• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 577 Views, 6 Comments

The 6 element seas - Randomateverything



A stubborn Pirate Captain and a persistent Princess travel the 6 element seas looking for the lost elements to restore harmony to their land.

  • ...
2
 6
 577

Chapter 8

For the rest of the celebration, Rainbow Dash forced smiles and greetings, she thanked her mother for the 'gift' and told her how much she loved her. Queen Celestia was pleased by this, and let her be for the rest of the night. As much as possible, Rainbow stuck with her friends, who shared her distaste for becoming an alicorn. Shining Armor hung around with her for half of the night, but he kept looking over his shoulder at a certain pink alicorn from the Crystal Empire. Rainbow eventually let him run after her when it was time for the dance. As the guest of honor, Rainbow had to dance. many stallions asked her to dance with them, she really didn't want to dance with any, but she had to pick one and Prince Blueblood was the only one she knew. He was her cousin, which made the dancing weird, but at least he wasn't dancing with her for...those reasons. As the dance ended, he said

"I know how much you dislike me, but think I could get a 'thank you' for getting you out of dancing with the stuffy Canterlot nobles?" Rainbow smiled at him, sure, he was a snob, arrogant, boastful and attention seeking, but he could be nice... sometimes,

"Thanks, but don't think I'm gonna forgive you for calling Pegasi 'birds' just from one kind act." She narrowed her eyes, but kept her smile, Blueblood smiled back

"I don't expect you to, after all, now you're a 'pin head' just like the rest of us Unicorns."

"Yeh, but, unlike you, I don't have pins for brains as well as a horn." She smirked as he scoffed, turned and walked away.

For the rest of the Celebration, Rainbow hung out with Adofo and Zecora, avoiding everyone else as much as possible. She remembered her promise to Pinkie and Fluttershy, and hid large slices of the cake in Shining Armor's Armor, something he wasn't entirely happy about.

Soon, the celebration ended and Shining Armor escorted Rainbow back to her room. He gave her the cake, wrapped up in napkins, that had been hidden under his chest plate, and then trotted off, likely to the west guest wing.

As soon as he was gone, and the door had closed, she cried out in agony. Immediately, Pinkie and Fluttershy, who had
been playing cards shot out of their seats to see what was wrong. It was obvious to them, the moment they saw her.

"Dashie!" Pinkie cried, "You're an alicorn!...I thought you didn't want to be an alicorn?"

"I don't! I never wanted this! I thought she understood! I thought she knew! I told her! I told her I didn't want to be an alicorn! But does she ever listen to me? NO! Why can't I have a normal life? Why does she keep trying to make me all prissy and girly, and, and...princessy!?"

"Well, you are a princess."

"Not, helping, Pinkie. I mean, it's not like I have to take the throne. Mother's immortal, and so is Auntie, she could take the throne! Why does it have to be me?...*sigh*, ughh, now I have to deal with this stupid thing." Rainbow indicated to her head

"It's not stupid Rainbow." Fluttershy gently scolded, "Besides, I think it looks lovely on you."

"Great...I just...I can't. I need to get away for a bit. This is too much for me right now."

"We could go into town tomorrow." Fluttershy suggested

"No...I need something longer than that, I need, like, a vacation."

"Oooh! Well we could always go to Trottingham to see if we can find any pirates! I mean, sure, they'd be dead, but, we could always hire a boat and go looking for them out in the ocean!"

"Heh, great idea Pinks, just one tiny problem, do you really think that my mother would let us search for pirates?"

"Of course not, silly, that's why it'll have to be a secret operation!"

"Pinkie, as soon as my mother finds out I'm gone, she's gonna send the entire royal guard out looking for me, and even if we have made it out of Equestria by then, it's not exactly hard to tell who I am. They'll ask everyone if they've seen me, they won't even have to give a description. I mean, my name is Rainbow Dash. Yeh, that Rainbow maned alicorn who left Trottingham port Saturday morning definitely isn't her. They'll find us within a day, and then I'll be grounded, and you two will be fired. *sigh*. Not to mention that almost everyone knows me now, the only ponies who won't are the ones who live under rocks."

"Well, you, umm, could always tell Queen Celestia that you want to go on a cruise with us." Fluttershy proposed, Rainbow's face instantly lit up with a large grin

"Fluttershy! You're a genius! Mother'll let us hire a ship and go around the Magic sea for sure!"


"I'm so sorry Captain!" Twilight apologized "I didn't want to tell him everything, but he threatened to kill the fillies!" They were both sitting in Rarity's cabin, Twilight looked distraught.

"Yes Twilight, I understand that you would never give away any important information without a good reason. What I want to know, is how a single griffon took over my entire ship."

"W-well, he kinda, well, you saw that chest plate he was wearing?" At Rarity's nod, she continued "Well, it had a sort of enchantment on it. It only protected his body, and not his legs, wings or head, but it was enough for him to be able to get past us and get the magic inhibitors on us."

"Hmmm...well, he certainly didn't expect me to have that much magic."

"Neither did I. From the way you usually use magic, I expected you to have a smaller mana pool that what you demonstrated. No offense, of course, I just mean-"

"Twilight, I understand, in fact, I'm quite glad that's what you thought."

"W-what?"

"Well, If everypony knew I had magic like that, then ponies would come at me more prepared, wouldn't they?"

"So, you make ponies think you are weaker than you look?! Wow, no wonder other unicorns haven't bested you through magic!" Rarity gave a sly smile "I always thought it must have been a special shield enchantment that prevented sneak attacks!" Twilight was amazed, and she now saw her Captain in a new light. Rarity stood up, and trotted to the door.

"Well, it's been almost a week, I'm going to see how Wooden's getting on with the repairs.

"Of course Captain." Twilight replied, getting up as well, "It's late, I'm going to head to bed, if that's alright with you?"

"Sure Twilight, make sure someone stays up though, ok? Maybe take shifts. Don't want any uninvited guests." Twilight nodded in response, and both mares headed out onto the deck.

Spike was up in the crows nest, keeping an eye out, while Applejack and Big Macintosh were playing a game of cards. Big Mac was winning, something that seemed to frustrate Applejack. Looking over at the bow of the ship, Rarity noticed that Wooden Plank wasn't there.

"Where's Wooden, Applejack?" She asked

"Wen' home early, said he'd be done sooner than he thought. Didn' see reason to continue late, Capp'n."

"Finishing sooner than he thought? How soon?"

"Said he'd be done by evenin' tomorrow."

"Oh good. We'll be right on schedule then." Rarity smiled, She looked up, it was fairly late, the sun had set some time ago, and the moon was shining over low over the ocean. It really was a beautiful sight. There were no clouds, the stars shone bright and only the gentle lapping of waves, and the occasional shuffle of cards could be heard. It was peaceful, and it gave Rarity time to relax.

"Ya wanna join us fer a game Capp'n?" Applejack called

"Sure."