walking towards the castle exit.

“Yeah. Let’s go.” I said with a determined look and smile.


We waved goodbye to Twilight and her friends as we began making our way out of Ponyville, heading westward. Cloudchaser and Flitter floated on either side of the wagon while Thi and I walked next to Silver Scribble, who was pulling the wagon. It was a small travel wagon. It wouldn’t be able to fit all of us and the camping gear. It wasn’t until we hit a crossroad some several miles outside of Ponyville that Thi brought up the question.

“Why couldn’t we just take the train?” She asked. I was scanning the map as I spoke.

“I don’t want a repeat of the ice element attacking us. Risk hurting more ponies and perhaps all locomotive transportation travel. Hate to say it, but we need to just hoof it for now. With any luck, hopefully we find the ice one early and be able to use the train then.” I said as I made a small note of where we were and scanning the wintery valley.

“So, it’s true then that the train was indeed attacked by a monster?” Cloudchaser spoke. I nodded.

“Most likely the power element of ice. I caught a glimpse of a nasty pair of eyes looking in on me and Thi before it attacked.” I stated as I pointed in the direction of where we need to go. We walked further and further down the road, Ponyville now a distant town in the valley. Flitter scanned the horizon and furrowed her brows.

“Didn’t the news say that monsters have been showing up and attacking travelers?” She asked. I looked over to the direction she was looking and gasped. We stopped in our tracks as we saw a decrepit wagon on the side of the road. This was no break down and abandon. The claw marks and signs of struggle showed it was indeed an attack. Thi darted her eyes, being aware of everything around us as I went down to check. Upon further examining the site, I could see scuff prints as well as hoof prints. There was also some small hints of blood in the snow. I leaned down and brushed my hoof softly over the ground. Recently fresh. This must have just happened not too long ago. And the blood was fresh as well. I looked up and found the blood trail leading away from the site.

“Thi, come here for a second.” I called out. I heard Thi crunch through the snow and over to me as I scanned the area.

“Yeesh, not a pleasant sight. Guess it’s safe to say the monsters are pretty ruthless.” She said. I followed the blood trail only a few steps over the hill and gasped. Thi followed behind me and clicked her tongue, her loom grim. “At least it’s safe to say a power element goon didn’t do this.”

In front of us was a massive hole. Way bigger than I thought a hole could be. I furrowed my brows and looked to Thi.

“Wasn’t there a rumor about a Malworf in the area?” I asked. Thi nodded.

“This close to Ponyville too.” She said with concern. I turned and headed back to the wagon, seeing Cooudchaser and Flitter descend from the sky. They must have saw what we were looking at from a different viewpoint. The look they gave us told me it was exactly that. Thi motioned with her head upon facing Silver. “Might want to call it into your M.E.S.S. buds. That caravan was attacked by something big and possibly lives underground.” She said. Silver looked grim.

“Then it is as I feared. Not only is the destabilization of our ethereal stream is being affected, it also appears to be affecting the ecological wildlife. Malworfs are supposed to hibernate in winter.” He sighed. “It’ll be some time before the hunters can act. I can only jot this down and mail it at some point. If we can even get to the next closest post office.” I blinked and pointed down the road.

“There is a small pit stop along the way that has a post office. It’s small but I’ve had to pick up a couple of things from there before.” I said. Silver seemed to smile softly.

“Blessed we be to have a courier on our side.” He said. I narrowed my eyes at him, before chuckling.

“Good. But you can always improve.” I said. Silver shrugged, leaving the rest of my companions to exchange glances. As we continued to walk further down the road, I couldn’t help but think of the worst possible thought upon inspecting that site. There had to have been a fatality. The trail leads into the hole. I shuddered at the thought of a pony being dragged under, lifeless and possibly a meal. Do Malworfs even eat ponies? I kicked myself in the conscious and shook away the thought. No way. It probably injured itself when attacking the caravan. Maybe the pony got away and it only retreated upon being hurt. I’m hoping that’s the case.

