• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 577 Views, 6 Comments

The 6 element seas - Randomateverything



A stubborn Pirate Captain and a persistent Princess travel the 6 element seas looking for the lost elements to restore harmony to their land.

  • ...
2
 6
 577

Chapter 12

Captain Rarity's- as the three mares had discovered her name was -conditions were fairly simple, and not as demanding as Rainbow Dash had been expecting to come from a pirate, and was fairly suspicious. When Twilight- the navigator and quartermaster of the ship -stated her terms, Rainbow's suspicion grew. Captain Rarity, had simply stated that they were only being taken to Neighgeria, they were not to speak of the encounter to anyone and that they had to help on the ship as much as they could, Twilight had demanded that they tell her who they really were or else she could not trust them.

Rainbow Dash excused her small party of ponies to discuss the terms with her friends. Twilight accepted. Jerking her head to the side, Rainbow beckoned her friends out of earshot of the purple unicorn.

"Isn't that the same purple unicorn we saw your body guard looking at?" Pinkie asked before anypony else could speak

"I think so, which causes a problem. If Shining Armor knows her, then he may ask for her help in looking for us when everypony realises I'm missing. Whether or not she'll agree, we don't know."

"I doubt Shining knows what she does though." Fluttershy spoke up "Think about it, if he knew she was a pirate, he would have arrested her the moment he saw her."

"....That...yeh, that makes sense....So, either Shining doesn't know what she does, or she's a different purple unicorn."

"No, I think she's the same unicorn, remember, Shining Armor said that she reminds him of someone he used to know? But that she wasn't necessarily the same pony."

"Oh yeh..."

"Umm, Rainbow Dash?"

"Yeh Flutters?"

"Didn't you say we were only looking, and we didn't have to get on a boat?"

"Well...I mean yeh, that's part of the reason I'm so skeptical about this. We don't actually know what they plan to do. Like I said before, I'm not so sure any of these ponies would really have an issue with taking advantage of our situation if we asked for a lift out of the country."

"So, does that mean we can just say no and look for another boat....not run by pirates?" Fluttershy asked hopefully

"Of course not, silly!" Pinkie pitched in "My Pinkie sense isn't telling me that they're gonna foal-nap us, so we'll be fine!" She smiled

"huh, I...didn't realise your Pinkie sense could be so specific, Pinkie..." Rainbow Dash quirked an eyebrow, Pinkie just shrugged "Anyway, I still don't trust them. Twilight wants our real identities, and I don't exactly feel comfortable giving them to her."

"We could always use false identities." Pinkie suggested

"I think Twilight would notice. I mean, she already noticed that we're wearing disguises. I think she'll notice if we use another disguise."

"A-are we really doing this? Getting on a pirate ship?" Fluttershy gulped nervously

"....I'm not sure. Thinking about it now, if our disguises are gonna be found that quickly by a pirate, and the docks have several unicorn guards knocking around, then I don't think we'll be able to hitch a lift that way, and even if I use my authority to get past the guards and onto a boat, they'll still tell Mother. Besides, Neighgerian is one of the few languages Mother made me learn, so we'll be able to communicate with the local residents."

"B-but, we're not getting a lift back."

"We can get a lift from someone else in Neighgeria, like I said, Neighgerian is one of the few languages I know. Don't worry Fluttershy, we'll be fine. Besides even...even if they do foal-nap us, and hold us for ransom, or put us into slavery, Mother will find us...and yes, I'll be grounded for life, and you two will probably be put in the dungeons for a year-minimum, If I can convince her that it was all my fault -but, we'll be alive, right?"

"Yeh!" Pinkie agreed "But that's not gonna happen!"

Fluttershy looked between her two friends, her face conflicted between wanting to run away and wanting to stay with them. Finally, her expression broke into one of reluctant acceptance

"Okay...Okay. Right, okay. Fine, we can go on the pirate ship." Rainbow Dash almost cheered, but was interrupted when Fluttershy spoke again "But...you two have to make it up to me at some point." She held a look of assertiveness for all of 3 seconds "Umm, if that's okay with you."

"Alright!" Rainbow Cheered, "Thanks Fluttershy! Your the best! Right Pinkie?"

"Of course!" She beamed, obviously just as excited "How about I throw you a huge party? *Gasp* A 'Thank you for letting us travel with Pirates!' party! And we'll invite all of...us...three...Aww, it'll have to be a small party then!" Pinkie's face appeared to deflate when she realised that she couldn't tell anypony else about the pirates.

Fluttershy smiled and shook her head at Pinkie's excitement.

"What are we going to do about our identities though?" She asked "If we agree to reveal them, we can't do it out here, we're too exposed. I mean, anypony could see us, and what if they let your mother know?! We'll be caught for sure, and you'll be grounded, and Pinkie and I will probably be banished!" Rainbow Dash thought for a moment.

"We could say that we'll only show our real identities when we're out of the cove. I mean, Twilight could probably take our disguises down if she tried...I mean, they're not exactly built for defense...maybe I should have asked Shining to teach me some shield spells as well...Oh well, too late now. I mean, this is our only ticket out of here, we could always ask to just use our disguises, but...I understand Twilight's want to be on the safe side...she can't trust us if she doesn't know who we actually are...but then...she won't be able to trust us if she knows who I am...I guess we'll have to risk it. It is our only option." The other two nodded their agreement

"So...this is it then?" Pinkie was oddly quiet "This is where we...actually disobey your Mother...and leave Equestria with Pirates?"

