• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 577 Views, 6 Comments

The 6 element seas - Randomateverything



A stubborn Pirate Captain and a persistent Princess travel the 6 element seas looking for the lost elements to restore harmony to their land.

  • ...
2
 6
 577

Chapter 7

Rainbow Dash was bored, she had finally returned home from going around Equestria, and now she was sitting in her room with Pinkie and Fluttershy doing her make-up, as was the usual when they had guests. Her mother had invited several of her friends around to Celebrate Rainbow's public coronation. So she had to dress up in her best outfit, now complete with her crown, shoes and, neck plate? She didn't know what it was, and truthfully, she couldn't care less.

Zecora and Adofo were to leave with their parents the day after she had her coronation, but since they had gotten along so well, and the meeting had lead to the two kingdom's allying internationally, they were gifted their own private rooms in the castle, where they could stay whenever they wanted. The same was gifted to Rainbow in the Zebrican palace, but they all decided it was easier staying in Equestria, especially for the celebrations. They had not been, however, allowed to accompany Rainbow on her tour of Equestria, as the Equestrian coronation tradition states that 'Only maids and guards may join the Prince or Princess on their coronation tour'.

Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy had just finished getting Rainbow ready when a knock was heard at the door, it was Shining Armor, here to collect her to take her to the celebration, as was tradition. She was about to open the door when Pinkie shouted from behind her

"Don't forget to get me some of that cake, Dashie!" Rainbow chuckled

"Do I ever?" She replied, looking back at her bouncing, pink friend, then, she looked at her shy, yellow friend "I'll get some for you too Fluttershy, I know how much you love it, almost as much as miss Black hole does." She smirked as she tilted her head towards Pinkie, Fluttershy let out a small squeak of embarrassment, the memories of her gorging down on the incredibly rich cake surfacing from previous parties. Rainbow sniggered, knowing what Fluttershy was thinking of.

"Oh, you don't have to Rainbow, I mean, it must be hard to smuggle out that cake from under your mother's nose, and you know how your mother gets if she finds any kind of stain on your clothes."

"Don't worry about that Fluttershy, it'll be fine, and besides, this time, I've got Shining Armor to hide the cake for me." She smirked, as she opened the door, letting said pony stumble into the room, having been just about to knock again. He quickly stood upright and regained his composure.

"I am here to take you to the grand hall, Princess." He said with a bow, Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes ad followed him out.

When they reached the grand hall, it was already full of all the nobles and other rich ponies there were a few griffons there too, the royal family from saddle-Arabia, the Hippogriff King and Queen from Japony and the Zebra royals. Adofo and Zecora waved at her when they saw her come in. her mother stood at the other end of the hall, talking with Jubilee June. The door guards opened the doors in sync for them, and the Herald announced their arrival, causing everyone to cease their chatter and turn towards them. Once everyone was quiet, Queen Celestia called out in a loud voice

"May I present my daughter, Princess Rainbow Dash, officially as the heir to my throne." Rainbow blushed in embarrassment, she hadn't realised that so many ponies would be there. At least that was it, once everyone had cheered, the celebration would continue and she would no longer be the center of attention, not that she hated being the center of attention, she loved it, it was only when it came to being royalty did she hate it. Everyone cheered, Prince Adofo and Princess Zecora being noticeably the loudest, at least, until their parents glared at them to tell them to be quieter. "And with that title," The Queen continued, Rainbow was confused, why was she carrying on? "I bestow upon my daughter, the gift of magic." her mother smiled as she walked towards her, her horn glowing a gentle yellow, but filled with power.

'What is she doing?' Rainbow thought 'The gift of magic? What's that supposed to mean? I thought she'd just announce me and that would be that!' She smiled back up at her mother, nervously. She watched as her mother stopped several lengths from her and bowed her head down so that the tip of her horn brushed her forelock. There was a brief flash of white, as her mother cast a spell. Then, when the light faded and she could see clearly again, she noticed that her head was heavier than it should have been. Her mother brought her head back up and proudly smiled at her daughter. Rainbow looked up to see her mother's face, was that a tear? then, after a few moments, she put a hoof to her head to see why it was so heavy, maybe it was just a side affect of whatever spell her mother had cast. But what spell had she cast? her question was quickly answered when her hoof collided gently with something sticking out from her forehead. Her eyes widened slightly, and she placed her hoof on the object. She could feel it, she could feel her hoof through the object. Her eyes widened more, surely her mother couldn't have..she wouldn't. She looked up at her mother again, with an almost pleading look, and with a small gasp of realization, her mother produced a mirror. one look into it, proved that her worst fear had come true. She was an alicorn.