The grey, snowy winter wonderland around us was quiet. Only the squeaking sound of the wagon wheels and the flapping of Flitter and Cloudchaser’s wings accompanied us. For a few more miles, we were quite alert. The valley was expansive. Only valley creatures popped up every now and then on our way forward. We’ve even passed a couple of travelers, who greeted us with nods or ignored us entirely. Thi was especially suspicious of the ones that were quiet and paid us no mind.

It made me wonder how badly her travels have gotten her paranoid. I can’t really blame her. If she is being hunted by the Triad, I say she has every right to be alert. We made it to the pit stop with the angel beams shining through the murky clouds. I sighed as I sat in the back of the wagon, helping myself to a thermos of hot chocolate. I looked ahead at how much of the valley we traversed. The day was nearly over and Ponyville was becoming more and more distant. I grumbled softly, already missing home. I then felt something cold rest against my cheek and I yelped a bit.

I looked up and saw Cloudchaser giving me a chuckle.

“Just making sure you aren’t going to set things on fire.” She said with a smile. I bowed my head. She winced and sat down next to me. “Too soon?” She asked. I sighed and held out my hoof towards Ponyville.

“It hasn’t been a day and I already miss home.” I said. Cloudchaser rubbed the back of her head.

“Oh? I guess I can kinda’ see that. Home is definitely a nice place to be at right now. Enjoying the serene snow and seasonal stuff.” She said. She sighed and leaned forward. “I uhh… want to say thank you.” I looked out from under my bangs, my face going hot. “I’m not… really good with words. But Flitter convinced me to do this. I want to say thank you, for giving me and my sister a chance to prove ourselves to Rainbow Dash. Or the Wonder Bolts specifically. It has always been my dream to get in as much as RD. But… of course there was a time in my life where I just kinda’ stopped. Like I just… well… my sister put it nicely as ‘lazy’.” I took a small sip of my coco, listening intently, but doing my best to not make so much eye contact. My heart was beating rapidly. She then smiled.

“Flitter has always done her best to push me and motivate me to be the top. She excelled in young fliers academy. I once was the top, but I guess all my pride and ignorance cost me so much. But I was okay with it. I still kept myself afloat and managed to push myself enough to be in the reserves.” I listened to her with stark interest, my face still red. “But being in the reserves gave me just enough conditioning to stop trying again. And it was like that for a while. I… think I may have unintentionally held Flitter back. She’s an amazing flier and the fact she got herself to be behind a desk in the reserves…” her expression dropped to contemplative. I gave her a worried look now. She then snickered and ruffled her own man as she sat back up. “Ahh, listen to me drone on! I should just be happy for the opportunity. So yeah… thanks for allowing us to come along. I swear we won’t let you down. I can handle myself if we are in a scrap.” She said. I instinctively stopped her by putting a hoof on her shoulder. She looked at me quizzically. I froze up and immediately shot my hoof back, brushing my bangs away and taking a timid sip of my coco.

“I-it’s okay to vent to me you know. I-I did it to you two randomly so… it’s only fair, right?” I squeaked a bit. Cloudchaser hummed in though as she looked towards Ponyville. She then laughed and gave a casual hoof wiggle in dismissal.

“Maybe. That was kinda’ outta’ the blue. But that’s okay. We did kinda’ crash land in front of you… I think.” She scratched her mane. “Everything was kinda’ a blank then. Until I ran into Flitter.” She shrugged. Thi then sat down beside me, making me jump. She levitated a sandwich in front of her, already half eaten.

“It’s going to take us at least three days to get there by hoof. Know any good places to stop that won’t get us attacked at night?” She asked. I took a deep breath to calm my beating heart before thinking about it. She grinned at Cloudchaser and held up the sandwich. “Want a bite?” Cloudchaser eyed it before shrugging and taking a bite out of it. She gave a pleasant look as she chewed before swallowing.

“Mmm! What’s in it?” She asked. Thi brushed her snout with a hoof coolly.