"...Yeh...I guess." Rainbow looked to Fluttershy, who hesitantly nodded.

The group paused a moment longer, before heading back to Twilight.


Reluctantly, Twilight had agreed to letting the mares show their identities after leaving the cove, and so had let them aboard. The ship had set sail about an hour ago, so the three mares had had a while to settle in.

As the cove was now just a speck in the distance, Twilight decided that it was time for the mares to reveal their identities. So, she trotted down the stairs to the lower deck, and made her way to the back, where the mares were staying. She cleared her throat to get their attention,

"Nopony is going to see who you are now but me and the rest of the crew. As per our conditions, you must remove your identities." She glared at them impatiently. The white pegasus sighed and nodded.

"Ok. Just...don't freak out." Twilight was confused, why would she freak out? Were they hideous? Is that why they wore disguises? Not to not be recognised, but so other ponies didn't repulse at the sight of them? 'no' she scolded herself 'That's stupid. The only logical explanation for why I'd freak out is if one of them were...'

Her train of thought was cut off, and proven true, when the white Pegasus started to cast magic from somewhere above her head. About where the tip of a long horn would sit. The white of her coat faded to blue, and the blue of her mane became surrounded by multiple other colours. Twilight looked to the other two, the Grey Earth pony turned pink, both in coat and her mane, which also sprung from the droopy, flat state, to a hectic, curly state. The green Pegasus became a yellow one, and her yellow mane became pink. Twilight paled as she saw a pirates worst dream come true. Being discovered by the royalty of Equestria. She tried not to freak, honest she did, but when one is faced with almost certain doom, it's hard not to. So, naturally, Twilight freaked out.

Rainbow Dash cringed as the purple Unicorn screamed and began running in circles around the lower deck. Then, as quickly as the freak out session started, it stopped. And Twilight's horn was blazing a bright magenta. She glared, fearfully, at the three

"Give me one good reason why I shouldn't blast you all right now." She demanded, she knew it was stupid, she knew there were plenty of good reasons, but she wanted to hear them

"One" Rainbow Dash began "I'm Queen Celestia's daughter, if you harm me, or either of my friends, she'll know and come to kill you. Two, I'm running away, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't let my Mother know where I am. Three, my magic may be weak, but that doesn't mean I'm that susceptible to your magic. Four, it does nothing in your favour." She stopped listing. Twilight looked between them, and bit her lip. Finally, she sighed

"Fine. But if you try anything funny I'll-" She was cut off

"Funny!? Ooh! Ooh! Can I try something funny?" Pinkie asked, bouncing up and down. When Twilight glared at her, she stopped, and began to pull funny faces. "Mmneh, mnoo, muhh" Somehow, she seemed to be grinning at Twilight the whole time. Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy began giggling, and it proved to be infectious when Twilight began chuckling too.

After a few seconds, and Pinkie had stopped making faces, the laughter died down. Twilight composed herself,

"Right. Well, you guys can stay, it was a potentiality that could have happened, which it did, so I'm not, not prepared for this." She sighed and looked at the ground, after a second she looked back up "If I may ask, why are you running away. I mean, everypony knows you hate your position as Princess, but it just..." She trailed off.

Rainbow Dash sighed

"Mother ascended me. Even after I'd begged her plenty of times not to. My position as Princess is fine, I guess. I love my Mother very much, but she often thinks that her opinion is the only one that matters. I just don't want to be the ruler of Equestria. Mother can do it fine, and Aunt Luna can take over if she really needs to retire, I know how much she wants to at least experience running the country. I had to get away for a while, I originally asked if I could hire a boat to sail around Equestria for a while, but...she hated the idea, so I ran away. I'll go back, probably, sooner or later, but not now."

Twilight nodded and smiled,

"I noticed you cover up your horn, why? I mean, everypony can tell you're the Princess without it, so it doesn't hide your identity."

"Like I said, I never wanted to ascend, I like being a Pegasus, and Pegasi don't have horns. I'll admit learning disguise spells to hide my horn so I can imagine never having it is a bit ironic, but...I can't just rely on other ponies to do it for me, especially if they're not always gonna be there." Twilight frowned

"That brings up more questions. but I'll leave them for now." She turned to leave, she turned back, blushing "I'm sorry, I forgot to ask your names. I mean, Everypony knows Rainbow Dash but you two..."

"That's Okay! I'm Pinkie Pie! And I'm Rainbow Dash's Party planner. Though technically, my title is 'Lady-in-waiting Pinkie Pie' Maybe when I throw Fluttershy that 'Thank you for letting us travel with pirates' party, I can invite you! Yay! Then it can be a 'Thank you for letting us travel with pirates' party and a 'Yay, we made a new friend' party!" Rainbow Dash rolled her eyes

"Yeh, Pinkie can get a bit overexcited. Anyway, like Pinkie said, this is Fluttershy. She's a bit shy around strangers, but she'll warm up to you. Go on Shy, introduce yourself." Fluttershy looked around nervously, then took a deep breath

"My name is Fluttershy?" She squeaked, it was audible, and Twilight smiled

"Well, my name is Twilight Sparkle. Though I've already introduced myself." She turned to leave again, but then turned back, again "Oh, and before I forget, Captain Rarity says you don't need to start work until tomorrow, and if any of you happen to know anything about weather, she'll appreciate it." Twilight nodded once more, as a finality, and then left.