It was late when Rarity trotted back to the ship. She had traveled down to Manehatten that morning, so she could pay her mother a visit and pay her medicine bills. Her mother was overjoyed to hear that her daughter had finally made enough money,

"Oh, I'm so proud of you Rarity, I hope that, once I'm out of this hospital, you'll let Sweetie Belle see me. I know you feel protective of her, and you don't want to risk her in case anyone recognizes you, but don't you think it's a little unfair that she can't see her mother?" Her mother had said

"Yes, I know mother, I'm sorry, I just, can't risk taking her here, I'm a wanted mare, granted none of the guards actually know what I look like, but..I can't take the risk that somepony does. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let Sweetie get caught, you know what Queen Celestia does to Pirates." Rarity replied, whispering, in case anyone was listening from outside the door, and she was right to do so, because, not a few seconds later, somepony knocked at the door, and a doctor walked in. She was a different doctor to the one her mother had last time she visited.

"Hello Mrs Belle." She said, cheerily, "I see you have a visitor, well, I'll be quick about this then." She grinned, and then quickly trotted over to Mrs Belle's side. Rarity quickly recognized what the doctor was doing, as she had seen it several times before. The doctor got out a syringe, and gently pushed it into her mother's left foreleg. "There, now, I'll just put a plaster on that, and you'll be good for today." She smiled again.

"Excuse me." Rarity said, "You're a different doctor to the one my mother had last time I visited, did something happen to Doctor Stable?" The Doctor shook her head,

"I'm Doctor Snowheart, I've taken over Mrs Belle's care from Doctor Stable since I became a doctor. He's perfectly fine."
Rarity smiled, and nodded in understanding, "Ah, thank you, and congratulations on your promotion."
Doctor Snowheart blushed, thanked Rarity for the compliment and left the room.

Rarity had spent the whole day with her mother, telling her stories of her adventures, and how much Sweetie Belle was growing up. Her mother insisted that once she was better, she would join Rarity on her pirating adventures. At first, Rarity had protested, but she eventually gave in, her mother was more stubborn than herself sometimes. She smiled at the memory, it was great to finally see her mother again, but she did feel terrible for not letting Sweetie Belle see her. She made a mental note to take her to the ice-cream parlor the next day.

When Rarity reached the ship, she noticed that the gangplank was up, preventing anyone without wings from boarding it.

"Oi! Twilight! Lower the gangplank!" She shouted up, and a head popped over the side of the ship, but it wasn't Twilight's head, it was a griffons.

"Hmm, nah, I think I'll keep it up." The griffon said, smirking "Keeps out all the pests." Down below, Rarity fumed,

"How dare you! Get off'a my ship you scallywag!"

"I think you mean my ship." He laughed "It's much better than my old one, much cleaner, and I do so love my new crew." He reached behind him and yanked something forward-no, not something, someone. Rarity gasped

"Release Twilight now!" She yelled, Twilight was gagged and had a magic inhibitor surrounding her horn, well, that explains why she didn't just blast him, hmph, well, she's not the only one who can do that.

"No, I will admit that she can be mouthy, and she won't shut up, but I can't deny that she's a good source of information. Isn't that right Rarity?" His eyes narrowed, Rarity gasped, she looked at Twilight, who looked crestfallen.

"Hmph, yes, Twilight knows almost everything, but there are a few things that even she doesn't know."

"And what are those 'few things'?"

"My own ability in magic." Suddenly Rarity let forth a laser of pure magic energy, it struck dead center of the griffon's head, and there was a loud 'poof' before the griffon disappeared in a puff of smoke.
Several blocks away, anyone who was wandering around, would hear a loud shout, a crash, and some very colourful language, as a griffon suddenly crashed into the bins down a small alleyway.
Twilight looked around, blinking, slightly confused, before realizing that the griffon was gone. She smiled and quickly lowered the gangplank to let her Captain on board.