“My own recipe. Fie here can make a mean hotcake. But I can make a badass sandwich.” She rolled her hoof. “It’s sautéed hay with some spices thrown in. Not a lot. Just enough to give it a good kick.” She explained. Cloudchaser licked her lips.

“Wow. I have to try one of your hotcakes if Thi can make a good sandwich.” She said. Thi gave a smirk at me and I narrowed my eyes at her. What are you up too? She ripped the sandwich into half before giving it to Cloudchaser, who happily dug into it. Thi waved the sandwich in front of me.

“Want some too?” She asked. I softly pushed the sandwich away.

“I think that kind of sandwich mixed with hot coco wouldn’t blend well.” I said. Thi shrugged and took one big bite of her sandwich, chewing happily. I sighed and got off the wagon. I trotted around to the front to see Silver writing in his journal. I then saw Flitter fidgeting with a bow. It was a yew bow. Curved and light enough for her to wield. At least, that’s what it looked like when I observed it. I rubbed my chin. This maybe a good chance to get to know Flitter as well. I trotted over to them and gave a nervous wave. Silver Scribble didn’t pay much mind, but Flitter smiled as she looked up from her bow tweaking.

“Heya, Fie. Is it alright to call you Fie?” She asked. I nodded.

“My friends usually call me that. So, go ahead.” I said coolly. She gave a pleased look before tugging the bow string. I cocked my head and pointed to the bow.

“I uhh… overheard Rainbow Dash that you take archery lessons?” I asked, trying to make it sound like I didn’t specifically ask for them. Oh, who am I kidding. Rainbow probably already told them. Flitter nodded.

“I wanted to partake in the Equestrian games. Unfortunately, my bow broke and they didn’t have any spares. So, I ended up getting disqualified.” She slumped and sighed. I quickly changed the subject.

“I also hear you are a great flier.” I said. She nodded again.

“I take it Cloudchaser vented to you?” She asked with a coy arch of her brow. I flushed and cleared my throat.

“M-maybe a little…” I said. Flitter laughed and waved a hoof.

“I’m only teasing. I’m the one that told her to thank you anyway. So, if she said her part. I’ll say mine. Thanks for giving us a chance to prove ourselves to Rainbow Dash. We may know her outside of Ponyville, but she’s a very strict captain. I guess it’s fair though. She worked her flank off to be a Wonder Bolt. So, if she can work herself to the bone to get there, then me and my sis can as well.” I sighed quietly in relief. Nice save, Quiet Fire. Thanks me! I cleared my throat, almost giving away my hoof bump in the air by stretching.

"So... you handle the bow. Does Cloudchaser... know any fighting... stuff?" I asked, trying not to sound desperate to know more about her. Flitter nodded.

"She's really good with karate. Black belt and three-time world champion. If only she took her Wonder Bolt stuff seriously. It's almost as if she can't decide to be a martial arts champion or an ace Wonder Bolt. Why not both?" she asked, more to herself. I cocked my head. I then, thought about it.

"Maybe... she has her own doubts about doing both. One or the other would require a lot of attention, but if it doesn't interest her to some degree, she may want to focus on the other thing she likes. Maybe, she's finding it hard to balance between the two? Hince why she maybe content with staying in the reserves." I explained with a rub of my chin. Flitter looked at me with awe. I realized what I had said and coughed, avoiding eye contact. "J-just a theory..." I said quickly. Silver shrugged as he flipped through his journal pages.

"No, that sounds about as much as a pony who has doubts of herself. The only way she can really figure it out is to break her own shackles. Both are tied to one or the other's interest. Most would decide to pick with one and stick with it. But she likes doing both, so picking and choosing one or the other is a tough choice. She can do both. It'll just require a lot of commitment." he said. I narrowed my eyes at Scribble while Flitter gave him the same look she gave me. Scribble then glanced up to us from his journal without moving his head. "I run an ecology and study group with a lot of ponies involved on monsters in my free time while handling my scholar duties to the princesses. Take what you can with that information." I slumped. What a very strange pony.

PreviousChapters Next