• Published 15th Feb 2017
  • 577 Views, 6 Comments

The 6 element seas - Randomateverything



A stubborn Pirate Captain and a persistent Princess travel the 6 element seas looking for the lost elements to restore harmony to their land.

  • ...
2
 6
 577

Chapter 4

"I wish to be able to waltz down the street and drown myself in the fountain, rather than to sit here and listen to you dribble on about the same thing over and over. I am perfectly capable of talking like a princess, and I am most certainly capable of acting my age, thank you very much Mrs, Jubilee June." Princess Rainbow Dash said, in a perfect Canterlot noble accent. Jubilee June frowned at her, but kept her composure

"I understand that very clearly Princess, but as it stands, Queen Celestia has asked me here to teach you how to not lose you composure if somepony upsets you, and to not tell them that you would prefer to kill yourself."

"I would not have to tell them I'd rather kill myself if they weren't as boring as you, and I know for a fact that there are ponies who much more interesting to talk to."

"Well sometimes a lady must subject herself to talking to those she finds boring to show that she truly does care."

"That just makes it obvious that you don't, you just do it, to make you look like you care, when you don't. You just do it so that they will see you as a lovely pony who would give up anything if somepony needed it, but in reality you would not! You would just turn your nose up at a homeless pony as if they were simply a speck of dirt! You and all of your friends are just stuffy Canterlot nobles who only care for themselves, money and seeming like the most generous pony ever! You give not one bit to charity out of your own kindness, only so that you can sidle up to my mother!"

"Princess! First of all, it is 'do not', not 'don't', second, I do care about other ponies, and a lady, nor a princess, should accuse anypony of not caring. Finally, I do happen to give one bit to charity out of my own kindness, the educational program charity for Canterlot."

"Well, that does not make it any better. In my opinion it makes you worse, that program only spends money on the unicorn noble's schools. You know, the ones you can't get into if you're not a unicorn, or a noble."

"Yes, well. Canterlot is mainly compromised of unicorns, there are very few pegasi or earth ponies, so there simply is no point in spending money on the pegasus or earth pony noble's schools. And, if you recall, there are no charities that support the non noble schools."

"Support For Foals does, Educational Needs does, Screw Nobility To The Moon And Back does. And besides, just because Canterlot is mainly made up of you stuffy unicorns, does not mean that you can just ignore us other races!"

"Those charities don't base in Canterlot, and SNTTMAB does not stand for 'Screw Nobility To The Moon And Back' Princess, that would be quite the stupid name, don't you think?"

"Well, what do you think it means? And just because the other charities don't base in Canterlot, does not mean you can just ignore them! You nobles, especially the unicorns like you, don't give a flying feather about anything but yourselves and whether or not what you're doing benefits you!"

"'Do not', Princess, not 'Don't."

"I don't care how I'm supposed to say it, if it's just going to make me look like you snobs."

"Queen Celestia has asked me to make sure that you are able to speak properly for when you go out into public. We do not want you talking like the common folk and putting yourself down to their level. So, we shall start this lesson over. First, it is 'do not' not 'don't', it is 'I am' not 'I'm'-"

"Gahh!"
---

"So, Capp'n Rarity, haven't seen ya in a while. Hear ya're making quite the name for yarself out there, even excluding who yar father is." Wooden Plank said, whilst examining the ship.

"Well, of course, if ponies are to know who I am, and know just what I can do, then I have to be at the top of the food chain, no?" Rarity replied

"O' course, and that makes ponies afraid of ya, fair few will dare engage ya and yar crew in a fight."

"Quite. Now, down to business, how long will it take to repair it?"

"Well, If I had all meh ponies, then 'bout three days at best, but currently, half meh crew has gone off pirating, just to keep the practice, ya know?"

"So, how long will it take?"

"A week at least."

"Is that really the best you can do? I was hoping to be able to leave the island within that time." Captain Rarity pleaded

"Sorry, that's the best I can do, what I can do for ya though, to make up for it, is ta build the boat a little better than t'was, stronger and more streamlined, t'will take 'bout the same amount o' time, maybe a day or two longer."

"Well, I suppose, that'll assist in getting to my destination faster, and maybe avoid some unnecessary conflict with that 'Bubble crew', yes, I've had a few run in's with them."

"But ya beat 'em ev'ry time, d'aint'cha?"

"Yes, but that's not what's bothering me, it's the damage they cause, we can beat them, but at what cost? We've already lost several members to them in previous skirmishes, so now, with Macintosh having his leg repaired, if they attack, I don't think we'll have enough crew to get our next booty."

"Aye, I see yar point. So ya want the upgrade?"

"It better be worth the extra time, Plank, I'm running on a schedule."

"T'will be Capp'n Rarity, t'will be."
Rarity nodded and trotted off, heading towards the center of Trottingham.

Author's Note:

It's short, I know, but, I couldn't think of what else to do, and I don't think that following Rarity whilst she's shopping would be very interesting.